mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/1/2020 mastina Jingle Alisae versus Pine Pretty much every single "town versus Pine" game has been at the very least an honorable mention in past scummies if not winning at least one if not more scummies as a result of the game and this game is no different. It is absolutely one of the best games of the year, even if it is the absolute worst town trainwreck of any of the three games so far. In spite of my multitude of frustrations with the game, it is despite those utter moments of insanity, still one of the most fun games I played all year long and while it was incredibly toxic at many times, it also had a fair amount of bonding within and a multitude of memes were born from this game and many hilarious moments happened.

The setup was incredibly well-designed and while there were a couple of accidents in the design process, these happy accidents happened to ultimately end up creating a weird sense of balance to the game--the game was advertised as being a bit scumsided, but due to the accidents involved, some of the innate scumsidedness was mitigated by an accidental advantage the town was allowed to have which was not considered in the design of the setup. This might have been unintended, but it made for the quality of the game to be better because the accidents ended up helping the town more than it did the scum, when the town did need that extra bit of help.

While there were some rather unfortunate town night actions, the town did have a lot going for it in terms of some clutch plays which threw the scumteam a rather hard curveball and gave the town multiple ins to winning the otherwise-unwinnable game, including a mislynch-bait player managing to kill themselves and conftown another mislynch-bait slot, doc saves that kept the town with extra members, and general net-positive maneuvers.

But of course, this was counterbalanced by Pine, as per the usual, masterfully manipulating the town and out-gambitting them. Many town players did have most of the right reads, but they couldn't get enough consensus to chain lynches on scum one after another after another. This game ended up being one of the longest games on-site of all time, and in spite of the many frustrations involved, it is absolutely one of the highlights of the year of 2019 because I don't think there is any game in 2019 that was more iconic than this game was and it had a notable, visible impact on site culture. While you may argue that this impact was a negative one, even if so the fact that it pulled so much weight in regards to mafiascum as a whole should say something of the game's significance.

Rube Goldberg
1/1/2020 mastina Jingle Alisae versus Pine The game was remarkably well-designed and featured the latest spin on the drafting mechanic between Pine and his opposition. All the roles were well-crafted and while Jingle designed them more for fun than for balance, they ended up fitting the game incredibly well. This was compounded by a happy accident of an unintentional chance in balance that made the self-admittedly-scumsided setup be less so, giving the town a little bit of an extra boost to help them out. The game was remarkably well-crafted all-around and the work which went into creating it is absolutely commendable, requiring considerable amounts of coordination and work to pull off an epic of this scale.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by mastina »

The Modfather
1/1/2020 mastina schadd_ schadd_ has some of the best modding in games for 2019 and designs excellent setups that he runs remarkably well, especially when it comes to themes, but he also does well elsewhere as well.
In the last year, his modding repertoire is incredibly long, including games like the original MBoS, MBoS 2, MBoS 3, Open 759, MBoS 4, the large versions MBoS 5, two large normals that he ran, as well as another mini normal, MBoS 6, and a newbie to boot.

His games, no matter how complicated the mechanics, are modded excellently, he has a charm about his moderation style with its unique quirks, and these serve to enhance his already-superior moderation which includes incredibly frequent votecounts, good answers to questions, and a level-headedness where he seems fairly chill but is still in spite of this aura incredibly professional.

The Modfather
1/1/2020 mastina Krazy Krazy has designed, then ran, some of the most complex games onsite in 2019 and done so consistently with incredibly good modding all-around, where he provided frequent votecounts that were well-formatted, gave good answers, and ran a smooth ship where he would resolve issues in-game swiftly and promptly and I always felt that he was doing an incredibly professional, tight, ship, one which every moderator on-site should strive for.

His accomplishments to his name include the original Starcraft Mafia, Starcraft Mafia 2, Starcraft: Legacy of the Void, and Krazy's Anime UPick. He also is known for running numerous marathon games of the game Conspiracy and overall is just one of the best moderators onsite and he absolutely deserves this award in recognition for his consistently top-notch moderation.

The Modfather
1/1/2020 mastina Jingle This award is mostly for Jingle being the mod of two of the best games of 2019, Vengeful Ghosts and Alisae versus Pine, both of which required top-notch modding in order to stay on top of them. If those two games are not in of themselves enough, I can list other games if need be that he moderated but those two alone should be sufficient proof of him having earned the award.

He designed incredibly complex games which he then ran while not absolutely flawlessly, pretty damn close to. He was as on-top of moderation as was humanly possible, constantly answering questions, providing the right information, for games that were incredibly complex and needed constant supervision. He was lighthearted, and yet still wholly professional, dishing out the necessary harsh words of mod when necessary and encouraging a positive, friendly atmosphere for games that were designed to be fun. And fun they were! He created fun games that were reasonably balanced, planned out things almost perfectly and the 'almost' comes from the need to in such complex games occasionally improvise on the fly due to every single possible variable not being possible to calculate (if there's literally thousands upon thousands of interactions, it's humanly impossible to get literally every single one of them defined in advance so you have to settle for preplanning a few hundred upon hundred of them and sorting the rest ingame and Jingle did both), and he handled those in-the-moment calls remarkably well. He is one of the best mods onsite at delivering consistently high-quality games and is absolutely a modfather.

The Modfather
1/1/2020 mastina Skygazer Skygazer might have fallen off the modding train in the later half of 2019 not modding many games past a point, but her efforts prior to then deserve recognition. In particular, I'd like to highlight her good moderation in Everything is Completely Normal (which in spite of its townsidedness was still really good fun), her ridiculously good Large Normal, and Pokemon Fusion UPick.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/1/2020 mastina Ankamius Ankamius might swear that 2019 has been a terrible year for her, but I steadfastly disagree with that as her multitude of games where she ended up being nightkilled can attest to--you don't earn the mafia nightkill consistently in almost every towngame you play if you've been playing poorly.

To put just a few of the games highlighting this, she was in Tatsuya's Anime UPick for only the shortest of times, and yet she was immediately nightkilled for being one of the only voices of reason in that game who had almost the exact right train of thought necessary to get the correct game solve, and it was only through a misrepresentation of her thoughts that her contributions were diminished; had they been shown in full, then the game would have been a town win far far easier.

In Undertale Mafia, her hydra died N1 and while their reads may not have been the best, they earned that nightkill through sheer force of their obvtownness and the threat they represented due to how reasonable and rational they were, even while incorrect in their conclusions.

Ankamius's performance in the non-reviewed game was also fairly good from my viewpoint as a spectator and her death was one of the things which let the scum win.

In Madness At Port Arthur, she was a key player in securing the town win, working well with the other members of the town.

While she had a notable confrontation with skitter's hydra in MBoS5, she still was one of the most threatening players in the game with solid plays, good observations, and an overall net-positive direction for the thread.

Her hydra was the MVP player in this game who the scumteam, TWICE, tried to kill and the scum multiple times tried to get the town to kill them, but failed, in part because of her efforts because the players involved were that critical to the town's chances at winning.

And in Alisae versus Pine, she managed to identify the deepscum who was Pine's intended lategame carry...on D1. In the dead thread, you could follow along with her thoughts as she, with zero spoilers, managed to reason with and identify multiple town players, point out their errors, and hone in on the majority of the scumteam; she was one of the best players in the game, in spite of having died at the beginning of the game, and her early death was one of the main reasons the town couldn't win.

Plus she also was very close to the correct solve in this game, too.

There are probably a lot more games of hers in the last year which I'm missing (she's played on numerous different accounts including a ton of hydras and I only searched for posts made on Ank and Blake), but suffice to say, she is hands-down one of the best town players on-site and usually basically a policy-kill. She might not think much of her own talents, but I most decidedly do because she is just a better player than just about everyone else as town.

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/1/2020 mastina Krazy Krazy is one of the only players who I say rivals Ankamius in being an utter monster of a town player, and it shows on his numerous accounts. (I only searched Krazy and Wagonomics in spite of knowing he's played on about a dozen different accounts this year, so there's plenty more than these not listed!)
He was one of the best players in No Deadlines who earned his nightkill handedly.
He was the N1 nightkill in Any Non-Dead Player because of the pure sheer threat he represented to the scumteam, more or less having them dead to rights on D1.

He was again the N1 nightkill in a Large Normal because of the threat he posed.

He was one of the key players in Anime UPick and basically one of the MVPs who helped contribute to the town win by a hair's breadth, always once of the most reasonable players in the game.

I mentioned this in the Ankamius nomination but he was a key member of the Team RWBY hydra that ate a N1 Nightkill in Undertale Mafia.

He was one of the key players in the perfect town win from Everything Is Completely Normal.

As mentioned in the Ankamius nomination, his hydra was a key member of the town in MBoS5.

And as mentioned in the Ankamius nomination, Arkham Asylum was one of the best players in Vengeful Ghost, and Krazy was a part of that hydra.

I realize there is a fair amount of overlap in Krazy's clutch towngames and Ankamius's clutch towngames due to them sharing them via being in the same hydra, but that's for damn good reason, too; the two are the two town players I respect the most right now and it is something they most definitely have earned. (I'm sure I've missed more Krazy games, too.)

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/1/2020 mastina skitter30 Skitter might've been well-known for her scumplay last year, but this year what has really shined is exemplary townplay.
She was one of the strongest town players in Starcraft Mafia.
She was THE clutch player in securing the town win in the original Mystery Box of Silver game--on the last day, on lylo, she was able to, through careful analysis and logic, perfectly deduce completely and entirely 100% accurately the entirety of the scumteam's plan, start to finish, purely through her own skill at analysis. She NAILED not only who was scum, but WHY they were scum. What the scum did, why they did it, it was THE game to demonstrate why skitter is a monster as town and not to be underestimated. We picked her to be the BP tracker because we thought she was the best of the bad options available; she on the last day was able to figure this out and prove that in the end she was the absolute worst pick we could have made because picking her to be bulletproof made her be able to win the game.

She did fairly well in this game.

Her hydra was one of the better players in MBoS5.

She was even the N1 nightkill in this game.

Overall, even if she didn't win games and even if she made mistakes and even if she thought that her play in a game wasn't the best, she has shown herself to have consistently good analysis, consistently good reasoning, is usually fairly obviously town, is fairly charismatic, and is just a big huge PRESENCE as town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by mastina »

Don Corelone
1/1/2020 mastina jjh927 "...jjh as DON CORELONE?!? Really?!?" Yes, really.
When people think of jjh, they think of his excellent townplay. He could very easily be nominated for Paragon this year, or maybe even Rising Star due to his site culture presence and strong performance as both alignments--the reason why I am deciding on Don Corelone specifically for him as the nomination though rather than those two is that he was around before and noted for his strong townplay in 2018. Everyone knew he was good back then as town, and everyone knew that as scum he was incredibly Creaturesque in how he was a lurksack when being a scumfuck, someone whose skills were rather...lacking in the scumplay department.

The thing is.

This year, that changed.
While his performance in this game was not changed from the lurksack description and he did end up lynched, jjh was a key contributor to his scumteam the entire time he was alive and his scumteam could not have won without his input for them.

In Krazy's Anime UPick, he had one of the best traitor performances of all time, perfectly handling that role and managing to directly set up his scumteam for the win with how he divided the town and in his death gave the scumteam the leverage they needed to power through the rest of the town.

In Vengeful Ghosts, he pulled off the absolute most clutch scum performance of all, both having fooled most of the living players into thinking he was town and when the dead vigged him, he pulled a key gambit that caused the town who was in an autowin situation, to no longer be in an autowin. He took the game to lylo with his gambit on a "scumslip" that was faked, when his team was previously nailed dead to rights and he almost won as a direct consequence of this.

He did his best to drown out the pleas of the town players who were dead that could change the final vig as well; his interference almost caused the town to misvig in mylo and kill town instead of the last scum.

Over the course of the year he's gone from being one of the easiest scum players to kill, to being one of the most nightmarish scum players to face who whenever he is in a game as scum, his team is in a good position to win as a direct result of his efforts. And that is why he is a master manipulator worthy of the title of Don Corelone.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by mastina »

Ehhhh screw it I'll add him as a nomination for this as well.
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/1/2020 mastina jjh927 jjh might've been known for solid townplay in 2018 as well but that does nothing to diminish that he has been putting on INCREDIBLY solid performances in 2019 as well and his past excellence should do nothing to discourage me from nominating him for his current excellence as well.

The main game which comes to mind is his performance in Alisae vs. Pine where he was one of THE biggest threats to Pine and his early death via scum nightkill is all the proof in the world of that to how much of a threat he posed.

But he was also basically the star town player of this game,
where start to finish he showed excellent logic, was fairly good at explaining why he was town, giving reasonable reads, good logic, and an overall solid performance.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Krazy »

Don Corelone
1/1/2020 Krazy Alchemist21 Starcraft 2 Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78296 -- he endgames as scum
Pokemon Fusion U-Pick: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=80240 -- he endgames as scum
Krazy's Anime U-Pick: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79782 -- he endgames as scum

Alchemist21 knows how to endgame as scum, helping to seal victories in the clutch. If you were looking to learn fundamentals in scum play to showcase to a new player, which is what this award is largely for, Alchemist21 might be the first player I thought of to use as an example of how to play scum.
vote conspiracy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 856, Krazy wrote:
Don Corelone
1/1/2020 Krazy Alchemist21 Starcraft 2 Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78296 -- he endgames as scum
Pokemon Fusion U-Pick: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=80240 -- he endgames as scum
Krazy's Anime U-Pick: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79782 -- he endgames as scum

Alchemist21 knows how to endgame as scum, helping to seal victories in the clutch. If you were looking to learn fundamentals in scum play to showcase to a new player, which is what this award is largely for, Alchemist21 might be the first player I thought of to use as an example of how to play scum.
I had forgotten that Alchemist21 was scum in both of those latter games and only remembered him being scum in SC2.

A hearted
nth
because he definitely knows his way around as scum and is an excellent scum strategist who knows how to plan the path to the scum win.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

Rising Star
1/1/2020 Krazy popsofctown Pops is a very pleasant player, extremely wholesome, but also competent and convincing. pops is very active in the larger site discussions and GTKAS, pops has had a strong year on both sides of the equation.

In Alisae v Pine, she was basically the only town player to correctly infer Ankamius's crumb -- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80863

In Large Normal 221, she boomed nomnomnom which gave town a very significant advantage going into endgame -- viewtopic.php?f=55&t=80012

She also won this scum game viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81421 and was a big player in some other games (Starry Night).

While pops has come and gone from the site from year to year, she had a great year and should be an example of positivity and wholesome behavior that the site desperately needs more of
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

Also I nominate Open 770 as GOTY since it is the only game that is actually two separate games, #1 viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81421 and #2 viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81655

how can you possibly beat that?

:kappa
vote conspiracy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 858, Krazy wrote:
Rising Star
1/1/2020 Krazy popsofctown Pops is a very pleasant player, extremely wholesome, but also competent and convincing. pops is very active in the larger site discussions and GTKAS, pops has had a strong year on both sides of the equation.

In Alisae v Pine, she was basically the only town player to correctly infer Ankamius's crumb -- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80863

In Large Normal 221, she boomed nomnomnom which gave town a very significant advantage going into endgame -- viewtopic.php?f=55&t=80012

She also won this scum game viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81421 and was a big player in some other games (Starry Night).

While pops has come and gone from the site from year to year, she had a great year and should be an example of positivity and wholesome behavior that the site desperately needs more of
Nth
popsofctown is absolutely a Rising Star in the community. She's been increasingly active across multiple facets of the site and has put in incredibly strong performances in her mafia games. She is absolutely a star of the community and she has risen up this year so she is a rising star. :P
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Don Corelone
1/1/2020 Xtoxm Persivul Persivul has had a strong year playing scum, and picked up a number of wins. He tends not to be the most tr player, but his strength is in fakeclaiming well and at the right time, and making it through to the end without being the most widely suspected player, and making good nk decisions (for example, using his neighborhood in Prey mafia to identify lovers and kill them on n1).
Here are 4 games in which he endgamed as scum: Prey, Colors, World Architecture, Room Odds
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by mastina »

Decided to start these off with this nomination, may as well:
Rising Star
1/1/2020 mastina jjh927 jjh has shown remarkably good performances this year and has continued to solidify his established presence onsite, becoming a notable contributor across the site. He has multiple strong games and continues to get stronger and stronger, being logical, active, and all-around invested.

here are some links to some of his strongest games.

Rising Star
1/1/2020 mastina Pink Ball (/pinturicchio) When I first learned that Pink Ball was pinturicchio, I was fairly shocked--pint to my memory was not very remarkable as a player, and yet every single time I saw Pink Ball, he performed
exceptionally
well. In the last year, he's gone from someone who was barely around, barely known, and not really renown for his play as either alignment, to one of the best players onsite regardless of his alignment and he has gained incredible prominence around the site.

He had an incredibly strong performance in Starcraft Mafia 2, and a strong town performance in Fire and Ice.

He was one of the star players of the original Mystery Box of Silver.
He was one of the star town players in Tatsuya's Anime UPick.
His hydra, mostly due to him, was the N1 nightkill in Starcraft Legacy of the Void and for good reason.
He was a star player in Undertale Mafia and was half the reason the town won that game; without him, it would've been impossible.
He was a star player in Krazy's Anime Upick and was one of the only people throughout the whole game to consistently nail the scumteam and was THE largest thorn in their side the whole time he was alive.
He still did well in Pokemon Fusion UPick.
And he was one of the star scum players in Alisae versus Pine and a significant contributor to the scum win that game.

Noticing a trend?

He is, consistently, a star player for his team, regardless of what alignment that team is.
He is incredibly entertaining, he is rather jovial, funny, just an all-around standup guy who you love to be around and he's damn good at whatever he tries to do. Dude is a legend and given how he was basically an unknown prior to this year, I'd say he's grown into the Rising Star role really well.

Rising Star
1/1/2020 mastina Menalque Menalque is literally this year's the worst in my eyes, in that by the time next year rolls around we'll be wondering why he's not received more recognition already. He'll have further grounded himself into the site culture, taken over jobs in months which took other scummers years to acquire. He has become incredibly active onsite and he has become incredibly prolific and more than that he is damn good at the game and continues to grow with each and every single game he plays.

Even when he loses, he takes the advice in good stride. An example I can think of which comes to mind is I Don't Remember the Name of This Game. There, he was rather obviously scum and he swore he shouldn't have been...but when TheFonz gave him a heart to heart talk in the postgame,
Menalque listened
, and actually DID take it to heart, improving from the experience and becoming a better player as a result.

He has also been putting forward remarkably good games particularly as town.

He was one of the best players in Pokemon Fusion UPick.

He was remarkably good in Make Me Regret This UPick.

And honestly he was one of the best town players in Alisae versus Pine.

And then the real kicker--look at his performance in this game.
What alignment would you think that was, given his scumgames earlier in the year?

...The answer is that was a scum game, NOT a town game--and THAT is the growth which demonstrates WHY Menalque is a rising star. He went from fairly obvious scum to a star scum player, because he listened to the honest feedback, took it to heart, and legitimately improved from it.
And here is another scumgame where he performed well.

He also has a good sense for balance and I can attest to his skills in that department.

He is all-around a pillar of the community in formation and he is everything that everyone new to the site that wants to stay around should strive for because he is just...REMARKABLY good at...well. Everything.
Last edited by mastina on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Pine »

Menalque had echoes of Cassandra at times in Ali vs Pine. Near endgame, he was one of the only Town players with his head on straight, and he was being ignored. Nth the...wait a minute I already nommed him for RS. Mastina you spammy so-and-so!
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

/me sweating profusely
thread is updated
thanks for all of the noms!
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by mastina »

White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina LolWagons/Slaxx Mystery Box of Silver Slaxx might not have been the most clutch player in that game for securing the town win, but he WAS half the reason the town could win so decisively in spite of that on one virtue alone--he replaced into a slot that was previously mislynchable and through his skill made it almost impossible to lynch and he was who the final scum was up against in lylo, a fight that he helped skitter win.

White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Dannflor No deadlines Mafia Dannflor took a slot that was on the verge of being lynched for being an obvious scumfuck into being a slot that the serial killer nightkilled for being so town--literally, Dannflor didn't die because he was too scum; he died because he was too town. And that was the polar opposite of how the slot was when he first inherited it. That speaks miles to how well he was able to turn the slot around and in doing so he helped his team secure the win.

White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina jjh927 Starcraft Mafia 2 jjh took a slot which was complete and utter deadweight to the scumteam and turned it around into a slot which helped his team secure the win. Sure, yes, he did still end up getting lynched eventually...but not before he was able to sew the seeds of discord necessary to allow his team to win. Him replacing into the game singlehandedly helped his team turn it around and due to his synergy with his scumteam, he was able to help them win at the cost of his own life.

Three from the same game:
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Severa(RadiantCowbells) Tatsuya's Anime UPick The reason I make this nomination is because RadiantCowbells was a significant swing in the direction of the game, overall a step in the right direction. He took a slot that was incredibly divisive and turned it into a fairly townread slot. While he didn't help the town gain coherence, his replacement did help take his slot in an overall positive direction for the game.
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Ankamius Tatsuya's Anime UPick Ankamius was the opposite of Severa: whereas Severa (RC) didn't shift the divisiveness of the town, Ankamius didn't shift the perspective of her slot...because she was already seen as universally town, replacing into a widely-townread slot. Because her time in the game was short, she tried her hardest to make a positive impact on the nature of the game and in her limited time alive, she was incredibly successful at that endeavor.
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Pink Ball Tatsuya's Anime UPick Pink Ball, however, wins the award of awards for doing BOTH--his slot was one that was at a severe risk of being mislynched on D1. There was a very real chance that his slot would've been the D1 mislynch if not for Pink Ball coming in and turning the slot around. From there, turning the slot into an obvtown, never-lynched slot, he was able to be a reasonably positive force for the game directing it in the overall right direction to move, a total turnaround from where it was before.

White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina the worst Undertale Mafia nomnomnom was, as a slot, not in the best of positions. While nom was not exactly a top-tier lynch candidate, nom was in no way, shape, or form a player in a good position. Enter the worst, who turned the slot around into a widely-townread slot, who was the last scum lynched for damn good reason: because he put in a REMARKABLY solid performance. While he didn't end up winning his team the game, without him they would have been handedly stomped easily.

White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Slaxx Ballroom Blitz From the moment Slaxx replaced in, the game went from what looked like a town stomp to a scum stomp; he completely and totally turned the game around in its entirety. You can measure the game in terms of pre-Slaxx and post-Slaxx. Pre-Slaxx, NicoRobin (his slot) was a deadweight lurker on the verge of being policy-lynched and the entirety of the scumteam was in the sights of most town players; there was at least one or two players who had the EXACT solve, or close to, and were pushing it.

Post-Slaxx, the town fell apart because he was able to dismantle their cohesion and singlehandedly shift the momentum of the game away from lynching scum and onto town...and from there, the town which had the scum basically nailed dead to rights, fell apart and caved in on itself, accusing each other where before they were on the right track. If not for Slaxx, that game would have been a town win but because he replaced in, the scum won.

Another double:
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina Rhinox Mystery Box of Silver 5 Rhinox took a slot that was on the verge of being lynched and turned it around into a slot that managed to endgame. That in of itself says it all. Before Rhinox, the town was on the right track to having the scumteam poe eliminated, but after Rhinox, the scumteam was able to stall out the lynch of scum, garner JUST enough defenders, and orchestrate town paranoia, town doubt, which caused the town to believe that players who should've been locktown, weren't, and that players who should've been lockscum, weren't. He might not have been incredibly 'obvtown' as scum, but he didn't need to be; he did exactly what he needed to do in order to win the game.
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina pisskop Mystery Box of Silver 5 pisskop did similarly to Rhinox for his own slot. Fuscosco was on the verge of being mislynched, but once pisskop came in, his slot became much much much harder to lynch. He gave good reads, was fairly convincing, and while his presence wasn't enough to cinch a town win, it was good enough to get the town much closer to that win than they otherwise would have been.

Yet Another double:
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina jjh927 Vengeful Ghosts jjh replaced into a slot that, while not exactly a universal scumread, was looked upon very unfavorably as a whole. The whole town either thought of the slot negatively or more commonly, apathetically; nobody was really townreading ZZZX and the slot was contributing nothing to the game.
Enter jjh.
jjh managed to powertown and gain the favor of half of the town.
While the other half, the posthumous members with a vig, killed him, he didn't let that stop him from orchestrating the town's demise, a plan he almost pulled off flawlessly. He was clutch in the scum's planning, their mastermind of the game, and reversed the scumteam's fortunes from fucked to almost-winning.
White Knight
1/1/2020 mastina OSTENTATIOUS (the worst) Vengeful Ghosts The only reason jjh didn't end up winning the scumteam the game is because the worst had a clutch performance of his own, replacing in at just the right time. He was able to do what no holder of the slot before him had done, bridging the gap between the living and dead successfully, communicating with them cleanly and managing to develop a game-winning plan, a gamebreaking plan which if followed would have left the scum in an autolose situation where the scumteam had a 0% chance of winning. jjh did manage to mess that plan up...but because of the worst holding back a key aspect of his role, jjh's plan didn't succeed. jjh's plan was to kill the worst after pulling the gambit and leave the town win no idea why the dead had deviated from the plan...but the worst having an ace up his sleeve he deliberately held back, allowed him to communicate what had gone wrong in the dead thread due to jjh, and this information was vital to the living being able to bounce back.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

and just when you think she's done
she comes back twice as hard

(everything updated again)
GTKAS
| here.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Pine »

What the actual hell, mastina. A dozen noms in the same category, including two people twice each? What are you smoking (and do you have more?)
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

Do not question the ways of the mastia

Or do

Its a free ... Internet?
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 832, Alisae wrote:actually hahaha jk ywall got till the 2nd at 12PM PST. This is when Judging will start.
The threads for the judging forum is currently in construction and that'll take a day.
(expired on 2020-01-02 16:00:00)
GTKAS
| here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

6/17/19 - 1/2/20
Flavor Leaf - Ankamius
Skitter30, Saudade, Creature
This game was a complete and utter stomp, but the game was significantly shifted due to the performance of these three specific players.

First of all, Skitter30 leveraged her IC role to bait one of the scum into essentially outing themselves to her, and later on was able to get a nearly perfect reads list, only having a single incorrect read. Notably, this was all on the very first day of a game with 16 other players present, and the subsequent pressure of her phenomenal reads combined with her confirmed town status put the scumteam in such an unfavorable position that multiple scum succumbed to it and effectively outed themselves entirely within the game thread. This basically secured the win by itself, although how long it would take would be up for debate after her predictable demise on N1.

Secondly, after the first two scum were killed, Creature managed to hit a guilty with his Disloyal Fruit Vendor role on the third. That scum was on the chopping block on day three, but was able to pull out a claim that had enough members of the town hesitant to lynch them that it wasn't assuredly going to happen that day. Without outing his role or giving any indication that he had a guilty at all, Creature helped swing the momentum back towards lynching that scum, allowing for the third scum lynch in a row while also allowing him the possibility of keeping the guilty train going. With a role that loses all effectiveness when it is known, this is strong PR play that takes advantage of the dwindling PoE to allow town to have an even bigger stranglehold on the game with a role that is relatively weak compared to the rest of the ones town were given in this setup.

Finally, the nail in the coffin that allowed town to have the game completely won was Saudade's Loyal Neighborizer. Despite a significantly dwindling PoE and a role that benefits greatly from confirming as many town as possible, he didn't miss a single recruit across the three nights that were available. Although it's hardly impressive to have successfully recruited an outed mason, both his other recruits were slots that were under the microscope in the shortening list of suspects. He was able to keep himself alive and protected despite his strong obvtown status and consistently strong reads, and his influence despite his role played a significant part in ensuring that the scum lynches that happened did happen.

Overall, despite the setup already being in town's favor, the consistently strong PR play by key town members pushed this setup to looking unacceptably broken from the scum side. The sheer amount of confirmed town gained from the Loyal Neighborizer, the timely guilty from the Disloyal Fruit Vendor, and the pressure gained from Skitter gaining the IC role sealed the coffin on the scumteam far beyond what would have been necessary to win convincingly. It's very rare to see a stomp of this magnitude come from this level of PR play across so many different players, so it's appropriate for the players with the most impressive PR performances to be nominated.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Menalque »

ahh fuck fuck fuck

nth pops and pb for rising star

also nth FL for DC if I didn't already

also nth ank for paragon if I didn't already
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Menalque »

lmao I have 3 noms to do wish me luck
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:54 am

Post by mastina »

I'm very very sorry, but can I please make one last nomination?

Nominate the worst for community contributor

I realize that this isn't properly formatted but I can't do proper formatting on my phone and by the time I'd have computer access, the deadline would've passed.

So I'll edit this post with proper formatting and a formal writeup in circa four hours.
The short version: look at the worsts contributions to the site; replacement request, gtkas, and more which I am not sure I am allowed to mention right now but which is undisputable in being valuable. (Ali will know what I mean.)

Edit:

Community Contributor
1/2/2020 mastina the worst Replacement requests; GTKAS; his work in this hidden forum (which his contributions to are not yet public to my knowledge) The shortest of short versions: look at the worst's contributions to the site, and you will instantly know why I made this nomination.

The longer version:
The worst has gone, in the span of less than a year, from doing nothing official and being just a very memorable member of the community, to--true to his status as last year's rising star--doing EVERYTHING.

He is responsible for handling the replacement requests thread, and since his tenure, there's been a very obvious reduction in time between a request being made and it being filled. He stays incredibly on top of things, and it is very rare to see a replacement request be open for longer than 24 hours; before he took over the job, it wasn't uncommon for it to take 48 hours or more.
And I contribute the severe reduction in time between the request and the slot being filled to his excellent work.

This, IN OF ITSELF, would've made him worthy of being a community contributor, but there's more!
He recently took on the additional responsibility of modding and running the GTKAS forum and continuing the legacy of Sky gazer with his own spin. This is a bit recent, so the proof of the value he gives there isn't yet plentiful, yet it certainly augments the above.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!
the worst has ALSO taken on a behind the scenes job where he has done rather considerable amounts of work.

This job is to my knowledge not yet public but very soon it will be.
This work may not be visible to the public, but the likes of you, Ali, and I know precisely how much work worstie is doing and how valuable his contributions there are.
That job in of itself would be nomination worthy.

And yet, the worst is doing it IN ADDITION TO the other two jobs mentioned.

He is literally doing everything humanly possible for the site, and mafiascum is the better for it.
Last edited by mastina on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 872, Menalque wrote:lmao I have 3 noms to do wish me luck
2 hours glgl
GTKAS
| here.