Normal Game Balance

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Mini-normals are...

Strongly townsided
12%
Townsided
48%
Actually balanced
40%
Scumsided
No votes
Strongly scumsided
No votes

Total votes: 25

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 28, skitter30 wrote:While we're at it something that bugs me that is actually kinda common is when scum prs have very little relationship to town prs. So when you're scum playing such a setup you really have no idea what you're going up against whatsoever. So you'll make an educated guess what the town prs are based on what you have, but it turns out you were barking up a totally wrong tree (and may have made a fatal misstep taking that educated guess ... )

Things like scum getting a ninja when there arent any tracker/watcher type roles in the setup, that sort of thing

This is one of my biggest pet peeves wrt setup-spec and balance ^

The problem is like, if mafia power is in fact linked with town power, as soon as a mafia PR flips there will be a lot of claims that are gonna be really close to cleared in any case i think

Also wow, everyone is shitting on my setup lmao :lol:
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 30, implosion wrote:For what it's worth, there are plenty of normal game reviews where the reviewers will describe things as swingy but balanced.
(For the record, about 90% of my reviews tend to have this line in them because there are very very very very few games run that're low on swing while being balanced. It's impossible to get rid of swing altogether, but swingy-as-fuck setups are by far the norm. I'd actually be happy with less-swingy setups, but that's on the setup designers, not the setup reviewers, because reviewers should work with the moderator's design intention and if the moderator wants an intention that has inherent swing to it, which they almost always do, then the result will always be swingy.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”