modding limits for open and mini games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

modding limits for open and mini games

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

something I noticed recently was the fact that moderators aren't allowed to moderate an open game and a mini game of any sort at the same time, and that seems very strange to me; while I can understand not wanting inexperienced mods to get in over their heads trying to moderate multiple games at the same time we already have rules in place preventing that, and I don't understand why this arbitrary limitation is in place for only these two categories. there's nothing explicitly preventing me, for instance, from moderating a complex large theme game at the same time as another complex mini theme, but if I want to run a mostly vanilla open game and a mini theme at the same time, I apparently can't do that no matter my level of experience. the weirdest part of this is that open games seem to count as minis for the purposes of this system regardless of how many players they actually have.

is there some nuance here that I'm missing? does anyone agree with me that this system is strange and might be worth revising?

the requirements I'm referring to can all be found here, btw: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... quirements
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I recently ran into that as well since I currently am modding an open and might be interested in running a mini theme at the same time. At the very least, I'm not really sure when I can put my mini theme into the queue.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

If I had to guess it’s because both of those queues used to be really long and they didn’t want to have tons of games in queue.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”