Geriatric Ruleset Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 172, Ranmaru wrote:How do I post less and cope with that?
I think there was only once I went over my daily post limit but most of my posts were engaging someone in a conversation, so I could've fallen into the trap of going over my post limit more than I had. I think it helps that everyone else has the same posting limit as you do, so the conversation has its own ebb and flow.

Pedit - Korts has a good method. Alternatively, you could try to limit yourself to no more than dedicating 15 minutes to an interaction.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ah alright, good point Ghost. Thank you for responding. Maybe we'll play together sometime. :)
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 4:47 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 173, Korts wrote:I think you need to set posting guidelines for yourself, and try to stick to them.

Like, you can engage and respond to immediate issues, but no more than 5 posts back and forth. That way you'll still have half your daily allowance left.

Limit quotes to 2 or 3 max per post. If you need to refer to more, use links instead.

Limit the number of paragraphs per post to 5-6. Limit the number of lines per paragraph to 5-6. Use section headers do delineate different kinds of content.

Assuming you don't mind typing out BBCode all the time, you can also use breaks, horizonal lines, expandable spoilers, ordered and unordered lists, and anything else that can visually organize your thoughts.

Those are my general guidelines for myself, at least.
Personally, when I feel my walls are getting too big, I will quote only the posts I feel I have to break down into smaller points, use the post tag for posts I'm replying to as a whole, and spoiler any quotes that don't require a response or have already received a response but I feel still need to be included somewhere.
WIP
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 23, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 476, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 475, xRECKONERx wrote:778 was more a case of bad modding killing game momentum
Solution
: have non-geriatric players mod geriatric games
Discuss.

Should non-Geriatric players mod Geriatric games?
while I am interested in geriatric, I am also currently able to keep an eye on-site for nearly ALL of my waking hours daily, with the exception of 1 or 2, so I would make a decent geriatric mod I think. And I'd be interested. Someone else would have to design the setup because I suck at that shit, and apparently suck at picking setups people find interesting as seen by my open queue game, but I would definitely mod a geriatric
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”