How to make Advanced, Pretty Opening Posts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

How to make Advanced, Pretty Opening Posts

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Alisae »

Okay so
anyone can have a modpost that is efficent and does the job well. Since their main job is to mostly inform the player about the game. However, as a new years present to the site, I am going to introduce how to make them pretty with a bunch of cool stuff. Most Opening posts are very basic, and that is completely fine since it does their job. But there are several ways to make your modposts extremely pretty outside of just slapping on an image and some basic BBCode. Keep in mind if you make your opening posts this way, you won't NEED an image or anything, the modposts should just stand out on their own for example, this opening post (that ANYONE can use btw, however you'll have to make your other modposts and/or expand it). Like this is not what modding is about, modding is about creating a fun game for your players. This is just if you want to spend some extra time on your posts, here you go.
Command Prompt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Game Name Here⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Modded by Alisae. Co/backup Modded by X. Reviewed by X.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist>view contents⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist>Append C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist/aliveplayers⠀⠀⠀⠀       ⠀    ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist/aliveplayers>view contents⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist>Append C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist/deadplayers⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
C:/users/mafiascum/queuename/gamename/playerlist/deadplayers>view contents⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀      ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Coming up with a theme

This wil be something you base all of your modposts around. For the example above, we're basing it off of a Command Prompt (Granted if you want to use the one above, you're going to have to edit it and space it out a bit. You should do this carefully because this will be what your modposts are centered around. This will be important because if you attempt to do this, but splash around a bunch of random designs, the result will be "I have 3 pretty modposts but they don't relate to each other in any way." It'll look random and as such, it'll look bad. If you want to see this done more, I suggest looking into some fancy steam profiles, since steam profile customization is essentially what inspired me to even look into this. What we'll mostly be doing is looking at the info box part of steam profiles and learn how that's customized. :]

Spacing

This is mostly how we're able to make an opening post like above. And it's actually really simple. DO NOT use the spacebar, because it will not show up in the final product. Instead use these.
Space Character

Code: Select all

One Pixel Space Character

Code: Select all

Once you've copied one of the characters you can paste it behind your text to center and space it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  Like this!

Symbols

Now you know how to space them out, but to stylize them you need special symbols. These are especially important for creating text boxes. Here are some common ones. In addition, you can also use this site to
  • · ¨ … ¦ ┅ ┆ ┈ ┊ ╱ ╲ ╳ ¯ – —
  • ◠ ◡ ╭ ╮ ╯ ╰
  • ≡ ჻ ░ ▒ ▓ ▤ ▥ ▦ ▧ ▨ ▩ █ ▌ ▐ ▀ ▄
  • │ ┤ ╡ ╢ ╖ ╕ ╣ ║ ╝ ╜ ╛ ┐ └ ┴ ┬ ├ ─ ┼ ╞ ╟ ╚ ╔ ╩ ╦ ╠ ═ ╬ ╧ ╨ ╤ ╥ ╙ ╘ ╒ ╓ ╫ ╪ ┘ ┌
  • ✓ ✔ ☑ ☒ ☓ ✕ ✖ ✗ ✘ ✦ ★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯
  • ◆◇ ◣◢◥▲ ▼△▽⊿◤ ◥ ▰ ▱
  • ♫ ♬♪♩ ♭ ♪
Here is an example of what you can do with this.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  ╭––––––––––––––––––––––╮
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀         Text Here
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  ╰––––––––––––––––––––––╯  
    
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ╱╳╲

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀┌───────────────────┐
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀          Text Here        
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└───────────────────┘

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀      ________________________________
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀Windows⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀             [-][口][×]⠀ |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄  |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀Windows has detected a virus on your computer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀Terminate Virus?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀         |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀______⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀______⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀    |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|Yes⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|No⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀    |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Also, using fake bullet points like • is required because
  • code may not work the way you want it to work for something like this.

Your Mod Color

This is important because you need to chose a mod color that goes well with your theme. For a theme I am currently working on,
    w
    h
    a
    t
    e
    v
    e
    r
    y
    o
    u
    c
    a
    l
    l
    t
    h
    i
    s
    is my mod color. If you wanted to use the Command Prompt OP, I suggest using a
    White behind spoiler code with the Courier New font
    . Your modcolor is thing that individualizes you from other mods if you use something that is completely different then what anyone else uses (for example, my rainbow behind spoiler code). You can use This website (or whatever Plotinus uses (who uses a lot of cool colors) for your mod color. Just note that what I linked doesn't exactly save your presets. Remember you can also use the
    code to make most modcolors stand out and work for you.

Mobile Devices and you (and maybe some other cons). Atleast from my own experience on testing this out.

And this is probably the biggest con as to why you shouldn't do this. BUT THERE ARE SOLUTIONS. So bare with me. Sometimes what could easily end up happening is you finish your post, and then you go "oh shit, I forgot mobile was a thing." So you the proceed to rush to your mobile device to see how it looks on there and it turns out its complete garbage. So you don't know what to do. Fortunately, I have a solution for you: codes. Using these will for the most part, reformat your post completely so most of the formatting is retained on mobile devices. However, this doesn't solve the solution completely. Two things I experienced are A. Mobile screens being small in of itself just not making the formatting work. And while you cannot do anything about this, what is important is that your playerlist, rules, events, and flips are all readable. If they are readable, this isn't a problem. B. Table code just straight up cutting off the text. I as of recently cannot find a solution for this, but I just know that A is more likely to happen then B is just by the more simpler it is by design. It should be noted that another con is not being able to user
    Spoiler:
    code for flips, however if you believe this is a sacrifice worth making, then go fucking wild. And if you manage to make it work WITH your theme, then go you.

Concluding information and examples.

And thats it! Remember there isn't one way to do this, and that completely basic mod posts are perfectly fine. The importance of mod posts is that they are clear and tell the player all of the information they need from who's in the game to flips to the rules to events. I'll post some screenshots of what I'm working on though :]
    Opening Post
    Rules Post
    Events Post
    Remember to have fun and if people are going to go through the trouble to make their own, I can't wait to see what people come up with.
    And happy new year :]
    and
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Nexus »

Opening.
Trans rights are human rights.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Alisae »

I don't know what you're talking about Nexus ;)
GTKAS
| here.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by Katyusha »

These don’t look good on mobile so far still :/

Why not center with align tags which center text on any platform...?

Like the concept is good and I want to support it but it’s not good web design
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

Because those will only get you so far.
GTKAS
| here.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Katyusha »

╭––––––––––––––––––––––╮

ali ur wrong xd

this is centered whether

im on desktop or mobile

╰––––––––––––––––––––––╯

tbh i think new BBC tags that allow for better customization of divs would be a better idea since area tags are kind of limiting but im not really sure how that would be implemented correctly

the ASCII aesthetic is cool tho too but it requires courier to be used if you want it spaced correctly on every device
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

Huh guess I'm wrong.
GTKAS
| here.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by zakk »

Just use an image. It'll scale for everyone. /thread
permanently retired

see here for more info
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Katyusha »

they might not load

Sometimes tables and images get cut off on mobile
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm rather fond of creative usage of multiple tags--namely, area, area=, mech, mech=, with spoiler= tags applied as needed, lists applied as needed for bullet points and listing players (because list=1 creates numbered lists), and the like. With some centering here and there and also knowing when
not
to center, plus an occasional line break for division, I like to think it's a bit creative without being a bit crazy, as it were.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

I only saw this on mobile and didn't realize it was actually supposed to look like something lol
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Would ASCII art be a good idea
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

holy shit i know what i'll be doing for the rest of the school year