Blood on the Clocktower

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Blood on the Clocktower

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Wasn't sure where would be the best place to post about this so I've posted it in both Mish Mash and Mafia but is there anyone interested in playing a game of Blood on the Clocktower

For those of you who don't know, Blood on the Clocktower is similar to Mafia in many ways with the whole Night phase, doing actions/Day phase lynching someone

The differences make it a much better game though:
1) If you die you're still in the game, you may still talk to people but you have limited functions (ei can't use any powers, can't nominate anyone and may only vote once for the rest of the game)
2) You may have private conversations with players, including dead players but cannot do so once nominations are open
3) The mod may lie, there are some roles in the game which make players Drunk/Poisoned a player who has one of these effects on them might get fake results from the mod
4) Everyone has a role and all of them are important in their own rights, theres no 1 important role, all potential roles are displayed at the start of the game but there's no way of knowing which roles are/aren't in the game

I'll probably run this over Discord as it's most convenient for myself and notifications

Comment below if you're interested and I'll get something sorted out if there's enough interest and in the meantime I'll write up a full rules for the game
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The Whole General Sort of Mish Mash wrote:This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
I don't think this is as hard to figure out as you're making it out to be.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Without even seeing any of the roles, I'd be very shocked if this game wasn't completely breakable for town.

The private communication thing works... enough in ToS and ToL because there isn't much time to talk things through and the roles are hard to confirm (plus balance is around the game not being too easy to just solve mechanically every game), but this just breaks apart when there is more of an ability to abuse it since that just breaks the game for town if they are at all competent.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Whilst I haven't played this online, I've played the game quite a few times IRL and it does work for private conversations, there is a limited time for the private conversations and once we're back in a group setting there's a restriction on the conversations
Also in terms of the role list, there's no roles that give 100% good guy/bad guy, each role has a minor function within the village

After work ill grab the role list and post it here so people can see
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798

Return to “Mafia Discussion”