Don't rely on Tone (Gut can be fine)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

mineeeee and alright I see
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Townblocking is the best thing ever if you're scum. It lets you have a group of people you can kill inside without suspicion (oh they shot from the town block again, typical), it lets you have an excuse to mob justice people (they're not part of the town block, off with their heads!) and people HATE being wrong. Townblocks are beautiful flowers. They live a short period of time, and you respect them while they're alive. Then night phase happens and they die, and no more beautiful flower. I set my town block on fire after every night phase. They live one day.

As for tone, I've 100% caught scum on tone. It 100% fails on certain players.

Now gutreads... I don't like them. I don't like them at all. Try to talk them through. If you can work out in your head what you don't like, you'll have learned something. I mean face it, your gut read is probably 40-50% likely to be scum tops, so refine what you did there.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

People keep telling me that but in my experience it’s overwhelmingly town that tends to do that, scum is far more likely to have way more srs than trs, yet I keep hearing this. Scum is very likely to have extremely waffley like reads the most because it makes it easier to change their reads and pivot from them. As in X seems townie because X but Y reads scummy to me etc. Sure town can do this to of course as an honest read but because scum needs to set up eventually miselims they don’t really want to be townlocked on too many slots. When someone has way too many trs, they tend to get wrongly sr for that because it’s nearly always town who does this imo.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Agree with that to an extent. Mostly because most scum players are extremely bad. The level of scum play has always been fairly low.

Ask yourself how often you've seen a townie change their mind on a slot. That's how often a scum player can.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 28, GreyICE wrote:Agree with that to an extent. Mostly because most scum players are extremely bad. The level of scum play has always been fairly low.

Ask yourself how often you've seen a townie change their mind on a slot. That's how often a scum player can.
I guess that’s true, however one strong scumtell for me is a slot not being adaptable on reads. Town is far more likely to waffle on different reads where as scum tend to find it far more difficult to adapt their pushes.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:25 am

Post by callforjudgement »

It wouldn't surprise me if scum don't "change their mind" much because they think it would be seen as scummy, whereas town do because they've genuinely changed their mind.

It also wouldn't surprise me if people do indeed, in that situation, generally read the townie as scummy for changing their mind, and them scum as townish for being consistent.

Looking town as scum isn't about doing what a townie would do, it's about doing what people
think
a townie would do, and if the two are different, you can exploit that.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 30, callforjudgement wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if scum don't "change their mind" much because they think it would be seen as scummy, whereas town do because they've genuinely changed their mind.

It also wouldn't surprise me if people do indeed, in that situation, generally read the townie as scummy for changing their mind, and them scum as townish for being consistent.

Looking town as scum isn't about doing what a townie would do, it's about doing what people
think
a townie would do, and if the two are different, you can exploit that.
Yup. I once had a player tell me "I only townread you when you're scum." I was like... "do you think there might be a reason for that?"

Nooo, clearly it's the kids who are wrong.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Mafia Discussion”