Theme Game Ideas: Treasure Hunting?!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Theme Game Ideas: Treasure Hunting?!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So, I like making Mafia games.

I want to make a Mafia game, but also include a new system. You know that one Kirby SNES game where you're hunting for different treasures, and they each have their own value?

I'd like to make a large theme game where the player teams have to look for and find each treasure (I have a tiny IMG of each of the 50(?) treasures). The problem is trying to format it to "flow" with the idea of searching for treasure. I don't have too many options, but I do have PTs. For example I could give each team/player a Night action to hunt for treasure, have them pick and area, and then have them pick between 3-10 areas to search in (PTs). Then they could either just take the treasure, have to solve a puzzle, or, if another player or more target the same treasure they can compete for it. Still working on that.

Thing is, I don't know if I want Scum teams, multiple Town-aligned treasure-hunting teams, or both. I'm worried if the focus is too much on hunting treasure there won't be enough focus on hunting Scum. I could give Scum and maybe some Townies the ability to steal treasure, and then make other roles based around searching for treasure, etc.

I'd like to hear your ideas.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:28 am

Post by chennisden »

Alternatively: Have town treasure guardians and scum are trying to find it. Finding it gives scum, oh I dunno, some kills or whatever. Or invest immunity for X nights or whatever.

Definitely has to be a large theme.

Make sure the locations are memorable too, don't just have a grid and say "Oh, you want to search 5C??"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

It sounds pretty perpendicular to mafia, have you considered doing large social games? They do stuff like this a lot as I understand.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”