MafiaWiki Overhaul Team

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

MafiaWiki Overhaul Team

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by T-Bone »

We are putting together a team to help revitalize and update the Mafiascum Wiki. This is part of a larger strategy the Mafiascum Moderator team are undertaking to improve the site. The Mafiascum Wiki is a massive feature on our site, but we haven't had a dedicated team empowered to keep it up to date. As a result, many pages are out-dated or just plain missing to accurately reflect today's MafiaScum. We have specific goals we want to accomplish. This list of goals isn't exhaustive, as there may be other things members of the team would like to tackle.

Goals in no particular order...
- Standardizing roles, role PMs, and role pages so that they all look the same, and use the same terminology and adhere to normal guidelines (where applicable)
- Update the front page to accurately reflect the needs of MafiaScum
- Optimize the wiki and pages for search rankings (SEO)
- Integrate both the forum and social media to wiki pages

As such, we need a wide variety of skillsets in order to accomplish our goals.

Skills in no particular order...
- Writing
- Wiki-specific editing skills
- Experience with SEO and/or social media
- Knowledge of the current state of mafiascum
- Able to follow through on responsibilities
- Other relevant skills I haven't thought of

It is not necessary to possess all these skills. Despite leading this team, I do not possess wiki-specific editing skills or experience with SEO.

Members of the team will be given access to a private forum in which to collaborate.

Anyone who wishes to apply to the team should PM me (T-Bone) telling me both why you want to join the team and the relevant skills you have to help. My only request is that any applicant and team member agree to adhere to the vision the Mod Team lays out for the overhaul. As in, we need to hit our goals first before we add new projects. If this sounds like you, please send me a PM.

In the event I am flooded with a million (or so) applicants, I may be forced to pick and choose to keep the team at a manageable level. Please do not be discouraged if this happens, I'm sure you are all wonderful people.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Mafia Discussion”