Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

We have Rising Star for generally good play when it’s a step above in some capacity
Maybe we neeed something for a player who is generally good
Or ya know we could just mom them for both categories
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

gamma, the problem with that is skitter wasn't exactly unknown or not considered a good town player before this year

she improved significantly this year, yes, but that doesn't mean she wasn't already fairly strong before that.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I always felt like rising star was for someone who started in the year that the scummies covers, with some wiggle room on people who joined in the last 6 months of the year.

Like you wouldn't ever consider me for rising star (inb4 no one would do that anyways ahah) if i suddenly upped my game in a short time span. I could see someone coming out of the newbie queue that year and making a mark as someone to watch out for, aka a rising star, in our community and we look to acknowledge them. If someone who has been on site for awhile is playing well i feel like there are other categories that they can be entered under.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 0, Scummies wrote:This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
To be clear: quack
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 577, Formerfish wrote:Like you wouldn't ever consider me for rising star (inb4 no one would do that anyways ahah) if i suddenly upped my game in a short time span.
I mean I nominated Dunnstral whose game was upped in general this year.
GTKAS
| here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Ankamius »

just a note from my POV

but if skitter ends up being more suited for a rising star nomination than a paragon nomination... then what exactly is paragon for?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

its just for NSG and RC. No one else.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by the worst »

I was kinda pondering and I think skitter's scumplay may have improved more than her townplay this year...? but I think her towngame is holistically more impressive. rising star good nom I think!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Paperback Writer
11/25/2019
Dannflor
northsidegal
Open 749 | Vengecop
The flavor in this game enhanced the atmosphere, meshed amazingly with the setup, and was just downright entertaining. Flavor text accompanied every flip, drawing out an epic narrative of cops vs. mafia just as the same actions were played out in game. Each flip felt like the players were affecting and contributing to the ongoing story based on their actions; northsidegal creating fun death scenes and characters for each player. The tense LyLo was capped off with flavor that had a fun, climactic, double-agent twist that brought the narrative so far of cops vs. criminals to a satisfying close. Overall, the flavor here was simple to the point of being easy to read and follow, fit the theme and setup, and was simply entertaining. It added a lot to my personal enjoyment of the game and stands as a solid piece of work on its own.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like you should have to start in the bottom 50% of players to qualify for Rising Star so skitter doesn't qualify
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 584, popsofctown wrote:I feel like you should have to start in the bottom 50% of players to qualify for Rising Star so skitter doesn't qualify
Agreed.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't exactly agree with that, like going from 55 percentile to top 10% is worthy of recognition

I do agree Skitter is not a rising star tho
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 586, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't exactly agree with that, like going from 55 percentile to top 10% is worthy of recognition

I do agree Skitter is not a rising star tho
It wouldn't be set in stone, really any jump from unmemorable or not present at all to impressively strong is worthy of rising star

Skitter is like... known to be a good town player before this year, so she's clearly outside of that criteria
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Menalque »

is anyone already planning on nomming FL for don corleone?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Creature »

Don Calzone?
Sigh
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 588, Menalque wrote:is anyone already planning on nomming FL for don corleone?
I didn't want to vanity nom but I was considering doing it just to talk about FL as DC, because I think it's one of the best noms for DC this year? Either him or RC.

Therefore go ahead I guess about nomming him, I support.

I'll take advantage of this post to also vanity support/suggest some noms because currently I don't think I've the energy/time to do them:

Flavor Leaf as DC

Menalque for Rising Star

RC for Paragon

I think Skitter/Ank are also good paragon noms but I've not seen their games
across all year
that much so I can't really speak about them other than the small samples I've seen. Krazy is also someone that I'm not seeing people considering as paragon nom but should, but the thing about Krazy is that I remember two awesome town games from him but I've not read any other games with town!him on it so...I would need to do some digging.

Maybe and just maybe around christimas/new year I'll have more time and will do some noms. But honestly I think RC this year around has shown some impressive scum-hunting/town-hunting success. Consistently enough across all year being also one important aspect.
Last edited by Volpe14 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 am

I would like to be excluded from contention for DC because I would like to judge the category and I've already won the award.

Also I genuinely don't believe that I deserve it given how much I've phoned in some of my scum games and I was team nommed for the two games that I think I overperformed in anyway.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 591, RadiantCowbells wrote:I would like to be excluded from contention for DC because I would like to judge the category and I've already won the award.
Honestly I actually thought of saying something like "I kind of support FL more because RC has already won DC before and we all know his good performance as scum" but I felt I could end up being disrespectful but there you go I guess...

Then yeah, I support FL as DC more than anyone else probably.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:56 am

I wanted to add two DC nominations, one of which is you, the other I'll hold off on revealing so it's spicy when I do.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 593, RadiantCowbells wrote:I wanted to add two DC nominations, one of which is you, the other I'll hold off on revealing so it's spicy when I do.
Eh I think I don't have enough scum games for a DC nom especially scum wins tbh. I remember someone suggesting Chennis as DC and I remember being curious about it but I don't remember who suggested it.

But hmmm, I'm not sure there's someone that played consistently/effortfully across all the year better as scum than FL, really. Maybe Skitter but I'm lowkey against a second DC nom for her considering she won the past year DC as far as I know.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Even when you lost like the mini normal, only one townie actually correctly scumread you and i think if it wasn't someone with as much ability to project their reads it wouldn't have mattered.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:05 pm

like I don't think the fact that you lost that game from a mechanically difficult position with only one townie reading you correctly is a mark against you? Idk.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No one or virtually no one gets statistically relevant sample sizes in a year. Subjective assessments like the one RC is making seem worthwhile over straight W/L.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Hmm idk, I think talking about a nom on me is a bit angleshoot-y so I'll refrain from it. But I do genuinely think FL is probably the best DC nom here from all angles currently.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:16 pm

I'm not antinomming FL, but I'm certainly going to nom other people that I think should be in consideration.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”