Role Idea: Egomaniac Cop

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Role Idea: Egomaniac Cop

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Titus »

A cop that vanillaizes everyone he checks.

I think this prevents town from getting powerful PRs as clear but still creates good incentive for using the cop. This role can appear as scum too, even in single ball. The scum wouldn't need the cop portion but it excuses the vanillaizer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I like it. A big PR heavy game could easily find a niche for it. Someone’s gonna get salty from being vanillaized, but that’s just how it goes.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by chennisden »

Would it vanillize scum
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by chennisden »

And does this occur
before
or
after
everyone else does stuff?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2, chennisden wrote:Would it vanillize scum
In post 3, chennisden wrote:And does this occur
before
or
after
everyone else does stuff?
Yes, unless the appropriate modifiers were added. A loyal/disloyal version could only hit town. The problem is such a modifier suggests the alignment of the cop.

As for NAR, I would resolve it at investigations not vanillaizers. However, until the role gets wide acceptance, this should be noted on the role card. I could see mods resolving as a vanillaizer. Whichever way the mod resolves it, the mod should be consistent for all alignments.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

"Bad Cop" or "torturer" is a snappy name and a flavor fit: cop uses rough tactics which demonstrate the player's innocence but traumatizes them to the point they won't leave the house.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 4, Titus wrote:As for NAR, I would resolve it at investigations not vanillaizers.
NAR doesn't work like that; if one ability affects another, it always resolves first, regardless of the position on the list. As such, the role would necessarily resolve before the role it affected, except in the case of a roleblocker loop or the like. So moving this role on the list would have basically no effect under NAR.

You could change this by rewording the role to say "vanillaizes at the end of the Night" or similar (or by using an action resolution framework based on different principles).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Spangled »

Egomaniacal could just be a role modifier; Egomaniacal Cop, Egomaniacal Doctor, Egomaniacal SK, etc.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 7, Spangled wrote:Egomaniacal could just be a role modifier; Egomaniacal Cop, Egomaniacal Doctor, Egomaniacal SK, etc.
In a utopia I guess you would just list the effects of the targeted action, and every role ever is visitor + however many effects it has. Jailkeeper is Roleblocker Doctor. Egomaniacal Cop is Vanillizer Cop. You could have a Vanillizer Doctor. You could have a Vanillizer Doctor Watcher. You can't have a Vigilante Doctor, you kind of thwart your own purposes. But you can have a Vigilante Watcher. So on and so on.
The OP's statement that Vanillizer Cop is one of the more interesting combinations is likely true, similar to how Roleblocker Doctor is one of the better combinations.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5, The Fonz wrote:"Bad Cop" or "torturer" is a snappy name and a flavor fit: cop uses rough tactics which demonstrate the player's innocence but traumatizes them to the point they won't leave the house.
I like this name improvement. Torturing Cop has a ring to it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 6, callforjudgement wrote:You could change this by rewording the role to say "vanillaizes at the end of the Night" or similar (or by using an action resolution framework based on different principles).
If I use this, I will likely include this. It's more thematic as the torture occurs during the investigation.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Mafia Discussion”