Question regarding outside influence

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Question regarding outside influence

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:00 am

Post by kuribo »

I know I've asked before about conjuring spirits and demons to assist in my scumhunting, as well as whether or not I would be able to continue playing as a ghost in the event of my death. But now I have a more serious question:

If I dream that someone is scum and I vote them, is that considered outside influence? After all, my dreams occur in my mind and my mind is a part of the game.

What if I take copious amounts of DPH and the Hat Man comes to me and tells me a player is scum? Is he an outside influence or are hallucinations considered a part of me?

What about fever dreams?

Would I be permitted to scumhunt via gematria? Ie, "aha the letters in this guys user name adds up to the number 31, which is always scummy?" Is it only a problem if I tell them that's why I'm voting them?

Suppose I am visited in the night by two talking dogs. One of them always lies and one of them never lies, and they both accuse a player of being scum. Should I assume that the player is third party? Or should I assume that once again I am dreaming or hallucinating because they can't POSSIBLY both call this guy scum and have the riddle make any sense at all! Or should I just figure that talking dogs can't be trusted and thus have nothing to offer me in terms of a game advantage?

One more: what if I'm exploring an abandoned hospital and I'm bombarded with X-rays from an old machine, and while exploring the ruins I find medical records listing the past and future alignments of every mafia scum game in perpetuity? This question may be time sensitive due to X-Ray exposure.

Any help from other players or the site admins would be appreciated.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Cook »

Hmm...

0. Seek replacement.

1. If you dream someone is scum and I'm in the same game as you, I'm just going to vote you to confirm your scumdream. Otherwise, it's likely not outside influences.

2. If the Hat Man is registered for a MafiaScum account, I'd say you should contact the mods.

3. Delusions. It's likely not outside influences.

4. That's just a more complex version of RVS.

5. Use your 2-Shot Vigilante on one dog and request a Lie Detector check the other one.

6. X-Rays have nothing to do with this. As far as the medical records...
You have larger problems.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:42 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1, Cook wrote:1. If you dream someone is scum and I'm in the same game as you, I'm just going to vote you to confirm your scumdream
That makes no sense though, dreaming someone is scum doesn't make me any more likely to be scum than finding scum by other methods such as tone, vote counts, or shaking chicken bones at a full moon.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Cook »

In post 2, kuribo wrote:
In post 1, Cook wrote:1. If you dream someone is scum and I'm in the same game as you, I'm just going to vote you to confirm your scumdream
That makes no sense though, dreaming someone is scum doesn't make me any more likely to be scum than finding scum by other methods such as tone, vote counts, or shaking chicken bones at a full moon.
Right but you can claim to dream someone is scum as the condemner and now you've just won assuming your dreams are more omniscient than you
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:07 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2, kuribo wrote:shaking chicken bones at a full moon
I've told you at least a hundred times, this is completely fucking legitimate and my primary scumhunting method that has supported a 12 year career on this site, so please stop your slander.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Ythan »

Long as gematria is fine.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:20 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4, AGar wrote:
In post 2, kuribo wrote:shaking chicken bones at a full moon
I've told you at least a hundred times, this is completely fucking legitimate and my primary scumhunting method that has supported a 12 year career on this site, so please stop your slander.

I mean I just said it was valid! Now, mouse bones on the other hand, that's just superstitious nonsense.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:22 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 5, Ythan wrote:Long as gematria is fine.

You would say that, your username adds up to 5 which means you're not to be trusted. Unless your birthday plus your join date adds up to at least 7 but not more than 9. If that were the case I could trust you.

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Krazy »

When you dream someone is scum, they're probably town being warlocked. Your dream is processing the unholy powers being inflicted upon the poor soul, and what you perceive as them being scum is the perception more that your perception of their aura has been corrupted
vote conspiracy
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Bell »

DREAMS AREN'T REAL BUCKO.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 0, kuribo wrote:What if I take copious amounts of DPH and the Hat Man comes to me and tells me a player is scum? Is he an outside influence or are hallucinations considered a part of me?
well, given that yes your allucinations are your own, but that DPH is an outside substance, and therefore influence, you would need to create some yourself in order to be under the site rules

hope this is helpful
bottom text
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 10, Gypyx wrote:
In post 0, kuribo wrote:What if I take copious amounts of DPH and the Hat Man comes to me and tells me a player is scum? Is he an outside influence or are hallucinations considered a part of me?
well, given that yes your allucinations are your own, but that DPH is an outside substance, and therefore influence, you would need to create some yourself in order to be under the site rules

hope this is helpful

But then you've outlawed drunkposting during games.

Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 10, Gypyx wrote:

hope this is helpful
Technically speaking, if you made it yourself, that would be illegal, and, therefore, outside the law, and, therefore, an outside influence. First, you would need to obtain the proper certification, lab equipment, and also be hired by a pharmaceutical firm to be able to legally produce diphenhydramine, and then you would have to make it yourself, and then track the produced and packaged batch to a store, and re-purchase it over-the-counter, then return back to your private residence and take copious amounts of it.

Very complicated.

In addition, if someone else were to make the DPH you were to consume and you were to glean potential game information from the altered state produced from it, it would be considered an outside influence in the conventional sense – someone assisted you in gleaning game information.

However, this can be seen as up for debate and interpretation of the courts, as you were
technically
the one to come up with the information, but then that information is also up for interpretation as well, as someone assisted you in the creation of the state in which you got this information. It's like a 1-shot Role Cop Enabler when the Role Cop is a Hidden Vig – is the Enabler responsible for the killing that the Role Cop did?

Also, I don't recommend playing a game requiring logic and coordination while high off your ass, but, hey, you do you.
Last edited by Cook on Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 11, kuribo wrote:
In post 10, Gypyx wrote:

hope this is helpful

Idk whether this is true but I
feel
more obviously townwhen I drunk post so there may be something to this.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 11, kuribo wrote:
In post 10, Gypyx wrote:

hope this is helpful

as long as you make your own drinks / hydra with someone who knows how to make them it's fine
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 12, Cook wrote:
In post 10, Gypyx wrote:

hope this is helpful
Technically speaking, if you made it yourself, that would be illegal, and, therefore, outside the law, and, therefore, an outside influence. First, you would need to obtain the proper certification, lab equipment, and also be hired by a pharmaceutical firm to be able to legally produce diphenhydramine, and then you would have to make it yourself, and then track the produced and packaged batch to a store, and re-purchase it over-the-counter, then return back to your private residence and take copious amounts of it.

Very complicated.

In addition, if someone else were to make the DPH you were to consume and you were to glean potential game information from the altered state produced from it, it would be considered an outside influence in the conventional sense – someone assisted you in gleaning game information.

However, this can be seen as up for debate and interpretation of the courts, as you were
technically
the one to come up with the information, but then that information is also up for interpretation as well, as someone assisted you in the creation of the state in which you got this information. It's like a 1-shot Role Cop Enabler when the Role Cop is a Hidden Vig – is the Enabler responsible for the killing that the Role Cop did?

Also, I don't recommend playing a game requiring logic and coordination while high off your ass, but, hey, you do you.
dude, i'd totally break the law if that allowed me to scumhunt properly
bottom text
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Cook »

But it'd be considered an outside (the law) influence
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Gypyx »

look, we're playing a game where we murder peoples, i don't think that's too problematic
bottom text
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Cook »

In post 17, Gypyx wrote:look, we're playing a game where we murder peoples, i don't think that's too problematic
But you're scumhunting, which implies you are anti-scum – AKA Town.

Townies don't murder. You're not breaking the law.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Gypyx »

eh, pretty sure mobbing and executing someone is illegal lol, especially without solid proof
bottom text
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

What a cop should really do is passively arrest everyone who was on the last elim wagon every night, removing them from the game
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Ythan »

Only being a member of an organized crime family is illegal. But not if you're in charge. Also milling grains.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 21, Ythan wrote:Only being a member of an organized crime family is illegal. But not if you're in charge. Also milling grains.
also, living next to more than 1 person probably means there's a baddie among y'all
bottom text
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:35 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 18, Cook wrote:
In post 17, Gypyx wrote:look, we're playing a game where we murder peoples, i don't think that's too problematic
But you're scumhunting, which implies you are anti-scum – AKA Town.

Townies don't murder. You're not breaking the law.
In post 21, Ythan wrote:Only being a member of an organized crime family is illegal. But not if you're in charge. Also milling grains.

I think Miller just means loiterer. Like someone who looks suspicious because they're always milling about doing nothing.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Ythan »

I recall reading somewhere that it was a Steve Miller reference but I don't know if that's true.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”