Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by T3 »

i had a nom in mind for a while and every time i get on laptop i keep forgetting to write it up :lol:
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

Moment of Brilliance
29/10/2021 RH9 Dwlee99,MafMen,Prism,Tammy,Wisdom,Ydrasse, Enchant,cool cookie,PookyTheMagicalBear,the worst Open 834: Trust Fall
I spectated the game with Gamma Emerald and it was modded by numberQ. Town won in three days with no Mafia interruption. Not a single Mafia got to do a Trust Fall. Neither of them, I think, even got trusted. I think that this was the fastest Town win, I ever witnessed. I think that this was kind of bad for the Mafia, who didn't get a chance to Trust Fall. I actually thought that Mafia would get a chance to do a Trust Fall. Sadly, for them, Town was too good. I would consider this the most interesting game to spectate so far. So that is why I'm giving all the Town members a nomination for managing to perfectly win a Trust Fall game in three days.

I also included two players who got replaced as well as their replacements. I never nominated anybody before. Can somebody tell me what to do about this?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

You must now commence battle with your nominations to
become
your nomina- no, wait, different thing.

Nah, you just need to send in the nomination here, that's all.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:06 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Moment of brilliance
30/10/21 CheekyTeeky Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, mastina, House Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Mafia The whole town played well, from all Vanilla baiting the NK N1 to obv towning throughout the game. I chose these players specifically as I believe the town win was made all the more inevitable because of their contributions.

Toogeloo had sound flavour knowledge that enabled town to discern between potential fake claims and obviously town roles.

Sakura Hana was able to filter down the game mechanics and actions to accurately PoE two scum PRs.

Mastina rallied the town around Sakura's PoE and pushed for mostly scum eliminations.

House (active part of a hydra though Yume could be considered too) played his role so well that he was never an NK target and he was able to successfully use his role each night so that a strong townblock was formed which narrowed the PoE considerably.

All of these players made significant contributions to the game outcome and used their roles well. Thanks for the game everyone it was really enjoyable ^.^
<3 xx
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:36 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

The Modfather
11/29/2021 PookyTheMagicalBear Morning Tweet Slaughter Hour

Mini 2231: Radio Buzz
It's actually insane how much production value Tweetie puts into her games. It truly is a labor of love for her and the quality shines through and through. I was lucky enough to get into my first two Tweetie moderated games this year and it would be an understatement to say it has been an
experience
. Mechanically things just
make sense
and are beautifully woven into the game to be fun and enjoyable for the players. It's like sitting in a perfectly designed car and things just go where they should - it feels
right
. There is beauty in simplicity and beauty in complication and Tweetie's mechanics just work perfectly. You can really tell she spent a lot of time ironing out the details to have the game be fun to play for everyone involved.

Every aspect of the moderation was impeccable but Tweetie is not satisfied with just perfect - she goes above and beyond to deliver a truly memorable time for her players. Music selection, great cutscenes,
custom made art especially for the game
. These are just some of the things that elevate her games to another level.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by RH9 »

White Knight
05/12/2021 RH9 Cabd Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia
It was a secret alt game. Cabd replaced into the Color Green slot. He ended up leading the Town to the eliminations of the whole scum team and to victory.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
12/5/2021 PookyTheMagicalBear Cabd Role-A-Pair Mafia

Tarot UPick: Deviant Moon Edition

Not Quite Normal Multiball

Yggdrasil - Stratum FINAL -
This dude is like really good at catching bad guys. Like seriously absurdly good. There's like nobody I'd be happier to sheep more. And it's the kind of merciless hunt down the entire team and leave no prisoners variety. Two of these games are Cabd in a Hydra but I included them anyway because he is a significant part of the hydra contribution.

In Role-A-Pair Mafia, Cabd replaced into a stagnant game state and immediately targeted two scum for death. After another day he had the identity of the last scum nailed down as well. And all of this was on Day 1, with no flips, no "info roles" and really no aids given.

In Tarot Upick, Cabd played Day 1 drunk and speed-limmed a scum player in less than three hours... Not satisfied with one scum death, our drunk hero then neighborizes another scum player and figures out not only that they are scum in the hood, but also gets the identity of their partner. This ends up turning into a town win by a mile - really unfair for the scum side - but Cabd doesn't really believe in fairness or making sure anyone else has fun. It's not because he's a mean person, imo he is probably one of the nicest people I've talked with, it's just he believes playing below his standards is disrespectful towards the opposition... which makes him take every game incredibly seriously ~.~;;; Seriously the dude has no chill button.

In NQN, Cabd/Fiery played in a hydra and their reads were very good and a strong reason for the town winning in a complete romp. Their first readslist is a work of art

All three scumreads are Mafia/Werewolves.

The other three main-scum are also all in the orange tier right above scumreads.

It's as close to perfect as anyone really gets on Day One of a Large Theme game.

In Yggdrasil, Cabd/Fiery also played together in a Hydra that hard carried the town because yet again all of their reads were pretty much immaculate.

For MEOWHALLA?!

All three scumreads are Mafia.

The last two scum are in the orange tier above scum - by the end of day they had narrowed it down to a (5/5) perfect solve for the entire remainder of the scum-team.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

+1 for cabd.

I was in 2 of the games pooky just mentioned, and spectated another. He really did power through the whole scum team in all three of them.

I might suggest making it a Morph nom though. Imo, the two with ffery were the ones that truly wowed me. Nqn multiball, they put their "final reads list" in their mason chat NIGHT ONE, and it was a perfect kill list. For a night one reads list for a game with 7 scum, that is kinda insane

And again in yggdrasil, 5/5 in a large game is super impressive.

Cabd does great on his own too, don't get me wrong, but morph dominates large themes
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:43 am

Post by SirCakez »

+1 Cabd
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

someone remind me to nom dwlee for don corlerone and val89 for rising star
too lazy to do now

or someone do it for me xd ill +1 it
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by T3 »

the nom that i kept meaning to write was lukewarm for rising star
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:10 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Post of the Year
28/12/21 GeorgeBailey HoldenGolden This video by Holden Golden HoldenGolden, mspaint shitposter extroardinare, pops off with a sequel to their Micc adventure series with this amazing video. In this post
GeorgeBailey
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by notscience »

Rising Star
29/12/21 notscience Lukewarm Mini 2228- Isekai uPick,Mini 2230- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, So, I only have these two listed as these are the two that stick out. Every single game Luke has been in with me I have walked away impressed. In Isekai, Luke spent the entirety of day one pushing against a crumbed clear on scum, while multiple others were keen to let it resolve itself. While day one ended rough for town, he proceeded to end the next elim cycles with his vote on scum eliminations. He even had it on scum in the third, but fell on his sword to make MELO as easy as possible. His awareness of gamestate and how to help town best proceed to a win is insane for how new he is!

In Bloodstained, he was a constant thorn in Mafia's side. There was a unique mechanic where town was able to be turned demonic, and he managed to theorycraft a mechanical workaround which would have single-handedly won the game for town had more people listened. This involved a) Figuring out role interactions, b) Figuring out the exact amount of demons scum could make a night c) Sorting through flavor to try and identify the mysterious role a backup would receive. He caught me off my resistance to this, and was a hair away from turning the game to town's favor.

He is a fantastic addition to this site. I'm sure there's others who have more to share, but these are the two that stick out to me.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Nth Lukewarm. I'll write up a game or two to add this weekend.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Lukewarm joined this year??? Wow
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Don't forget, Rising Star combines Best Newbie and Most Improved, so it is not exclusive to people who joined in the last year :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:40 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Can someone please nom me for falling star? I’ll give you cookies.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Ircher »

Don't forget there is only (expired on 2022-01-07 23:59:59) left to get your final nominations for 2021 in!

Don Corleone, Rube Goldberg, and Game of the Year need noms; they still have zero! Modfather, Mad Scientist, and Hannibal Lecter could also use a few more noms.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 9/9 Waiting on Listmod Approval]
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Don Corlerone
01/01/22 DkKoba Dwlee99 I'll just dump the links here, but Dwlee has consistently won several games as scum this year and has even snowed players in very tough to win situations, such as in SCP Upick, where even when examined under close scrutiny in a mlimlo situation, they still pulled ahead. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86913

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87440

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=87818

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=87058

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87700 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=88038

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87769

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87956
Anyone who has played with or against scum Dwlee will agree they are a force to be reckoned with. Their play is marked by looking ahead from the very beginning and making sure they have an endgame strategy. I do not think anyone else this year comes even remotely close to Dwlee's scumplay this year, and I'm someone who would have nominated myself earlier this year.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also in addition to those games there were a couple more AFTER those that dwlee won as scum - these weren't just easy scum wins for the most part either, they were fought for hard having to fool people who were open to any solution.

Someone please already +1 this thank you.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Game of the Year
01/01/22 DkKoba Pookythemagicalbear Squid Game This game was an absolute trip and experience. With the drama around the group forming and the parachute activity, and all the fun little games that were overall fun, Pooky crafted a game experience that was amazing. It was truly a very well made spiritual mafia version of the show. I don't know what else to put here but I'm sure someone else who was in the game could add more but it was probably the best game of mafia I've played ever perhaps, and it didn't even have and PR roles.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Rising Star
01/01/22 DkKoba Val89 Val89 has made a splash onto MS! And here, its primarily because of their scumplay - which was frankly, incredible to see in these 2 games: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=88158 ,
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87764

The first game linked I will describe in a bit as I was their mafia partner. The latter game, is one where they managed to win as scum despite being put into a 5 way situation with 2 masons!! Incredible! No ordinary new player just manages to pull that off :)

Now for the game we were together in, Val and I both decided that a nice d1 hardbus would be great with this playerlist. I myself quickly identified that we were in a mason setup. I gave them 1 mason, yeezys that game, but unfortunately I was the chosen elimination. Now after that, it was all Val in the driver seat. And Val did NOT just sit back. They made a kill onto andres, with the logic that theyd be cleared if there was a cop and that the masons would become more obvious over time - which is totally fine. But then he managed to dodge 2 eliminations in a row and land into 3 way with ease - with only 1 player ever suspecting him. AND he got the 2nd mason that I did not expect to be a mason in fixer. An astute reader. And in the end, he got the 2 townies to cross eachother for the victory.

Overall I think Val has what it takes to be a great mafia player on here and fully deserves the award, as well as this nomination.
retired
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 65, Lukewarm wrote:
Kodak Moment
02/09/21 Lukewarm borkjerfkin, Annie Edison, Dunnstral, Here There Be Dragons, Lukewarm, ManateeGal, PookyTheMagicalBear, Snarky Fishes, unwnd Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over This was a TENSE game. But there was this one night where it all fell away, and became lighthearted and silly.

A couple players started pretending to be pirates. And suddenly half the lobby was on, and the game kind of fell away as people stopped to photo shop pirate hats / flags / eye patches onto their avatars. With some even taking time to edit pictures for other people or to help one another hunt down pirate themed to photoshop a picture to use. In the end even the mod joined in with the 8 players who all changed their avatar.

And that is when the sea shanties started :lol: :lol:
I am going to retract this nomination as is, and re do it now that I have learned more about it
Kodak Moment
01/01/22 Lukewarm Annie Edison, Here There Be Dragons, PookyTheMagicalBear Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over Everything I said about this moment in this game is still true. It was so funny, it cut the tension so much. Reading back through and seeing it in the isos brought a smile to my face every time.

For the entire rest of the game, everyone used their new pirate themed avatars

But it turns out that the ENTIRE thing was orchestrated by the scum team????

The first people pretending to be pirates, the scum team. The people offering to photoshop avatars for other people? The scum team. The people starting up the sea shanty's? The scum team.

Blows my mind, that they were able to orchestrate a moment that was my favorite moment in the game, and even all the way to post game, I was completely unaware that it was the scum team pulling it all together

I am unsure if traditionally nominations go to hydras or to their heads? Annie Eddison was a hydra of Notscience and The Bulge, Here there be dragons was a hydra of Ceprir and Save The Dragons
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Game of The Year
01/01/22 Lukewarm Cabd, penguin_alien FGO: Mafia in the Lostbelt - 2 Most memorable game I was a part of this year, by far.

The game design and mechanics worked out wonderfully. The Day Zero mechanic was particularly interesting to me, giving both sides an objective that is unlike any other game I have been in, with Day 0 having a "vote for town" objective as opposed to a "vote out scum" objective. Absolutely jump started the start of game lag that can happen. In normal games you have so little to go on, but here you get to start with the decision "should I try to win the day 0 vote" - and this was a complicated question, but definitely gave us much to talk about and analyze.

There was not a single role that I would not have loved to play as. Each was unique, but powerful. By having multiple x-shot abilities, and no multitasking, each night phase for ever single player held important decisions. Despite the power each roll had, the game felt very balanced.

The flavor writing was amazing this game, and was the reason I am including the co-mod in the nomination, as she was the "flavorsmith" as she put it.

Both teams were very impressive at various points in the game. The town started strong, winning the Day 0 vote, followed by three consecutive mafia eliminations. Despite the town incredible head start, the final scum managed to run the game all the way to elo, and it was an incredible nail biter all the way to the end, before town managed to pull out the win. It was probably the game that I was most tuned into from the dead thread to date.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Paperback Writer
01/01/22 Lukewarm fferyllt Shakespeare uPick Every inch of this game was dripping in the flavor.

The mod got into character, changing her avatar to a picture of the great bard himself. Her posts were written in shakespearan English, even her short posts just designed to let her snag a page top for her vote count lol

The flavor of the game, seeped into the the play of the players more then any other game I have seen. Multiple players throughout the game would post in rhyme, or meter, or shakesperean english - not because they were required to by the rules, but just because ever player was buying in the flavor of the game. When most games have players largely ignore the flavor, or maybe use it to analyze pr claims vs flavor claims, to see every player get into the flavor this way made this game stand out!

Each and every role was a character or object in a shakespere play, with the roles tightly tied to the flavor. So far as for each ability name to be quotes directly pulled from shakespere's work. The flavor Mattered for play as well. Roles that were from the same play often had interactions between one another, and were placed into a hood together. Here is the mod's post game reveal of all role cards (link) just go see how much flavor effort went into just the role cards!

Most players of the game ended up writing shakesperean sonnets for crying out loud. The game had a gold mechanic, as each player were an actor being paid to play their role, and on day 3, players could get an extra gold by posting a sonnet about the mafiascum site. And most of us did!

(also, a game about shakespere getting the flavor writing award just FEELS right lol)

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”