Can this ever work in town's favor?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 20, mastina wrote:
In post 19, shortaru wrote:Would that be good town utility?
The idea has potential. Newbies are a bit tricky on strategies and whether they work tho.
Imho no.

Because either the game is so small that this wifom will be broken immediately OR
The game is big enough to where scum will have their own invests.

The only place I could see this work is cop sanity game or cops and docs that only work on a given night.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Mulch »

This is called hypoclaiming/hyperclaiming and is used a lot on other sites, primarily with open setups (often involving a cop). I'm a big proponent of this for those specific setups, but, in general, it's not advantageous to do this in closed ones. That's because the wolfteam can gain too much of an an advantage/information by looking at who is doing unrealistic targets/obviously fake claims/looking at the specifics of the claims AND because the only time it's really useful is with a cop-like role anyway (like, you get only marginal benefit from learning that a bodyguard targeted Mastina n2).
Amrock#3784
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3, BuJaber wrote:Trust Mastina to answer something like this!

Good answer.

What about PRs that are on specific nights. Wouldn't you gain some advantage? Say you are n3 vig. Day 1 and day 2 scum as you said will probably figure out you aren't anything but then n3 pow you vug them.
Specific night powers are too rare though.

Okay thank you this was short and sweet.
This approach is common in diffusion of power and usually works well for town but I have beat it as scum. It was very very hard and required an elaborate bus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”