Parody Threads in Serious Subforums

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Parody Threads in Serious Subforums

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I think we need to stop doing this. I feel like it is going to have an impact on the newbie player base who will be coming here and looking at these threads to help them become better at the game.

Facilitating discussion on controversial topics is one thing, and I am not a paragon of good play by any means in fact the opposite, but blatantly parodying threads with thick sarcasm is not the way to go about growing the competent playerbase.

So can we not do it. Parody the thread in the speakeasy, its been done before (mafia forum parodies in speakeasy) so use it. Thats kinda what the speakeasy is for in part.

Regards,
Concerned Parent / PTA member / City Watch Secretary / Vanilla Townie etc
Don't @ me.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by vonflare »

Parody Threads in Serious Subforums. I think we need to stop doing this. I feel like it is going to have an impact on the newbie player base who will be coming here and looking at these threads to help them become better at the game. Facilitating discussion on controversial topics is one thing, and I am not a paragon of good play by any means in fact the opposite, but blatantly parodying threads with thick sarcasm is not the way to go about growing the competent playerbase. So can we not do it. Parody the thread in the speakeasy, its been done before (such as when The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table) so use it. Thats kinda what the speakeasy is for in part.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Esp has a good point here.
Last edited by Flubbernugget on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Frankly I'm surprised that it hasn't been getting moderated. It really has no place in MD.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”