My mammoth AIM game - Town VS Vampires

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

My mammoth AIM game - Town VS Vampires

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 11:39 pm

Post by MMCL »

Hi all,

I have had several requests for this so please find below my initial setup.
I have never modded on mafiascum before and in fact, have only modded a few real life games (on Saturday just gone!!) so I was a bit nervous and made a couple of mistakes - thanks guys for bearing with me - but I think that was because the speed of the chat made it difficult to keep up (11 players arguing on Day 1 for nearly an hour - and then for some reason Trillian, my AIM client, didnt want me to cut and paste any more).
AIM mafia is fun - and not all games last this amount of time - but it certainly was different to how people play in the forum.
I would like to thank everyone who played - you all did a mighty job. And I am glad you all had fun.
- MMCL

SETUP

11 PLAYERS PLAYED AS:

Mafia group ONE:
2 LEAD VAMPIRES (Played by WillowsWeep and Narninian)
- Could recruit or kill on alternate nights

1 LONE VAMPIRE (Played By GnomeItAll) - equivalent to a SK
- Could only kill each night

1 VAMPIRE SLAYER (Played by Otaku)
- Could investigate each night, if a vampire was found, then Otaku would slay the vampire
- Had an automatic +1 protection against vampires (explained later)

6 TOWNIES (Played by MPS, Dourgrim, unsan (replaced during last night by greyhound), Yomi, Jolle, Drummer?)

1 DOC (Played by Nanook?)

Apologies for names I am not sure of it was late for me, and I didnt keep my notes...:(

Additional NOTES:
The two LEAD vampires have the ability to recruit each night - but only if one of the original LEAD vampires is still alive. They could discuss each night with themselves and any minions they had recruited.

During each night the mafia group had to give me the names of the vampires that they were sending on the kill/recruit. Because the slayer had a +1 protection it would have taken them at least 2 vampires to kill the slayer. EG if the doc protected the Slayer then they must send 3 vampires to kill the slayer.

I tried to make it as balanced as possible - the hardest role - I guess, was the slayer :)

Because it was a theme game I was careful with my night/day death scenes to ensure that too much of the story was NOT given away early. Day 3 proved the most interesting with a discussion of possible roles/killing groups and how evil is the mod? questions being raised and answered. LOL - This discussion lasted nearly 90minutes alone.

Only the Slayer and LEAD vampires new of the existence of each other to start, and the multiple killers on one target requirement.

Thanks again everyone :)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:14 am

Post by Norinel »

FWIW, I could've gotten in that game, if I'd thought I could've been around for long enough.

At first glance, that seems pretty weighted against the town, except for the super flying pumpkin.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:21 am

Post by MMCL »

LOL... With two vamp killing groups and the ability to recruit for one of them, I thought the town needed bolstering in some way.

Perhaps the slayer shouldnt have had the extra protection, but instead one of the townies should have become a 2nd Doc?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:16 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Indeed, it was a little hard to balance...it didn't hurt that I nailed vampires 3 nights in a row...ego trip...

Return to “Mafia Discussion”