fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Noraa »

Paragon
1/8/21
Noraa
MURDERCAT
As I do with all my noms, I send the person a message asking for a few games that I can look at but then I suddenly realized, I don't even need to do that for Murder. I've been in WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many games with him so here we go writing this nom fully based off my memory(which can be wack af sometimes but shh go away) I first met Murder in Roses. I remember being terribly paranoid that he was pocketing me because how could someone seem this blatantly townie?! If my memory isn't shit that was his first game back on site after a long hiatus and he was nk'ed night 1. From there I had a huuuuge chain of games with him with him showing extreme levels of obvtown-ness and solving in every single one. We had Death Curse where I death wolfed like hell and he was one of the first few to be like "Pooky I think it's Noraa." This resulted in the rest of town thinking about it and being like "hmmm maybe he's right" At the end it was a 1v1 grand finale MurdervNoraa and he managed to convince all of town that I was the deep wolf, not him. Even the specs thought that I would win this 1v1 as shown here, here, and here but Murder heard their prayers somewhere, somehow, obvtowned, and won the entire game for town. Then came student council where Murder was, again, very obvtown as shown by his placement in the council both days meaning he was the most UTR player in the entire list(he was the only person that made it onto the council both days) With the assistance of town, Murder managed to snag a scum lim(even tho I was tunneling in on town) and scum conceeded that very night. Most recent was Pooky v Flava where murder wasn't his normal levels of obvtown(because he needed to stay low since he was a mason) but he knew I was scum on day 1. Everyone else in the game didnt even consider that as a possibility until much much later in the game. I realize Pooky V Flava literally ended first day of 2021 so it kinda doesnt qualify but its really close enough especially because it ended by scum concession which could've happened earlier if the suggestion was accepted by all of the scum team just a day earlier. HA I WAS FASTER THAN HECTIC. HA
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Noraa »

ty for the page top ^^
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Hectic »

Paragon
08/01/2021
Don't let the cute flareon in his avatar deceive you, this cat is absolutely terrifying. Since his return earlier this year, he's been going around the site solving game after game, and MURDERing scum after scum... he's won 9/12 town games in 2020.

He has the ability to effortlessly obvtown at will, being only mislaunched
once
this year, and that being in a game where he nailed scum on day 1 anyway. His playstyle is incredibly transparent and active, and he's constantly posting his thoughts in-thread and pushing the game forward, while articulating them in a way which spews him as town and helps others solve and find the scummers.

In Death Curse, he was the LAST CAT STANDING of 20 players, which is a testament to his ability to obvtown and avoid all mislaunches. He consistently pushed scum throughout the game, and drove town to a victory. He has creative powers of persuasion, where he convinces someone of the last remaining scum using a fun minigame.

In Pooky V. Flava, his reads were once again on-point. Entering day 2 with a concise and eloquent case describing exactly why Polar Bear Express - a universal townread at the time, was scum.

In Student Council, he solved the game in a hood overnight, scumcasing both of the delinquents.

Great Idea Mafia was a game he replaced into, shortly obvtowning his slot and helping MURDERCAT both remaining anti-towns, sealing the win.

MURDERCAT
may not be the biggest sole driving force for town every game, but he's always one of the two or three strongest townies that are pivotal to the win. He obvtowns, PoEs scum down, and wins. Rinse and repeat.
If his alignment is ever in question, he can easily towncase himself. If the game needs solving, he'll comply, using VCA and analysis. He's often ISO-diving, never allowing an important slip or vote from a previous day phase to be forgotten. He'll use all the information he has at his disposal to find scum without fail.

If I was scum up against
MUDERCAT
in a game and I was making a threat-level tier list in the scum PT,
MURDERCAT
would be a MURDERous high level threat. He's never getting mislaunched and he'll inevitably find us, or just lock enough towns to
MURDERCAT
us via PoE; he's not someone you can just leave around for long.
A Paragon that strikes fear into scum's hearts... a
MURDERCAT
Last edited by Hectic on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

:o

thanks friends :]
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 345, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Rising Star
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Dkkoba Names on the List
Bending
BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me
Betrayal Mafia I

Quite frankly, Dkkoba has a presence and an ability to push through momentum at a high level. They say they have an extensive Chat Mafia background, and while I can tell it's an extremely Chat Mafia playstyle, it's clear Dkkoba knows how to play Mafia. In Names on the List, they were the only player correctly scum reading scum at the end of the game, and even stopped and realized that the tunnel they were in was in fact just that, a tunnel. They were able to see the game, and call out 2 of the 3 scum when nobody else was really considering us (yes, they correctly had me pegged as scum at the end).

In Bending, I was scum partners with Dkkoba, and Almost50 and I felt as if we had to try and defend Dkkoba, but Dkkoba was able to prove invaluable to victory, as both them and I ended up as the top 2 posters in the game, and our Day 2, we were able to completely control the game. They even got themselves out of a guilty on Day 3, and faded the counterclaim all while simultaneously setting up a deep pocket on another player, which ultimately lead to Dkkoba's eventual death causing that player to be misfaded from the associations.

Dkkoba had a Hero Replace in to a game over 200 pages in A Little Boonie Told Me, and their slot was one of the possible misfades. They came into the game and was the first person to call out the correct solve of the remaining 2 scum. While Day 6 they were pushing the wrong slot, the no fade followed by a kill, they were able to correctly come to the right conclusion and vote YdrasseScum in final 3 alongside Klick.

They understand balance far greater than most players who've been here about the same time, and understand what the optimal choices are to make as town. I'm sure there are many more games I'm missing, but even in my small sample size with Dkkoba, I can tell they deserve the nom. When I looked at the other Rising Star candidates, Dkkoba definitely deserves to be up there alongside them.
Thanks!!
I'd also wanna add my performances in Video Game Metal Covers micros(idr what it was called exactly, gamma was mod) and open 799 chosen mafia where i solo won
(Just want to add those since im more proud of those wins :oops:)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

^^ can back up both of those, koba scared the shit out of us in metal covers
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 am

Post by joqiza »

Hi, not sure how nominations/voting work for this (bit of a newbie to the site) but I'd like to second the nominations I saw for Ydrasse and DkKoba for Rising Star.

Ydrasse played very well as town cop in Newbie 2003. I was mafia that game, and she was easily the greatest threat to my faction. She was universally townread and hid well D1. I actually thought that I'd pocketed her, but she turned around and cop checked me N1. Also, not sure if this is relevant to the nominations or anything, but worth noting Ydrasse also played a forum game with me on my homesite, EpicMafia. There she was a strong member of the town, and was killed by mafia N1 since they didn't think they'd be able to push on her.

DkKoba has played well in each game I've seen them in. I mostly play with them on my homesite EpicMafia but I've had some good games with them here too. In CultD3 Koba and I hydra'd together and we did pretty well, finding and lynching the cult leader on D2 with the help of a great town. Outside of that, I've mostly played with them this year on EM, but I can say that they've played great in every game I've played on that site even if it's not directly relevant to these awards. They are a strong mechanical player and have an aggressive style that's useful for generating reactions.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Hectic »

Rising Star
08/01/21
You ever been in a game of mafia, playing scum and just doing your own thing, when someone flies in, hard VIBECHECKS you, and catches you? That was Ydrasse.

I first encountered her in a frosty newbie game. She had this almost wallposty style, where'd she just do a stream of consciousness spew into the thread. Her tone and thoughts were incredibly obvtown, and she was a universal-townread for the game's duration. Her posts were fun, analytical, and made her thought processes very clear. We won on day 2.

Next up, I got to witness her first game outside of the newbie queue - allow me tell you the tale of the
cruise
upon the Anuket Topaz:

During day 1 on the deck, she was once again a UTR, voting and helping push scum to walk the plank. This game had a white flag mechanic, meaning town just had to launch 2 of the 3 scum members to win. On day 2, Ydrasse enters with a confident scumcase on scum, having already solved the voyage. Unfortunately, town underestimate her powers and fail to sheep her, mislaunching on days 2 and 3 against Ydrasse's wishes.
Day 4 rolls around and it's the deciding launch of the game. There's only a few slots that are no longer conftown, and Ydrasse is coming under some heat. Scum chose to throw Titus overboard on night 3 - who had Ydrasse as her top scumread the previous day. Scum's plan here is to frame Ydrasse and have her be the final mislaunch.
But she doesn't let this deter her. Using her obvtowny vibes, she fights, and fights, and FIGHTS.
Finally
, she's smacked town into shape and obvtowned despite scum's best efforts to set her up. She hammers the scum she originally scumcased back on day 2, sealing a brilliant win where she had to fight not only the scum, but the town too.

You might be wondering why anyone was even considering scumreading a newbie straight out of the newbie queue with towny posts like that. Well...
Shortly before this, she played her first scumgame. She powerwolfed, being universally townread for the entire duration, winning a solo victory while not even receiving a single serious vote past RVS. Those vibes can be scary too...

PookyVFlava, BoardGames, and Boonie also had excellent performances from Ydrasse. They've been expanded on elsewhere though, so I'll skip over the details.
Mini Normal 2175 is an example of how much of a strong threat Ydrasse already is. As a VT, she places scum as her top scumread on day 1, and is brutally murdered night 1 as a result. Epilogue is also a testament to this, where scum decided to use their only kill to snipe Ydrasse's pair during the intermission phase.

Ydrasse isn't all about obvtownspew and transparent walls though; her vibecheck is also one of the deadliest tools in her arsenal. E.g: Menalque didn't pass the vibecheck... he was scum. Bell failed the vibecheck... he was scum, etc.
At this rate, I only expect Ydrasse's VIBES to rise in strength, so, if you ever feel vibes waft through your vicinity, be very wary of whether they're hers, and just
pray
she's on the same team as you.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

no more noms.
noms no more.