New Role Ideas

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BoomBoom
BoomBoom
Townie
BoomBoom
Townie
Townie

New Role Ideas

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:01 am

Post by BoomBoom »

1.) Remorseful Vigilante (
Town
) - A vigilante that gets his nightkill permanently disabled upon killing Town.

2.) Socialite (
Neutral
) - Pm a mod "-visit <playername>" during the day, so that for the upcoming night, a private forum will be created for the two players until the end of the night. Wins by surviving through the end.

3. Psychologist (
Town
) - Target two players to find out if they are the same or different alignment, has a 1 night cooldown.

4. Lawyer (
Neutral
) - Ensure that your randomly designated client to never get lynched until the end to win, you know your client's role and its targets every night, and can converse with your target during the night, if your target dies to a lynch, commit suicide, if your target dies to any other means, then survive through the end to win.

5. Executioner (
Neutral
) - A role from Sc2Mafia that I modified, see to it that a randomly designated target gets lynched. If your target dies of any other means, get another random target as a replacement. Wins by lynching his target, but nonetheless the game will still continue on, with the Executioner leaving the ongoing game for the town, mafia and neutrals to continue the game. A personal win, not game ending.

6. Investigator (
Town
) - Reveal the target's role, has a 2 night cooldown (for role madness games).

7. Gambler (
Neutral
) - Start with 500, 000$, and make a bet of what will happen as a night ability, 1. The Lynch Bet (predict the lynch at the upcoming day), win/lose 250, 000$, 2. The Murder Bet (predict the murders at the end the night), win or lose 100, 000$ for every successful/failed prediction. Can make The Lynch Bet and The Murder Bet at the same time. You win when you reach 1, 000, 000$, exiting the game like the Executioner (see my fifth suggestion). Cannot predict your own murder.

8. Thief (
Neutral
) - Every night, target two players to steal their abilities, granting the thief a one-shot version of their abilities, stealing from a player with limited shots of the ability will decrease the player's shots. the targeted player cannot use its ability on the next night. Survive through the end of the game to win.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

Most of these already exist.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 0, BoomBoom wrote:1.) Remorseful Vigilante (
Town
) - A vigilante that gets his nightkill permanently disabled upon killing Town.
Yeh, remorseful or something can be the modifier where targeting town the first time disables your ability for the rest of the game.
2.) Socialite (
Neutral
) - Pm a mod "-visit <playername>" during the day, so that for the upcoming night, a private forum will be created for the two players until the end of the night. Wins by surviving through the end.
Not a good neutral role.
3. Psychologist (
Town
) - Target two players to find out if they are the same or different alignment, has a 1 night cooldown.
That's almost parity cop.
4. Lawyer (
Neutral
) - Ensure that your randomly designated client to never get lynched until the end to win, you know your client's role and its targets every night, and can converse with your target during the night, if your target dies to a lynch, commit suicide, if your target dies to any other means, then survive through the end to win.
Not an interesting role.
5. Executioner (
Neutral
) - A role from Sc2Mafia that I modified, see to it that a randomly designated target gets lynched. If your target dies of any other means, get another random target as a replacement. Wins by lynching his target, but nonetheless the game will still continue on, with the Executioner leaving the ongoing game for the town, mafia and neutrals to continue the game. A personal win, not game ending.
Yes, that's lyncher but easier to win with.
6. Investigator (
Town
) - Reveal the target's role, has a 2 night cooldown (for role madness games).
Fullcop.
7. Gambler (
Neutral
) - Start with 500, 000$, and make a bet of what will happen as a night ability, 1. The Lynch Bet (predict the lynch at the upcoming day), win/lose 250, 000$, 2. The Murder Bet (predict the murders at the end the night), win or lose 100, 000$ for every successful/failed prediction. Can make The Lynch Bet and The Murder Bet at the same time. You win when you reach 1, 000, 000$, exiting the game like the Executioner (see my fifth suggestion). Cannot predict your own murder.
Too complex of a role at first glance.
8. Thief (
Neutral
) - Every night, target two players to steal their abilities, granting the thief a one-shot version of their abilities, stealing from a player with limited shots of the ability will decrease the player's shots. the targeted player cannot use its ability on the next night. Survive through the end of the game to win.
Yes, I can see that being a role (albeit should make it one target for night). More interesting if not limited to neutrals.
Sigh
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am

Post by BBmolla »

Meta is a bit different here then I think you’re familiar with, would recommend looking at some completed games to get a sense of the setups we use, also check out the wiki
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

The win condition of "Survive through the end of the game to win" is basically a survivor with an added role on top of it, for a new 3p a new wincon would be needed
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”