Time to End the Blacklist Insanity!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:18 am

There are some people onsite - despite it in no way being approved in the rules, who are apparently under the lol misconception that they are some how above everyone else, entitled and have the God given right to intimidate, bully and iow, aggressively dictate what games, which players can play. Now, if you are an actual game mod. this is of course fine. As a game mod, you do have the right to choose who you allow into your games but you have NO GODDAMNED RIGHT to harass, bully, or otherwise intimidate any players from joining any games, you don’t mod. If I was in charge of this site, I would defacto temp ban, any person who either attempted or threatened to attempt to employ, this gross and unfairly manipulative tactic on any other player - for the sole express purpose of violating their right, to participate in any game of their choosing.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am

so who is blacklisting you?
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 am

In post 1, Firebringer wrote:so who is blacklisting you?


No one because blacklists are a delusion and as a rational, sane individual, I don’t believe in things that don’t actually exist but SOME people do share this delusion - to their detriment and allow themselves to be bullied, harassed and intimidated from joining games on this site and this thread is for them.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 am

I mean I get your frustration with them because they are annoying but the thing you should recognize is that you are being excluded from games that you don't want to be in to begin with.
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 am

like look at it from this perspective if you are joining a game run by a mod who is enforcing a bad blacklist.
1) they have poor judgement.
2) the person you will be playing with is not someone you want to really play with.

you are winning out by being rejected by a bad mod and not playing with a unpleasant person.

and if you have a legitimate blacklist (rare) and the mod doesn't enforce, you should leave because you don't want to be playing with the person to begin with or the mod doesn't care about your enjoyment and can't see a time bomb potential unless you point it out and if they ignore then again poor judgement.

Like I have been on every side of the blacklist portion. I think more on the receiving end for a long time, but yeah. The best attitude with it is realization that some games are not worth playing and some mods/players are not ones who you want to be in their games anyway.
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 am

In post 3, Firebringer wrote:I mean I get your frustration with them because they are annoying but the thing you should recognize is that you are being excluded from games that you don't want to be in to begin with.


I am not being excluded from anything, precisely because I don’t subscribe to a rogue practice, that isn’t endorsed according to site rules.

My point was differentiating between a mod blacklisting a player, which actually IS allowed and players trying to stop other players, from joining games, they DON’T mod.

There aren’t any game mods to my knowledge, who have blacklisted me, the ONLY blacklist that is actually recognized as valid on this site. The other kind is about as real as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy but some unfortunate individuals are unfairly gaslighted and manipulated into thinking it’s real, when it isn’t. That’s my whole point. Hence, the “insanity” portion of the title.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 am

In post 4, Firebringer wrote:like look at it from this perspective if you are joining a game run by a mod who is enforcing a bad blacklist.
1) they have poor judgement.
2) the person you will be playing with is not someone you want to really play with.

you are winning out by being rejected by a bad mod and not playing with a unpleasant person.

and if you have a legitimate blacklist (rare) and the mod doesn't enforce, you should leave because you don't want to be playing with the person to begin with or the mod doesn't care about your enjoyment and can't see a time bomb potential unless you point it out and if they ignore then again poor judgement.

Like I have been on every side of the blacklist portion. I think more on the receiving end for a long time, but yeah. The best attitude with it is realization that some games are not worth playing and some mods/players are not ones who you want to be in their games anyway.


No, no you are misunderstanding the point of this thread. I don’t have any issue whatsoever with game mods. doing this, while I admit to not necessarily being a fan, I’m referring to the other actually non-existent kind.

I think every single player on this site, has the right to join any game of their choosing, so long as the mod has no issue with it. But it is an entirely different matter, for any players to attempt to harass and bully other players, in this manner.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 am

In post 5, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3, Firebringer wrote:I mean I get your frustration with them because they are annoying but the thing you should recognize is that you are being excluded from games that you don't want to be in to begin with.


I am not being excluded from anything, precisely because I don’t subscribe to a rogue practice, that isn’t endorsed according to site rules.

My point was differentiating between a mod blacklisting a player, which actually IS allowed and players trying to stop other players, from joining games, they DON’T mod.

There aren’t any game mods to my knowledge, who have blacklisted me, the only blacklist that is actually recognized as valid on this site. The other kind is about as real as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy but some unfortunate individuals are unfairly gaslighted and manipulated into thinking it’s real, when it isn’t. That’s my whole point. Hence, the “insanity” portion of the title.

I mean it is allowed and a direct extension of the mod discretion.
so you arguing it is some outside force that can't exist is just odd to me.

do you want a rules change that states that players can't tell a mod who they don't want in or out of the game?
cause where is the line there? if they state "i am not telling you who to have in this game but i am not playing with x" is that not pushing the mod to do something?

if multiple people do this same thing is that okay?
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am

P.edit. I don’t allow anyone to stop me from joining any games I wish to play in. But I’m aware that there are those who fall prey to this deceptive and unnaceptable practice, because they might not actually realize that they don’t have to allow their rights to be violated in such a way.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am

Why should I play with people whom I know are going to create an unpleasant experience for me

Why should someone who knows that I am going to create an unpleasant experience for them be forced to play with me
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am

Nancy please for the love of God if someone doesn't want to play with you respect it there are plenty of games
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

In post 7, Firebringer wrote:
In post 5, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3, Firebringer wrote:I mean I get your frustration with them because they are annoying but the thing you should recognize is that you are being excluded from games that you don't want to be in to begin with.


I am not being excluded from anything, precisely because I don’t subscribe to a rogue practice, that isn’t endorsed according to site rules.

My point was differentiating between a mod blacklisting a player, which actually IS allowed and players trying to stop other players, from joining games, they DON’T mod.

There aren’t any game mods to my knowledge, who have blacklisted me, the only blacklist that is actually recognized as valid on this site. The other kind is about as real as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy but some unfortunate individuals are unfairly gaslighted and manipulated into thinking it’s real, when it isn’t. That’s my whole point. Hence, the “insanity” portion of the title.

I mean it is allowed and a direct extension of the mod discretion.
so you arguing it is some outside force that can't exist is just odd to me.

do you want a rules change that states that players can't tell a mod who they don't want in or out of the game?
cause where is the line there? if they state "i am not telling you who to have in this game but i am not playing with x" is that not pushing the mod to do something?

if multiple people do this same thing is that okay?


I obviously don’t think that’s cool but I’m more referring to some players telling other players, that they are bannned from signing up for games, that they are in and they actually lack the awareness of how gross and ethically unpalatable that is, so they aggressively either threaten or attempt to guilttrip other players from participating in games they very much would love to be a part of.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 am

If I want someone to stay the fuck away from me that should be respected
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 am

Like you were a part of the mathblade joining my game secretly fiasco even though I know that I can't stand playing with him

It created a worse game experience for myself and all the other players

Sure we can make it through mod's responsibility but I don't think game mods generally want to take sides and I think Ari's mistake not intervening is one many game mods would/will make so it should rly be listmod enforced

It isn't right now but
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

I would be willing to intervene and fight all my playerlist.
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

especially u rc, you smell.
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am

It does not make the site better to have people who can't stand each other in the same game soooo
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

In post 12, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I want someone to stay the fuck away from me that should be respected

In post 13, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like you were a part of the mathblade joining my game secretly fiasco even though I know that I can't stand playing with him

It created a worse game experience for myself and all the other players

Sure we can make it through mod's responsibility but I don't think game mods generally want to take sides and I think Ari's mistake not intervening is one many game mods would/will make so it should rly be listmod enforced

It isn't right now but


I don’t have any issue with anyone - of their own volition choosing not to play in any games. I’m specifically referring to players bullying and harassing other members from playing in games, they wish to be a part of. Sure, if this is a MUTUAL decision, that’s obviously fine but when one player seems to think they have the right to actually dictate to another, which games, they’re allowed to participate in, that’s where I see the problem.

I do understand YOUR point here but that is not the reason I made this thread.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

In post 11, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I obviously don’t think that’s cool but I’m more referring to some players telling other players, that they are bannned from signing up for games, that they are in and they actually lack the awareness of how gross and ethically unpalatable that is, so they aggressively either threaten or attempt to guilttrip other players from participating in games they very much would love to be a part of.

yeah that's bad. seen it too often, I don't think I have ever told someone they are banned from my games but have said something to effect of "don't sign up for games with me again" which isn't very charismatic.

but the answer to that is to go, "okay, you do you".

let the mods figure it out.

when someone is being unreasonable the best place to be is the reasonable the one.
they have the problem, you don't. You aren't causing issues or escalating, as soon as you start escalating because someone started with saying you are banned is now when they have ammo to prove a case against you.

Just like when someone calls you scum the best defense isn't "NO I AM NOT AND HOW DARE YOU!", answering a blacklist should be met with "Cool, anything else?"
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:15 am

I have blacklisted and been blacklisted by solid chunks of people over the years and never had issues finding a game.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 am

okay when r u gonna change ur avi, I cant get used to warren
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 am

In post 16, RadiantCowbells wrote:It does not make the site better to have people who can't stand each other in the same game soooo


Any MUTUAL decision is of course fine, as is any player choosing not to play with certain members. I’m specifically referring to the ethically unacceptable IMO practice of some players bullying, manipulating and otherwise harassing or guilttripping other members from playing in games, they wish to play in. We aren’t discussing the same thing at all. Your position is fine but that isn’t at all, what I have an objection too.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am

Ok well if one party has a history of harassing the other then obviously it wouldn't be mutual
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am

In post 18, Firebringer wrote:
In post 11, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I obviously don’t think that’s cool but I’m more referring to some players telling other players, that they are bannned from signing up for games, that they are in and they actually lack the awareness of how gross and ethically unpalatable that is, so they aggressively either threaten or attempt to guilttrip other players from participating in games they very much would love to be a part of.

yeah that's bad. seen it too often, I don't think I have ever told someone they are banned from my games but have said something to effect of "don't sign up for games with me again" which isn't very charismatic.

but the answer to that is to go, "okay, you do you".

let the mods figure it out.

when someone is being unreasonable the best place to be is the reasonable the one.
they have the problem, you don't. You aren't causing issues or escalating, as soon as you start escalating because someone started with saying you are banned is now when they have ammo to prove a case against you.

Just like when someone calls you scum the best defense isn't "NO I AM NOT AND HOW DARE YOU!", answering a blacklist should be met with "Cool, anything else?"


If another player were to have the audacity to tell me, not to join any games they’re playing in. I would as nicely as I can manage it, tell them exactly what they can do with that “request”. :lol:

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:44 am

Ah this is me

Nancy, someone asking you not to replace into their games in the future does not constitute 'harassment, bullying, or manipulation'. I didn't tell you not to sign up for games that I've signed up for - if I see you in the signup list after I've /inned I'll just /out; I'm not trying to limit which games you can play or prevent you from playing games you want to play. All I'm asking is for you not to actively replace into games I'm already in so that I don't have to rep out.

And if you wanted to discuss this it probably should have been done over PM instead of in MD, but whatever. And in a couple of weeks from now but whatever too.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion