I am not retired. Will take tips from first interested party

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

I am not retired. Will take tips from first interested party

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:20 am

Post by Enter »

I have a lot of undeveloped play over the course of several years on and off. My opinions are subjective in mafia games. As stated, the first person to say they are interested gets to share tips on good mafia play.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:35 am

Post by the worst »

heh sucker
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:02 am

Post by BuJaber »

Through careful observation of good players, I can tell you the trick is to call other people idiots/noobs.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Enter »

In post 2, BuJaber wrote:Through careful observation of good players, I can tell you the trick is to call other people idiots/noobs.
Alright. You are the first person to give anything to me. I promise that I will try not to out this to anyone else though.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Alisae »

Don’t suck
GTKAS
| here.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Enter »

In post 4, Alisae wrote:Don’t suck
You are the second person to share with me. Bujaber took me up on my offer.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

yolo 360 noscope the scumteam
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Ramcius »

Don't get caught, when you're scum
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... post278197
Visorslash wrote:
How to Play Mafia Like a Champion

After collaboration with many well respected mafia and werewolf players from the joined communities here at MU we have decided to release are critically acclaimed guide to excellent mafia play. I'd like to take a moment first to thank some of the brilliant minds that helped develop this amazing tool:
  • Thingy Hot Angles' Man
  • Lissa 'If only I read the thread!' 2
  • No 'hasn't provided useful content in 5 years' Lynches
  • Yates
  • Warman
  • Originally gamerguy was supposed to fill this slot but apparently he was too busy
How to Play Villager:

Many players have differing ideas on how to play a successful village game, however we have gathered these top tips backed by statistical analysis done by our resident GOAT, Yates. (don't feed the goat).

Insult other villagers and make them feel worthless:

Ever thought, "Hey, none of these dropkicks are listening to me. I am the GOAT, they need to bow down to the only person in the game with an IQ above clinically braindead."

Sure you have. And we have the solution. Insult them, blame everything on them. Break them down into tiny pieces until they cry and post sad messages about how you have affected their life. Make sure they understand that their presence on earth is wasting your time and sucking out precious oxygen for the rest of us. By crushing their spirit and breaking their belief they will be more willing to listen to your every word and you'll finally be able to win the game for your team (if you don't get strong player killed first for using such amazing tactics). Chicks love it when you insult them.

Playing to the Spirit of the Game:

Don't be this guy.

Reading the Thread:

This is the same treatment they use against prisoners in Guantanamo, don't treat yourself like that.

Use Buzzwords like soab, GLGL, bub and acronyms that nobody actually knows the meaning of:

Confound your opponents with words that only a mafia god like yourself actually knows the meaning of (or at least pretend you do). If you know the lingo you can mess with the best. Dropping racist and sexist terms also proves how learned and knowledgeable you are and we recommend using them often to show your superiority.

Use your admin privileges to check the scum teams:

Our boy Yates has found an exciting new strategy, this one is hot off the press. Now, this one can be a bit difficult to set up (might require sucking of 0-2 dicks - depends how generous thingy is feeling at the time) but with some prime sucking you too can gain access to the admin role, and with your new found powers you can also check who the scum is playing against you. We recommend you start slow, reading them scum for strange reasons and then graduate to simply just reading them scum immediately and clearing townies for nothing at all. People will be so much in awe of your skills that they won't even think to question how you suddenly got so good. Make sure to discredit all your distractors and send them death threats in private to make sure they stay quiet.
An expert level strat is to continue viewing the scum chats even after you have been alerted to tracking being provided in the private threads. Those peasants won't dare out you, you are a GOD.

How to Play Wolf:

Sub the fuck out:
Playing wolf brings joy to no one. You are better than this, fuck that bitchass punk that randed you wolf. Sub out and make sure to claim some terrible real life reason that is completely unverifiable. Playing wolf is BENEATH YOU. It ruins your stats, and where's the fun in the game when you actually have to do something? Nowhere, exactly. Make sure to join the next running game immediately to show that bitch you won't be fazed.

Tank your game:
By posting like a child on the extreme of the spectrum (you know which one soab) you can get your wolf game finished as quickly as possible so you can literally post a coherent word and be read village next time you play as a villager. We also recommend fraleying your game as a villager if for some reason you want to get good as a wolf.

Get yourself Modkilled:
This one can also apply to being a villager if the game is going poorly and you don't want to get schooled any more than you already have, but 'accidentally' posting quotes from wolfchat in the thread and getting the game reranded or finished will not only save your stats, but also your reputation. Alternatively you can just modkill yourself by quoting your role PM and that will allow you to move on to the next game quick smart.

Lurk:
Why waste your time with the other strategies when you can simply not post? This requires you to spend zero time on the game and still get the desired result.

Postgame Management:
Nobody can catch you, you are the GOD wolf. Make sure to call everyone who called you scum a button clicker and tell them they got lucky. Tell them they suck and that they should learn to play the game. Don't respond to any of their responses and simply report any future posts by them as flaming and trolling. If you won, drag your balls over the villagers faces, and over your other wolves to remind them how much they suck compared to you. If you lost, blame the game balance and the host for a broken game, blame luck for bad night actions and blame your team especially for not being good enough to do 1% of the work after you did the other 99%.

With these tips, you too can be a champion!
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

don't roll scum
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 9, Dannflor wrote:don't roll scum
But rolling scum is what makes mafia fun :eek:
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am

Post by TTTT »

develop a memory that only remembers when you were right
ignore anybody's attempts to remind you that you could ever have been wrong
if you accidentally remember being wrong about something blame it on someone else for acting dumb
channel your new undeserved self-confidence into every post you make
and treat people who disagree with you like the idiots they are
good luck!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8, mhsmith0 wrote:https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... post278197
Visorslash wrote:
How to Play Mafia Like a Champion

After collaboration with many well respected mafia and werewolf players from the joined communities here at MU we have decided to release are critically acclaimed guide to excellent mafia play. I'd like to take a moment first to thank some of the brilliant minds that helped develop this amazing tool:
  • Thingy Hot Angles' Man
  • Lissa 'If only I read the thread!' 2
  • No 'hasn't provided useful content in 5 years' Lynches
  • Yates
  • Warman
  • Originally gamerguy was supposed to fill this slot but apparently he was too busy
How to Play Villager:

Many players have differing ideas on how to play a successful village game, however we have gathered these top tips backed by statistical analysis done by our resident GOAT, Yates. (don't feed the goat).

Insult other villagers and make them feel worthless:

Ever thought, "Hey, none of these dropkicks are listening to me. I am the GOAT, they need to bow down to the only person in the game with an IQ above clinically braindead."

Sure you have. And we have the solution. Insult them, blame everything on them. Break them down into tiny pieces until they cry and post sad messages about how you have affected their life. Make sure they understand that their presence on earth is wasting your time and sucking out precious oxygen for the rest of us. By crushing their spirit and breaking their belief they will be more willing to listen to your every word and you'll finally be able to win the game for your team (if you don't get strong player killed first for using such amazing tactics). Chicks love it when you insult them.

Playing to the Spirit of the Game:

Don't be this guy.

Reading the Thread:

This is the same treatment they use against prisoners in Guantanamo, don't treat yourself like that.

Use Buzzwords like soab, GLGL, bub and acronyms that nobody actually knows the meaning of:

Confound your opponents with words that only a mafia god like yourself actually knows the meaning of (or at least pretend you do). If you know the lingo you can mess with the best. Dropping racist and sexist terms also proves how learned and knowledgeable you are and we recommend using them often to show your superiority.

Use your admin privileges to check the scum teams:

Our boy Yates has found an exciting new strategy, this one is hot off the press. Now, this one can be a bit difficult to set up (might require sucking of 0-2 dicks - depends how generous thingy is feeling at the time) but with some prime sucking you too can gain access to the admin role, and with your new found powers you can also check who the scum is playing against you. We recommend you start slow, reading them scum for strange reasons and then graduate to simply just reading them scum immediately and clearing townies for nothing at all. People will be so much in awe of your skills that they won't even think to question how you suddenly got so good. Make sure to discredit all your distractors and send them death threats in private to make sure they stay quiet.
An expert level strat is to continue viewing the scum chats even after you have been alerted to tracking being provided in the private threads. Those peasants won't dare out you, you are a GOD.

How to Play Wolf:

Sub the fuck out:
Playing wolf brings joy to no one. You are better than this, fuck that bitchass punk that randed you wolf. Sub out and make sure to claim some terrible real life reason that is completely unverifiable. Playing wolf is BENEATH YOU. It ruins your stats, and where's the fun in the game when you actually have to do something? Nowhere, exactly. Make sure to join the next running game immediately to show that bitch you won't be fazed.

Tank your game:
By posting like a child on the extreme of the spectrum (you know which one soab) you can get your wolf game finished as quickly as possible so you can literally post a coherent word and be read village next time you play as a villager. We also recommend fraleying your game as a villager if for some reason you want to get good as a wolf.

Get yourself Modkilled:
This one can also apply to being a villager if the game is going poorly and you don't want to get schooled any more than you already have, but 'accidentally' posting quotes from wolfchat in the thread and getting the game reranded or finished will not only save your stats, but also your reputation. Alternatively you can just modkill yourself by quoting your role PM and that will allow you to move on to the next game quick smart.

Lurk:
Why waste your time with the other strategies when you can simply not post? This requires you to spend zero time on the game and still get the desired result.

Postgame Management:
Nobody can catch you, you are the GOD wolf. Make sure to call everyone who called you scum a button clicker and tell them they got lucky. Tell them they suck and that they should learn to play the game. Don't respond to any of their responses and simply report any future posts by them as flaming and trolling. If you won, drag your balls over the villagers faces, and over your other wolves to remind them how much they suck compared to you. If you lost, blame the game balance and the host for a broken game, blame luck for bad night actions and blame your team especially for not being good enough to do 1% of the work after you did the other 99%.

With these tips, you too can be a champion!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You open your role PM.

Mafia Goon
”.

Your eyes drift down to your partners. The resident D1 lynch; the guy who, yesterday, was unbanned after “unspecified CoC violations”; and someone with 3 total posts named “SuccDragon” who does not even have a profile picture. In that moment you consider just subbing out. This cannot be worth it. Glancing at your inbox you cringe as you see a series of PMs from a Flake Moderator inquiring about your recent string of substitutions. You remember that you are on your final warning. Do you risk it? Is a three months signup ban worth dodging this trainwreck?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Find out more here.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

If you’re town: scumread only the most obvtown slots and deathtunnel them over scummy placement of commas, typos or any other ludicrous NAI thing you can possibly think of. Quickhammer whenever possible. Ditto, with L-1s and never announce it, remember, you don’t want to tip off scum. Rolefish tprs whenever possible, what fun is scumhunting when it’s not uberchallenging?

If scum, make sure to PT slip and mix up the scum PT with the main thread. Make an idiot list, where you out your entire team and make sure to do it every time you role scum. Hard distance your buddies and engage in horrible scum theater. For tips on how it’s expertly done, ISO Halloween Dance scumteam. How town ever caught on to that, remains a mystery.

If you’re 3P, get drunk or high prior to posting and even when you’re not. Wine about how much you feel unmotivated to play the game but stay in it regardless. Fixate on multball in a singleball setup. Fakeclaim tpr or open wolf.

As any alignment, make unbelievable fake claims and fake guilties. If you still have any credibility left after doing it numerous times, you’re doing it wrong.

Only post in ALLCAPS, spam the thread with annoying pictures and talk about anything unrelated to the game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 13, RadiantCowbells wrote:You open your role PM.

Mafia Goon
”.

Your eyes drift down to your partners. The resident D1 lynch; the guy who, yesterday, was unbanned after “unspecified CoC violations”; and someone with 3 total posts named “SuccDragon” who does not even have a profile picture. In that moment you consider just subbing out. This cannot be worth it. Glancing at your inbox you cringe as you see a series of PMs from a Flake Moderator inquiring about your recent string of substitutions. You remember that you are on your final warning. Do you risk it? Is a three months signup ban worth dodging this trainwreck?
That's perfect setup - you can just bus all 3 without any regrets and take your free win
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by Wisdom »

sadly being rc will get him copped at some point

its the only thing that keeps me from hyperbussing everyone
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Ramcius »

But when you see team as RC described, there no way they will survive, so best course of action is get as much towncred from bussing them as you can and buy time to find cop and kill him with anyone else who can actually get you lynched.

Also, it's good thing that most of us aren't RC
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 18, Ramcius wrote:But when you see team as RC described, there no way they will survive, so best course of action is get as much towncred from bussing them as you can and buy time to find cop and kill him with anyone else who can actually get you lynched.

RC needs to post under secret alts. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 19, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 18, Ramcius wrote:But when you see team as RC described, there no way they will survive, so best course of action is get as much towncred from bussing them as you can and buy time to find cop and kill him with anyone else who can actually get you lynched.

RC needs to post under secret alts. :lol:
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

SuccDragon sounds like the partner you'll feel is obvscum the whole game but town keeps giving the benefit of the doubt to and then gets a stroke of luck with night actions playing out in a way that makes them looks better and people write them off and ignore them the rest of the game
deranged and incoherent
?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:37 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 21, Raskolnikov wrote:SuccDragon sounds like the partner you'll feel is obvscum the whole game but town keeps giving the benefit of the doubt to and then gets a stroke of luck with night actions playing out in a way that makes them looks better and people write them off and ignore them the rest of the game
Fun memories:

This was what our roleblocker posted d3 when amrock(mulch) and I were bussing that slot, then town TR'd them for lord only knows what reason then amrock and I were like
:P
(it was their one and only post the entire day phase too)
xXxCreepyJokerxXx wrote:I have been feeling sick the last two days, and still not feeling great.

I hate being forced to solo in this scenario, I am almost certain that my partner has given up reading this game, and I don't really blame them. Its way too active for my liking, and I am really not used to activity. So sorry about not posting at all yesterday.

I don't feel well right now, so I won't write out a list of reads. Honestly, the safest lynch is myself, and I understand that well enough.

VOTE: XxxCreepyJokerXxx

Me living to Lylo is going to happen at this rate. If that occurs, its more or less an instant loss.

Sorry that I haven't been too active at all. Probably not going to be able to make any posts of 'Substance' before EoD, so may as well just get on my wagon. Better earlier than later I guess

- Creeps
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Ramcius »

-selfvote
-newbie card
-AtE

This man was a pro for manipulating town like this with just 1 post :lol:
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I find that a "failed bus" can work wonders in that sort of situation (when one member of the scumteam is perceived as weak / new / an obvious D1 lynch). The scumteam I was on once easily won a game when one member of the 4p scumteam was drawing suspicion early; two of us (including me) started bussing them fairly hard, the remaining member defending them fairly hard. Eventually everyone concluded that the player in question was town and the player that scum were trying to mislynch (and only became more sure of it when I got vigged and flipped scum).

I'd love to take the credit for this, but it wasn't my idea; I'm not sure whether someone else on the scumteam actively planned it (we didn't have daytalk, so it was hard to know about such things), or whether it just sort-of happened by coincidence.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”