Mafia Is Not Funny

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hey man, mafia is srz business.
NO ROOM FOR FUN!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 75, Nero Cain wrote:hey man, mafia is srz business.
NO ROOM FOR FUN!
I'm glad people are finally getting it
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Enter »

Right
If we don't start taking mafia seriously
how can we expect it to take us seriously?
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

mafia is like nature, it doesn't respect us.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 78, Nero Cain wrote:mafia is like nature, it doesn't respect us.
maybe if we nurture and care for it over time it can grow to accept us again?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I play mafia to troll and to have fun.
Former usually works but not the latter.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I play mafia to become a terrible version of myself
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I play mafia to play mafia? That doesn't mean I can't be friendly but eh...

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Creature »

I haven't been part of this forum's birth, but I'll be part of this forum's death.
Sigh
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 83, Creature wrote:I haven't been part of this forum's birth, but I'll be part of this forum's death.
That's the attitude!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Creature »

It shouldn't take long anyway.
Sigh
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 85, Creature wrote:It shouldn't take long anyway.
With that attitude, it will take forever
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Don’t worry. When I’m famous and have the funds to create some kind of competition mafia show, and fly y’all out, and pay you to compete in it, this site’s gonna be poppin
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Enter »

If you made mafia a real thing

mastina would actually flip
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 87, Flavor Leaf wrote:Don’t worry. When I’m famous and have the funds to create some kind of competition mafia show, and fly y’all out, and pay you to compete in it, this site’s gonna be poppin
It’s going to be awesome
Spoiler:
except that every death will be real because he’s gonna be a CRAZY rich person
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by Enter »

Pretty sure there's a movie about that, actually
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 87, Flavor Leaf wrote:Don’t worry. When I’m famous and have the funds to create some kind of competition mafia show, and fly y’all out, and pay you to compete in it, this site’s gonna be poppin
you die in the game will you get reborn as an isekai protagonist?
Becuase shit I would be down.
GTKAS
| here.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 90, Enter wrote:Pretty sure there's a movie about that, actually
Yes, but it's pretty terrible
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 0, Enter wrote:This thread was created for the purpose of generating discussion and awareness of the growing mentality that mafia is not a joke and should not be treated as such. In it, people should feel free to voice opinions in opposition of, or support for a group of players that are willing to bite the bullet on a couple mafia games for the purpose of correcting the bad mindset that anti-town or thoughtless play is acceptable or should be allowed to continue. This would be achieved through lynching players that fakeclaim because it is funny or in the meta, self vote because "reactions," as an attempt to generate an emotional response to cause another player to town read them, lie without crumbing prior to, etc. Such a group would be willing to accept a few losses due to lynching of players who notoriously play with barely any attempt at town motivated attitude, and this is not a group for just lynching every time a player makes a mistake or a play that is intentional and thought through. I'm trying to think of good examples of both, but nothing comes to mind at the moment so I trust people to use common sense.

Consider the creation of this thread evidence of my support for such a group. If you are enjoying yourself while you play mafia, you're either a try-hard or you're doing it wrong.
Is what you’re describing basically just pack mentality policy lynching?

It sounds to me like you’re advocating to mow-the-bad-players-down as a general rule of thumb because you take the game *very* seriously, I gather. Did I understand you correctly? If so, maybe there should be a section in this forum where those of us who take the game a whole lot less seriously can play a light-hearted game where we can a) have fun on our own terms and b) not fuck up the games for people who take it them so seriously.

Then we can all have fun.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Alisae »

if u take the game too seriously you play on MU thats the place for serious mafia gameplay
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:45 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

is 94 a joke
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Enter »

In post 93, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 0, Enter wrote:This thread was created for the purpose of generating discussion and awareness of the growing mentality that mafia is not a joke and should not be treated as such. In it, people should feel free to voice opinions in opposition of, or support for a group of players that are willing to bite the bullet on a couple mafia games for the purpose of correcting the bad mindset that anti-town or thoughtless play is acceptable or should be allowed to continue. This would be achieved through lynching players that fakeclaim because it is funny or in the meta, self vote because "reactions," as an attempt to generate an emotional response to cause another player to town read them, lie without crumbing prior to, etc. Such a group would be willing to accept a few losses due to lynching of players who notoriously play with barely any attempt at town motivated attitude, and this is not a group for just lynching every time a player makes a mistake or a play that is intentional and thought through. I'm trying to think of good examples of both, but nothing comes to mind at the moment so I trust people to use common sense.

Consider the creation of this thread evidence of my support for such a group. If you are enjoying yourself while you play mafia, you're either a try-hard or you're doing it wrong.

It sounds to me like you’re advocating to mow-the-bad-players-down as a general rule of thumb because you take the game *very* seriously, I gather. Did I understand you correctly? If so, maybe there should be a section in this forum where those of us who take the game a whole lot less seriously can play a light-hearted game where we can a) have fun on our own terms and b) not fuck up the games for people who take it them so seriously.

I think you missed the tongue in cheek parts of this and took it a bit more seriously than intended. I want to lynch players who don't want to play a light-hearted game. I want to lynch players who don't want to play at all. Everyone makes bad plays, I want to lynch people who are being intentionally anti-town because it's funny.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Enter »

And no, I'm not proposing "pack mentality," that would be the exact opposite of what I'm proposing.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:14 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 96, Enter wrote:
In post 93, MaryJoLisa wrote:

I think you missed the tongue in cheek parts of this and took it a bit more seriously than intended. I want to lynch players who don't want to play a light-hearted game. I want to lynch players who don't want to play at all. Everyone makes bad plays, I want to lynch people who are being intentionally anti-town because it's funny.
Oh I see now. Okay. :]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”