Changes to Normal Games (update September 2022)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #506 (isolation #0) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Isis »

I still want millers gone because I don't want to join a normal game and participate in Day 1 modwifom, but that might be the same thing that finds me in open queue more often compared to normal queue anyway so I'm not the right person to poll etc
It sounds like Alignment Cop would function like a "miller miller" wrapping around to the next level of D! modwifom, do you investigate the miller claim N1? Or do you not investigate the setup's only miller claim and waste such power because that seems to indicate it's a trueclaim in a game of this size? What if there are two miller claims?
People who like this stuff should want that, people who mistakenly see it as a healthy way to "balance" cops should look use it as argument ad absurdum to try come around to my view. Maybe. Please. (From what I know of TL I think he's probably very likely the first group.)

Without millers I'm having trouble seeing what you're getting from it, since a guilty from any scumteam is still "we should lynch that". It could possibly create more gamestates with a deliberately permitted-to-live SK but I think those gamestates are generally regarded as less fun than the alternative.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #513 (isolation #1) » Sat May 23, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by Isis »

Town Complex Doctor
Town Impersonal PT Cop
5 VT
1 Mafia Tracker
1 Mafia Fruit Vendor
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #519 (isolation #2) » Wed May 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Isis »

Fruit Customer
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #522 (isolation #3) » Sat May 30, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Isis »

Normal queue role names convey what the role actually does in a way that minimizes flavor and aesthetics and maximizes understanding. Even to the point of roles having names like rolecop and pt cop. Tagger is more aesthetically pleasing but Fruit Customer borrows terminology from a similar role to grant understanding, similar to babysitter/hider.
I don't think redirection is allowed in normal queue right now but if that was a factor at play it'd be preferable not put the target's name in the result PM if detecting redirection isn't the point of the role.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #524 (isolation #4) » Sat May 30, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Isis »

It's not investigative though. You're not learning anything about the person you targeted at all.
If you put conspiracy theorist or FBI or whatever alien investigative is called into normal games but didn't actually add aliens I guess it would be identical to this role. But to categorize it as an investigative occurrence you should at least get some meaningless information.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #602 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Isis »

Gunsmiths are clearly intended to be a special kind of flavor cop.

Gunsmith gets different results on Follower vs. Rolecop even though those roles are highly similar.
It's not a mechanics based role, it fails on serial killers not for balance reasons but because of the flavor of knife murders.

I changed the wiki this seems like a very clear oversight from PT cop being the most recently created cop and being newer than gunsmith.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #607 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Isis »

p sure that's right
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”