Do you remember people for their best or worst games?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Do you remember people for their best or worst games?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by chennisden »

Also, when you think of yourself do you remember your best or worst games?

Personally I remember the best because

1) it makes me feel better about myself
2) it is easier to emulate your good play than just have a not comprehensive list of what play you cant do

Of course I still remember bad games and learn from them. Mini 2076 I started much more reasonable and with smaller stances that I pushed around. I think I played bad in that game anyway, but it was better than average.

I remember other people, quite egotistically, for what they did in my best games. Though I choose to focus on their strengths. For example Open 755 and rosterfoster's play. At the end of the day I either refused to be on Chemist or begrugdindgly did it because roster openwolfed. I was also the only one pushing his lynch D1 except for Fuscosco who was bussing. But people refused to lynch rosterfoster despite him openwolfing and the impression I got was: he gets away with openwolfing very well. It took a hero cop for people to come around realizing that he was scum and he even had a lot of success convincing people I was lying, despite me being obvtown and claiming first. (A lot of success is relative to the situation because EoD it would always be a roster lynch.)

I also remember Irrelephant11 asked me why I copped him since he was so obvious scum to me. My initial response was that "you wouldn't have listened to me and I needed to make sure he was scum." In hindsight this isn't exactly why. It was because roster could get away with openwolfing without being lynched for a long time, similar to my slot in Gameshow Mafia and ultimately that can help win a game for scum. That's just one example of underrating people, where postgame focused on "zomg BuJ worst hyrda op" rather than "wow scum did this well"

I notice that a lot of people like to call certain players with reputations trash or overrated and that some also like to call the entire site bad. I think this is because some people focus on the worst games of people and I don't think this is healthy long term. (I remember that a
certain
banned player who was terrible for site health also chose to call everyone bad and remembered the worst games of other people.)

What do you think of when a player comes to mind? Their best games or their worst? Interested to hear your thoughts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If someone does something memorable I'll remember it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

The best, of course. It’s statistically more likely for a given player to fuck up than not.
Call me whatever you want...
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

all of my 2-3 games were absolute trainwrecks so
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I remember the most memorable games. Those might not be the best or worst.

For example, one game I bussed my entire scumteam and eventually won with a quickhammer in 3p lylo. I probably could and should have done better, but it was (just about) good enough in the circumstances, so it wasn't really my best or worst game, but it was pretty memorable.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

link please that sounds ridiculous
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

The game thread is here. I was a late replacement, though, so wasn't there for much of the game; it's up to you how much of it you want to read.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”