Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

stop
he was trying to help
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 424, Alisae wrote:
In post 419, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Anytime I have ever asked any question about absolutely anything, he responds the exact same way. Acting like he’s being helpful when he is just being rude.
no nexus does not have a grudge on you
nexus was trying to be helpful and you were way too harsh
Had he omitted the “JFC” part, I would have thanked him for it, despite the link being broken.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

cool it was a misunderstanding its really not needed to drag this out anymore
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

i added ur nom don't bring it up anymore please if you think you need to talk about it some more take it to pms
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 429, Alisae wrote:i added ur nom don't bring it up anymore please if you think you need to talk about it some more take it to pms
Thanks.
I would also like to nominate Shirley you Jest for best individual game
. Jingle was the mod. I did already nominate it but obviously didn’t do it correctly.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79250&start=1050

In post 356, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Nominate Jingle for best game for Shirley You Jest. Most fun I think I’ve ever had in any mafia game ever.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

fill out the form
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Best Individual Game
date Nancy Drew 39 Shirley You Jest viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79250&start=1050 It was a triple jester game and we had a triple jester sweep in it. It was glorious. Most fun I’ve had playing any mafia game ever
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

tbh I don't actually know if thats GOTY or Best Setup
i mean i could be stupid but can you specify
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 433, Alisae wrote:tbh I don't actually know if thats GOTY or Best Setup
i mean i could be stupid but can you specify
Oh sorry, I guess it could be either?

It could be nommed for both right?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by xyzzy »

there's not currently a meet-related Scummy but I'd like there to be a Scummy for meet coordination and planning, and I'd like to nominate ConManMick for that one

meets are obviously a part of site culture that the majority of users don't engage with but the process of making decisions and deciding what to do both moment to moment and over the course of a meet is a complex and scary one, and it's rare that there's someone who is truly great at herding cats during a meet. CMM did a kickass job of that and we should invent an award for it and give it to him
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 0, Scummies wrote:Community Contributor: This award is awarded to the player who did the most to contribute to the overall health of the site. Maybe this person arranged an in-person meetup to foster community, or maybe they really evolved mafia theory discussion to a new level with their MD articles. Perhaps it's a user who goes out of their way to put on fun contests or events for the site, or maybe someone worked on a cool mafia tool in their spare time. Whatever they did, if they worked to improve the site outside of the Mish Mash or Mafia forums, this is where they belong.
^ This would fit, imo.
This is a Parachute.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 436, Jingle wrote:
In post 0, Scummies wrote:Community Contributor: This award is awarded to the player who did the most to contribute to the overall health of the site. Maybe this person arranged an in-person meetup to foster community, or maybe they really evolved mafia theory discussion to a new level with their MD articles. Perhaps it's a user who goes out of their way to put on fun contests or events for the site, or maybe someone worked on a cool mafia tool in their spare time. Whatever they did, if they worked to improve the site outside of the Mish Mash or Mafia forums, this is where they belong.
^ This would fit, imo.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Thirded that that one fits
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Kodak Moment
8/23/2019 Skygazer Flavor Leaf, RCEnigma and Jibril Pokémon Fusion U-Pick On the morning of August 15th, 2019, I woke up fairly early to get ready for work. While I was eating breakfast, I decided to check up on my large theme: Pokémon Fusion U-Pick. I believe the first thread I clicked on was the Scum PT. Inside was a panicked series of messages from Flavor Leaf. "Lol, I slipped," he started. He went on to explain how he had made a post in his private topic with RCEnigma (an outted mason) that was meant for the scum PT. That post slipped himself as scum, laid out their entire game-plan for the night (including killing RCEnigma), and confirmed five players as town. "I fucked up hard," he plainly stated. Yes, Flavor, yes you had.

He went on to do some damage control by claiming that he was also in a neighborhood with Gamma Emerald (his scum buddy) and that his slip was actually meant for his neighborhood with Gamma. You see, in this frantically made-up neighborhood, Flavor had supposedly claimed himself to be a traitor aligned with Gamma as a sort of gambit. His "slip" was, in fact, actually just a continuation of that gambit posted in the wrong thread.

RCEnigma still hadn't seen the message yet. Flavor began telling his sleeping comrades that they need to quickhammer someone as soon as possible. itlepip was the prime candidate; he already had three votes (two town, one scum) on him, he would only need three more to achieve a lynch. Unfortunately, there were only three scum remaining at that point, and one of them was already voting for itle. At 4:08 AM (EST), Flavor laid down his vote for itlepip. A desperate cry rang out in the scum thread for his partners to log on. At 7:23 AM, Alchemist21 logged on and placed his vote for itlepip. Their only hope was for some town member to log-on and lolhammer before RCEnigma could access the thread and see the slip. At 7:25 AM, it appeared to be too late. RCEnigma had seen the slip, and hinted at it in the game thread: "FL if you flip scum I'd die laughing. Because I can 100% see you fake slipping as scum like that in a neighborhood with conf town."

As I was watching this unfold (now from work), I was left to wonder: how are they going to get out of this? RCEnigma had seen the slip, and surely he'll point it out in further detail rather soon... Even if faking a scum-slip was "within Flavor's town-range" (as Krazy put it), the WIFOM was sure to damn them in some manner once the slip was inevitably revealed in the game thread. Right? Right?! No. At 7:49 AM, Jibril placed the hammering vote on itlepip, suddenly and without any prior warning. I was stunned. I locked the thread, posted the flip after I got settled in at work, and felt giddy for the rest of the morning as I began to realize that "yes, that
did
just happen."

The scum team went on to win Pokémon Fusion U-Pick without losing any further members. Going back and looking at Flavor frantically try and salvage the situation is, frankly, extremely amusing. It was a beautifully hilarious moment to witness as a moderator and that is why I'm nominating it for Kodak Moment!
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by the worst »

firmly nth
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 440, the worst wrote:
firmly nth
+1

nth hard
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Pine »

Ahhhh, something similar happened way back in 2011, in my first scumgame, There Will Be Blood...incidentally the game where Mastin bet her username that I was Town (this giving rise to Mastin2). Good times.

Nth nom
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 442, Pine wrote:Ahhhh, something similar happened way back in 2011, in my first scumgame, There Will Be Blood...incidentally the game where Mastin bet her username that I was Town (this giving rise to Mastin2). Good times.

Nth nom
Oh really? :lol: That’s hysterical.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Modfather
9/3 Flavor Leaf Skygazer Pokemon Fusion U-Pick Skygazer has modded multiple games this year, and Pokémon Fusion U-pick topped the list for me. This game right after another large theme game, Everything is Completely Normal. Mod response is always fantastic, setup is exciting and fresh, and vote counts are extremely prevalent. The Pokémon Fusion was a great U-Pick that used a fun HP mechanic and gave a real flavorful experience.

Paperback Writer
9/3 Flavor Leaf The Baker Mini Normal 2086 - Pastries! Normally, I wouldn’t think to put a Paperback Writer here for a Normal game, but mainly because theme games are generally the games people put a crazy amount of effort into story and whatnot, but Dr Easy Bake put a lot of effort to create a very flavorful experience in a Normal game. It also never crossed a line, and everything was literally about Pastries! He put a good amount of detail and personality into tons of different pastry related items, and it was a great experience, and proves Normal games can be just as colorful as Theme games.

Okay, I have this setup, I’ll edit in descriptions/links when I get home.
I’m bad, this’ll get done soon tho

Lol, I’m silly

I gotta add more Skygazer games and I’ll add more to my descript.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

:facepalm:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

Thread update
When I’m not high
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 444, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Modfather
9/3 Flavor Leaf Skygazer Pokemon Fusion U-Pick Skygazer has modded multiple games this year, and Pokémon Fusion U-pick topped the list for me. This game right after another large theme game, Everything is Completely Normal. Mod response is always fantastic, setup is exciting and fresh, and vote counts are extremely prevalent. The Pokémon Fusion was a great U-Pick that used a fun HP mechanic and gave a real flavorful experience.
Nth
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Alisae »

Elsa/Bambi Jay deserves a Rising Star write up
I'm not sure I can do it justice tho
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Alisae »

these aren't updated yet and for a reason
anyhow, we need more body of work and paragon noms!
I'm sure there are candidates out there for them :good:
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”