Mods who manually count votes in their games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh poor chennisden
He’s never played with Titus before
I pity him
GTKAS
| here.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by chennisden »

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 24, chennisden wrote:vca can be beaten by rarely voting and scum can get away with that ez ez
This
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 24, chennisden wrote:vca can be beaten by rarely voting and scum can get away with that ez ez

vca can really only "townclear" a few players and even then there's always that 1 scum that u clear
VCA was a good starting off point back in the day, but then players began to rely on it too much and act as if it was infallible.

I used to intentionally manipulate VCA by not voting with my partners / having all of us vote as a bloc. And I know I'm not the only person that did that.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That's why VCA is not strong unless you have reason to believe a specific moment is alignment indicative
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 am

Post by kuribo »

I always found it great for finding aborted busses, but that doesn't require a deep dive into the VCA
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 12, Alisae wrote:Or imagine playing with me and using this votecounter and you type VOTE: Alisea
Well guess what now your vote doesn’t get counted
MathBlade’s tool would detect typos to my knowledge (I remember this being a feature)
Back when I used an automated counter (of my own design), I had it alert me to any votes that weren't for a correctly-spelled player, so that I could decide what they meant manually.

It broke a while back and nowadays I just vote-count manually rather than spending time on fixing it. (Part of the reason I wrote it in the first place was to votecount a 50p, and I don't run games that large.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 0, momo wrote:Why?

There is at least one automatic option.
I'd have to do it manually anyway to make sure the automatic option is accurate, so automatic is actually more work.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Korina »

I personally manually count VCs because it's really enjoyable for me to just scroll through the thread and see what's going on with players.
Plus, with the way how I'm trying to start modding, (including flavor for all parts of the game), manually counting the votes gives me hints about who I should be writing a death flavor for.

Person A said they think Person B is scum, and a couple of people are voting them? Odds are they'll probably be the lynch, so I start working on their death flavor.
People started wagoning Person C instead? Guess I'll start working on their death flavor instead, but good thing I have Person B's flavor already done if I need it!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Korina »

The same thing is true for any killing roles in the games I mod. For example, in CK9++, when I saw the mafia start talking about who they should kill, I started writing a flavor for who they were discussing.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 33, Korina wrote:Plus, with the way how I'm trying to start modding, (including flavor for all parts of the game), manually counting the votes gives me hints about who I should be writing a death flavor for.

Person A said they think Person B is scum, and a couple of people are voting them? Odds are they'll probably be the lynch, so I start working on their death flavor.
People started wagoning Person C instead? Guess I'll start working on their death flavor instead, but good thing I have Person B's flavor already done if I need it!
This
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”