How do you manage so many games?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

How do you manage so many games?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Seriously, when I'm in one it feels like it takes up all my brainspace. Rereading can take a few hours. And some people here will be posting regularly in a whole bunch of games at once and finding time to meta read other players, all while having jobs and the like. Are there any tricks to it or is it just an experience thing?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I know some people that actually log in the forum in the calm moments on work and i guess that's some extra time to post/read games but i don't think that's what it's about tbh

I think that experience will make you read posts intentions easier (sometimes i just skim wall posts looking for what i consider the "important" parts and ignore the rest more or less, although i'm not really "experienced").

About meta reads, meta'ing other players takes up as much time as you put effort into it? You can "meta" a player in 30 or less minutes looking in a couple games ISO quickly or you can put at least the very least 4 hours in my experience to take at least some 4 recent games (2 town vs 2 scum), analyze more carefully their posts, what was the game temperature/direction in each of the posts made, etc. (There is better meta-ing methods but this is the unique one i'm able to do and when i do it the results are ok enough).

Posting regularly is also something very relative? I'm a hyperposting player most of the time and that yes takes most of the free time on mafiascum i have, but there's also people that posts regularly but not that much. Rereading isn't something that a lot of people do in my experience too unless the situation calls for it, I think maybe if you need to keep re:reading, you would rather try to note down somewhere important posts (or even in your own ISO/post) to look at after.

But yeah, nowadays i like more to focus on at maximum 2 games but if i was to tone down in my usual post level/count, i think it would be pretty ok to be in a bunch of games at the same time. It's hard to focus in all of them though.

Idk how long your posts are too. Short posting makes it way way easier to be in more games than wall posts/analytic posts or other similar playstyles.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 0, Mizzytastic wrote:Seriously, when I'm in one it feels like it takes up all my brainspace. Rereading can take a few hours. And some people here will be posting regularly in a whole bunch of games at once and finding time to meta read other players, all while having jobs and the like. Are there any tricks to it or is it just an experience thing?
The simple answer is don’t read anything. :shifty:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

at one point i juggled classes, a relationship, team sports and managed to be in almost 30 games at once.

now i can't handle like 5.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”