Your overrated games and underrated games by other players..

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Your overrated games and underrated games by other players..

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Vampirate »

Hi all.

Tell me the games where you've been praised but you've really did jack all in those games and other games where you felt you didn't get enough credit for what you did.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 0, Vampirate wrote:Tell me the games where you
felt you didn't get enough credit for what you did
bitch and moan about how awesome you were and how much others should worship your skills for what they are.
What this thread will undoubtedly exclusively be about. :shifty:
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

I try things. Sometimes they even work. I try not to make myself out as a mafia god for it.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In every game that I'm not in the winning side owes it to my psychic powers.
FLASH OF GREEN
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Creature »

Some players blame me for not pushing my reads.
Sigh
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I am a very underrated player.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think either has happened yet, but I do sometimes get off easy. A couple examples are Minis 1870 and 1910, where I ghosted the whole game and failed spectacularly at scumhunting, respectively.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:19 am

Post by Creature »

Sometimes I question how some players end getting nominated for scummie awards (specially Paragon) over a single game.
Sigh
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 5, Cheetory6 wrote:I am a very underrated player.
I agree.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Whenever I see a lot oof praise for a player, I'm always like ehh they seem overrated to me. But then usually when I play with them, I'm like OOOOOh I see it
2023 W/L | 1-0
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 7, Creature wrote:Sometimes I question how some players end getting nominated for scummie awards (specially Paragon) over a single game.
I HAVE 2.5 NOW OKAY.
FLASH OF GREEN
Nautical Nonsense
Nautical Nonsense
Townie
Nautical Nonsense
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Nautical Nonsense »

In post 10, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 7, Creature wrote:Sometimes I question how some players end getting nominated for scummie awards (specially Paragon) over a single game.
I HAVE 2.5 NOW OKAY.
he meant a single good game
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

and i meant 2.5 dece ones. :P
FLASH OF GREEN
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

At one time I had a win record of close to 90% as scum and 50% as town. I chalk it up to me showing my ass and the meta (at least at the time) seemed to be to not lynch people who were showing their ass. I am embarrassed no matter how well things turned out because nowadays I think I was probably worth a policy lynch for the sake of site meta.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I think my contribution in potus was understated, and my contribution in oldie was overstated.
Don't @ me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don’t think u are even rated
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 13, Ectomancer wrote:At one time I had a win record of close to 90% as scum and 50% as town. I chalk it up to me showing my ass and the meta (at least at the time) seemed to be to not lynch people who were showing their ass. I am embarrassed no matter how well things turned out because nowadays I think I was probably worth a policy lynch for the sake of site meta.
You know that I just realized that those numbers say that I had no effect on the game as town, but I led the charge as scum. I am still embarrassed. If someone else read those numbers and thought the same thing and are thinking that it sounds like a great strategy, don't you do it! I will lynch you! Don't make me show my ass on you! :lol:

Besides, if you think that showing your ass alone would get you that win percentage then you would fall on your face. You would need to also magically find a world class mafia strategerizing brain to go along with it. /hairflip

Lucky for me that was my scum partner in at least 80% of those games that I played.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Egg »

Overrated:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60825

I was SK. Killed half the scum team first two nights and pushed lynches on the other half. The game was at 12:1:1 and then 9:1. I rode town cred to 3p LYLO just to choke and eat a Lynch. Post game, everyone talked about how well I played and a bunch of that playerlist was scared of my scum game in future games. But to me it will always be proof that pisskop and dragonspawn are better late game players than I am.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Underrated:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=63148

I absolutely wrecked this game but never got recognition probably because it was just a random micro lacking well known players.
I'm pretty convinced he's scum.
Said that on page two. Fully meant it. Got him lynched Day 1. Was right.

Also had a big post but you can't quote from locked threads but check out post 372. It was where I grabbed the game by the balls and said here's how we are going to win this game and you guys need to treat me AND my top town read as confirmed town. That's exactly what happened and I feel that my Day 1 play and post 372 are why town won that game.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also underrated...

Harry Potter large theme.

We had Dumbledore provided as a fakeclaim so I came up with a JOAT claim for it, bussed the hell out of ReaperCharlie, told him to take that claim, and rode his fakeclaim and my town cred for the way I pushed him to victory. Post game discussion would lead you to believe ReaperCharlie won the game for us but if you read our QT, I was clearly leading our team behind the scenes and I feel this was one of my best scum games ever.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Egg »

Yep.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=59777
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

FYI click the PM button on a locked thread it’ll basically quote it to om format, then you can copy it where you want. See

Spoiler:
Subject: Micro 521: Desperation (Game Over)
Kmd4390 wrote:Ok. I want to make a couple of things clear because PoE is going to be our path to victory.

1. I don't think anyone doubts I'm town

I don't usually toot my own horn but I need to now in order for us to have the best chance to win. And I'm not just talking about how town I am either. My experience doesn't even come close to being matched by anyone alive in this game right now. I've been playing actively since a little before my join date on site, off site, and with alts. The biggest break I've taken is maybe a month. I've probably played about 300 games. Go to the member list and sort by total posts. You'll find me on the first page and that's without my alts or offsite games.

Now why am I going on about this? Well, sometimes you luck into a scum lynch. Caught for the wrong reasons, you know? You make bad points but get lucky and the guy is scum anyway. I want to make it perfectly clear that's not what happened with KT. And bear with me, I'm going somewhere with this. KT is first time scum, and no offense if he's still reading, but he didn't play well and was easy for someone with my ability and experience to catch. Here is where I caught him all the way back on Page 2:
Kmd wrote: Unvote, Vote KT for an overreaction to a joke vote and opportunistic Alpha vote. I'm pretty convinced he's scum.
I want to note two things here.
1) how sure I am. I said "pretty convinced" and even on Page 2 I meant it. I've caught scum that early multiple times over the past 7+ years so it's nothing new and frankly no surprise with someone who has never been scum before. (And of course he said he's played elsewhere but mafiascum is clearly different from wherever else he played or he wouldn't have been so obvious)
2) why did I catch him? The overreaction wasn't the important part and I may have even come close to retracting that. It was the Alpha vote. Remember KT was new. Think back to your first game. This is especially helpful if you were newbscum once. You come in thinking "i hope I'm not lynched first. Anyone who is town. Just not me" and if you aren't familiar with the neccessity of RVS as he showed, you are also in serious mode from the word go. So he saw votes on Alpha and hopped on. This is important, but I'll get there.

I don't think I need to pull all of the quotes, but it should be quite clear I wanted KT dead for ALL of Day 1. I advocated for Tier to shoot him. My vote never left him. And at least one person is sitting here thinking "what if you were bussing, KMD? Then what? Why should we trust you?". Let me tell you why. This is an open setup with 2 scum members and we still had a living tracker. Once Tier claimed desperado, it also meant a killing role suspected me of being scum. Bussing on Day 1 would have been suicide. Realize I couldn't have predicted that we'd lose our tracker on Day 1. But scum is in absolutely terrible shape even without our power roles alive and it's all thanks to a Day 1 scum lynch. Can you imagine if we still had our tracker? He'd be confirmed town because scum can't counter without being lynched today or tomorrow and if he didn't catch scum N1, he'd have cleared someone. That gives town 66% to win which is what I'm trying to achieve with this post anyway. Scum absolutely have to survive Day 1 to cruise to victory in this setup.

So let me get to our other clear:
2. Alpha is absolutely NOT scum and anyone who says otherwise should just vote me first

I will put my neck on the line for this slot and not because of their play. Remember how I caught KT? He had blood coming out of his eyes and wherever. He wanted a town lynch and didn't care who, why, or how early. That's why he placed Alpha and eventually Temp at L-1 so early in the game with little to no reasoning. He was after a mislynch. Alpha was that mislynch. Temp flipped town. Alpha is town. If you disagree, put yourself in the mindset of KT as newb scum, seeing what kind of player he was, and tell me why he places that vote on a scumbuddy at that time. He wouldn't. And he didn't. I'd stake my entire reputation on it. He wanted a mislynch and that makes Alpha town.

3.Current gamestate probably has Mario being lynched either today or tomorrow

Mario, if you are town I'm sorry but that's where we are right now. If I can effectively clear you from my own viewpoint, it won't matter. There are people who want you lynched and won't listen to anything else. This is ok because we have two chances. If I do townread you after my analysis I'll do everything in my power, but you'll probably be lynched anyway.

4. That leaves Edos and Variann

I want to decide which of them can be shelved for now because only one scum remains so at least one of them is town. If I can confidently pick one of these two, we've done what I wanted to do which is win by PoE. We have two lynches left and that's probably Mario and one of these two. So our best chance to win is to sort these two slots while I'm still alive (yes, I fully expect to be the NK tonight if we mislynch). Our best bet would obviously be to end the game and lynch scum and if i decide Mario is scum, I'm perfectly fine with lynching him today. But I'd absolutely love to get Edos or Variann to "never lynch" town status first because then the game is all ours.

Unfortunately, I have a busy weekend ahead of me but that's where I am right now. I plan to do a full ISO of Edos, Variann, and then Mario before making any decisions. If you guys can accept that Alpha and myself are town, we are golden.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by nancy »

I think I lynched a mafia once. Does that count?

I agree that Cheetory6 is very underrated.

Gorkington, on the other hand, is probably the most overrated player of all time.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Katyusha »

i almost never roll scum fsr, but all of my scumgames on my main here are absolutely awful but i dont feel any of them are representative of my scumplay LMAO

i had one good scum game but it was also offsite.

im going to act like that counts?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”