Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Goodfellas
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
---
Chito and Nuko (Krazy + singletonking)
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. To counter this effect, the scum team created a stellar fake claim regarding a fourth PT that included them both. This, combined with nomnomnom's confident scum play and both team members' strong bussing play, allowed nomnomnom to win a 1v1 against mastina to win - which is no small feat in itself!

[I recognize the next two nominations are unfinished but I have to get offline and don't want to delete all the formatting that I got right this time]

Kodak Moment
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
-insert your description here-

Award Name
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
Schadd
-insert your description here-
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:36 am

Post by schadd_ »

was gnna do that same goodfellas. thank you for the Award Name
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 350, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Goodfellas
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
---
Chito and Nuko (Krazy + singletonking)
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. To counter this effect, the scum team created a stellar fake claim regarding a fourth PT that included them both. This, combined with nomnomnom's confident scum play and both team members' strong bussing play, allowed nomnomnom to win a 1v1 against mastina to win - which is no small feat in itself!

Kodak Moment
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. As the town's PoE tightened around nomnomnom and her scummate, she thought of a stellar fake claim: that the two scum had been in a PT together, and that the PT revealed information about the setup to nomnomnom. When nomnomnom revealed this "setup information" to the town, town lost any grasp of setup spec. For every piece of information town had regarding the setup, it seemed nomnomnom had a "countering piece of information" which swung multiple players' reads in the wrong direction. Though nomnomnom made a nightkill on the last night which actually hurt her chances to win lylo, the lylo conftown could not wade through the fake information and setup expectations to see nomnomnom for her true alignment. Impressive creativity, nomnomnom :!:

Rube Goldberg
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
Schadd
Schadd is already known for his creativity in setups, and this one is no exception. The setup as seen in the dead thread can speak for itself in a lot of ways, but a summary of some of my favorite things:

-Scum were forced to help town by giving them power, but had a lot of room to use this in a WIFOM-y fashion (Mystery Box of Silver(tm) theme song plays )
-Though the use of private topics semi-cleared townies who were a part of one, the mysterious aspect of a 1-on-1 private topic made everything that went on inside the PTs suspect
-Expectations, as per usual for Schadd, were upended in e.g. the informed-to-town macho modifier on a Mafioso in a game without doctors, which gave the informed townie false expectations
-At the same time, town were right to assume two scum could never share a private topic, and assumptions like these accurately helped town's PoE before scum fakeclaimed.

Ultimately I love that this setup encouraged all players to expect the unexpected, and though a lot happened each night, the only way either alignment could reasonably win was through strong dayplay. The best team won (and it was a blast to spectate, which doesn't hurt).
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 am

Post by nomnomnom »

nthing the rube nom

that setup was a blast to play
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nommm

Kodak Moment
7/3/19
Flavor Leaf
Emperor flippyNips
Day 7, extremely low kill game, almost all claims are out, halfway through a day, flippynips had a Mafia guilty result. First, he claimed to have these results from different nights not realizing what day it was on, but the funniest part that had everybody stop playing the game to make a “LMAO” Post was when FlippyNips claimed that he had a result on Xtoxm from multiple nights ago, but he forgot what it was. He then comes out and states that he had an SK result from multiple nights before, but he just forgot about it. This was hilarious, and I accidentally did a spit take all over my iPad.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:03 am

Post by Krazy »

Goodfellas
7/3/19
Krazy
Scum team of Flavor Leaf, Alchemist21, Elsa Jay, and jjh927
Day 7 the scum team is dealing with a scenario where an alignment cop and a loyal fruit vendor have two separate guilties on two separate members of the scum team, and the scum team manages to turn the lynch to the town cop. Throughout the rest of the game the scum team managed to correctly hunt the serial killer day 1, managed to avoid getting one of their members lynched despite the kill being blocked by a roleblocker, and joined with the survivor to win with all of the original three members of the mafia faction still alive in a 19 player game. The only groupscum lynched (jjh) was lynched through a bus led by the mafia goon (Flavor Leaf). Mostly nominating for day 7 though which was a wild ride.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Nominate Jingle for best game for Shirley You Jest. Most fun I think I’ve ever had in any mafia game ever.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:37 am

Post by Creature »

Why wasn't Gameshow RC nominated?
Sigh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 356, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Nominate Jingle for best game for Shirley You Jest. Most fun I think I’ve ever had in any mafia game ever.
this is not how you nominate a game.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 355, Krazy wrote:
Goodfellas
7/3/19
Krazy
Scum team of Flavor Leaf, Alchemist21, Elsa Jay, and jjh927
Day 7 the scum team is dealing with a scenario where an alignment cop and a loyal fruit vendor have two separate guilties on two separate members of the scum team, and the scum team manages to turn the lynch to the town cop. Throughout the rest of the game the scum team managed to correctly hunt the serial killer day 1, managed to avoid getting one of their members lynched despite the kill being blocked by a roleblocker, and joined with the survivor to win with all of the original three members of the mafia faction still alive in a 19 player game. The only groupscum lynched (jjh) was lynched through a bus led by the mafia goon (Flavor Leaf). Mostly nominating for day 7 though which was a wild ride.
btw ur using the wrong table theme, but I was able to process this nom (as well as the flippy nom the other other noms relly finished up on) and I was able to understand what award the nomination was for, so its fine.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 357, Creature wrote:Why wasn't Gameshow RC nominated?
did someone just not nominate this game or was there a nomination that I missed?
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

No one nominated. I think that’s where his question was at.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Mad Scientist
4 July Vijarada BulletNLynchProof Gameshow Mafia I'm nominating this game not because it was balanced or amazingly well-executed, but I'm a sucker for mechanics like this. It's an understandable game mechanic with a crazy amount of flavour and variations, that works to fundamentally change the game to a different one, without changing the core idea.
get a warrant
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Hannibal Lector
7/6/19 Boonskiies Xtoxm Krazy's Anime Upick A survivor-esque role that won with scum on Day 9. Survivor getting to Day 9 is kind of insane to then win. He played it well, and outed himself at the right time. This marks his 2nd 3rd party win this year as well.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 am

Post by chennisden »

Gameshow was... well, gameshow
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 am

Post by chennisden »

The idea of gameshow is genius though.

Nth gameshow
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 364, chennisden wrote:
I think he was trying to ask why RC wasn't nominated for whatever role he had in Gameshow?
The simple answer of course is, if you think it should be nominated then nom it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 362, Vijarada wrote:
Mad Scientist
4 July Vijarada BulletNLynchProof Gameshow Mafia I'm nominating this game not because it was balanced or amazingly well-executed, but I'm a sucker for mechanics like this. It's an understandable game mechanic with a crazy amount of flavour and variations, that works to fundamentally change the game to a different one, without changing the core idea.
In post 363, Boonskiies wrote:
Hannibal Lector
7/6/19 Boonskiies Xtoxm Krazy's Anime Upick A survivor-esque role that won with scum on Day 9. Survivor getting to Day 9 is kind of insane to then win. He played it well, and outed himself at the right time. This marks his 2nd 3rd party win this year as well.
These noms have been added!
GTKAS
| here.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 366, davesaz wrote:
In post 364, chennisden wrote:
I think he was trying to ask why RC wasn't nominated for whatever role he had in Gameshow?
The simple answer of course is, if you think it should be nominated then nom it.
its a game i frankly dont think the town wants to think about

and itd be egotistical to say "wow scum were godly" when ur the scum
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by chennisden »

CAN I NOMINATE SOMETHING IN GTKAS FOR POST OF THE YEAR
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I'm not acting in any sort of official capacity with this post (in fact, my role includes the word 'unofficial' in it!) but I believe that falls under this Speakeasy rule since GTKAS is also private:
This is a private forum. Content posted in here, especially as it relates to people personally, should not be repeated or referred to outside the Speakeasy. This explicitly includes topics such as the No-Context Quotes thread. If you are unsure of whether you should post something about someone, contact that person and/or the mods. If you find that information you posted in the Speakeasy is being posted outside by someone else, contact that person and/or the mods.
So, even with the whole people without GTKAS access won't be able to see it thing, you should definitely at the very least check in with the poster before nominating it. I'm not sure if the Scummies people would allow it since the post would be gated behind a semi-hidden forum but that's my two cents!
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

1. Speakeasy/GTKAS is like, one of the main features of the site if you see this site as a social hangout. Without those subforums, this forum wouldn't be what it is today community wise.
2. POTY was intended for the more social parts of the site. We thought that most nominations for POTY would come from primarily speakeasy, where most of the social activity that happens on the site happens. That or just really funny posts that did happen in mafia games like Reck's video.

So yeah, GTKAS and Speakeasy is ok and in fact encouraged :]
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 371, Alisae wrote:So yeah, GTKAS and Speakeasy is ok and in fact encouraged
Isn't this explicitly against site rules though?

Like, you'd be quoting from a protected portion of the site into a non protected portion of the site.
This is a Parachute.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 372, Jingle wrote:
In post 371, Alisae wrote:So yeah, GTKAS and Speakeasy is ok and in fact encouraged
Isn't this explicitly against site rules though?

Like, you'd be quoting from a protected portion of the site into a non protected portion of the site.
I'm going to answer your question by not actually answering your question and just saying "its fine imo."

Reck wrote the POTY description
He's also the one who said yes to the award
I'm going to post it here
In post 0, Scummies wrote:This award is awarded to a person that made a post. But not just any post, this post is important! This is the post... that on any part of the non-Mafia/non-Mish Mash part of the site... had the biggest impact. It made you laugh. Maybe it made you cry. Maybe it just made you blow air out your nose. In any case, this post belongs in a shrine to great forum posts. This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Tell me, where are you going to reasonably find something that you would nominate for POTY?
Because most of the active forum posting where you would even find POTY material is in speakeasy.
Thats what the award was meant for.

either way i think its fine imo
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Let's get a discmod opinion on that before we start quoting from GTKAS / SE
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”