Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

nth newsroom

being invited into that masonry was a pleasant surprise and it really stands out as an experience in my mind even if the game... was basically over by that point.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 322, Irrelephant11 wrote:
[header=5]Mad Scientist[/header]
[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]northsidegal[/cell][cell]Micro 864 | The Newsroom[/cell][cell]northsidegal created a unique role for Newsroom: Town Public Surveyor. This role allowed a player (in this case, skygazer) to recruit a single player from outside the game (in this case, the worst) to make a private thread with, for the purpose of helping to solve the game. In a game full of pts and "interviews", this fit the flavor amazingly well. But even more importantly, it was a brand new role (as far as I know) that was tons of fun for skygazer, and added something really new to the game of mafia. In a time where "players who aren't in the game can post in the game" is having something of a moment, this role seemed like an elegant and balanced way to have that sort of fun. Nice work, nsg :][/cell][/row]

[header=5]Master Strategist[/header]
[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]insomnia[/cell][cell]Greatest Idea VIII[/cell][cell]In a Greatest Idea game where town's loss seemed inevitable (FOUR TOWN DEATHS NIGHT 1???), and the only question in the dead thread was "which scumteam will win?" (among two 2-man scumteams, a small cult, and two serial killers), insomnia changed everything in lategame. As town psychiatrist, he correctly identified and targeted both serial killers, converting them both to townies on N3 and N4, winning the game for town on N4. Though I tried my best to get him to target me (a werewolf), I failed, and instead of a continued town slaughter, the game ended abruptly when the last serial killer shot me and converted to town all at once. Nice aim, insomnia :][/cell][/row]
These will be added right now!
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

btw relly, that role isn't new its something that was seen in a couple of games already.
GTKAS
| here.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]northsidegal[/cell][cell]Micro 864 | The Newsroom[/cell][cell]northsidegal created a unique role for Newsroom: Town Public Surveyor. This role allowed a player (in this case, skygazer) to recruit a single player from outside the game (in this case, the worst) to make a private thread with, for the purpose of helping to solve the game. In a game full of pts and "interviews", this fit the flavor amazingly well. But even more importantly, it was a brand new role (as far as I know) that was tons of fun for skygazer, and added something really new to the game of mafia. In a time where "players who aren't in the game can post in the game" is having something of a moment, this role seemed like an elegant and balanced way to have that sort of fun. Nice work, nsg :][/cell][/row]

[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]insomnia[/cell][cell]Greatest Idea VIII[/cell][cell]In a Greatest Idea game where town's loss seemed inevitable (FOUR TOWN DEATHS NIGHT 1???), and the only question in the dead thread was "which scumteam will win?" (among two 2-man scumteams, a small cult, and two serial killers), insomnia changed everything in lategame. As town psychiatrist, he correctly identified and targeted both serial killers, converting them both to townies on N3 and N4, winning the game for town on N4. Though I tried my best to get him to target me (a werewolf), I failed, and instead of a continued town slaughter, the game ended abruptly when the last serial killer shot me and converted to town all at once. Nice aim, insomnia :][/cell][/row]
This post was pretty much invisible. I'm using sepia. Dunno why the colors seem messed up.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 328, davesaz wrote:

This post was pretty much invisible. I'm using sepia. Dunno why the colors seem messed up.
he didn't use the [color] codes.
Its fine tho, the noms are up in the main post.

Which is BTW
The sheet was awful for me to transcribe awards onto here, since the form kind of a thing to symbolize that the process was automated, but if I am willing to do this manually, then the form just creates more work for me.
This is significantly easier and I've heard it was a complaint that people don't like the form and would much rather like to submit a nomination by posting in thread.
Now thats possible.
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

nth insomnia nom. Despite barely being in that game, that was some damn impressive carrying.
This is a Parachute.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Speedrunner
6/19/2019
Dannflor
the worst
HALF MAST NIGHTLESS
Simultaneously dubbed the worst and best marathon ever, this (in)famous game ran for 60+ pages and nearly 4 hours. In the game, the scum team not only made their scummiest member the flag bearer but were also nearly revealed by a mod error in the vote counts. Though frustrating at points, this record breaking game was entertaining and memorable for most everyone involved. It wasn't the perfect marathon, but nevertheless it was an unforgettable experience. An enjoyable mess that still gets referenced several months later—not only for its size but for the player list and the specific absurdity of how the game went down. The players played their hearts out despite the draining length and nature of the game. the worst—despite his unfortunate mod error that could have given away the scum team—maintained consistent vote counts for 4 hours straight, was succinct with deadlines, and kept things moving as quickly as possible in an exhausting game of ridiculous size.

am i doing this right
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 331, Dannflor wrote:
Speedrunner
6/19/2019
Dannflor
the worst
HALF MAST NIGHTLESS
Simultaneously dubbed the worst and best marathon ever, this (in)famous game ran for 60+ pages and nearly 4 hours. In the game, the scum team not only made their scummiest member the flag bearer but were also nearly revealed by a mod error in the vote counts. Though frustrating at points, this record breaking game was entertaining and memorable for most everyone involved. It wasn't the perfect marathon, but nevertheless it was an unforgettable experience. An enjoyable mess that still gets referenced several months later—not only for its size but for the player list and the specific absurdity of how the game went down. The players played their hearts out despite the draining length and nature of the game. the worst—despite his unfortunate mod error that could have given away the scum team—maintained consistent vote counts for 4 hours straight, was succinct with deadlines, and kept things moving as quickly as possible in an exhausting game of ridiculous size.

am i doing this right
Yes you are!

@Everyone who keeps nthing
what would be the best way to include that? I'm down to hear suggestions.

Also a reminder, if you're not happy with the best marathon award name "speedrunner" then feel free to suggest a diff name.
GTKAS
| here.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by davesaz »

Add people to the submitter column, maybe in parenthesis.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

Or just a leading +
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Jingle »

So for example, my nth would be
rellyphant
+Jingle
+etc
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

"Fun Size" for Best Marathon name?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Speedrunner is a great name.
To be clear: quack
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by schadd_ »

pheidippides
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I like Fun Size though since it is the term for a really small candy bar, which is what a Marathon is compared to a regular mafia game, and it should generally be going to a fun game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 338, schadd_ wrote:pheidippides
god this would be fantastic if marathon game wasn't a misnomer
To be clear: quack
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by schadd_ »

me drinking the well water after the post sleepykrew just made: hmm... tastes like prion disease.... [dies]
free darius mccollum

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

ego
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 341, schadd_ wrote:me drinking the well water after the post sleepykrew just made: hmm... tastes like prion disease.... [dies]
u read the Washington post too huh
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:51 am

Post by schadd_ »

i would if its publications had the interests of PROLETARIANS in mind
free darius mccollum

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 328, davesaz wrote:This post was pretty much invisible. I'm using sepia. Dunno why the colors seem messed up.
They're messed up on silver, too.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 334, Jingle wrote:Or just a leading +
In post 335, Jingle wrote:So for example, my nth would be
rellyphant
+Jingle
+etc
This is something I'm implimenting as well starting with nths from this post and onwards.
So nths from this point onwards will be counted.
If you want to nth a nomination, I'll include it as long as its after this post.

Nths w/o write ups will be given a +{USERNAME} like how I updated the tables to look like.
Nths w/ write ups will be given its own row.

Also make sure to bold nths.
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Alisae what is ur avi since GIS never does its job
<Embrace The Void>

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

Art from a pokemon fangame.
I’m not telling you what it is, but if you look in the arcade you might be able to find it if you dig enough.
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just that is fine thx
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”