BooneyToonz Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

4/24/19 UpdateAdding
Split
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows combined roles to be split into two separate actions per night, rather than the same target, and is also Compulsive, so they must have multiple actions if they can.

Adding
Recharged
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows blocked actions to be refunded to the user.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Mutations
section added to go over different mutations of roles that aren’t quite ready to be there own role.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:37 am

Post by davesaz »

Things are going into role book straight away vs. being tested as boon bank roles first?
Don't necessarily object, just curious.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Boon Bank suggestions:

Archaeologist:
Each night, you will passively target each player who dies that night. You will get a complete list of all actions they took that night and all previous nights, and who was targeted by that action. (This is very strong but can be nerfed several way: limited-shot active ability, allowing them to see only actions taken in the same night, forcing them to target a player who died in a previous night instead of auto-targeting.)

Neighborizing Servant:
Each day, you may target a player. You will gain a neighborhood with that player for the next night only in which your role (but not alignment) will be revealed. Your target can choose what action, if any, you take that night. (Optional and recommended if the servant has a vig shot: if you die your target that night is publicly revealed)

Disabler:
Any action targeting you at night cannot be used the next night-- players are informed of this as soon as it occurs (but the Disabler is never informed). Can affect the factional kill. (Optional: make this a targeted active ability instead)

If any of these with any of the variants strike your fancy, go ahead and add them. These are my own homebrew roles that I'm the most proud of. (I've run them all and they were great.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 52, davesaz wrote:Things are going into role book straight away vs. being tested as boon bank roles first?
Don't necessarily object, just curious.
Yeah, Split and Recharged probably should have been tested as Variants first, but some of the other roles I used a lot in Face 2 Face, so I saw them as decently normal and expected, and I was trying to differentiate from the old Normal Queue.

But you are right! They should be used as mutations or Variants. I would say Split/Recharged are mutations, though.

I wanted the Role Book a little more filled up, and now I think it’s solid.

Now let’s really start the BooneyToonz.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Lovers/Suicide Bomber for instance are used in a lot of Open Setups well for F2F, which is why I gave them the option of being there. They should normally be considered pretty out there, and if you aren’t me, I imagine you’d use them less bastard.

@SS - Ooooo, yeah, I’m going to add Archaeologist and Disabler to the Boon Bank.

This will replace Cleric, as Cleric’s a bit to niche, I feel, and someone can just use that as a Variant if they would like to use it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am

Also I would recommend making PGO contraboon'd. I feel like PGO is something that is almost never a good idea.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 56, Something_Smart wrote:Also I would recommend making PGO contraboon'd. I feel like PGO is something that is almost never a good idea.
I’ve actually been thinking this too, tbh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 am

Also I'm starting work on BooneyToonz XII, aka the first BooneyToonz setup that Boon himself will be able to play in! \o/

Because of that, I'm going to need a reviewer that isn't Boon :P I posted a request in the review thread; if anyone's interested, help would be much appreciated!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:50 am

Also, based on , you should really just add Cleric to the RoleBook because it can technically be built from already allowed roles and modifiers, but it makes a lot more sense and is easier to understand if it has a unique name.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I like that. You’re right, it technically is a role already, and it’s so specific that it’s fine. I’ll add the definition in the Mutations section, which I’ll be updating when I have time. It’s all stuff that’s already acceptable, but things like the different traitor mechanics explained, or like what happened with Desperate in Slums.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 58, Something_Smart wrote:Also I'm starting work on BooneyToonz XII, aka the first BooneyToonz setup that Boon himself will be able to play in! \o/

Because of that, I'm going to need a reviewer that isn't Boon :P I posted a request in the review thread; if anyone's interested, help would be much appreciated!
Blessed!

I believe UnaBombah is also setting one up. He gets XIII. ;)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Thoughts on starting to abbreviate BooneyToonz in game titles as BTNZ to allow for more room and less filler looking titles? Obviously the title in the beginning is necessary, and I don’t hate spelling it all out, but as more and more come into existence, the numbers are making the titles longer, haha.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:10 pm

I think just BT would be better, when people have been referring to BooneyToonz games they've usually been saying stuff like BTX or BTE. (At least I have anyway.) That said I don't think the size of the Roman numerals is a big concern and I like the requirement that titles be pithy (3-5 words tops). I will say I already have a title for mine that I like and I'm not worried about length at all :P
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Fair. You’re right...I’ve even been calling it BTX...LOL, I’m silly.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

Servant can just be a modifier tbh
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 65, Alisae wrote:Servant can just be a modifier tbh
Haha, I’ll put some time into thinking of potential cool ways to add Servant as a modifier to some other roles.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

Whitelist reflexive :P
This is a Parachute.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 67, Jingle wrote:Whitelist reflexive :P
Yeah, that definitely should be whitelisted already...

I’m trying to avoid adding more stuff without going through Boon Bank or polling, but Reflexive is really just an oversight.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, I think it’s time for another Team Mafia like event. I might try and see if there’s a playerbase for it, and I’m willing to spearhead if need be.

If that’s not an option, I debated doing my own kind of event with a series of just BooneyToonz games, like 3 separate simultaneous games, with a team, obviously. 3 different types of BooneyToonz games. I’d take a step back from playing and focus on Modding if need be.

Hell, if I need to, I’ll mod like 3 or 4 games simultaneously, one on each account. :lol:

Any thoughts?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm up for helping the modding end of things, but I'm probably gonna be less active as a player for 3-4 months.

TM specifically I'd caution as a LOT of prep work. To pull it off well, I'd say start planning it now for the end of the year or early next year, tbh. There were a lot of issues last time, and quite a few of them arose from a bit of a rush on the organizational end of things as we tried to get the games ready and launched in time.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Careful, because now you've said you'll blacklist PGO and whitelist Reflexive, and that's a bit of a contradiction. I would whitelist Reflexive on the condition that it can't be a killing ability.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 70, Jingle wrote:I'm up for helping the modding end of things, but I'm probably gonna be less active as a player for 3-4 months.

TM specifically I'd caution as a LOT of prep work. To pull it off well, I'd say start planning it now for the end of the year or early next year, tbh. There were a lot of issues last time, and quite a few of them arose from a bit of a rush on the organizational end of things as we tried to get the games ready and launched in time.
Yeah, that’s what I figured, which is why I wanted to start some prep now.

Regardless, I could do that BooneyToonz event on a smaller scale to prep.

But yeah, I personally would like another Team Mafia to happen, even if I’m not a player, so I’ll look into setting that up for late this year, early next year.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 71, Something_Smart wrote:Careful, because now you've said you'll blacklist PGO and whitelist Reflexive, and that's a bit of a contradiction. I would whitelist Reflexive on the condition that it can't be a killing ability.
Damn. Yeah. I don’t like PGO WIFOM. I don’t think anyone does. It almost screwed me over hardcore in Overkill 2.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Wouldn't hurt to ask around and get a list of capable mods, check in and inquire on their availability, Boon. There wasn't a Team Mafia this year so it's basically open for anyone that wants to woo Zoraster. Anyone putting it together would have to haul ass to get one going before summer, and after summer we're going to lose people that are in school, and the holidays are always dead time. I doubt that anyone in specific is aiming to start one at the beginning of next year, but I'd be surprised if we go two years dry after the interest in 2018.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”