lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Scummies Nominations Thread 2020

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

Posts in this thread WILL count toward nominations
Feel free to submit ALL nominations in thread, just make sure you fill out the form linked above.

January 8th, 2021 will be the last day to submit nominations
(expired on 2021-01-09 00:00:00)

Hello!~ And welcome to the 2020 Scummies Nomination thread! Here, you can discuss other nominations with other scummers alike. The awards themselves are handed out during the Winter season of the next year during a ceremony, where we celebrate mafiascum for the year of 2020!

Here is how you can read the chart.

Banner | Award Name | Award Purpose | Body of Work or Individual Game | Group/Individual/Moderator Award.

The Banner: With a reward comes a banner, and here is a preview of what the banner looks like!
Award Name: Usually they're will be some fancy award for the name. Some names for awards might change, but this is what the award is called for the most part or how its refered to.
Award Purpose: This is what the award is awarding.
BoW or Individual Game: Awards that are listed individual game will require a link to 1 game. Those that require a body of work will require 3 games to be included in the write-up.
Group/Individual/Moderator Award: There are 3 types of awards. An individual award, which is rewarded to 1 player, a group award, which is rewarded to 2-5 players, and a moderator award, which rewards either the moderator themselves and/or their co-mod, assuming said co-mod took part in all parts of design of the game and execution of the game itself.

In addition to submitting a nomination, you can also submit an anti-nomination, speaking against a nomination. These will not be listed publicly, but forwarded to the judges who decide to judge.
See the post below on how to nominate someone for a scummy or submit an anti-nom!

The Awards
♩   ♫   ♪
Townplay Awards
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Best Mafia Catcher
Body of Work
Individual Award
This award is awarded to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role. The person who wins this award should have demonstrated the best townplay during the year.
Moment of Brilliance
Best Town Performance
Individual Game
Individual or Group Award
This award is awarded to a group of individuals in a town or a single individual in a town that carried their game and performed the best. These players are the reason why they won their game, and without these players, the game would have played out drastically differently.
Master Strategist
Best Mechanical Play
Individual Game
Individual Award
This award is awarded to the individual with the most impressive mechanical play. If they submitted 1 night action that singlehandedly changed the course of the game or broke a setup mechanically in a way that won them the game (and not due to poor game design), then this award awards that play.
Scumplay Awards
Don Corleone
Most Cunning Manipulator
Body of work
Individual Award
This award is awarded to a single scum player who, across all of their games for the year, exhbited the best ability to manipulate the town into losing. The person who wins this award should have demonstrated the best scumplay during the year.
Goodfellas
Best Mafia Team
Individual Game
Group Award
This award is awarded to 2 or more individuals in a scum team that performed well and were key to winning their game, worked together extremely well, and because of that, performed the best. The players who win this award should have demonstrated the best team scumplay overall.
Moderator Awards
The Modfather
Excellent Moderation
Body of Work
Moderator Award
This award is given to the moderator who, over the past year, exemplified the best qualities in the past year of moderation. Accuracy and timeliness of moderating is important, of course, but setup and game mechanics are important, too! This is the moderator who, when looking back over the history of the site, stood out as that year's premiere moderator. Who will people remember when the dust settles? Who runs games that you have to RUSH to signup for or else miss out on a potentially all-time great experience?
Rube Goldberg
Best Setup
Individual Game
Moderator Award
This award should be awarded to a mod or setup designer that designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. How this award differs from the
Mad Scientist
(
Best Mechanic
) award, is that this focuses on the
individual roles and/or abilities and how well they worked together
, not how the game of mafia itself was changed.
Mad Scientist
Best New Mechanic
Individual Game
Moderator Award
This award should be awarded to a mod or setup designer that designed the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation. How this award differs from the
Rupe Goldberg
(
Best Setup
) award, is that this is about
how the game of mafia was changed
, not how well the individual roles and/or abilities worked together.
Paperback Writer
Best Flavor
Individual Game
Moderator Award
Given to the moderator who wrote had the best flavor for their game, telling a compelling story in a mafia game, whether that flavor made you laugh or cry. Aspects of this may include presentation of moderator posts (VCs, day starts, OPs, role PMs) and how that presentation affected the mood of the game. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Miscellaneous Play Awards
Rising Star
Best Up-And-Comer
Body of Work
Individual Award
This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award. This award is generally awarded to someone who has shown great improvement over the year or a new face to the new that just started playing on site.
White Knight
Best Replacement
Individual Game
Individual Award
This award is awarded to a player who replaced into a game and was able to make a sizable contribution to the game after replacing in. This may include turning around a slot that was previously doomed, jumping in and nailing the mafia team, pulling off a big play to save a scumteam, or maybe just coming in and taking a game from miserable to enjoyable. If someone put in the work to replace into a game and you feel it warrants notice, this is where you nominate them.
Hannibal Lecter
Best Third Party
Individual Game
Individual Award
This award is awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party. Perhaps it was a serial killer masterfully floating under the radar, or a wacky new third-party role that required some serious chops to pull off. If they aren't town or scum, but you think they deserve recognition, then this is the award for them.
Kodak Moment
Best Moment
Individual Game
Individual Award or Group Award
This award is awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award.
Site Awards
Player's Choice
Game of the Year
Individual Game
Individual Award
This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability."
This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Post of the Year
Best Post
Individual Post
Individual Award
This award is awarded to a person that made a post. But not just any post, this post is important! This is the post... that on any part of the the site... had the biggest impact on site culture. It made you laugh. Maybe it made you cry. Maybe it just made you blow air out your nose. In any case, this post belongs in a shrine to great forum posts.
This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Community Contributor
Best Site Contributor
OOC Thread
Individual Award
This award is awarded to the player who did the most to contribute to the overall health of the site. Maybe this person arranged an in-person meetup to foster community, or maybe they really evolved mafia theory discussion to a new level with their MD articles. Perhaps it's a user who goes out of their way to put on fun contests or events for the site, or maybe someone worked on a cool mafia tool in their spare time. Whatever they did, if they worked to improve the site outside of the Mish Mash or Mafia forums, this is where they belong.
Last edited by Alisae on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Submitting a Nomination

Please use the following formatting. There's more you can do after you filled out the form if you want to be nice and make our life easier, so keep reading.
Award Name
date Nominator [This is your name]Nominee [The person you want to nominate]Full Name of the game ["Large Normal 20143: BLah blah blah" for example. Make sure you use codes to make sure that clicking on the name of the game takes to the game thread or post.]Description on why this person should win this award.

Use this award for all awards except Body of Work awards

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]date[/cell]
[cell]Nominator[/cell]
[cell]Nominee[/cell]
[cell][url=game link]Full Name of the game[/url][/cell]
[cell]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

Use this form for Paragon, Don Corleone, Modfather, and Rising Star
(This is a reminder that you must include 3 games in the write-up for these award).

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]date[/cell]
[cell]Nominator[/cell]
[cell]Nominee[/cell]
[cell=2]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

OPTIONALLY

If you want to be extremely helpful, you can color the table and text so that its associated with its award category (Town, Scum, Moderator, Misc, or Site). I will leave a key below, but the key thing to remember is that when coloring a table background, you do not need to put a # character in, where as with text color, you are required to put in a # character at the beginning of the hexcolor.
for example table=1d232d and color=#d0e4f8
These are the corresponding colors to each category
Town Awards
Background
: #232D1D
Text Color
: #e4f8d0
Scum Awards
Background
: #2D1D23
Text Color
: #F8D0E4
Moderator Awards
Background
: #1F1D2D
Text Color
: #D0D0F8
Misc Awards
Background
: #2D271D
Text Color
: #F8E4D0
Site Awards
Background
: #1D232D
Text Color
: #D0E4F8

Submitting an anti-nomination

Sometimes a controversial nomination comes along. If you wish to register your dissent, the judges will take that into consideration. You may do so privately by sending a PM to the current custodian of the Scummies Nominations thread (the worst) with the following PM title: "Anti-nomination for [username] for [Award]". Please include detailed reasoning. Public or "empty" anti-noms will not be considered.

Declining a nomination

If you wish to take yourself out of consideration for an award, you may do so. Send a PM to the current custodian of the Scummies Nominations thread (the worst) with the following PM title: "Request to decline [Award]". Please include a detailed reason why you think this is not your year. This is request is subject to a vote within the Scummies Steering Committee - if a majority of the SSC thinks you deserve to be considered anyway, the nomination will stand.

The following individuals have requested not to be considered for the following awards:
RadiantCowbells - Don Corleone
Pine - Don Corleone
the worst - Community Contributor
Last edited by the worst on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Paragon
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
26/11/20
Menalque
skitter30
'-
I shouldn't really need to say anything to support this nomination, but I will: skitter is well known to be one of the strongest scumplayers on site, but it's also common knowledge that she's got an impressively nuanced and powerful towngame. I've seen it suggested elsewhere, and I would agree, that she's probably the most complete player on site. That is to say, regardless of which alignment she rolls in a game, her team's chances of winning go up significantly. She should also be commended for the fact that she's fantastically non-toxic. Too often, town players believe that the way forward is to shout over others in order get the flip they want, or slip into rudeness/belittling of other players in heated conflicts. It is to skitter's credit not only as a player, but as a person, that I don't believe I've ever seen her do this in a game. Instead, she works to foment consensus and critically challenging player's scumreads on her, pointing out their illogical reasons for voting her and engaging with them actively to try and bring them round and to refocus the game on scum. This dedication to non-toxicity is commendable, especially as there have been games where her refusal to take away agency from the town as a whole by strong-arming things has led to a townloss as she had a correct read and the others were wrong. I don't think this detracts from the fact that she should be the paragon for this year -- the site has enough people who strong arm games. We should celebrate the excellence of someone who wins without needing to. I would now like to present some games that I believe support this nomination: (1) JK9++ -- skitter was one of the players most directly responsible for the town win this game. Relatively early into D1 she caught scum!S_S and applied pressure to him consistently throughout D1. When the game moved into D2, she kept up her scumread on S_S, and made the bold decision to claim her role (vig) to clarify the gamestate which was being tripped up by the assumption that PB was the NK and the implications of that. She was then willing to listen to Blake and work with her to move onto scum!lilith and then she was killed on N2 -- but not before shooting scum!firebringer. The town then misguillotined a couple of times and inter fought before successfully guillotining S_S in mylo for the win; the player we'd have eliminated D1 if we'd listened to skitter a little more closely. (2) Micro 960: A Year of Miccro's II -- ah, the memories. This was basically a very hard game where scum ultimately won. I include it because skitter was the only one correctly scumreading the worst on D1 and pushing him. This was a game that got /really/ toxic and skitter was one of the people trying to calm it down and keep it on track, successfully identifying me and DkKoba as TvT. Town lost this mostly because of a really badly executed claim from a town player, a fantastic scum fakeclaim from ducky, and some... I'm going to go with the word 'distasteful' AtE from the other scumplayer involved. The game was almost a perfect storm of things going badly for town, but if there was a player who was close to dragging them out of the hole, it was skitt, even if she didn't quite manage it. Even in the final day, she was calling out that things were wrong/off, but sadly they were just a bit too fucked even for her to perceive the precise way things were wrong. (3) Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia I -- I didn't play in this, so I'm not as familiar with it as the first two. However, I read a bit. Skitter played as part of a hydra, but was outed by the time she was getting eliminated. What I do know is that as she died with two of the scumteam on her wagon, both of whom she correctly identified as scum and called out for town to focus on once she was revealed. They back-to-back guillotined those two scumbags the following two days, and the game ultimately ended in a town stomp. It's also worth noting that due to the push on her being scum-led, there were a lot of very dumb votes on her hydra. She kept her head, did her best to engage, and pointed town in the right direction even after they misguillotined her in what was definitely a frustrating way. (4) Silent Star 1: Lunacy -- this was a funky hectic setup where town started off thinking they were scum, only to figure out on D2 that in fact the town flavoured faction were the scum and that all the scum flavoured players were town. Anyway, after that small detail had been worked out, and skitter stopped playing as if she were scum (where she was also coincidentally pushing real scum for looking scummy on D1) she then successively pushed/led on (1) Nahdia!scum (2) Chara!scum and (3) okay, then she got a little unsure, partly due to scum being able to manipulate the flavour and make it look like there was another scum faction -- but even here, she kept dunn!scum in her PoE, and despite getting NK'd N4, she correctly had the final scum nailed down to being in midwaybear or dunn, with town successfully wrapping things up on D6. There are probably other games I'm missing here due to not being aware of them, but I think this body of work is easily enough to demonstrate why skitter is not only a candidate for paragon but is
the
candidate for 2020.
01/12/20
SirCakez
Cabd
'-
(1) Xenoblade 2 Mafia - As mentioned in my previous nom this game was a total massacre for town and it was completely lead by Cabd. Cabd totally nailed me day 1 and proceeded to correctly nail every other scum by night 2. His insane presence at day gave scum no chance at all to control the game and had us wanting to NK him from the first 24 hours. His incredibly accurate reads had town in the driver's seat the whole game. AND THIS WAS ALL WHILE HE WAS DEALING WITH SURGERY! (2) Smoke-Filled Antechamber - While not the stomp that Xenoblade 2 was (due to unrelated player choices), Cabd showed his scumhunting and townleading chops here. He did an excellent job uniting the town and helped quickly sort the game down into a POE pool from which town ultimately won the game. (3) Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia - I did not play in this but Flavor Leaf can attest to Cabd's skill here.
23/12/20
Isis
Dunnstral
'-
Over the course of 2020 I had a creeping realization that I probably cared what's inside Dunnstral's posts most of the time, because they were probably protown. Dunnstral doesn't really commandeer threads, but is generally able to be a net positive in most of his games. In Wolf Dance (Gentleman5) he had a strong voting record and participated with the town's strong general consensus sort for the game. He used the game's pairing phase proactively and deflected plenty of suspicion from a town-aligned dance partner. In Mini Normal 2153 he had a generally good showing, participating in pushing scum to E1 but toying with the idea of hammering seriously enough that he was N1ed (or doing whatever else it was that got him N1ed). In Team Mafia 2020: White Flag, I remembered him consistently putting out analytical posts that made pushing him largely a nonstarter, until he had to be nightkilled. I didn't remember until working on this writeup that his D1 iso was a flurry of voting every member of the scumteam. The D1 of that game featured dueling wagons on scum D1, but potshotting the third scum not as popular. He was also a skeptic of the major day1 townwagon that characterized that game. Lastly in Mask of Monsters he generally played ok then just kinda sorta broke the secret alt setup by graphing everyone's time zones and identifying the scumteam. To the extent that a wide variety of town WIM and get-it-done should be celebrated, this was something that had a dramatic effect on the game.
23/12/20
mastina
Titus
'-
While Titus may have had one or two off-games this year, overall, Titus has stood out as a remarkably, and overall, consistently strong town player who has been critical in several town victories over the course of this year. Her town absolutely crushed Alisae's scumteam in Titus v Alisae. She was crucial in the town victory in Anime UPick Shuffle. While she unfortunately was countered in doing so by the scumteam having literally every power to shut down every aspect of her plan two times over (game was badly scumsided), she developed what
should've
been a very good plan (absent those OP scum roles) in Seiyuu UPick. Her replacement was one of the factors in the town winning Mini 2159. She was part of the stomp that was Xenoblade 2 Mafia. And she was one of THE driving forces of the town win in MBOS 10, with her logic and mechanical prowess being a crucial factor in the town's coordination between factions and contributing to the win. While she does have some games where she performs less than stellarly, overall, her towngame this year has been remarkably strong, where she's been fairly strongly town, mechanically fairly strong, with reasonable solves and importantly, usually works well with other members of the town in a great many of her games. Her competency this year has, overall, been higher than I've seen from her in any previous year, even if she does have the occasional derp-game and if some players present a weakness in her performance.
1/2/2021
mastina
Hectic
'-
Hectic has consistently performed incredibly well as town, most recently in pooky vs flavor leaf as pichu. However, I can link to multiple strong performances demonstrating his skill as town.

He is tremendously good at scumhunting, appearing obvtown, getting immense mileage out of whatever power role he is given, mechanical solving, and convincing others; a complete package in scumhunting skills.
1/8/21
Noraa
MURDERCAT
'-
As I do with all my noms, I send the person a message asking for a few games that I can look at but then I suddenly realized, I don't even need to do that for Murder. I've been in WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many games with him so here we go writing this nom fully based off my memory(which can be wack af sometimes but shh go away) I first met Murder in Roses. I remember being terribly paranoid that he was pocketing me because how could someone seem this blatantly townie?! If my memory isn't shit that was his first game back on site after a long hiatus and he was nk'ed night 1. From there I had a huuuuge chain of games with him with him showing extreme levels of obvtown-ness and solving in every single one. We had Death Curse where I death wolfed like hell and he was one of the first few to be like "Pooky I think it's Noraa." This resulted in the rest of town thinking about it and being like "hmmm maybe he's right" At the end it was a 1v1 grand finale MurdervNoraa and he managed to convince all of town that I was the deep wolf, not him. Even the specs thought that I would win this 1v1 as shown here, here, and here but Murder heard their prayers somewhere, somehow, obvtowned, and won the entire game for town. Then came student council where Murder was, again, very obvtown as shown by his placement in the council both days meaning he was the most UTR player in the entire list(he was the only person that made it onto the council both days) With the assistance of town, Murder managed to snag a scum lim(even tho I was tunneling in on town) and scum conceeded that very night. Most recent was Pooky v Flava where murder wasn't his normal levels of obvtown(because he needed to stay low since he was a mason) but he knew I was scum on day 1. Everyone else in the game didnt even consider that as a possibility until much much later in the game. I realize Pooky V Flava literally ended first day of 2021 so it kinda doesnt qualify but its really close enough especially because it ended by scum concession which could've happened earlier if the suggestion was accepted by all of the scum team just a day earlier. HA I WAS FASTER THAN HECTIC. HA
08/01/2021
Hectic
MURDERCAT
'-
Don't let the cute flareon in his avatar deceive you, this cat is absolutely terrifying. Since his return earlier this year, he's been going around the site solving game after game, and MURDERing scum after scum... he's won 9/12 town games in 2020.

He has the ability to effortlessly obvtown at will, being only mislaunched
once
this year, and that being in a game where he nailed scum on day 1 anyway. His playstyle is incredibly transparent and active, and he's constantly posting his thoughts in-thread and pushing the game forward, while articulating them in a way which spews him as town and helps others solve and find the scummers.

In Death Curse, he was the LAST CAT STANDING of 20 players, which is a testament to his ability to obvtown and avoid all mislaunches. He consistently pushed scum throughout the game, and drove town to a victory. He has creative powers of persuasion, where he convinces someone of the last remaining scum using a fun minigame.

In Pooky V. Flava, his reads were once again on-point. Entering day 2 with a concise and eloquent case describing exactly why Polar Bear Express - a universal townread at the time, was scum.

In Student Council, he solved the game in a hood overnight, scumcasing both of the delinquents.

Great Idea Mafia was a game he replaced into, shortly obvtowning his slot and helping MURDERCAT both remaining anti-towns, sealing the win.

MURDERCAT
may not be the biggest sole driving force for town every game, but he's always one of the two or three strongest townies that are pivotal to the win. He obvtowns, PoEs scum down, and wins. Rinse and repeat.
If his alignment is ever in question, he can easily towncase himself. If the game needs solving, he'll comply, using VCA and analysis. He's often ISO-diving, never allowing an important slip or vote from a previous day phase to be forgotten. He'll use all the information he has at his disposal to find scum without fail.

If I was scum up against
MUDERCAT
in a game and I was making a threat-level tier list in the scum PT,
MURDERCAT
would be a MURDERous high level threat. He's never getting mislaunched and he'll inevitably find us, or just lock enough towns to
MURDERCAT
us via PoE; he's not someone you can just leave around for long.
A Paragon that strikes fear into scum's hearts... a
MURDERCAT
Moment of Brilliance
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
17/02/20
Micc
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane had two of the three members of the scumteam pegged about half way into Day 1 of this 15 player game. At that point Eddie took over the game by leading scum lynches on both Day 1 and Day 2. Because of Eddie's efforts the Town moved to Day 3 with a seemingly insurmountable advantage. The following lynches were heavily influenced by a Town fakeclaim gambit, but at one memorable point early in Day 4 I was pinged by Eddie on Discord. "mark it for the record that my top pick for scum is nacl and i can't push him cause of the gambit lmfao". Let the record be known, Eddie was right with that read too. When the gambit finally broke with a Town PR flip on Night 4, Eddie's first post of the new Day Phase was a vote to start what would become the final lynch wagon of a dominating Town win.
27/02/20
Jingle
mastina
Mastina rocked this game. Not to discount the play of people like jjh who were also solid town contenders, but this game would not have been even close to the same game without mastina. First of all, she managed to pick out 2/3 of scum for her D1 PoE AND get one of them (the scumteam's strongman, no less) lynched, despite several loud TvT fights providing huge distractions. She also accurately locktowned a good portion of the game. Then, she managed to use her role to great effect when she got a soft guilty on the last scum, who was the only real deepwolf candidate. Slowplaying it, she managed to get Mena to claim 1 shot vig and then retract into an obviously false ascetic claim while a JK had flipped, turning what was at best mediocre evidence into a lynch on what was objectively the best positioned scum. Town nearly lost despite this, but mastina was directly responsible for the scum lynches on days 1 and 2 and was one of the strongest pushers for the final scum to be lynched early as well.
13/03/20
Alisae
Titus, gobbledygook, Krazy, OkaPoka & Ankamius
Town clearly wanted to win more over scum here and I feel like these 5 players played significant parts in making sure town actually got the win. Titus was the town treestump and was a strong townleader Gobbles and OkaPoka played a strong towncore that gave little to no leg room for scum to actually work in and create lynches Krazy (Sherlock head of Sherlock & Watson) continued to lead lynches onto scum And Ankamius closed out the game by hardpushing the last scum for the win.
14/03/20
gobbledygook
BBMolla, EspressoPatronum, gobbledygook
These three players were a masonry that influenced the game and greatly contributed to the town win. The masonry is largely responsible for 5/6 mafia deaths and also seriously hampered the cult in the later half of the game including correctly calling out the cult leader two days for the cult imploded after a clever gambit by one of the masons. Without this masonry group, this game has a very different outcome. You can see in the masonry chat the level of effort these players put into figuring out the game analyzing the flavor and coordinating their night actions to cast a wide net that the antitown factions could not escape.
06/03/20
Firebringer
Auro
Auro single handedly took down the scum team during a time of mass hysteria and confusion for the town. Was able to correctly deduce the final setup and make a plan that lead to the town win. Just pro town play all around
07/01/20
northsidegal
Green Crayons
There's nothing better than seeing hard work get rewarded, and rewarded it was for Green Crayons this game. After a chaotic set of first few days, Green Crayons did what so few players actually seem to do: he took the time to actually read back through the thread, taking note of interactions, and analyzing vote patterns. Not all of his conclusions were initially on the mark but they were all very sharp, analytical, and pointed in the direction of a correct solution regardless. GC ended up consistently having the best reads in the game – even when others were complete off the mark, GC was still pulling the town back in the right direction. I would say that a town win would be unlikely without him this game on reads alone, and even moreso when I consider that I believe his analysis led to others similarly going back and reviewing the game, which also contributed to a town win.
11/12/20
SirCakez
The town of Xenoblade 2 Mafia
I was scum in this game and we got totally, completely annihilated by a storm of essentially perfect town day and nightplay. Town found each other quickly and efficiently, nailed scum at day easily, and was never in danger of losing or miseliminating anyone. I don't think there was any weak link in the town at all and everyone played amazingly, resulting in the perfect town win night 3 when the last two scum conceded.
09/12/20
StarToAYoungCulture
Hiraki, Ythan
They found and executed mafia team under a page.
25/12/20
Kanna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324 was really the town hero in this game. On day one, he managed to get himself and two other townies onto the council. On night one, he managed to pin the scumteam and was just playing the WIFOM game to catch them out. On day 2, he unfortunately found out his night actions missed, but stuck by his solve and never once gave into paranoia, which eventually led to a scum concede. Pretty much a perfect game! (Not to mention, this was such a badass moment.)
23/12/20
mastina
Menalque, NorwegianboyEE, Morning Mage(Morning Tweet + Battle Mage hydra), Almost50, suberbowl9
While I could just in general say the entire town as a whole was stellar, I felt the need to nominate the players who were the strongest contributors overall. The entire town as a whole, overall, did amazingly well. They coordinated well, townread each other correctly, managed to correctly deduce that the third parties were non-malevolent and that they were genuinely working with the town, and able to coordinate with mechanics and reads a destruction of the scumteam, by and large correctly townreading one another and having a really accurate POE pool.
25/12/20
Datisi
Iconeum
i am not good enough of a writer to do this nom justice. so i'd like to just silently link to FakeGod's post game commentary.
30/12/99
Datisi
Billy Pilgrim, bob3141, Iconeum, DkKoba, Andresvmb, hellbooks
when thinking about writing this nom, i thought that maybe 6 people is too many to nominate, but i don't think i can leave any one of them out of this one. in this game, the only town power were three masons, one of which, billy pilgrim, was a tracker. all throughout his time in the game, billy had a scumread on one scum member, while also tracking the scumteam's deepwolf to the kill on night one. (then on day two one of the masons somehow managed to fuck up and not yeet the literal guiltied scum but let's not talk about that.) bob3141 replaced in on day one into a widely scumread slot that scum thought was gonna be a very easy push. unfortunately, due to a smart pt cop fakeclaim from scum which made everyone treat them as town, bob wasn't able to fully salvage his slot, and after a lot of pushing, he ended up getting yeeted on day two. but not before leaving behind a 4-person PoE, which contained all three scum. iconeum, dkkoba, andresvmb, and hellbooks were the townies to enter 7p lylo. with the scum still riding the fakeclaim, and most of the townies still fighting with each other. seeing this from the dead thread, i thought the game was practically over. however, the town managed to dig themselves out of dirt, ignoring the guilty claim from the "pt cop", creating
three
different 1v1s via votes, yeeting scum two days in a row, and then making the final scum concede on night five.
8/18/20
northsidegal
Casey, innocentvillager
This game was truly a remarkable comeback for town and while multiple people were involved in that, I think the two main drivers behind it were Casey and innocentvillager. In a nightless setup with 4 scum, after a scum lynch (or dunk, rather) Day 1 town proceeded to misdunk six days in a row, putting themselves into lylo. By all accounts this would be a fairly impossible situation to come back from: six consecutive misses and a very competent scumteam that was managing to fool the town well. Even if you might expect them to guess correctly once, it'd be doubtful that town could come back completely to win.

That is, however, exactly what happened. With less than 36 hours left in the entire game before town would instantly lose (due to a setup mechanic), innocentvillager and Casey came together, did a serious amount of partner solving and associative hunting, and turned it around completely in a reverse sweep as if they knew the answer the entire time and were just waiting for the most dramatic moment. Concerns about setup balance notwithstanding, this comeback is one that deserves attention.
1/1/2021
Noraa
PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, MURDERCAT, Fidget
Town was off to an amazing start with 1 scum dead day 2, 2 scums dead day 3, and 1 scum dead day 4. But after catching the first four scum, there was one scum left and her name was Noraabear the deepwolf. She took control of the game state quickly(Because one of her scum buddies, Fredrick Campbell, pulled a dangerous gambit to give her a semi conftown status) and lead town down a road of terror.

Quick note before I continue on about the mechanics is that each day 1 person is voted out by majority vote and they choose someone to kill and that person chooses another. 3 eliminations per day and the flips come after all three are chosen.

Day 5 Noraa lead town thru three town flips and stuff was looking bright and awesome for the scum team until the very last day. The very last day, the plist had only Noraa, Pooky, Murder, Bell, and Fidget. Immediately, Fidget is flashwagoned. Two more eliminations and Noraa wins! (pfft she thought) Fidget soon passes to Pooky and suddenly only Noraa, Bell, and Murder are "alive". All the time before this on this day, no one doubted Noraa - not even the tiniest tiniest amount.

But now with only 3 possibilities left, people needed to be resorted. The big revelation starts with this post from Bell. It continues in this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, and many more. Eventually this leads to a dayvig from me on bell(now only Noraa and Murder are "alive") and then an informal concession from me and a town win after pooky's scroll pass to me. Town managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This revelation was extremely impressive and worthy of
Kodak
Moment of Brilliance :mrgreen: Just writing this hit the feels big time but this town was incredible and they deserve this nom.

The rest of this town also did incredible but these were the people at the very end that directly impacted my death so they are who I nommed but special mentions go to Uno for being the only person on day 5 to suspect me(bless his soul for being in three entire Noraa scum games) and our precious and amazing crown princess, Gloria.
1/4/2021
mastina
Haschel Cedricson
Among Us Mafia
While the town was certainly not in a
bad
spot prior to Haschel's magnificent post, Haschel is singlehandedly the reason why that game was a perfect town win with no town eliminations. Haschel was, at the time, placed at L-1. With so much as a single extra vote, it was over: he'd be dead, the town would have ejected an innocent crewmate, and who knows what would've happened from there, but the scum would probably have had a significantly easier time sabotaging the town's alternate wincon and able to kill more freely.

Enter this magnificent post with a beautifully-written, in-depth, accurate case, which while amusing also perfectly nailed why Flea the Magician was scum.

With that one post, less than one page later, the Haschel wagon had collapsed and Flea was run up, eventually being ejected at the end of the day...as one of the scum's two critical power roles, one of their main ways of denying the town their alternate wincon.

With this one post, Haschel singlehandedly changed the course of the game--while it's possible that without it, the town would've still won, it'd have been more of a struggle, more of an uphill battle. But he managed to, thanks to that one post, essentially guarantee the town's flawless victory.
1/8/21
Flavor Leaf
Alisae and NorwegianBoy [Double the Trouble]
PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf
I believe it was Day 4
It was Day 3 when they revealed the 3 masons. Double Trouble hydra took complete control of the game here, specifically Alisae, while Norwegian had the exact scum team pegged. The work they put in that day phase ended with the rest of the game becoming an obvious town victory. While many townies played well, I think Double Trouble hydra was a step ahead of the bunch, and helped set motion the eventual concession of the scum team.
Master Strategist
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
15/11/20
Bell
zMuffinman
Felt this would be a good prompt for others to go forward on throwing their own noms into the category. This game involved unfamiliar roles such as alien(called an isolator in this game), white mage and 1-shot lightning rod. In Illicit Substances, Zmuffinman correctly identified and derailed scum from soft countering a white mage claim through his knowledge of the set up. He followed up with a plan that isolated the last scum whilst requiring only one correct town read to work. Overall good analysis of mechanics allowed him to ask the right questions and posit the right answers
04/01/21
Hectic
Ydrasse
Ydrasse played excellently as the vigilante in this game, being pivotal to town's success. She played the early game in an easy-going, memey style, avoiding all suspicion with how comfortable she looked in-thread, while also not looking like a PR or anyone important to kill in solveyness. Her shots were pinpoint, narrowing down the PoE, and shooting scum on nights 2 AND 3.

During night 2, she shoots at scum, but they are aliened and so do not die. She crumbs this in the thread upon day 3's start.
During the massclaim on day 3, she claims VT, continuing to remain undercover.
On day 4, it's finally optimal for her to claim. However, she decides to claim she's gated. The scum supersaint plans to and will eventually self-hammer the same day, since scum want to keep the days on evens, and so a vig shot from Ydrasse anywhere in the PoE on night 4 would be very detrimental.
Ydrasse knows her death warrant has been signed, and she isn't done yet - she wants to get
one
final shot off.

Here's where the STRATEGIC GENIUS comes into play:
Remember that night 2 shot on scum that didn't go through? She intentionally
withholds
this information, allowing scum to assume that she simply doesn't have shots on even nights, otherwise why wouldn't she bring up something so important?
This successfully fools Flavor Leaf and his goons into assuming she's an odd-night vig, causing them to opt to alien (roleblock) someone else the following night. And so, with her dying shot, Ydrasse shoots in the PoE, placing the days back on odds and butchering scum's remaining chances in the process. They concede the very next day.

Ydrasse utilised and played her role perfectly; remaining universally-townread and undercover for days until she claimed, and then manipulated scum into allowing her to place one final deadly strike to their hopes. A strategic masterclass!
1/8/21
Flavor Leaf
PlusJoyed
Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things
PlusJoyed had 3 vigilante shots this game. The first one came after a Day 1 No Elim, and they targeted the same target as the Mafia team. The 2nd one hit a player who was eventually going to be misfaded. There were already 2 conf towns in the game, this vig shot made PlusJoyed the 3rd, however it was the 3rd vig shot on Unwnd, the scum kill that opened up the game, and caused me to be stuck in a situation where I essentially had to concede the game then and there. This was on top of strong overall town play during the game.
1/8/21
Flavor Leaf
Insanoflex
Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things
Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.
Last edited by Noraa on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Don Corleone
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
11/12/20
Noraa
Hectic
'-
12 scum wins this year. 12! twelve. Twelve. TWELVE! Open your brain cells and think about it! ITS UTTER INSANITY. *droops sadly while looking at my 2 scum wins* ANYWAYS IGNORE ME. BACK TO HECTIC. TWELVE WON SCUM GAMES. PHEW. First one: Micro 920. Hectic endgamed with his buddy Espeonage. They won in a 5p lylo. Second one: Mini Normal 2118. Hectic solo carried to a scum win in a 3p lylo. Third one: Micro 935. Euphony(Hectic) and Okapoka successfully killed off the entire chain of command leading to a glorious scum victory. Fourth one: Micro 937. Iconeum(the dragon) and Conspire(hydra of Hectic and Kanna) win a 5p lylo leading to a scum victory. Fifth one: Mini Normal 2147. In an 8 player lylo, a scum team of Zlair(Hectic), iamausername, and votato successfully get a mislim followed by a nk, leading to a scum victory. Sixth one: Mini Normal 2153. In a 5p lylo, Replacement for Sugimichi(yes this was what hectic named his alt) and UnaBombaH drove a successful mislim leading to a scum victory. Seventh one: Mini Normal 2154. One of the few few times Hectic(here he is in the form of an alt called Truth) the monster scum doesn't endgame and personally bring pride upon his team but nonetheless a scum win of his that he contributed to. Eighth one: Open 793. Here, the unsuspecting gamma emerald trusted hectic which resulted in another one of his glorious scum wins. Ninth one: Micro 964 The death of GeorgeBailey, a townie, set Hectic up for yet ANOTHER scum win, this time with Isis. V unfortunate that he died the very last night but scum still won the moment that night was over! Tenth one: Open 801. Another RARE occasion where Hectic doesn't endgame and bring glory upon his team on his own(but that's because of the setup. the earlier he trust falls out of the game, the better and he trust falled on day 1 :OOO) An incredible and stressful game that the team of Pooky and Hectic won together! Eleventh one: Micro 934. Hectic(in the form of Eve) and Ame had mutual TRs throughout, caused tons of chaos(3 mislims in a row), and ended up with a flawless win! AAAAAAAAAAAAAND the twelfth and final one: Micro 989. Hectic(in the form of mary44) reps into a doomed scum shady slot where Rocky and I were worrying our asses out about what to do if the scum shady died. But he strolls in and casually turns the tables just like *POOF* and got us a quick and easy flawless win. That's it for today ladies and gentlemen! Hectic is a legend. NOM HIM UP. HE DESERVES DON CORLEONE!
Goodfellas
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
06/01/20
northsidegal
Skitter30 & The Limit Does Not Exist (lilith2013 + Something_Smart)
There was really just never any point in this game where the scumteam was threatened. They made excellent usage of daytalk, strategizing constantly, adapting to situations as they arose and coming up with plans on the fly – all the while keeping in mind the endgame they wanted to craft to ensure their victory. Their mechanical play was as good as it could've been in the setup, spotting a soft and killing the only power role Night 1. Their dayplay was equally good, with The Limit Does Not Exist remaining a unanimous townread through the end of the game and skitter managing to constantly evade being lynched despite massive suspicion towards her. This game was an impressive display of manipulation, with scum being two of the three highest posters in the game – a rare sight for many games.
23/12/20
Isis
Farkran & Chara
This was the third iteration of the Undertale themed series of opens. Like every other iteration, I deem it a bit too townsided, a flaw I can forgive myself for as it arises from the difficulties inherent in delivering on the conceit of the setup. The balance of the setup did not particularly matter this time around. Farkran and Chara played in a bizarrely effective manner, with Chara accommodatingly agreeing that the game's consensus townread should receive the game's healing mechanic, and Farkran petulantly opposing that UTR, and opposing Chara, and arguing for pages and pages. Farkran was not eliminated for several phases, for refuge in audacity, but when he flipped and his redflip was shown to the town, the game was over, the idea that Chara and Farkran were aligned with eachother seemed just about unthinkable. The game was heavily flavored, and by some miracle of luck they both had characters that were siblings in the game. I remember having to write sibling scenes into the flavor over and over again because of how the slots kept bussing so much. I know 3+ member scumteams tend to dominate this category, but it was one of the most memorable games I've ever been involved in and seems incredibly deserving of the award to me. It looked natural, but didn't come
that
naturally to them which makes it all the more impressive. I only didn't nominate it earlier because I could have sworn the game was in 2019. 2020 has been a long year, as we all know.
25/12/20
Datisi
Alduskkel & PookyTheMagicalBear
on day one, there were moments where it seemed like neither scum will make it into the coalition. however, pooky managed to sneak his way in. then on day one and day two, pooky was under constant pressure. both days he was on E-1 shortly before deadline, and both days he managed to get his competing (townie) wagon executed. then on day three, in final five, the town
finally
managed to pull itself together to get the on-coalition scum executed. of course, it was all in vain, because alduskkel had been distancing from pooky for the whole game so well that by final three, everyone thought aldus was locktown, and day four was only two posts long.
29/12/20
Infinity 324
Hoopla, Something_Smart
Due mostly to the efforts of these two, scum were able to solidly outplay the town mechanically while consistently avoiding being eliminated when it mattered. There were a bunch of pregame decisions that determined what power roles players would get. The scumteam managed to deny town most of the major power roles, leaving them with just a neighborizer, a 1-shot watcher, a vengeful, a PGO, and a UB against a 1-shot redirector and a JK in a 11v3 setup. s_s came up with the brilliant idea to no kill n1, and have lilith (the JK) claim her target and act like she had a guilty. Despite being put under a lot of pressure d1 and being suspected by an influential town player (skitter), the no kill and claim meant that lilith was treated as essentially locktown for a long time. Later in the game when town realized there was no doctor, lilith being scum seemed even more unlikely. It also almost gave scum a free elimination on menalque. Throughout the game, s_s managed to avoid suspicion without looking like he was trying to avoid suspicion. His questions seemed well-timed and well-motivated from a town perspective. They could also be very manipulative, as s_s made me question my defense of multiple town wagons without even pushing the wagons himself. Hoopla, despite having a lowkey early game, turned on the gas d4 and put on one of the best displays of pretending to be uninformed that I've ever seen. Despite being solidly in the PoE beforehand, she essentially stopped being suspected for the rest of the game. She was so good at getting into a town mindset that at multiple point during the day she posted almost exactly what I was thinking before I could say it. This allowed her to easily pocket me for the win.
29/12/20
the worst
Hoopla, Something_Smart, PookyTheMagicalBear
Infinity 324’s nom explains the synergy between SS & Hoopla better than I can – SS carried the draft process and the early-game perfectly. Due to playing their positions well, the scumteam were able to lock down the jailkeeper + cop draft slots. They then used the JK’s power effectively (by faking a guilty, then allowing the unsolved mech tension to shift into lategame) and kept SS, the 1-shot redirector, from being suspected until there was a near mechanical dichotomy around the lack of claimed cop in the game. Hoopla played dark horse to these early-game power moves. She played exactly hard enough to float above elimination treshhold in the early phases (the old adage that “somewhere around null/nulltown is the perfect place for scum d1” applies firmly!), but then came alive around d3-4. Her posting had an air of innocence and uninformedness which created a beautiful dissonance from the rest of her team’s larger manipulative plays. As soon as she decided she was going to endgame, there was no question – Hoopla was going to endgame. One additional factor which I think is easy to overlook, but substantial in gravity: Pooky made a decision around the end of Day Four which absolutely secured the win for the scumteam. The scumteam had a finite number of miselims left to win the game, and were lining Menalque up for a mechanical softguilty elimination – however, as soon as he went down, the Jailkeeper slot (Pooky’s slot along with his hydra partner) would have been near-outed as scum. Additionally, Something_Smart was stuck in a 1v1 with Menalque. And then the world started cracking. As Menalque is wont to do, he started posting hard. He suddenly became a lot townier, and started getting closer and closer to solving the game – his elimination started becoming less inevitable, and SS’ more inevitable. The scumteam starts to panic. And then Pooky makes the decision to throw absolutely everything he has into strongarming the final couple of votes onto Menalque. In doing so he doubled down on how outed his slot was, and basically ensured that SS’ (arguably inevitable) demise would follow shortly after – but had he panicked or allowed for any more inaction, even with Hoopla’s level of depth in the towncore, the scumteam would have had a really tough time winning this one.
04/01/21
Hectic
Farkran and Chara
When I think of formidable scum performances, nothing matches that better than how Farkran and Chara played in Undertale S Open.
Farkran played in an incredibly scumsided manner, pushing an agenda that greatly benefited scum - yet he survived for DAYS with some hard townreading him, simply due to the sheer audacity and DETERMINATION he exhibited during it.
Chara meanwhile, played an astonishingly clean game, being universally townread for it's analysis and very logical stances throughout.

They hard bussed for days while being townread for it and the theatre was exquisite. It's the most memorable scum performance I've seen during my time on this site, and feels very deserving of this award.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Modfather
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
21/11/20
Ircher
Hectic
'-
Hectic is a very capable mod who has modded several games this year. Multiple of his games have received nominations for other mdoeration-related awards. While I have not personally gotten to play a Hectic game, from the games I have looked at, Hectic has done an outstanding job. Furthermore, Hectic shows excellence not only in the running of setups, but also in the design of them. Overall, Hectic shows talent in all aspects of modding a game, from the design to the flavor to the smooth operation of such games. Death Curse Silent Star 2: Menagerie Comet I: Kill Switch Silent Star 1: Lunacy
23/12/20
Alisae
FakeGod
'-
I mean, he's just been the gold standard for moderators for years and he gets nominated every year for good reason. He also mods a lot every year consistently and all of the games are always really well ran. Also his setups are goated. Also he started modding hidden alt games and he's kind of unique for mostly doing that this year. He's modded way more games then I'm providing and I'm sure someone else can do this nom more justice. Game 1 Game 2 Game 3
24/12/20
Flavor Leaf
The Baker
'-
The Baker showed up only a year and a half ago, and essentially has been modding Large Theme games nonstop once they were given the ability to do so. This year, he modded 3 Large Themes, 2 with 21p, and 1 with 16p. His games all consist of strong flavored Role PM's, strong consistency with creating vote counts, and a bunch of small details within the flavor to help the game feel more lively. He brings the FUN into "Large Over The Top Game Probably Cult and Bastard, but still FUNctions." He has post game awards he does every game, "The Golden Baguette Winner". While his games aren't for everyone, they fill a popular niche that not a lot of mods create, including finding multiple different ways to add a Cult faction. These games are the definition of Theme Park, and you know what to expect from a Baker Level Bastard game: A wild time with strong technical modding. He is one of the only newer mods to play their hand in the Large Theme queue. There are some who might think that only 3 games is not enough for consideration, but when his games last 4 months each, I think it's surprising enough to get 3. Musician Mafia: Guitarist Edition Redneck Mafia Twice Baked Wrestling: Brawl At The Bakery
25/12/20
Kanna
Hectic
'-
In the past year, the Silent Star games have become one of the most popular series on the site, with almost every iteration being filled within hours of entering signups. Every game has had its own unique twist and flavour, and, having seen all of them, I can attest to all of them being memorable. It never surprises me to see old players returning for more, or new players inning and overfilling the game, just to get a chance at seeing what the series is like. Silent Star 1: Lunacy is one of my personal favourite games this year, and it involved all townies being given “werewolf” roles and thinking they were scum. The first day was… strange, but by the time the ball dropped on the second day, it allowed for a unique experience where town was able to bond together—not to solve who was (actually) scum, but the setup. Hectic was even cheeky enough to include the key to the mystery in the title. Silent Star 2: Menagerie set itself apart from the beginning with a post restriction where players were only allowed to post in animal-talk. The first day was nothing short of nonsense. When the post restriction was lifted however, everyone was held accountable for their actions, and it turned out scumhunting while being post restricted was also completely viable. The inclusion of a single mafia member who chooses their partner was also a fresh idea. Silent Star 3: Royalty involved a totally bizarre 6:13 distribution, combining conspiracy, dancing, and of course, mafia, into a game. It focused on mafia, despite having strength in numbers, being accountable for their actions. Poor Hopkirk. The best part of Hectic’s setups is the moment near the end when you realise “OH, so that’s what everything was building up to,” and you had the pieces to solve the game all along. The insight into that is what I think makes Hectic such a good game designer. Not only that, but he understands what makes mafia fun, and that is always the focus with the funky mechanics he incorporates. Hectic has also modded a few open games (Death Curse and Kill Switch, most notably) which feature brilliantly fun flavour.
1/8/2021
Ydrasse
Hectic
'-
I think that most people can recognize that what Hectic does with his games is special. It’s one thing to run a game and run it well, but some just have a special spark to them — for him, it’s not just one game but all of them.

Kill Switch was simple in concept, but a strong start to modding. What happens when you give everyone’s life the value of one button press, and that button thrown into the hands of the town to deal with? Kill Switch happens! And what a good first showing for town in this game, neatly beating the scum. Better yet is an introduction to the quirky sort of flavor that Hectic likes to include in his games, fun and witty to read and always worth reading. It’s that very spirit that fills his games.

And then Silent Star begins. A saga of games each with their own unique mechanics that tempt you with their mystery beforehand and terrify you when you’re within them. Lunacy, the first installation, does what everyone has always wanted: everyone is a wolf... or so they think. Cleverly, he flavored everyone as wolves and that alone caused tension in spades. Everyone thought they were the scum team! Everyone wanted to guide the game to their wincon. It was the bravery of the players taking the plunge into the concept firsthand to figure it out, but watching up until that point is a delight. And in the end, it was so very much worth it for that moment of realization about the game, and how his simple twist on it made it that fun. With great and immersive flavor for those involved again!

Menagerie goes a bit off the rails in comparison. Who in their right mind thinks a mod would only let players post in animal sounds? A player in Hectic’s game should. Animal sounds at the beginning as players fight to communicate, only to end up free to speak their minds and do as they please... until the lover pairs and treestumps are introduced to us all, a twist that truly no one could expect as six players fought for the right to survive. It sounds crazy, but somehow it worked; never once did it feel like the setup was a poor amalgamation, but each part of it flowed into the next with an ease that made it a truly enjoyable experience.

He wasn’t done there. The latest Silent Star game, Royalty, was muted at first. All vanilla town trying to scumhunt, a mysterious wedding in the backdrop. Nothing that seems as wild as the other two... until the reveal. Nearly half the game made up of conspirators fighting to keep every single person alive for fear of an instant loss, while all the town were unaware. Under their noses, a grand conspiracy, and then what happens next? They dance! Conspirators shunned into stumps as the town coordinated itself following the aftermath, while those still in on it tried hard to evade the hammer and infiltrate the dancing pairs to keep themselves safe. Two dearly loved concepts in mafia games, and yet again he managed to combine them.

And finally, who could forget it. A contender for Game of the Year, filled with so many moments that it’s hard to keep track. A spectator thread filled to the brim with people following. Thousands of posts from several players and 400 pages of content. Almost everyone’s heard of Death Curse in some way, and know what an amazingly unique game it was beyond the simplistic mechanics of passing a death-scroll after an elimination to players. It’s hard to explain why, but this game is the rare sort that comes around only once in a blue moon. Hectic’s hard work in running it and writing some truly amazing stories for flavor this one only served to make it all the more wonderful.

It’s not just that he runs good games to the point that they fill within minutes at times; it’s that the games he runs are crafted with a passion that bleeds through every single time that he makes something. Hectic puts his all into making a game good, creating heartfelt flavor, and tinkering with the mechanics just the right way for every single game. It’s never going to be a repeat experience, but it seems impossible that he’s going to run out of ideas to work with. When you join one of his games, you know that you’re going to have a moment in it where you recognize how good it is and how amazing it is that a single person could think it up.

For what is an astounding body of work already that will only continue to grow in time, I can think of no other moderator this year that better exemplifies the Modfather than Hectic.
January 8th, 2021
Dr Easy Bake
Boonskiies
'-
Boonskiies has year after year showed incredible modding prowess.
He has brought you games that have redefined the limits of MafiaScum.

Unparalleled game creation came way in the form of the BooneyToonz saga. This series of seventeen magical games have showcased unbounded creativity.
Two BooneyToonz games were completed this year:
XIII: To Boon or Not To Boon

XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me

They each have incredibly unique roles and flavor, the first being a 21p Role Madness, and the second being a 15p Large Theme.
To Boon or Not To Boon
was a Shakespearean epic brought to life by a dazzling array of selected roles and flavor.
A Little Boonie Told Me
transports you into the world of Little Boonie, your guide to this classic BooneyToonz game.

Contrary to its name, this 17p UPick is not a BooneyToonz game!
UPick: Boon There Done That
is a whole UPick based on the BooneyToonz flavor itself and a celebration of its legacy.

The 8p Micro Shape of Water focuses on the Guillermo Del Toro film of the same name.
If you've played in Boonskiies names, you'll know he's a huge film enthusiast.
He elegantly presents an incredible insight into this beloved film.

In Boon Gets Pretentious, a 9p Mini Normal, we see an emphasis not on flavor directly in the game, but from the mod himself.
Boonskiies adorns the pen name Pretentious to bring you another look inside the mind of your next Modfather through personal commentary.

Boonskiies is the best option for Modfather of 2020.
He has invented a whole new way to mod through his immense creativity and attention to detail.
His games show the best of what we can be doing as mods.
Rube Goldberg
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
01/10/20
Isis
Hectic
This was a very balanced closed setup with naturally good pacing. An initial post-restricted phase created a special low information stage for players to discuss as the game moved to an post unrestricted state. The game used nonrandom alignment generation, which served as a good design to make the post-restricted phase of the game seem less blind, as players had something to initially think about. It had unexpected next phases/steps a la gameshow mafia, making the game exciting, even though none of the steps rendered play in the previous phase bad or anything like that. Well crafted and seems like it's in the center of what this category is about.
07/10/20
PookyTheMagicalBear
Hectic
The setup design was elegant and beautiful in so many ways I can't even begin to list them. This game was an amazing experience that was something like a nonstop rollercoaster ride - the twists and turns were balanced, unpredictable, exhilarating and incredibly fun. My only regret is that I can't forget about this game and play this setup again without the knowledge of what would happen next. What an adventure!
Mad Scientist
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
11/11/20
SirCakez
lilith2013
Lilith did an amazing job turning the board game Betrayal at House on the Hill into a Mafia game. The stats and dice-rolling elements were brought in perfectly, as was the exploration of the House and its many items and rooms. Everything was deeply flavored and she even came up with a Haunt specific to this run of the game that can be changed out in future iterations. The basic mafia night of (cop check, doctor protect, mafia kill) was completely turned on its head and mutated into a game of Betrayal WITHIN a game of Mafia.
21/12/20
Alisae
Professor Moriarty (Something_Smart and the worst)
Aside from like, minor nitpicks of silly things that the town treestump can come up with thats hopefully limited by the mod hopefully not encouraging their bullshit, Duckie and SS basically came up with the ruleset that versus games will probably run on for a long time. The problem I just kinda poked out is very minor but everything else is really well done here and its likely to be used for versus games to come. Games with a scum treestump and town treestump were always super engaging when Pine decided it was that time of year to get a tree game going, so they'll always generate hype if someone decides to organize them due to the fact that the setup pits 1 brain against another brain. The draft is a very interesting part of the setup and the one I feel like is fantastic. Picking your scumteam will always be fun and this may be the most balanced version of it. Unlike in previous Pine!Tree games, the town treestump can choose between having power themselves or having masons. While Pine may have came up with the idea and Pine, Camn, and I have helped with getting the idea to where it is, SS and Duckie managed to create some basic guidelines for these games that will allow others to be able to organize this, and pick up and run a versus game.
23/12/20
mastina
schadd_
While there were slight, in practice, execution issues with the concept which keep me from nominating the game for 'best setup' and the mechanics of the game were not perfectly balanced, the third party role schadd_ invented was highly unique and interesting. The concept of the Henry P. Jurgenssen Society was, more or less, that of a third party that was actually players in the game (contrasting the 3p that were removed from MBOS5), which would have goals to achieve to get points towards victory. This theoretically-neutral party was highly innovative and inspirational, albeit incentivized to townside in practice.
23/12/20
Hectic
Kanna
'-
Trust Fall - a setup created for the Open Setup May Challenge. Such a seemingly inconspicuous submission puts a beautiful yet simple spin on the game of mafia; it doesn't bombard you with complicated mechanics or role abilities/interactions, no, it just has you hunt for
one
player that you can really trust. Trust Fall changes the game of mafia such that you don't win by finding scum, rather you need to find one town that you can trust enough to
Trust Fall
out of the game with. It subtlety yet significantly changes the dynamics of mafia; gone is the fear of being mislaunched and occurrence of any toxic 1v1s with players gunning to kill each other. It encourages wholesome and fun townhunting play, and allows players to try and leave the game whenever they'd like to. It's unusual in any game to have a UTR mafioso flip
first
, but this is one that gives you that opportunity. Allowing players to examine a UTR scum player's interactions as they go out early is a very rare and fascinating opportunity. It also means that if you're suspected
as
mafia, you're not going out day 1 like in a regular game; instead you have the entire game to change everyone's minds! The setup has been run successfully 3 times now by 3 separate moderators: First / Second / Third I've had the pleasure in playing in every one of them, and it's been incredibly fun each time, and as both alignments. Kanna's also been sneakily going around designing numerous other setups that are seeing play. A variation of her Smuggler Port setup saw play in FakeGod's game. Meanwhile, her Bloodline Mafia setup was picked up and run in Errantparabola's game. She also modded her very own Student Council mafia, brimming with fun flavour and a great mechanic. Whenever Kanna creates a setup, moderators all around seem to be drawn to the unique and genius mechanics at play... a true mad scientist. :doc:
12/23/2020
mastina
schadd_
Mystery Box of Silver 10
While there were slight, in practice, execution issues with the concept which keep me from nominating the game for 'best setup' and the mechanics of the game were not perfectly balanced, the third party role schadd_ invented was highly unique and interesting. The concept of the Henry P. Jurgenssen Society was, more or less, that of a third party that was actually players in the game (contrasting the 3p that were removed from MBOS5), which would have goals to achieve to get points towards victory. This theoretically-neutral party was highly innovative and inspirational, albeit incentivized to townside in practice.
1/2/21
Alisae
Professor Morality (Something_Smart and the worst)
PookyTheMagicial Bear v Flavor Leaf
Titus v Alisae
Aside from like, minor nitpicks of silly things that the town treestump can come up with thats hopefully limited by the mod hopefully not encouraging their bullshit, Duckie and SS basically came up with the ruleset that versus games will probably run on for a long time. The problem I just kinda poked out is very minor but everything else is really well done here and its likely to be used for versus games to come.
Games with a scum treestump and town treestump were always super engaging when Pine decided it was that time of year to get a tree game going, so they'll always generate hype if someone decides to organize them due to the fact that the setup pits 1 brain against another brain.
The draft is a very interesting part of the setup and the one I feel like is fantastic. Picking your scumteam will always be fun and this may be the most balanced version of it.
Unlike in previous Pine!Tree games, the town treestump can choose between having power themselves or having masons.

While Pine may have came up with the idea and Pine, Camn, and I have helped with getting the idea to where it is, SS and Duckie managed to create some basic guidelines for these games that will allow others to be able to organize this, and pick up and run a versus game.
05/01/2021
Aristophanes
Jingle
Micro 964: Your Nightmare and Micro 968: Your Nightmare (But 4 Scarier)
Jingle came us with a really cool interface for Conditional Vigilantes. Essentially, everyone submitted a fear and their fear was made into their flavour. Someone else had said flavour as a Vig shot, where they could scare you to death if they targeted you with your submitted fear. It made for really cool interactions as claims could either conftown the person with your fear or get you killed the next night without having to use the scum's factional kill. It also limited who each player could kill and therefore could not be abused by scum as a standard ungated Vig would.

On top of all this, the use of the Fear flavour allowed for some very deep sharing of information between players, as seen with beeboy's compiled RQS in the first game.

Jingle did a fantastic job with this mechanic/flavour interaction and it was really refreshing to play a game like this.
1/6/2021
Flavor Leaf
Borkjerfkin
Xenoblade II Mafia
This game had awesome mechanics. Every role was one of 4 types: Driver/Blade/Driver+Blade/Special. The setup revolved around Drivers targeting Blades during the first part of the night, then they get to meet up during the night. Blades got empowered by Drivers and were able to use abilities if Driven to. There was a lot of effort put into building this game.
Paperback Writer
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
13/02/20
Jingle
chkflip
Sometimes games have flavor that matters to the game. They usually suck. That's not the case with this one. chk managed to make 40 unique roles with flavor and story for each, then tie that flavor to day start and end chapters of flavor in a way that provided hints for the game but didn't unfairly break it. He consistently kept the flavor present and relevant through the entire game, making things make sense for all roles involved. It turned out the FBI agent was the sister of one of the town lovers and there was a disapproving father for the lover partner and all of that was just tangential to the game. It was unnecessary detail that chk only put in to fill in the story behind the game. There was a role that served to send small flavor filled messages about the various members of town, as well. And all of this flavor stayed both interesting and relevant until the end of the game itself. It was beautiful, and it convinced several people that they wanted to play D&D just because of the flavor in a mafia game. (Despite that flavor actually being Pathfinder, but w/e)
03/01/20
Krazy
Boonskiies
A delightful homage to the collected works of William Shakespeare.
19/05/20
davesaz
SirCakez
All the creepy dialogue and imagery of the Saw movies, complete with diabolical traps and gruesome outcomes, right here wrapped up as a game of Mafia. I loved it all from the first glimpse of a role pm right to the very end.
19/05/20
Jingle
SirCakez
I don't like the Saw franchise. With that said, dave is absolutely right. This game fully encapsulated the spirit of Saw. You can see how much effort went into the design of each individual trap (all 21 of which referenced the movies), the neighborhoods being flavor accurate, the scumteam having both flavor accurate neighborhood membership AND town fakeclaims with neighbor accurate flavor, a sense of urgency that the pace of the game set that was in keeping with the horror theme, and even a role that got to write additional flavor that made sense in the world of the game. Say what you will about the rest of the game, but the flavor was 100% on point and crazy detailed.
06/12/20
Nancy Drew 39
Enter
Brilliant graphics, themed role pms and even notices to the dead thread. Enter seemingly infused the movie theme flavour into every single aspect of the game.
24/06/20
Datisi
Hectic
The flavour was great. The graphics, small tidbits of the story appearing every now and then, the ability for scum to choose kill flavour. Even the Prod PM was flavoured!
24/06/20
Tuxedo Mask
Hectic
A well written and engaging story full of personality and charm. I would be excited every time Hectic posted to see what would happen in the story next. It kept the game lively and engaging. Clearly there is a world for this game in Hectic's mind full of interesting characters that is at times funny, scary, and some strange mix that gave me nervous giggles. I wish the game was longer simply to see more of the story and would play in any other games they modded just to get another taste.
24/06/20
beeboy
Hectic
Every aspect of this game contained some level of flavor even prods and pms that cannot be seen in thread for things like day start or notifications of actions occurring. You can really tell that hectic enjoyed moderating this game and it created an incredibly positive experience while playing the game.
25/06/20
Kanna
Hectic
A fun game with fun flavour. The attention to detail was amazing, as was the inclusion of the playerlist. The thing I liked most was the style, which I can only describe as...Hectic. I can definitely see Hectic making a name for himself in the future.
12/11/20
PookyTheMagicalBear
Isis
The quality of the writing in this game is on another level. I have never spent time re-reading mod flavor text before but it's so well written and beautiful that it created an emotional response for me that had me coming back time and time again. Truly a work of art - Thank you for taking the time and effort to craft something deeply beautiful and sharing it with the rest of us - I will never forget this game.
17/12/20
Morning Tweet
Dannflor
God I love this flavour. I just happened to glance at this thread one day -- and instantly, I was taken in by Dannflor's insanely well-written OP. It was haunting: a cloudy, barren wasteland accompanied dark grey text that places you into directly into the scene. Just read it, it's wonderfully written, all the way up until its climax -- a lone scream breaking the silence as the group comes to the realization that they are all dead. So needless to say I was hooked on the premise, and the opening was killer too. Scroll down through the hand-made ~Rules~ and ~Setup~ explanation areas, and oh! His text flavour colour-shifts as the thread transitions from the grey opening to orange-red hell. Seriously -- the flavour in this game shifts colour line-by-line as the game transitions between phases. I still freak out over that a little bit. Now with the first votecount, we're introduced to our "moderator": an antagonistic, oftentimes bored voice that booms throughout the landscape who seems to have been tasked with regulating this game. He's not overly invested in what ultimately happens to any one of you and seems to derive fun out of taunting the group when they slip up. I love his character -- he's biased when reacting to the results, but not towards one side in particular, only to whoever is making it more interesting. He only cares about what entertainment he can derive from watching the players fight each other for their permanent fates, and when he can't find any fun in it anymore, he simply stops communicating entirely and allows the players themselves to govern the game on their own for the rest of the way -- which in a way, was an even more frightening situation for the players than when he was around. Now the voice would carry the show at the beginning of phases, but it gets even better -- Dannflor wrote flavour for each players' death/ascension scenes as well. I love these scenes so much. The game gets way more personal during these portions where he narrates the group condemning each other to Hell or ascending them to Heaven. I really wish I could have gotten to play, because I love flavour that feels this dramatic and is written to fit the players, their alignments, and what has happened previously. Wooper is not afraid of where he's been sent off to, but instead expresses his disappointment in the others. Sinner Ame keeps up her facade of a personality right up until the moment she has ascended, where she shows her true colours. Team STRQ bargains with the group briefly before going entirely mad and S_S volunteers himself and promises to not repeat any of the fake pleasantries Ame did. And finally, Amrun tries a plethora of tactics to save herself, before giving the group a sober "Remember me" as she faded. All in all, was really good. And even though Dannflor is skilled enough to set the mood via just his writing, he also complimented his vote counts with imagery of Hell or Heaven to further set the scene, as well as included
an entire playlist of songs for each respective phase.
Whenever a player was replaced, he didn't waste that opportunity to set the tone, either. There's flavour beyond the main thread, too. In addition to it already being cool that the PTs continue the story, the Heaven and Hell PTs are inverses of the same scene, tuned to their respective afterlifes. Just a really fun detail to notice post-game. I liked the subversion of expectations on what Heaven and Hell would be like, too. It's the one more light-hearted area contained within the otherwise pretty dark game. "The angel tosses you an Xbox controller" still makes me smile when I read it. I cannot imagine a more drama-filled setting for playing mafia than having a game of it determine your permanent fate in the afterlife, and Dannflor executes on this premise perfectly. I am not even exaggerating when I say that I couldn't stop thinking about how much I liked the idea of it, as well as Dannflor's execution -- despite never actually haven taken part in the game itself.
06/01/2021
Aristophanes
Boonskiies
The writing in this game was amazing!
Boonskiies combined prewritten posts (for VC flavour) and his own writing of this girl's diary and really made the character come to life. He was asked mid game if he could finish writing it even if the game ended early because people wanted to have the story! I mean, I preinned the game when I saw the Game Ad "complete original flavor from the imaginative and depressive diary of fictional character, Little Boonie" because the flavour looked like it would be really good, and I knew Boonskiies would deliver, and he absolutely did!

There are some quirks in the writing that make it feel like Little Boonie wrote it. There are details, like the off hand self-correction about having one less mason jar but with no elaboration, that make her feel real. There's little things like the stream of thought writing that comes in a diary, the naivety of a young girl, the occasional mistakes that one would make in an unproofread diary, just little things that make it really feel that much more authentic.

I really wonder what Wonderland smells like.

That was a goddamn moment!
It just, it's exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a diary like this, but at the same point, it is something I would never think to include if I were trying to character build like this. It was really impressive work!

Some of the quotes that got me:
I always get super excited any time I get the urge to dress up
I’m a hopeful optimist. Unfortunately, it’s hard to stay optimistic when you’ve run out of hope.
I don’t think I’m the best at being funny, that was another thought I had, and I switched from that thought without having a proper segue to the other thought, but I thought that thought—eh, you get it, moving on.
My parents said I shouldn’t have sugar, though. I forget if I’ve told you that already. I forget a lot of things, who I’ve told what to, what I did what with and who.
(Though honestly all of Chapter 5 just sat a little too close to home. I feel like I know this person)
Not a quote but the eggnog introspection is really good
The handle starts to hurt my hand because it’s broken, kinda like my soul. I’m half-kidding, don’t worry. Little Boonie!!! :cry:
The dryer done did a dirty, and won’t work anymore, kinda like me, because I am broken. Oh well. :cry: :cry:

And do you want to know the best part? The absolute thing that makes this nom complete? Well the story didn't finish. It didn't "happy ending" when the town won. Because that's not how this works.
It was a snapshot of this girl's life and it started and ended the same way. There wasn't a thing that set off her depression. There wasn't a "get better" clause. No. It was just, there. She was just there. We got to experience her thoughts for the short time we were in the game. It was beautiful.

Thank you, Boonskiies, for this amazing writing! I can't say enough about how good it was!
06/01/2021
Hectic
Isis
I'm in love with the flavour Isis writes, to the point where I just /pre-in to all of her games because of it. The way she she inserts the players into the story she tells, while not revealing anything alignment-wise about them is beautiful, and she makes it look effortless.

The flavour in Undertale S Open in particular resonates with me; I remember looking forward to every flavour post she made just to see what would happen in the narrative she was telling. She even drew out cute pictures of our characters for our role PMs!
The ending was especially amazing. I was the deciding vote in 3p lylo and I finally vote with minutes left on the clock. I wait and refresh a little later and am genuinely spooked by what I see - for a while I thought the thread might've been glitching out with the HEAL: votes edited in lol
I have a nasty habit of sometimes skimming over flavour posts in other games, but the dialogue Isis writes between her characters is so
alive
, and full of charm and wit, that I always read them in full. She even wrote a hilarious alternative ending for the case that town won.
The immersiveness in her storytelling is very dangerous, it's like a black hole.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

Rising Star
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
25/02/20
gobbledygook
Sujimichi
-
Sujimichi has shown great skill as both alignments in just a short amount of time. Sujimichi plays the game in a refreshingly methodical fashion, navigating around pitfalls placed by both town and scum. Additionally, Sujimichi never imposes on other players or makes other players feel unwelcome. As I am reigning in how much I personally play, I will be looking to join games with Sujimichi because those games are always going to be fun. Sujimichi may not be as integrated into the sitewide community, but Sujimichi's play sets the bar high for any subsequent Rising Star nominations.
26/02/20
mastina
Sujimichi
-
When I first encountered Sujimichi, I immediately thought Suji had potential--and then was blown away by Sujimichi's clutch vig. In that game, there were enough mislynches where the last scum could have easily pulled off a win and while not widely townread, wasn't widely scumread. Suji managed to kill them anyway, and in doing so, directly cause the town to win. While that game finished in 2019 (and is thus ineligible for the 2020 Scummies), Sujimichi in this calendar year has continued to impress as a rising star. In Skyrim uPick, Sujimichi managed to vig
both
groupscum, one-upping Suji's prior vig performance. The Pine vig was particularly game-changing, as Pine was a slot who not many players were suspicious of and Pine being, well...PINE, taking him out of the game significantly helped out the town. In Sujimichi's first scumgame ever, nobody at any stage of the game even remotely suspected Sujimichi. Suji was able to flawlessly pull of a victory and make the right kill to seal the game as a scum win. Sujimichi is a player who is a breath of fresh air, someone who is logical, rational, but not overbearing, who asks questions, prods, pokes, and forms reasonable conclusions that push the game forward in the direction furthering Sujimichi's wincon. Who has a good understanding of how to use roles well and who is really good even without them.
13/03/20
Alisae
Farkran
-
Gets nightkilled n1 for being op When he gets to pop off as town, he destroys scumteams Apparently, he's also pretty good at scum too Also he has a 100% win rate as of writing this as of what 9 games? Data pool might be small but thats not bad. Idunno, what more could you ask for tbh. He has a really refreshing playstyle that I haven't seen in years.
18/08/20
northsidegal
Hectic
I plan to come back and fill this out more later, but I'd like to get it out there sooner rather than later.

This is really a no-brainer of a nomination to me. I think that Hectic loves mafia in a way that few people really do, and it really comes across to me. I think he's proven himself competent across almost all aspects of the game: his moderation shows an impressive level of polish and creativity, his towngame and scumgame are both (from what I know) very good, and his usage of alts shows an experimentation with playstyle that I personally relate to as indicative of a desire to really understand the game of mafia on a deeper level. And in this quest for betterment at mafia, he has never lost sight of the fact that mafia
is
, when it comes down to it, a game, meant to be enjoyed—whether on an alt or on his main, he game after game shows himself to be quite funny and a positive force in improving the experience for everyone else in the game.

Hectic unambiguously embodies the traits that I feel make up a rising star.

Three random games, because I need them: 1 2 3
10/12/20
shellyc
Noraa
'-
In slightly over 3 months, Noraa has already established herself on site firmly and has performed exceptionally as both alignments. Noraa not only has a refreshing and high-tempo playstyle, she also brings a huge amount of positivity to each game she joins. One of Noraa's unique traits is her high WIM and persistence, best illustrated in Death Curse. Despite the scumteam self-imploding within a few scroll passes, Noraa managed to make it to Xylo, holding firm against 9 townies. Noraa became universally townread since mid-of-day-1, with an astute awareness of threats and a very good emotional range. With over a thousand posts in the game thread, Noraa absolutely carried the scumteam in Death Curse and nearly clinched victory single-handedly. Noraa shows decent townplay as well, popping off in this game, managing to soulread me as scum very early on (page 7) and successfully drove my slot's launch D1. Noraa then managed to earn the scum nightkill N1, highlighting her obvtowness and energy that scum found hard to deal with. Another scumgame Noraa shone through in was Mini Normal 2174. This game was a perfect scum win made possible by Noraa's good positioning throughout. Noraa emulated solving well and supported her teammates when they were in danger of being launched by successfully pushing counterwagons. The final nail was a mislaunch on Hectic's alt on the final day, showcasing Noraa's skill at powerdriving launches.
10/12/20
Hectic
Noraa
'-
In just 4 months, Noraa has left a monumental mark on the site. Her WIM is monstrous and matched by no other; a "tsunami of persistence" is very fitting when it comes to describing Noraa's general attitude about mafia. She simply never throws in the towel as either alignment, and keeps fighting to the very last breath. The passion and desire that exudes out of her every post is unparalleled on the site, and I think that's really what makes up a key part of what a Rising Star should be. She's also insanely good at playing scum! My first encounter with Noraa was when she was newbscum in a newbie game. The game was being PoE and meched down and Noraa was looking like the best launch - but I
constantly
had doubts about how much FIGHT this newbie had in them... it was really unusual and nothing like I'd seen before. They just
would not
give up, and it made me extremely paranoid; surely a new scum player wouldn't have this kind of drive or passion, right? Nope, that's just Noraa. The next firsthand experience I'd like to use is Death Curse. A game where Noraa was universally townread with her 4 scum partners imploding early, and she proceeding to hard carry them solo for
mislaunches in a row. They finally caught her right at the end, but she should consider this a massive personal win. She also wins... a lot: In MafiaSunny, she carried her scumteam to a solo last-Noraa-standing win. In Korean Pop Music, she fearlessly drove the mislaunches and acheived a flawless scum victory. In Never Trust Trees, she achieved
another
flawless scum victory, being widely townread throughout. At this rate, Noraa will only continue to improve and grow as a player, and her enthusiasm and passion for mafia doesn't seem to be going anywhere. She's a fun and delightfully fluffy player to have around - also bringing wholesomeness and joy to the social side of mafia. A real Rising Star in many aspects.
18/12/20
Noraa
Ame
'-
This incredible watermelon murderer(as depicted by the prfpc) has been on site since December of 2019 with ~3000 posts. They have multiple impressive games with their ability to turn the tables in a game being the most impressive ability of theirs(imo). Both scum games of theirs that I am about to mention, they managed to play really well considering they weren't all that TRed to begin with. The first is Open 774 where they repped into a somewhat widely SRed slot and managed to completely flip the game inside out soon after replacing in. Lol maybe they need to get nommed for white knight(is that the replacement one?) It wasn't a scum win but impressive play regardless. We can go ahead and call it a personal win. The next scum game of theirs was a very tense one, Open 793 where the scum team looked extremely doomed due to the town leader being incredibly towny and accurate in their reads. Ame was able to convince town with their charisma and sow seeds of doubt in each townie's heart leading to a flawless scum win which is absolutely incredible given the existence of a town leader like that. Their town games are equally impressive! For example, Mini 2133 where they managed to shoot down a fairly TRed scum with their 1 shot tree stump ability and were directly involved with the downfall of another. Overall, amazing play! On a more serious note, what did those poor watermelons ever do to you?!!
18/12/20
Noraa
Hectic
'-
I think maybe I need to call him the king of alts and you'll see why in this short write up LMFAO. Buckle your seatbelts! We're going for a ride in alt land! In this first townie episode of gloriousness, our main character Hectic ventured out into the kingdom of evil(Open 790), undercover, as Cthylla! Our hero rushes into the game, nails all 3 scum dead to the ground on page five of the game in this post, pushes all 3 scum to their deaths, and leads town to a glorious victory. His courage and brilliance is depicted perfectly in this game! *Gets out my pom poms* Oh wait wait shoot. More about him not me and my pompoms :oops:. AHEM. In this second town game, our hero once again ventures out into the kingdom of evil. This time it is Mini Normal 2125 and our hero has gone undercover in the form of *drumroll* Paragon! Our hero fell asleep during the first part which lead to town's many mislims but then the poor town begged Paragon to save them in a 5 player lylo. And so the courageous Paragon woke up from his nap and picked out those two sneaky sneaky scumbutts, leading town once again, to a glorious victory! *yawn* Enough talk about his town play! His scum play is just as I N C R E D I B L E! In this series, our hero decided he would just sneak in as Hectic and hope no one noticed! This time, our hero was a villain :O He held that nasty red colored pm and looked around suspiciously. His partner accidentally fell into a hole and died day 1. This didn't stop our main character! Our courageous hero solo carried his team from day 2 and on to a glorious scum win! His night kills were incredibly accurate with both masons dying night 1 and 2. Overall, incredible player. Amazing friend and mod. ILY HECTIC <3.
18/12/20
Noraa
NorwegianboyEE
'-
Norwee is a rising star *wink wink nudge nudge* Don't mind me and my cringy human being vibes. One occurrence of brilliant play from Norwee is in Large Normal 227 where Norwee was a town tracker! In a very uncertain lylo, norwee cleverly added a few modifiers in his claim causing scum to not think he was a threat, leading to their demise when clever Norwee tracked them to their kills. Brilliant play! Another occurrence was Micro 958 where Norwee held a red role pm with his buddy George. They were nearing lylo with a set of decent cards. Norwee bravely sacced himself on day 3 giving George large amounts of towncred, pushed George into lylo which resulted in a scum win! Norwee played well and wiggled out of a scarily close day 2 elimination showing his expert scum skills. One final occurrence is Large Normal 228 where Norwee once again held a red role pm. With one buddy dying to a day 1 lim and another getting shot down night 3, Norwee solo carried thru lylo and to a glorious scum win! He played very impressively in all three games!
18/12/20
Noraa
Kanna
'-
My favorite IC on site, ofc Kanna, has some incredible looking games as well! See exhibit a: Micro 922. When all hell was breaking loose after her scum buddy, the dragon, flopped over and died day 1 to the curse of the lolhammer, Kanna was scared. But her charisma and IC energy won a near impossible game for her buddy, the dead dragon and herself. An impressive feat if you ask me! Exhibit b: Micro 958. Here Kanna was very short lived considering her votes were all on the two scum(not a single vote on a townie. v impressivo!). This lead to her demise during night 2 when the two sneaky scumbutts crept up and yeeted her into the dead thread showing how good of a player she is! Finally, exhibit c, Booney and Sky-ey game, where kanna and hectic morphed together to form a hydra called Conspire. They were a town third party(kinda) who betrayed town at the end and won with the mafia and a survivor. Very confusing and messy game but an impressive victory nonetheless! Me ish a big fan of Kanna. U see I came here for the signature :O *gets out the pen* *looks at kanna*
18/12/20
Noraa
JacksonVirgo
'-
My favorite mod and my first friend onsite :O JACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Had to start with that cuz DUH. They ish an amazing player as well as friend and mod :D See Large normal 229, one of their probably best games on site where their team got hella carried by them and Jacko DEEPWOLF'D THE FUCK outta that game. Gotta be more cautious of them from now on *shudders* In this game, a huge blow to the scum game came day 2 and night 2 where two members were lost just like ~poof~. Then shelly welly was picked out of a crowd day 4 and Jacko just deep wolfed the fuck outta everyone else with the help of momma bear Titus :D. Then there's also scary town games like Newbie 1990 where the amazing Jacko caught both scum day 1 in this post and died night 1 accordingly. It had ta happen cuz Jacko's reads wuz too bomb for the game :/ Another scary town game of Jacko's is Mini 2173 where Jacko deathtunneled scum DK leading to DK's death and the nk of scum hunting god Jacko cuz DUH. Basically, Scum!Jacko kick ass. Town!Jacko also kick ass. Everyone just gets their asses kicked making Jacko nom worthy for rising star.
25/12/20
Kanna
Noraa
'-
Noraabear only joined the site in the middle of this year, but has already become a name most people are familiar with. Whether it be through mafia games, discussion boards, or the speakeasy, no place is truly safe from the sunshine that is Nornor. When discussing Tsunami-Noraa, it seems unfitting not to mention Death Curse, where she showed brilliant tenacity in going from a widely scumread player into a widely townread one, secured 8 miselims, and became the last bear standing for her faction. Her postcount? A ridiculous 1500, which just goes to show how hard she worked to get there. She does not play games! As mentioned by other nominators, she also has several perfect scumgames, which shows her strength in playing the scum alignment. She also shows good townplay in Micro 983 where she was the first person to call out previously townread scum and managed to get herself locktowned for it. Unfortunately, I have not had many chances to play with Noraa, but tales of her WIM and good scumplay always reach me, and that just shows she is the most deserving of this title.
02/01/2020
Hectic
clidd
The first time I played with clidd, I was quite intrigued by what I saw. Doggos Among Us was the game, and his entrance was formal and extremely analytical - very unusual for a new player.
A cute style for sure, but nothing CRAZY. He continued like this for a while and everything was normal, until... he dropped THIS bombshell of a post. He just casually posts a megawall and calls out all 3 scum on
page 7
. That was the moment I realised clidd was no ordinary player.
We went on to flawlessly win that aforementioned game, largely due to clidd's reads and him consistently pushing them for the remainder of the game.

The first I saw him as scum was in a game that I was modding; Ultimate Conspiracy. They were short games and we played a couple of rounds - clidd rolled scum for both rounds, and oh did he perform in both. It turns out clidd isn't the type of player to sit back and coast as scum, he POWERWOLFs and attempts to control the town, and that's what he did in back to back games to win both times. The Sherlock v. Moriarty GIF-off he had with Datisi is adorable btw.

clidd has incredible passion for the game, and is capable of breaking any game wide open with hard analysis and theory. Also, fun fact: You couldn't tell, but English is his second/third language, and he writes up all of his posts in Spanish first and then translates them to English; the dedication and effort he exhibits to SOLVE is simply off the charts. Examples of the insane walls he posts can be seen here:
One / Two / Three / Four
His first post on the site

Fantastic solving prowess, impressive scumplay, and being a haemorrhagic pleasure to play with makes clidd a great Rising Star!
11/22/20
MURDERCAT
Noraa

I have participated in 13 games since returning to the site in September and Noraa has been in 7(!) of those games, so I feel well suited to make this nomination. Noraa is sometimes down on her ability to play town and famously hates being scum, but looking at the games that I played in this year Noraa was in all of my favorites either as herself or in one of her many hydras.

In particular, her scum game has come a long way and, in only a few months, has gained a reputation for being very strong. For reference please see:

MafiaSunny
Death Curse
FLvsPooky

I didn't participate in MafiaSunny, but I have briefly scrolled through it and Noraa was able to win in the endgame and, from what I've seen in the postgame comments, played a very strong game.
Death curse has been commented on multiple times in nominations, but the TLDR is that Noraa was able to avoid being elimmed D1 through pure force of will and made it to the final day.
In the latest game, I was a mason spending the entire game trying to convince my partners and the rest of town Noraa (and her hydra partner gloria) was scum, and despite her reputation it wasn't until much later in the game that anyone else really began to scum read her.

The effort that Noraa puts in as scum despite her dislike of the alignment is really noteworthy and the skill she has shown after just 4 months onsite is really impressive.

Also, I'm not sure if this is considered, but Noraa's impact on the site generally should at least be noted as well. I don't think that I even need to explain this really, you can look at the fact she has a title and a 25 page GTKAS thread after 4 months as evidence that she has become a visible, well-regarded user very quickly.
1/6/21
Flavor Leaf
Ydrasse
I didn't know of Ydrasse until I returned after a half year break, and when I came back, I found out.

Boardgames I was doing my thing, came in, Vig shot scum, went deep analysis mode, and Ydrasse coasted nicely with a doctor claim, and avoided the general solve plan. As this solve plan started to weaken, and after PookyPartner went down, Ydrasse was able to be perfectly positioned to kill the night and secure victory, almost from the backseat.

Pooky vs FL Ydrasse played very well here. As a vig, she shot the LHF slot who quickhammered, taking away a misfade option. Even without claiming vig, Ydrasse was able to come across as incredibly townie, and had strong reads, and forced themselves to be nightkilled over Masons after she claimed. She shot another misfade possibility in Toogelo, which lead to a concession of the scum team.

BTXIV: A Little Boonie Told Me After a rough beginning, and a scum partner going down Day 1, and another partner getting guiltied thereafter, Ydrasse and her partners managed to position themselves, and even in a losing effort, Ydrasse was able to get to Day 7 in the final 3. There was a time in this game that it looked like town was going to run scum over, but after the bus on their guiltied partner, they were able to get into an 8player complete reset, allowing the game to almost start over as a Micro Game.

Ydrasse is also modding games, and she's only going to continue becoming stronger.
06/01/2021
Hecticshiki
She goes by many names, but one thing is consistent across shiki's games... she has a habit of winning them.
During 2020, shiki has gone 9-4 as town, and 3-2 as mafia.

My first encounter was shiki was in mysterybox hate death spiral. The first sign of her brilliance was when she came into the game with extensive meta prepared on the entire playerlist, which was already going several leaps beyond. But the really unique thing about shiki is that she has these incredibly fun and creative theories that spew her town; no breadcrumb goes unnoticed past her eyes. I realised this when she made this incredible post.

She's had standout performances in every game I've modded that she's joined:
In Lunacy, she took the leap of faith, being the spark that made the werewolves realise that they were actually the town.
In Menagerie, all she needed were animal sounds to confidently nail scum, during a phase where players were post restricted to only post sounds resembling their animal.

Oh, and she has a great scumgame too.
In Normal Blitz II, she played a clean and towny game while she and her scumpartner shamelessly buddied each other. A flawless victory.
In Gacha Mafia, she cleverly finds a loophole to deny town an Innocent Child, and goes on to win a convincing solo scumwin, with the other two in the final 3 crossvoting.

Another really interesting aspect of her play is that she openly hunts PRs as both alignments, but does so in a way where only she picks up on their PRness, since others don't see what she sees. In Chain of Command, as Euphony, she boldly hunts for PRs as scum and SNIPES them, day and night (she also won this game flawlessly).

She's such a unique and interesting player that I could probably keep going on for a while, but I should probably not wallpost
too
hard. Hopefully this gives a good sense of shiki's Ascending Comet status!
8/1/21
Flavor Leaf
Dkkoba
Names on the List
Bending
BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me
Betrayal Mafia I

Quite frankly, Dkkoba has a presence and an ability to push through momentum at a high level. They say they have an extensive Chat Mafia background, and while I can tell it's an extremely Chat Mafia playstyle, it's clear Dkkoba knows how to play Mafia. In Names on the List, they were the only player correctly scum reading scum at the end of the game, and even stopped and realized that the tunnel they were in was in fact just that, a tunnel. They were able to see the game, and call out 2 of the 3 scum when nobody else was really considering us (yes, they correctly had me pegged as scum at the end).

In Bending, I was scum partners with Dkkoba, and Almost50 and I felt as if we had to try and defend Dkkoba, but Dkkoba was able to prove invaluable to victory, as both them and I ended up as the top 2 posters in the game, and our Day 2, we were able to completely control the game. They even got themselves out of a guilty on Day 3, and faded the counterclaim all while simultaneously setting up a deep pocket on another player, which ultimately lead to Dkkoba's eventual death causing that player to be misfaded from the associations.

Dkkoba had a Hero Replace in to a game over 200 pages in A Little Boonie Told Me, and their slot was one of the possible misfades. They came into the game and was the first person to call out the correct solve of the remaining 2 scum. While Day 6 they were pushing the wrong slot, the no fade followed by a kill, they were able to correctly come to the right conclusion and vote YdrasseScum in final 3 alongside Klick.

They understand balance far greater than most players who've been here about the same time, and understand what the optimal choices are to make as town. I'm sure there are many more games I'm missing, but even in my small sample size with Dkkoba, I can tell they deserve the nom. When I looked at the other Rising Star candidates, Dkkoba definitely deserves to be up there alongside them.
08/01/21
You ever been in a game of mafia, playing scum and just doing your own thing, when someone flies in, hard VIBECHECKS you, and catches you? That was Ydrasse.

I first encountered her in a frosty newbie game. She had this almost wallposty style, where'd she just do a stream of consciousness spew into the thread. Her tone and thoughts were incredibly obvtown, and she was a universal-townread for the game's duration. Her posts were fun, analytical, and made her thought processes very clear. We won on day 2.

Next up, I got to witness her first game outside of the newbie queue - allow me tell you the tale of the
cruise
upon the Anuket Topaz:

During day 1 on the deck, she was once again a UTR, voting and helping push scum to walk the plank. This game had a white flag mechanic, meaning town just had to launch 2 of the 3 scum members to win. On day 2, Ydrasse enters with a confident scumcase on scum, having already solved the voyage. Unfortunately, town underestimate her powers and fail to sheep her, mislaunching on days 2 and 3 against Ydrasse's wishes.
Day 4 rolls around and it's the deciding launch of the game. There's only a few slots that are no longer conftown, and Ydrasse is coming under some heat. Scum chose to throw Titus overboard on night 3 - who had Ydrasse as her top scumread the previous day. Scum's plan here is to frame Ydrasse and have her be the final mislaunch.
But she doesn't let this deter her. Using her obvtowny vibes, she fights, and fights, and FIGHTS.
Finally
, she's smacked town into shape and obvtowned despite scum's best efforts to set her up. She hammers the scum she originally scumcased back on day 2, sealing a brilliant win where she had to fight not only the scum, but the town too.

You might be wondering why anyone was even considering scumreading a newbie straight out of the newbie queue with towny posts like that. Well...
Shortly before this, she played her first scumgame. She powerwolfed, being universally townread for the entire duration, winning a solo victory while not even receiving a single serious vote past RVS. Those vibes can be scary too...

PookyVFlava, BoardGames, and Boonie also had excellent performances from Ydrasse. They've been expanded on elsewhere though, so I'll skip over the details.
Mini Normal 2175 is an example of how much of a strong threat Ydrasse already is. As a VT, she places scum as her top scumread on day 1, and is brutally murdered night 1 as a result. Epilogue is also a testament to this, where scum decided to use their only kill to snipe Ydrasse's pair during the intermission phase.

Ydrasse isn't all about obvtownspew and transparent walls though; her vibecheck is also one of the deadliest tools in her arsenal. E.g: Menalque didn't pass the vibecheck... he was scum. Bell failed the vibecheck... he was scum, etc.
At this rate, I only expect Ydrasse's VIBES to rise in strength, so, if you ever feel vibes waft through your vicinity, be very wary of whether they're hers, and just
pray
she's on the same team as you.
White Knight
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
03/08/20
Boonskiies
Weiss Schnee
THERE HE WAS, WEISS SCHNEE ATTEMPTING TO JOIN A NEWBIE GAME AS AN SE, BUT WAIT! OH NO! THE ACCOUNT HADN’T COMPLETED ENOUGH GAMES YET. ADORABLE, WHO IS ESSENTIALLY AT L-1 WITH NO WAY OF GETTING OUT OF A 250+ PAGE GAME LATE INTO THE GAME REPLACES OUT. “HERE’S MY CHANCE!” WEISS SCHNEE THOUGHT BEFORE TAKING THE SLOT JUST TO DIE IN. LITTLE DID HE KNOW, NO LONGER DID PEOPLE WANT TO LYNCH THE SLOT AFTER HE CAME IN. WEISS SCHNEE ENDED UP LASTING 5+ DAYS AND IMMEDIATELY BECAME LOCKTOWN IN THE EYES OF THE GAME DESPITE THERE BEING NO MECHANICAL REASONING FOR HIM TO BE TOWN. SCUM WERE IMMEDIATELY DEFLATED, AS THEY TALKED ABOUT HOW REPLACEMENTS CAN REALLY JUST RUIN GAMES. WEISS SCHNEE TOOK THE ENTIRETY OF THE MECHANICAL PUZZLE, AND SOLVED, AND WAS THE TOWN LEADER FROM THE MOMENT THEY JOINED. THE NEXT DAYS AFTER, MULTIPLE SCUM LYNCHES STARTED HAPPENING. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR A WEISS SCHNEE JOINING, I’M NOT SURE I COULD SAY THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOWN VICTORY. DAY 9, 5 PLAYERS LEFT, 1 SCUM, THE TOWN FINALLY HIT THE FINAL SCUM, AND THE TOWN ARE VICTORIOUS. HIGH LEVEL TOWN PLAY, LATE ENTRY INTO THE GAME, FLIPPED THE ENTIRE GAMESTATE, THIS IS A WHITE KNIGHT NOM IF I’VE EVER SEEN ONE.
27/03/20
Alisae
Churros
he replaced in he identifies scum gets it lynched does it again and wins the game What more could you ask for.
30/06/20
Dannflor
Wooper
This game had the mafia team sitting comfortable very early in Day 1, fairly certain that they would be coasting to not-too-difficult victory. The mafia was lead by a high-presence hydra that seemed poised to clinch the game as a deep wolf. Wooper's replace-in sent the mafia team scrambling to do damage control. Within half a page of posting, Wooper correctly identified two out the three person team, as well as throwing an FoS on the until now universal town read of Team STRQ. Wooper's sudden control of the game forced the hydra, Team STRQ, into a 1v1, as allowing Wooper to live past D1 with a correct solve would be unrecoverable. In a down to the wire elimination, Wooper was sent to Hell during the first phase. However, despite leaving the thread early on, his presence was felt for the rest of the game as the mafia team was unable to recover from the damage his solve and subsequent fight with Team STRQ did. The game was warped around this slot and there's no doubt that the outcome would have been much different had Wooper not replaced in when he did.
05/11/20
MURDERCAT
TheGoldenParadox
This game had a unique setup. There was no voting mechanic. Instead of 12 vanilla townies like you might have in a more traditional setup, we had 12 dayvigs. If you are worried about balance, don't be, as scum was a team of 4 with 3 goons and 1 godfather, who also had the ability to shoot during the day (and night). The most critical responsibility for town was placed on the 2 cops who needed to try to find scum despite days lasting a couple of pages at most. Unfortunately, in a huge blow to town, one of the cops was inactive and failed to submit a target on N2. By page 9, 5 townies were dead and all 4 scum were still alive. To even have a chance at a win, town needed a miracle. This miracle came in the form of TheGoldenParadox, who replaced in during N3. In the morning, the other cop was dead. The game was in TheGoldenParadox's hands. It took them only 7 posts to call out the entire 4 person scum team. Scum, panicking, then shot TGP 2 posts later. Sadly, town didn't have a happy ending worthy of TGP's performance, but I'm not sure what more you could hope to get out a replacement slot.
1/2/2021
mastina
MathBlade
In this game, PlusJOYED was a slot that, while not widely scumread, had a fairly real chance of being an elimination at some point. The game, at the end of D1, was largely stalled, with less than 24 hours until deadline.

Enter MathBlade. MathBlade immediately fingered both of the scum, made correct deductions, and even made the correct scumteam callout. Over the course of less than 72 hours, he turned a slot from elimination-bait into the best shot at the N1 nightkill, universally townread by everyone, and driving a commanding presence in the game. Had he not been immediately removed N1 by the scum (and removing him did become their top priority), he'd have singlehandedly led the town to victory on D2. And he did that in what amounts to less than 48 hours of posting. In two days, he managed to singlehandedly change the course of the game.
1/2/2021
mastina
Churros
Prior to Churros's replacement, the game was, largely, a disaster. After Churros replaced in, Churros managed to turn all the players who were convinced the slot was scum into correctly townreading Churros, and helped to, more or less, singlehandedly turn the game around to secure the second scum lynch of the game--which, thanks to that game's mechanics, resulted in an instant town win.
1/8/21
Flavor Leaf
Insanoflex
I'm going to use the same as my Master Strategist Nom here.
Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.
1/8/21
Flavor Leaf
Klick
There were a few great replacements in this game, but I think Klick will take it here. Klick came into this game as a hero replace in, coming in after the game had already been going for many day phases. Their slot was on the verge of being miseliminated, but Klick eventually was able to turn their slot around. They ended up being in a 1v1 at the end of the game with Ydrasse, and they were able to clutch out the victory. Dkkoba had been thinking Klick was scum on Day 6, but come Day 7, with Gypyx's death, Dkkoba was able to see Klick was not the scum in the situation. The sheer fact that Klick was able to go from the obvious fade of a day, and then play the game long enough to see 2 correct scum fades, and be 1 of 2 townies left alive at the end of the game is why they deserve this nom.
Hannibal Lecter
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
4/01/21
Kanna
Auro
When I think about Best Third Party Performance, the only one that comes to mind is Auro in BooneyToonz UPick.

In this slightly bastard game, Auro rolled "The New Sorcerer’s ABoontice," a third party scum who had infiltrated the group scum's PT. To win, he had to dismantle the scumteam, find his allies and convince them to work with him,
and
burn the town to the ground. Auro did just that. By the end, his positioning was so good, he was regarded as conftown due to a fake innocent from a confirmed mason, which allowed him push the last elimination. It was not a feat anyone could pull off, and even up to the end, I didn't know what Auro actually was.
05/01/2021
Okay, so this game was a ride! We we lucky to catch Ythan after he was culted, but the duo of innocentvillager and the worst were an absolute iconic duo this game. Titus culting the worst was a fantastic move and the cult had the entire thread eating out of the palms of their hands by the end of it with obvtown reads all around! It was an absolutely impressive cult game and I am happy to nominate those who brought it home in style!
Kodak Moment
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
10/02/2020
Plotinus
geraintm
geraintm forgot to bold his hammer vote in LYLO, so it couldn't be counted. They managed to lynch the person he flubbed the hammer on anyway on the next page, 18 hours later
13/03/20
Alisae
TrueSoulEnergy
TSE's main contributions in this game that made the game enjoyable was D1 he decided to "Spin the Wheel" because he randed Vengeful and wanted to die. What ended up happening was, because of how he announced everytime he was going to Spin The Wheel, it turned into a massive meme that made the game very enjoyable to just be in. Mostly because he would say "Its time to SPIN THE WHEEL" and I would make a funny meme out of it. Most people didn't like TSE doing this behavoir at first, but as he kept on doing it more, more people started to enjoy it. It goes to show that mafia can't really be a game thats just 100% serious 100% of the time. You need something fun happening in it, because at the end of the day, Mafia is just a game. TSE made the game feel less tense because he was taking an action to make the game bright and fun in a super serious game.
04/09/2020
Dunnstral
Nahdia & Beeboy
This setup had a mechanic where players could gain
Corruption
in various ways, androgybee (hydra of the two) had a role that sacrificed themself and reduced another players
Corruption
to zero. The town would die when receiving too much
Corruption
, but unbeknownst to the town at the time, since no mafia had flipped, was that the mafia died when reaching zero corruption. androgybee, upon receiving pressure, sacrificed themself out of the game, and set their townreads
Corruption
to zero. However, their townread was actually mafia who was in the middle of bussing and the player the mafia team likely wanted to win in endgame, thus changing the course of the game.
23/10/20
Iconeum
Alonzo & Bob3141
Imagine a game where town power faked a guilty that flipped green. Imagine that same game having multiple town fake claiming vanilla town. Imagine that game having a Novice 3-shot vig who, with it's first 2 shots, successfully killed 2 town power roles. Scum were guaranteed to win. 5p LyLo incoming, 2 scum still alive, their deepwolf performs the final act in what was a great fake claim (follower) and comes out with a fake guilty on Alonzo. Alonzo, who previously claimed VT (but who already got shot by the scumteam on Night 2 and survived), remains silent. Players do what they are supposed to do and race to put votes on Alonzo. Scum!Datisi hammers and somehow manages not to gloat too much in twilight. The mod comes online. The thread gets locked. Suspense running through the scumteam where the champagne glasses were already on the table. They open the spoiler containing Alonzo's flip and read: 'Town Bulletproof Vengefull'. Silence. Disbelief. Too many questions and thoughts to put in here. It took Alonzo about 0.006 seconds to send Bob's name in to be Venged. During Night, the vig uses it's last shot to put a bullet in the last scum's head. Never before in the History Of MafiaScum has a scumteam been this close to winning, only to see it slip away in a most dramatic fashion. Town victory.
22/11/20
PookyTheMagicalBear
Noraa
Three hours before a deadline that would spell certain doom, Bell continued to yammer on and on about how scummy Noraa was. Noraa also unfortunately had a chemistry class that she had not really prepared for at all. Knowing she would need time to turn the game around, Noraa asked Hectic for a deadline extension - no dice.. She knew she had to do something drastic, so she took out a gun and shot Bell in the face... One of the single most hilarious and brazen plays ever made in a game of mafia - Noraa is truly a legend.
25/12/20
Datisi
Bob3141 & Alonzo
*downs a shot of vodka* so, this game. there was a fake cop guilty (from town on town) that resulted in a speed-yeet on the "guiltied" townie. there was a 3-shot vig that used her first two bullets to shoot town power roles. there were townies lying in massclaim, which resulted in scum!bob3141 being treated as conftown after fakelcaiming town follower. by the time final five rolled around, scum had performed a successful (by that i mean towncred-gaining) bus, bob was still locktowned by all three townies, and nobody had the correct solve. surely,
surely
this town was beyond saving... right...? alonzo was scanned by a (basically) scum vanilla cop on night one, so scum knew he was not a vt. they tried shooting him on night two, he survived, and later on they pieced together that he was bulletproof. the only odd thing was that, even in lylo, he was still claiming to be a vt... bob fakeclaims a guilty follower result on alonzo. both other townies buy it, and it takes about three hours for a second vote to appear on alonzo. of course, the other scum immediately hammers it, thinking that the game is over. alonzo flips 1-shot bulletproof vengeful. deepwolf!bob immediately eats the venge. the vig uses her last bullet to shoot the last scum, who had just scumclaimed with the quickhammer. town wins.
01/01/21
Noraa
PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, MURDERCART, Fidget
Town was off to an amazing start with 1 scum dead day 2, 2 scums dead day 3, and 1 scum dead day 4. But after catching the first four scum, there was one scum left and her name was Noraabear the deepwolf. She took control of the game state quickly(Because one of her scum buddies, Fredrick Campbell, pulled a dangerous gambit to give her a semi conftown status) and lead town down a road of terror. Quick note before I continue on about the mechanics is that each day 1 person is voted out by majority vote and they choose someone to kill and that person chooses another. 3 eliminations per day and the flips come after all three are chosen. Day 5 Noraa lead town thru three town flips and stuff was looking bright and awesome for the scum team until the very last day. The very last day, the plist had only Noraa, Pooky, Murder, Bell, and Fidget. Immediately, Fidget is flashwagoned. Two more eliminations and Noraa wins! (pfft she thought) Fidget soon passes to Pooky and suddenly only Noraa, Bell, and Murder are "alive". All the time before this on this day, no one doubted Noraa - not even the tiniest tiniest amount. But now with only 3 possibilities left, people needed to be resorted. The big revelation starts with this post from Bell. It continues in this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, and many more. Eventually this leads to a dayvig from me on bell(now only Noraa and Murder are "alive") and then an informal concession from me and a town win after pooky's scroll pass to me. Town managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This revelation was extremely impressive and worthy of Kodak :mrgreen: Just writing this hit the feels big time but this town was incredible and they deserve this nom. The rest of this town also did incredible but these were the people at the very end that directly impacted my death so they are who I nommed but special mentions go to Uno for being the only person on day 5 to suspect me(bless his soul for being in three entire Noraa scum games) and our precious and amazing crown princess, Gloria.
03/01/2021
Hectic
Noraa
Okay, so, you're in a mafia game. There's been 8 mislaunches in a row and you're in the final 5 living players of 20. This is it, it's gone down to the last launch of the game, the decision that decides everything. Oh, and did I mention it's a
page game?
You're
the deepwolf. You've been universally townread for hundreds of pages and hard carried your scumteam but are finally being sussed out right at the end.
You have a factional private scum dayvig that's been unused for the entire game, it instantly kills a player and grants the game a 48 hour extension. It's public info that scum owns this, but it's not been optimal to use it. Using it would not change anything; it would only narrow the PoE down for the final launch.
There's only a few hours left on the clock and everyone's looking at you... you don't have a lot of time to change people's minds.

THAT was the situation Noraa was in during the final stages of Death Curse, and what must've been going through her mind when she made this post.
She was in a chem class... she needed a deadline extension... she realised what had to be done.
What proceeded was truly incredible.

Pooky sums up the events pretty well.
06/01/2021
I'd nom shellyc but no.
Basically, Shelly did a fake dayvig on Ydrasse (who ended up being the last living scum bringing the game to ELo) and normally it's like "whatever, that's a fake dayvig :roll:
BUT BOONSKIIES, oh fuck I love this guy! Boonskiies' finger "slipped" and the thread was locked for an extremely short amount of time. It was amazing! XD
It led to this goddamn masterpiece of a meme that I laughed at for a good couple of hours and Ydrasse proclaimed laughing at a whole day later!
Honestly one of the funniest succession of posts based around a fake dayvig I've seen in a longtime XD
Last edited by Aristophanes on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

Game Of The Year
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
13/02/20
Jingle
chkflip
This game was ~510 pages. This game had 40 people. This game lasted almost 4 months. This game had 5 replacements, one of which was an alt replacing a main. This game wasn't perfect. There were issues, and fights, and a dumb mislynch on me. But the players stuck it out and enjoyed it all the way through. There were cults and serial killers and variant roles and chaos and through it all everyone had fun. Activity didn't flag, and people continued playing right until the bitter end. chk managed to make flavor integral to the game in a way that felt fair, and there was an insane amount of discussion of roles. I think there were 5 separate 3p claims. And despite all of these moving parts and ways things could have gone wrong and ways things did actually go wrong: everyone was still happy with the game at the end. This was an actual game of mafia with 40 players, and it WASN'T a shitshow. I can't stress that enough.
13/03/20
Alisae
Professor Moriarty (Something_Smart & the worst)
While yes, this game was a town stomp because scum didn't exactly bring any game to the table and town did, this game doesn't represent that to me, because my name is Alisae, and I am the loser in this game, so I don't want to talk about it. Instead, I want to point out that this was a very fun game for all players involved (except the scum wins who were tilted that they didn't have a team because we're the losing team) The playerlist is the reason for this. 90% of players in this game, had at least some kind of contribution to the game to make it fun, and had fun. And the environment for it goes to show, while it was a super tense mafia game sometimes, othertimes it had light hearted "let's just have fun" and thats very important to have in mafia games. Having this feeling of being reminded "hey, this is just a game, so its important to try to have fun" is very important, and this game I feel like is a prime example for it.
18/08/20
northsidegal
FakeGod
FakeGod's design and moderation should hopefully need no introduction or further words dedicated to its quality. As for the players themselves, I think there was a sense of joy felt almost throughout this entire game. The amount of charts, memes, pokedexes and poems written during the game should be indicative of how much
fun
everyone was having – it was a completely toxicity free game, somewhat rare and slightly unexpected for a game both of that size and with anonymous accounts. I think that it was unanimously agreed that everyone involved in the game had a great time and enjoyed the playerlist immensely – I certainly did.
11/12/20
shellyc
Hectic
An interesting scroll-passing mechanic which essentially made every launched player a vengeful. Scum crumbling within a few passes yet deepwolf Noraa carried and brought the game to a tense finale. Town forming a solid townblock and ultimately came to the scum!Noraa realisation. Strong performances from both alignments and a good playerlist producing a 410-page game. Excellent modding and brilliant on-death flavour. That chem class shot. What a game.
23/12/20
mastina
schadd_
This game is genuinely the game that is the highlight of the year for me in all of the games I've played. The game's mechanics were interesting, the playerlist was fantastic, and the game was spectacular. It was genuinely an incredibly fun game that was interesting from start to finish. The game's unique take on the third party role was also brilliant (see below nomination), and overall the game was highly enjoyable. The players were amazing and the synergy was impressive.
1/2/2021
mastina
Blade Dancer (Titus)
This game was amazingly fun from start to finish, with an incredibly competent town and a fairly good scumteam who did well to keep the game competitive in spite of the town having the upper hand. It was a blast, and genuinely some of the most fun I've had in a game in the last 365 days. The town worked together fairly well, with only two mislynches--with one of them aided by a scum guiltying the town eliminated. They were, largely, on the same page, and the masons played incredibly well, but the scum still did a decent job at keeping the game competitive. It was genuinely fun and entertaining from start to finish, and a pleasure to be in and watch.
1/3/2021
Flavor Leaf
Nachomamma8 (and Tammy)
This game has a great narrative. It started off pretty rough, there was a FL-Cabd/Ffery duel, and there was a Remover role that wasn't fun, but the overall game I think is insanely memorable and created a fantastic game.
Besides the Day 1 misfade, this game was essentially a perfect game, and not because the scum team rolled over by any means. Every single day was maximized, and strong play from the town was able to catch scum. Something Smart fake softing an investigation leading to their death Night 1 as Vanilla helped secure the Day 2 fade on scum, after a long day of back and forth. This happened again on Day 3, where after a long day of going back and forth, the town kind of just got it together.
From then on, townies were able to create a strong town block, and Zmuffin lead a plan to secure a victory for town, essentially no matter what, and still Bork was able to get a situation where in final 4 they still had somewhat of a chance, no matter how small. Secret Tunnel hydra (Notscience/IV) was able to go from the main scum candidate to becoming undeniably obv town by play alone. Cabd/Ffery hydra was stellar at leading town. Bell was a great town support, 420 Blaze It got a clutch protect, I loved my pseudo masonry with The Bulge, and to top it all off, immediately after this game ended, Xenoblade II started, and Notscience, Ffery, Cabd, Myself, Bell, and Midwaybear were all able to almost immediately read each other correctly and mindmeld to an amount I have never seen before, and I believe that all was able to happen because of this game. Nacho/Tammy were great mods, and even though the Remover role wasn't fun to be removed, I actually don't mind it as a function for the setup they were creating. Very little power, but weird af power, and that was fun. Every single slot had a high amount of agency, and I gained a high amount of respect for every player in this game.
1/4/21
MURDERCAT
Hectic & Nero Cain
Death Curse
Death curse has been mentioned in a lot of other nominations, but I thought it deserved another writeup for GOTY. To set the stage, this game had 20 players and at least 14 spectators, so there was a lot of attention on it. I think it's fair to say the game didn't disappoint. The mechanic was simple, but unique. The flavor provided by Hectic was entertaining. But above those things, the gameplay was engaging throughout with some very exciting moments.

The game began with scum Noraa being called out very early, which led 8 townies immediately wagoning her all the way to E-3. As scum considered bussing, Noraa fought to AtE her way to back into the game. Amazingly, scum managed to avoid disaster and flipped 3 town on D1. Somehow they had gained the upper hand and town needed a scum flip. Luckily for them, MUSHSHAGANA took over the game and suddenly town was able to flip 3 scum relatively quickly. Town then seemed to have the upper-hand as they quickly sorted through what was left of the elimination pool. But inexplicably, Noraa had become a deepwolf and was poised make it all the way to the end. Town continued to eliminate themselves, each time more exasperated that the game wasn't ending. On the final day, in a grand crescendo, town found themselves with a 1/3 final shot to win the game. After much deliberation, finally town realized that Noraa was the final scum. With her back against the wall and time running out, Noraa executed the dayvig heard round the world.

To me, this is pretty much the perfect game of mafia. This game isn't just the story of Noraa the deepwolf, it was a 400 page epic with strong gameplay from both sides. It was a back-and-forth affair and it wasn't clear who would come out on top until it was all said and done. The ending was satisfying and, in many ways, poetic. For all those reasons and more, it is certainly *my* game of the year.
1/6/2021
Flavor Leaf
Krazy
This was likely my favorite game all year. I always enjoy Krazy's games, and they are essentially the only Upick's I play. We were allowed to choose from any type of animal, mythical or real, and the abilities that were given to correspond to each was fantastically setup. Prior to this, Krazy's Anime Upick was my favorite Upick, and it wasn't a question. Now I have 2 up for that title.

This game had insanely fun day phases, strong town play, and ended in an amazing final 3. There were a lot of cool things, scum even got double guiltied from a role that could target 2 people to see if they are aligned. I was so inspired from this game, I ended up writing a scum guide based on the play by play of this game because I was thinking about the game so much.

This is the type of game that makes you excited for the next type of Upick by the mod.
Post Of The Year
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Link
Description
07/01/20
Pink Ball
xReckonerx
I thought the Curb Your Enthusiasm meme was overused and would never make me laugh again. Somehow, the over extension of the music made this very appealing, and the reminiscence of the famous scumastina video gives us a nostalgic trip to the past, even if you weren't here when that happened. You know what I mean? Like when you hear Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love and reminds you of yourself having a cup of coffe in Tokyo in the 80s even when you were born in '93, you're from Chile and never been to Japan? Just like that. I lost track. 8/10 it has a little something for everyone
03/11/20
D3f3nd3r
xReckonerx
On July 1, Reck was on a work call of some sort, where he discovered the mascot for the Count On Me NC tourism campaign: Sunny. Once he introduced Sunny to us, we laughed, we memed, we cried (probably), we made him into three emojis on the MS Discord, there was an avatar trend, there was a Mafia game, and so on. At the start of that Mafia game, some players were confused as to what Sunny was since he mainly came up on the Speakeasy, so Reck (a player in that game) wrote this history, letting everyone know that "sunny is everything".
03/11/20
Aristophanes
xReckonerx
This post is a beautiful work of art! Not only does it give an awesome backstory for Sunny, one which many people did not know but were curious about, it does so in a way which encapsulates the audience. The memes, the writing, the sheer greatness of this post and the reverence to Sunny are fantastic and hilarious. It is both informative and peak meme. It is amazing! All Hail Sunny!
20/12/2020
OkaPoka
mastina
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff
One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.
26/12/20
petapan
Bingle
the greatest and most informative infographic i have ever seen
05/01/2021
This nom is probably going to get vetoed but it was a great post for so many reasons!
Community Contributor
Date Added
Nominator
Nominated
Game & Link
Description
2/19/20
Alisae
the worst
Replacement Queue
GTKAS
Scummies Nomination Thread 2020
Makes sure the Speedrunner award is handed out in a timely manner.
Worker duck makes the wheels go round, wheels go round, wheels go round, worker duck makes the wheels go round all day.
03/01/2021
Hectic
Alisae
N/A
Alisae's been constatly encouraging people to submit nominations for a while now, and I've even heard of
scouting missions
where individuals have been sent on quests to nominate deserving candidates (people in question may choose to vouch if desired).

But yeah, for organising, maintaining, and updating this thread - which is a great and fun part of the site; I think Alisae would be very deserving of Community Contributor.
05/01/2021
The MafiaScum Member of the Month is a really fantastic idea, especially considering the year in which it was released. It's been a rough time for everyone, but having a place to nominate the little things that would never warrant a scummy nom is really nice! I love seeing the nice things people have to say about others on the site each month <3
05/01/2021
The Discussion Moderators and Zoraster worked overtime when this announcement was made public. They had to endure stresses that I don't think many mods on this site have, and had mountains of reports, and requests pile up in mere moments. They were vigilant on the boards and reacted with record speed to things that were starting to bubble up in order to avoid as much toxicity as they could. They did an amazing job and the site is so much better for having them around. I want to nom so many people from this thread for their responses to it, but I think nominating the DiscMod team that was active in dealing with it is the right choice.
05/01/2021
Reliably running Song Contests for 10 years is a goddamned achievement and they deserve to be nominated every year for this shit! It's legitimately been said in these threads that Song Contests are one of the only reasons certain members continue to frequent mafiascumdotnet. Absolutely wonderful!
05/01/2021
I don't have one link so the description will have to do.
T-Bone is the Open Queue Listmod. That's awesome and we appreciate all the time he puts into it! But that's not why he's being nominated here.

In his position as Site Staff, T-Bone has undertaken many projects this year. Many are related to the Open Games and Queue framework, but not all of them. He's taken on a huge role in Marathon Weekends, one of the joys people have looked forward to for years, but especially during Covid when long weekends that are normally spent outside with family or friends end up being spent alone. He has been a pivotal player in Term Replacement on the Wiki despite starting with limited knowledge on how the Wiki functions. He is always putting himself out there to make the site better and is always happy to amass a team of people to help so that their skills work together and result in a better end product.
05/01/2021
You know how we all have to click "Board Index" now instead of using the Banner we once had? Well, we lost a lot more than just thatbanner when it was taken from us. We had to change the images on our Social Media pages, on our Boards here, and on our Wiki pages. One of the most high-traffic parts of this site is those Wiki pages, and it's what sets us apart from a lot of other mafia forums. (Well one of the things, but I digress)

When we lost those images, Reck stepped up to the plate and made us knew ones. And I LOVE these new ones! They have a similar colour schemeto the old ones but they're so much more crisp. So adult. Having them on the Wiki and on the Social Media pages was a great change, and it was done so quickly I'm rather amazed! Whether they are teporary or permanent, they deserve a nom here.
05/01/2021
With the absence of out beloved host from past years, these two came together to Administer and Administrate the SUPP Poll for 2020. It was undoubtedly a lot of work and I know the site was grateful they picked up that mantle so that the tradition did not falter.
1/7/2021
OkaPoka
mastina
Jingle
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff
One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.
05/01/2021
Datisi's designs for the scummies banners are incredibly stylized and look amazing. I don't believe that it's very well known that Datisi was the one who made them, but I believe that it's worth recognition.
05/01/2021
Caledfwitch put a great deal of effort into graphic design for the new logo, some of which was visible publicly in the logo thread, but much of which wasn't. That deserves recognition.
Last edited by Aristophanes on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

reserved
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

Q
: Wait, why is speedrunner's missing?
A
: Nope, they will still be included. Speedrunners is being adjusted to be awarded at the end of every marathon weekend and when a marathon weekend starts, that will get its own thread and that will be up at the end of every marathon weekend.

Q
: So is this thread duck powered now?
A
: Yep, we are moving from an Ali based management to duck power management. the worst is the person to talk to about nominations. His role will be similar to mine last year.

Q
: Can I still just post "nth" to nth an award
A
: I mean you can, but it will not be included. If you wish to support a nomination, fill out the form and contribute a write-up.

Q
: So what actually changed aside from Speedrunners?
A
: Nothing, though the mashies now have a new award.

You can find the Mashies Nomination Thread here.
You can find the Speedrunner Nomination Thread here.
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by the worst »

quack :)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

owo
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Krazy »

*note to self to nom boon for paperback writer*
vote conspiracy
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Kodak Moment
2020-Feb-10 Plotinus geraintm Newbie 1978 | Frost geraintm forgot to bold his hammer vote in LYLO, so it couldn't be counted. They managed to lynch the person he flubbed the hammer on anyway on the next page, 18 hours later
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Jingle »

Ego

I’ll write up goty and paperback for d&d soonish. Maybe.
This is a Parachute.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

Scummies suck
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Excitement. Blank graphs marks a new era.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 13, Jingle wrote:Ego

Game of the Year
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition This game was ~510 pages. This game had 40 people. This game lasted almost 4 months. This game had 5 replacements, one of which was an alt replacing a main.

This game wasn't perfect. There were issues, and fights, and a dumb mislynch on me. But the players stuck it out and enjoyed it all the way through. There were cults and serial killers and variant roles and chaos and through it all everyone had fun. Activity didn't flag, and people continued playing right until the bitter end. chk managed to make flavor integral to the game in a way that felt fair, and there was an insane amount of discussion of roles. I think there were 5 separate 3p claims.

And despite all of these moving parts and ways things could have gone wrong and ways things did actually go wrong: everyone was still happy with the game at the end. This was an actual game of mafia with 40 players, and it WASN'T a shitshow. I can't stress that enough.

Paperback Writer
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition Sometimes games have flavor that matters to the game. They usually suck. That's not the case with this one.

chk managed to make 40 unique roles with flavor and story for each, then tie that flavor to day start and end chapters of flavor in a way that provided hints for the game but didn't unfairly break it. He consistently kept the flavor present and relevant through the entire game, making things make sense for all roles involved. It turned out the FBI agent was the sister of one of the town lovers and there was a disapproving father for the lover partner and all of that was just tangential to the game. It was unnecessary detail that chk only put in to fill in the story behind the game.

There was a role that served to send small flavor filled messages about the various members of town, as well. And all of this flavor stayed both interesting and relevant until the end of the game itself. It was beautiful, and it convinced several people that they wanted to play D&D just because of the flavor in a mafia game. (Despite that flavor actually being Pathfinder, but w/e)
This is a Parachute.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

astounding!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Unbelievable!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

Unconceivable!
GTKAS
| here.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 16, Jingle wrote:
In post 13, Jingle wrote:Ego

Game of the Year
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition This game was ~510 pages. This game had 40 people. This game lasted almost 4 months. This game had 5 replacements, one of which was an alt replacing a main.

This game wasn't perfect. There were issues, and fights, and a dumb mislynch on me. But the players stuck it out and enjoyed it all the way through. There were cults and serial killers and variant roles and chaos and through it all everyone had fun. Activity didn't flag, and people continued playing right until the bitter end. chk managed to make flavor integral to the game in a way that felt fair, and there was an insane amount of discussion of roles. I think there were 5 separate 3p claims.

And despite all of these moving parts and ways things could have gone wrong and ways things did actually go wrong: everyone was still happy with the game at the end. This was an actual game of mafia with 40 players, and it WASN'T a shitshow. I can't stress that enough.

Paperback Writer
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition Sometimes games have flavor that matters to the game. They usually suck. That's not the case with this one.

chk managed to make 40 unique roles with flavor and story for each, then tie that flavor to day start and end chapters of flavor in a way that provided hints for the game but didn't unfairly break it. He consistently kept the flavor present and relevant through the entire game, making things make sense for all roles involved. It turned out the FBI agent was the sister of one of the town lovers and there was a disapproving father for the lover partner and all of that was just tangential to the game. It was unnecessary detail that chk only put in to fill in the story behind the game.

There was a role that served to send small flavor filled messages about the various members of town, as well. And all of this flavor stayed both interesting and relevant until the end of the game itself. It was beautiful, and it convinced several people that they wanted to play D&D just because of the flavor in a mafia game. (Despite that flavor actually being Pathfinder, but w/e)
Nth
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hi everyone!
Feel free to start nominating marathons for the Speedrunner award here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82188
GTKAS
| here.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Micc »

Moment of Brilliance
2/17/20
Micc
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane had two of the three members of the scumteam pegged about half way into Day 1 of this 15 player game. At that point Eddie took over the game by leading scum lynches on both Day 1 and Day 2. Because of Eddie's efforts the Town moved to Day 3 with a seemingly insurmountable advantage. The following lynches were heavily influenced by a Town fakeclaim gambit, but at one memorable point early in Day 4 I was pinged by Eddie on Discord. "mark it for the record that my top pick for scum is nacl and i can't push him cause of the gambit lmfao". Let the record be known, Eddie was right with that read too. When the gambit finally broke with a Town PR flip on Night 4, Eddie's first post of the new Day Phase was a vote to start what would become the final lynch wagon of a dominating Town win.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 22, Micc wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2/17/20
Micc
Eddie Cane
nth
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If we can start doing that for Team Mafia stuff, I might nom SS for that same game for Master Strat.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”