Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Noraa »

Dang aristo really went all in O_O
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 305, Alisae wrote:does ydra even have a rising star nom yet
or gloria
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. :P
In post 321, Noraa wrote:
In post 320, Flavor Leaf wrote:Gloria actually specifically called out Ydrasse as full vig too.
I also tried to hard persuade the rest of my buddies to kill her > DT.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Rising Star
1/6/21
Flavor Leaf
Ydrasse
I didn't know of Ydrasse until I returned after a half year break, and when I came back, I found out.

Boardgames I was doing my thing, came in, Vig shot scum, went deep analysis mode, and Ydrasse coasted nicely with a doctor claim, and avoided the general solve plan. As this solve plan started to weaken, and after PookyPartner went down, Ydrasse was able to be perfectly positioned to kill the night and secure victory, almost from the backseat.

Pooky vs FL Ydrasse played very well here. As a vig, she shot the LHF slot who quickhammered, taking away a misfade option. Even without claiming vig, Ydrasse was able to come across as incredibly townie, and had strong reads, and forced themselves to be nightkilled over Masons after she claimed. She shot another misfade possibility in Toogelo, which lead to a concession of the scum team.

BTXIV: A Little Boonie Told Me After a rough beginning, and a scum partner going down Day 1, and another partner getting guiltied thereafter, Ydrasse and her partners managed to position themselves, and even in a losing effort, Ydrasse was able to get to Day 7 in the final 3. There was a time in this game that it looked like town was going to run scum over, but after the bus on their guiltied partner, they were able to get into an 8player complete reset, allowing the game to almost start over as a Micro Game.

Ydrasse is also modding games, and she's only going to continue becoming stronger.

Game of the Year
1/6/2021 Flavor Leaf Krazy Animals Upick This was likely my favorite game all year. I always enjoy Krazy's games, and they are essentially the only Upick's I play. We were allowed to choose from any type of animal, mythical or real, and the abilities that were given to correspond to each was fantastically setup. Prior to this, Krazy's Anime Upick was my favorite Upick, and it wasn't a question. Now I have 2 up for that title.

This game had insanely fun day phases, strong town play, and ended in an amazing final 3. There were a lot of cool things, scum even got double guiltied from a role that could target 2 people to see if they are aligned. I was so inspired from this game, I ended up writing a scum guide based on the play by play of this game because I was thinking about the game so much.

This is the type of game that makes you excited for the next type of Upick by the mod.

Mad Scientist
1/6/2021 Flavor Leaf Borkjerfkin Xenoblade II Mafia This game had awesome mechanics. Every role was one of 4 types: Driver/Blade/Driver+Blade/Special. The setup revolved around Drivers targeting Blades during the first part of the night, then they get to meet up during the night. Blades got empowered by Drivers and were able to use abilities if Driven to. There was a lot of effort put into building this game.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Kodak Moment
06/01/2021
I'd nom shellyc but no.
Basically, Shelly did a fake dayvig on Ydrasse (who ended up being the last living scum bringing the game to ELo) and normally it's like "whatever, that's a fake dayvig :roll:
BUT BOONSKIIES, oh fuck I love this guy! Boonskiies' finger "slipped" and the thread was locked for an extremely short amount of time. It was amazing! XD
It led to this goddamn masterpiece of a meme that I laughed at for a good couple of hours and Ydrasse proclaimed laughing at a whole day later!
Honestly one of the funniest succession of posts based around a fake dayvig I've seen in a longtime XD

Paperback Writer
06/01/2021
The writing in this game was amazing!
Boonskiies combined prewritten posts (for VC flavour) and his own writing of this girl's diary and really made the character come to life. He was asked mid game if he could finish writing it even if the game ended early because people wanted to have the story! I mean, I preinned the game when I saw the Game Ad "complete original flavor from the imaginative and depressive diary of fictional character, Little Boonie" because the flavour looked like it would be really good, and I knew Boonskiies would deliver, and he absolutely did!

There are some quirks in the writing that make it feel like Little Boonie wrote it. There are details, like the off hand self-correction about having one less mason jar but with no elaboration, that make her feel real. There's little things like the stream of thought writing that comes in a diary, the naivety of a young girl, the occasional mistakes that one would make in an unproofread diary, just little things that make it really feel that much more authentic.

I really wonder what Wonderland smells like.

That was a goddamn moment!
It just, it's exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a diary like this, but at the same point, it is something I would never think to include if I were trying to character build like this. It was really impressive work!

Some of the quotes that got me:
I always get super excited any time I get the urge to dress up
I’m a hopeful optimist. Unfortunately, it’s hard to stay optimistic when you’ve run out of hope.
I don’t think I’m the best at being funny, that was another thought I had, and I switched from that thought without having a proper segue to the other thought, but I thought that thought—eh, you get it, moving on.
My parents said I shouldn’t have sugar, though. I forget if I’ve told you that already. I forget a lot of things, who I’ve told what to, what I did what with and who.
(Though honestly all of Chapter 5 just sat a little too close to home. I feel like I know this person)
Not a quote but the eggnog introspection is really good
The handle starts to hurt my hand because it’s broken, kinda like my soul. I’m half-kidding, don’t worry. Little Boonie!!! :cry:
The dryer done did a dirty, and won’t work anymore, kinda like me, because I am broken. Oh well. :cry: :cry:

And do you want to know the best part? The absolute thing that makes this nom complete? Well the story didn't finish. It didn't "happy ending" when the town won. Because that's not how this works.
It was a snapshot of this girl's life and it started and ended the same way. There wasn't a thing that set off her depression. There wasn't a "get better" clause. No. It was just, there. She was just there. We got to experience her thoughts for the short time we were in the game. It was beautiful.

Thank you, Boonskiies, for this amazing writing! I can't say enough about how good it was!

This game had the majority of its play in 2020 but just ended, so if it is not eligible this year, please transfer these to the 2021 Nominations thread <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 325, Noraa wrote:Dang aristo really went all in O_O
I've slacked throughout the year, so it was time to rectify that XD
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Hectic »

Rising Star
06/01/2021
Hectic shiki
She goes by many names, but one thing is consistent across shiki's games... she has a habit of winning them.
During 2020, shiki has gone 9-4 as town, and 3-2 as mafia.

My first encounter was shiki was in mysterybox hate death spiral. The first sign of her brilliance was when she came into the game with extensive meta prepared on the entire playerlist, which was already going several leaps beyond. But the really unique thing about shiki is that she has these incredibly fun and creative theories that spew her town; no breadcrumb goes unnoticed past her eyes. I realised this when she made this incredible post.

She's had standout performances in every game I've modded that she's joined:
In Lunacy, she took the leap of faith, being the spark that made the werewolves realise that they were actually the town.
In Menagerie, all she needed were animal sounds to confidently nail scum, during a phase where players were post restricted to only post sounds resembling their animal.

Oh, and she has a great scumgame too.
In Normal Blitz II, she played a clean and towny game while she and her scumpartner shamelessly buddied each other. A flawless victory.
In Gacha Mafia, she cleverly finds a loophole to deny town an Innocent Child, and goes on to win a convincing solo scumwin, with the other two in the final 3 crossvoting.

Another really interesting aspect of her play is that she openly hunts PRs as both alignments, but does so in a way where only she picks up on their PRness, since others don't see what she sees. In Chain of Command, as Euphony, she boldly hunts for PRs as scum and SNIPES them, day and night (she also won this game flawlessly).

She's such a unique and interesting player that I could probably keep going on for a while, but I should probably not wallpost
too
hard. Hopefully this gives a good sense of shiki's Ascending Comet status!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Hectic »

Paperback Writer
06/01/2021
I'm in love with the flavour Isis writes, to the point where I just /pre-in to all of her games because of it. The way she she inserts the players into the story she tells, while not revealing anything alignment-wise about them is beautiful, and she makes it look effortless.

The flavour in Undertale S Open in particular resonates with me; I remember looking forward to every flavour post she made just to see what would happen in the narrative she was telling. She even drew out cute pictures of our characters for our role PMs!
The ending was especially amazing. I was the deciding vote in 3p lylo and I finally vote with minutes left on the clock. I wait and refresh a little later and am genuinely spooked by what I see - for a while I thought the thread might've been glitching out with the HEAL: votes edited in lol
I have a nasty habit of sometimes skimming over flavour posts in other games, but the dialogue Isis writes between her characters is so
alive
, and full of charm and wit, that I always read them in full. She even wrote a hilarious alternative ending for the case that town won.
The immersiveness in her storytelling is very dangerous, it's like a black hole.
Last edited by Hectic on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What a write up, Aristo. Thank you. :)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 332, Flavor Leaf wrote:What a write up, Aristo. Thank you. :)
You earned it my friend <3
- Jingle
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Right, so any games that finish before the January 8th deadline will officially be accepted as a 2020 Nomination.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 318, Aristophanes wrote:
Post of the Year
05/01/2021
This nom is probably going to get vetoed but it was a great post for so many reasons!
In post 199, mastina wrote:
Goodfellas
?Post of the year?
12/20/2020
OkaPoka
mastina
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.

I unironically want to make this as a nomination for whatever category it'd fit as. I think it's Post of the Year, since I believe the ruling is that Kodak is for mafia games only?
I mean, I support the nomination given that I basically made it myself. :P
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Community Contributer
1/7/2021
OkaPoka
mastina
Jingle
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.

I think mastina's nom is fine as post of the year, but am also shamelessly stealing all of her work to also make it a community contributer nom.
This is a Parachute.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
Datisi's designs for the scummies banners are incredibly stylized and look amazing. I don't believe that it's very well known that Datisi was the one who made them, but I believe that it's worth recognition.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
Caledfwitch put a great deal of effort into graphic design for the new logo, some of which was visible publicly in the logo thread, but much of which wasn't. That deserves recognition.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

The Modfather
1/8/2021 Ydrasse Hectic I think that most people can recognize that what Hectic does with his games is special. It’s one thing to run a game and run it well, but some just have a special spark to them — for him, it’s not just one game but all of them.

Kill Switch was simple in concept, but a strong start to modding. What happens when you give everyone’s life the value of one button press, and that button thrown into the hands of the town to deal with? Kill Switch happens! And what a good first showing for town in this game, neatly beating the scum. Better yet is an introduction to the quirky sort of flavor that Hectic likes to include in his games, fun and witty to read and always worth reading. It’s that very spirit that fills his games.

And then Silent Star begins. A saga of games each with their own unique mechanics that tempt you with their mystery beforehand and terrify you when you’re within them. Lunacy, the first installation, does what everyone has always wanted: everyone is a wolf... or so they think. Cleverly, he flavored everyone as wolves and that alone caused tension in spades. Everyone thought they were the scum team! Everyone wanted to guide the game to their wincon. It was the bravery of the players taking the plunge into the concept firsthand to figure it out, but watching up until that point is a delight. And in the end, it was so very much worth it for that moment of realization about the game, and how his simple twist on it made it that fun. With great and immersive flavor for those involved again!

Menagerie goes a bit off the rails in comparison. Who in their right mind thinks a mod would only let players post in animal sounds? A player in Hectic’s game should. Animal sounds at the beginning as players fight to communicate, only to end up free to speak their minds and do as they please... until the lover pairs and treestumps are introduced to us all, a twist that truly no one could expect as six players fought for the right to survive. It sounds crazy, but somehow it worked; never once did it feel like the setup was a poor amalgamation, but each part of it flowed into the next with an ease that made it a truly enjoyable experience.

He wasn’t done there. The latest Silent Star game, Royalty, was muted at first. All vanilla town trying to scumhunt, a mysterious wedding in the backdrop. Nothing that seems as wild as the other two... until the reveal. Nearly half the game made up of conspirators fighting to keep every single person alive for fear of an instant loss, while all the town were unaware. Under their noses, a grand conspiracy, and then what happens next? They dance! Conspirators shunned into stumps as the town coordinated itself following the aftermath, while those still in on it tried hard to evade the hammer and infiltrate the dancing pairs to keep themselves safe. Two dearly loved concepts in mafia games, and yet again he managed to combine them.

And finally, who could forget it. A contender for Game of the Year, filled with so many moments that it’s hard to keep track. A spectator thread filled to the brim with people following. Thousands of posts from several players and 400 pages of content. Almost everyone’s heard of Death Curse in some way, and know what an amazingly unique game it was beyond the simplistic mechanics of passing a death-scroll after an elimination to players. It’s hard to explain why, but this game is the rare sort that comes around only once in a blue moon. Hectic’s hard work in running it and writing some truly amazing stories for flavor this one only served to make it all the more wonderful.

It’s not just that he runs good games to the point that they fill within minutes at times; it’s that the games he runs are crafted with a passion that bleeds through every single time that he makes something. Hectic puts his all into making a game good, creating heartfelt flavor, and tinkering with the mechanics just the right way for every single game. It’s never going to be a repeat experience, but it seems impossible that he’s going to run out of ideas to work with. When you join one of his games, you know that you’re going to have a moment in it where you recognize how good it is and how amazing it is that a single person could think it up.

For what is an astounding body of work already that will only continue to grow in time, I can think of no other moderator this year that better exemplifies the Modfather than Hectic.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Alisae »

has anyone nom'd koba for rising star?
GTKAS
| here.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

nope
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Alisae »

also i think a murdercat paragon nom is something that should happen.
ended the year on an 81% winrate with 9/11 games won as town (there was a 12 game but it was a bad idea shea everyone has a gun game so we don't count those)
GTKAS
| here.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

The Modfather
January 8th, 2021 Dr Easy Bake Boonskiies Boonskiies has year after year showed incredible modding prowess.
He has brought you games that have redefined the limits of MafiaScum.

Unparalleled game creation came way in the form of the BooneyToonz saga. This series of seventeen magical games have showcased unbounded creativity.
Two BooneyToonz games were completed this year:
XIII: To Boon or Not To Boon

XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me

They each have incredibly unique roles and flavor, the first being a 21p Role Madness, and the second being a 15p Large Theme.
To Boon or Not To Boon
was a Shakespearean epic brought to life by a dazzling array of selected roles and flavor.
A Little Boonie Told Me
transports you into the world of Little Boonie, your guide to this classic BooneyToonz game.

Contrary to its name, this 17p UPick is not a BooneyToonz game!
UPick: Boon There Done That
is a whole UPick based on the BooneyToonz flavor itself and a celebration of its legacy.

The 8p Micro Shape of Water focuses on the Guillermo Del Toro film of the same name.
If you've played in Boonskiies names, you'll know he's a huge film enthusiast.
He elegantly presents an incredible insight into this beloved film.

In Boon Gets Pretentious, a 9p Mini Normal, we see an emphasis not on flavor directly in the game, but from the mod himself.
Boonskiies adorns the pen name Pretentious to bring you another look inside the mind of your next Modfather through personal commentary.

Boonskiies is the best option for Modfather of 2020.
He has invented a whole new way to mod through his immense creativity and attention to detail.
His games show the best of what we can be doing as mods.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:50 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 341, Alisae wrote:also i think a murdercat paragon nom is something that should happen.
ended the year on an 81% winrate with 9/11 games won as town (there was a 12 game but it was a bad idea shea everyone has a gun game so we don't count those)
Omg it's happening Pooky

Also I shot shelly that game so it should count for something
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Noraa »

God I am so tempted to speed write up a nom rn but I also have class in a hot half hour and all state after school. GAH. what to do.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Rising Star
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Dkkoba Names on the List
Bending
BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me
Betrayal Mafia I

Quite frankly, Dkkoba has a presence and an ability to push through momentum at a high level. They say they have an extensive Chat Mafia background, and while I can tell it's an extremely Chat Mafia playstyle, it's clear Dkkoba knows how to play Mafia. In Names on the List, they were the only player correctly scum reading scum at the end of the game, and even stopped and realized that the tunnel they were in was in fact just that, a tunnel. They were able to see the game, and call out 2 of the 3 scum when nobody else was really considering us (yes, they correctly had me pegged as scum at the end).

In Bending, I was scum partners with Dkkoba, and Almost50 and I felt as if we had to try and defend Dkkoba, but Dkkoba was able to prove invaluable to victory, as both them and I ended up as the top 2 posters in the game, and our Day 2, we were able to completely control the game. They even got themselves out of a guilty on Day 3, and faded the counterclaim all while simultaneously setting up a deep pocket on another player, which ultimately lead to Dkkoba's eventual death causing that player to be misfaded from the associations.

Dkkoba had a Hero Replace in to a game over 200 pages in A Little Boonie Told Me, and their slot was one of the possible misfades. They came into the game and was the first person to call out the correct solve of the remaining 2 scum. While Day 6 they were pushing the wrong slot, the no fade followed by a kill, they were able to correctly come to the right conclusion and vote YdrasseScum in final 3 alongside Klick.

They understand balance far greater than most players who've been here about the same time, and understand what the optimal choices are to make as town. I'm sure there are many more games I'm missing, but even in my small sample size with Dkkoba, I can tell they deserve the nom. When I looked at the other Rising Star candidates, Dkkoba definitely deserves to be up there alongside them.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Master Strategist
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf PlusJoyed Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things PlusJoyed had 3 vigilante shots this game. The first one came after a Day 1 No Elim, and they targeted the same target as the Mafia team. The 2nd one hit a player who was eventually going to be misfaded. There were already 2 conf towns in the game, this vig shot made PlusJoyed the 3rd, however it was the 3rd vig shot on Unwnd, the scum kill that opened up the game, and caused me to be stuck in a situation where I essentially had to concede the game then and there. This was on top of strong overall town play during the game.

Master Strategist
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Insanoflex Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.

White Knight
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Insanoflex Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things I'm going to use the same as my Master Strategist Nom here.
Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.

White Knight
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Klick BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me There were a few great replacements in this game, but I think Klick will take it here. Klick came into this game as a hero replace in, coming in after the game had already been going for many day phases. Their slot was on the verge of being miseliminated, but Klick eventually was able to turn their slot around. They ended up being in a 1v1 at the end of the game with Ydrasse, and they were able to clutch out the victory. Dkkoba had been thinking Klick was scum on Day 6, but come Day 7, with Gypyx's death, Dkkoba was able to see Klick was not the scum in the situation. The sheer fact that Klick was able to go from the obvious fade of a day, and then play the game long enough to see 2 correct scum fades, and be 1 of 2 townies left alive at the end of the game is why they deserve this nom.

Moment of Brilliance
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Alisae and NorwegianBoy [Double the Trouble] PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf
I believe it was Day 4
It was Day 3 when they revealed the 3 masons. Double Trouble hydra took complete control of the game here, specifically Alisae, while Norwegian had the exact scum team pegged. The work they put in that day phase ended with the rest of the game becoming an obvious town victory. While many townies played well, I think Double Trouble hydra was a step ahead of the bunch, and helped set motion the eventual concession of the scum team.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 342, Dr Easy Bake wrote:This series of seventeen magical games
It's actually 19 if you count all 3 of the Boon Wars games. Thanks for the nom even though it made me blush a little.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Alisae »

It was D3 FL and my D3 reads I think were like mostly good
there's a case in the masonry that I had that never got posted :]
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Alisae »

honestly considering how well I've been doing in my past few towngames as town, can't wait to try to shoot for paragon in 2021
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”