Deck of Astral Roles [Complete]

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:27 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Vanilla Jeltist 2
(Jelt 2 / Vanilla)
You have no active abilitiess besides any factional ones you may have.

Introducing a new faction: the
Jelt 2
. As you might have guessed, it is a mix of a
Jester
and a
Cult
. Like the
Cult
Jeltists 2
choose a leader pregame who will recruit new players normally. However the wincon is different: Each
Jeltist 2
only wins if they are eliminated (the game doesn't end). There is a catch, however; if the
Jelt 2 Leader
dies in any way, including elimination, all
Jeltists 2
currently living commit suicide and lose. In addition, the recruitment is Compulsive.
Last edited by KittyTacky on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:30 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Jelt 2 Universal Framer
(Jelt 2 / Universal Framer)
Each Night, you may target a player. That player will appear with an incriminating result to any investigatives investigating them (Cop sees them as guilty, Tracker tracks them to a kill, any Watchers see them kill, etc).

See post post 175 for faction info.
Last edited by KittyTacky on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:36 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Town Informed Jester Hunter
(Town / Informed Jester Hunter)
Each Night, you may target a player. If that target has a wincon that require them to be eliminated (Jester, Jelt, etc., but not Judas/Saulus or Unjester) then you will attack them. You will also know the number of Jester-like roles at the start of the game (as described above) and what they are, but not who they are. If there are none, you may ask the mod pregame to let you repick the role card.
~Vasex
~Enchant
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Mysterious Conduit
(
Town
/ Mysterious Conduit)

Each night, you may target a player to charge them with a mysterious energy.

Mod Note: This role charges someone with a mysterious energy indefinitely. (Roles like Mysterious Eidolon can lose mysterious energy charge)

Still, have fun figuring out what being charged with a mysterious energy does.

In post 175, KittyTacky wrote:
Vanilla Jeltist
(Jelt / Vanilla)

Jelt
Jester
and a
Cult
. Like the
Cult
Jeltists
choose a leader pregame who will recruit new players normally. However the wincon is different: Each
Jeltist
only wins if they are eliminated (the game doesn't end). There is a catch, however; if the
Jelt Leader
Jeltists
currently living commit suicide and lose.
I don't really think it's fair that the Jelt Leader basically has an ability to modkill a player in an unusual circumstance, and that for a Jelt Leader to win all other living Jeltists lose.

Also there's already a Jelt which I think is more fun to play against.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Mysterious Eidolon
(
Town
/ Mysterious Eidolon)

You start the game charged with a mysterious energy.

If you are charged with a mysterious energy, you may attempt to kill a player and gain a random invention (rolled from either the Grand Idea Mafia thread or the Deck of Astral Roles: Expanded Universe (any role in the Deck of Astral Roles thread, even those past #299) until you get an active ability). You will no longer be charged with a mysterious energy after this.

Mod Note: Pick either Grand Idea Mafia or Deck of Astral Roles: Expanded Universe and inform the player of your choice.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:49 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Town 3-Shot Roleblocker
(Town / 3-Shot Roleblocker)
In post 178, TemporalLich wrote:
Vanilla Jeltist
(Jelt / Vanilla)
Jelt
Jester
and a
Cult
. Like the
Cult
Jeltists
Jeltist
Jelt Leader
Jeltists
I don't really think it's fair that the Jelt Leader basically has an ability to modkill a player in an unusual circumstance, and that for a Jelt Leader to win all other living Jeltists lose.

What circumstance, exactly? And yeah... that is a bit of a problem, it will shaft at least one person unless the leader is solo and is limmed D1. But it is meant to have much less "cohesion" than a normal cult.

As for the other Jelt, that might be confusing. I'll change its name to Jelt 2.
~Vasex
~Enchant
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:56 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Unchanging Town Normal Role
(
Town
/ Unchanging Normal Role)

You cannot have your alignment, role, or wincon changed.

The moderator chooses a Normal role before sending this role card out for picks. Alignment restrictions don't matter. (This can e.g. be a Unchanging Town Tracker or a Unchanging Town 2-shot Weak Checker or a Unchanging Bulletproof Townie)

In post 180, KittyTacky wrote:What circumstance, exactly? And yeah... that is a bit of a problem, it will shaft at least one person unless the leader is solo and is limmed D1. But it is meant to have much less "cohesion" than a normal cult.

As for the other Jelt, that might be confusing. I'll change its name to Jelt 2.
If the Jelt 2 Leader gets killed while successfully recruiting, that causes the Jelt 2 Leader's target to die and be autolossed. Thus basically a modkill.

However death should interfere with both sides of a recruitment anyway, so if that is taken into account there's no sneaky effective modkills.

oh and "suicide" is discouraged from being in Role PMs as it is potentially distressing.
time will end
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:02 am

Post by samantha97 »

Wish.com
(Alien / Wish.com)

Once per night, you may give another player one of the following items, as long as you have at least one in stock:

Nokla
: Grants the owner Multitasking Mailman. - Stock: 6
TotallyNotANerfGun
: Grants the owner 10-Shot Multitasking Vigilante. -
OUT OF STOCK

SQMY Battery
: Grants the owner 1-Shot Mass X-Shot Recharge. Add 1 'Shot' to the roles of every player in the game at night, taking effect at the start of the next day. Does not affect item/invention 'Shots'. - Stock: 1
PolyStation
: Grants the owner 1-Shot Random Neighborizer. When used, one random living player will become your neighbor, and you both will be added to a unique PolyStation PT. Can be used at any time. - Stock: 3
: Grants the owner Multitasking Google Cop. You may target another player at night and attempt to discern their alignment, with a 50% chance to return a fake result. -
OUT OF STOCK

: The newest Avenger just might come to life and save you! Grants the owner a 30% chance to be Bulletproof when targeted by a killing action. Falls apart if successful (1-Shot). Stock: 2

Effects that recharge/restore X-Shot abilities will add 1 to your stock of every item.
Last edited by samantha97 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Jingle »

Town Off Topic Oracle (Town/Off Topic Oracle)

Once per day you may ask the mod a question in bold. As long as that question is not related to mafia, the mod must answer as fully and truthfully as they are comfortable with. The mod may refuse the question and refund the shot if the question is too pineapple.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Jingle »

Alien Clone Enthusiast (Alignment Alien / Role Clone Enthusiast)

Each night you may target two players. The role of your second target becomes an exact copy of your first target’s. You may not self target, and if a redirection would cause either of your targets to be yourself, your action will fail. If at any time you are alive and more than 2/3 of all living players (rounded up) have exactly the same role, you and any non town players who share an alignment with you win and exit the game. Note: This may cause a faction or factions to win if it occurs, as players who have exited the game are no longer considered living players.
This is a Parachute.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 am

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

Town 1-Shot Strong Dayvig(izer)⁸
(Town / 1-Shot Strong Dayvig(izer)⁸)

You may post
TARGET: (player name)
during the day. They gain a 1-Shot Strong Dayvig(izer)⁷, which when used gives a 1-Shot Strong Dayvig(izer)⁶...

When the 1-Shot Strong Dayvig(izer)¹ is used, the targeted player gets a 1-Shot Strong Dayvig, which cannot be interfered in any way.
Last edited by NotAJumbleOfNumbers on Tue May 25, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 am

N3 Bulletproof Apparition
(Apparition / N3 Bulletproof)

The apparition faction doesn't kill. Instead, they "possess" people. What this means is that a apparition can take the role of the person they possessed. In the morning it will say that no body was found, and there will be no flip. The apparition doesn't take the alignment of the person, only the role. Each apparition can only possess one person.

You are immune to dying during night 3. This is lost if you possess a person.
In post 178, TemporalLich wrote:
Town Mysterious Conduit
(
Town
/ Mysterious Conduit)

Each night, you may target a player to charge them with a mysterious energy.

Mod Note: This role charges someone with a mysterious energy indefinitely. (Roles like Mysterious Eidolon can lose mysterious energy charge)

Still, have fun figuring out what being charged with a mysterious energy does.

Vanilla Jeltist
(Jelt / Vanilla)

Jelt
Jester
and a
Cult
. Like the
Cult
Jeltists
Jeltist
Jelt Leader
Jeltists

OH JELT IS JESTER PLUS CULT NO WONDER WHY I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING WHEN I SEARCHED IT UP
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Ircher »

Werewolf Musician
(
Werewolf
alignment, Musician role)
You have the following
1-Shot Day
abilities (must post in-thread):

The Mesmerizing Flute
- Post in thread you want to play your flute and a person to target. That player will only be able to vote No Elimination or whatever wagon you are on for the rest of that Day Phase.

A Sound of Thunder
- Post in thread you would like to blast your trumpet. Admist the confusion, all player's votes will be randomly locked to two other players besides themselves. From that point onward for that day phase, players may only vote for No Elimination, themselves, or one of the two players to whom their vote is locked to.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Guillotina »

Town Alarmist
(
Town Alignment
/ Alarmist Role)

The Alarmist may each night target a player and protect that player from being recruited or converted.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Anti-Cultist
(
Town
/ Anti-Cultist)

Each night, you may target a player. If you target a Leader of a cult-like faction (e.g. the Cult Leader), all members of that faction (including dead members) will become Town-aligned.
time will end
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Guillotina »

Fulfiller Dj
(
Fulfiller alignment
/ Dj Role)

Fulfiller is an independent alignment whose win condition is tied to fulfilling a mission. If such mission is not fulfilled for whatever reason, they lose. If fulfillers rand vanilla the mod may assign them another alignment (or a Fulfiller attached to a role with no special Fulfiller mission gets a mission from the moderator).

If you rand this role everyone (except you) starts the game vanillaized. The mod will announce that everyone has been vanillalized.

You have the power to enable a role type during the day phases for the rest of the game (by posting one of the youtube songs from the list bellow), activating roles that were randed to the other players during pregame.

https://youtu.be/RwVoDh1FvDw (Post this song during the day to enable conversion roles)

https://youtu.be/N1jJ52Vetto (Post this song during the day to enable investigation roles)

https://youtu.be/TZWMmSBZhtU (Post this song during the day to enable protection roles)

https://youtu.be/jBXKr3SireQ (Post this song during the day to enable killing roles)

https://youtu.be/RUpDslHSLbU (Post this song to enable multipower roles)

https://youtu.be/Vw6uezSnDX8 (Post this song to enable manipulation and redirection roles)

https://youtu.be/9w17wVE9AU4 (Post this song to enable Communication roles)

https://youtu.be/aNnPThDwc6k (Post this song to enable resurrection and roles that interact with the dead)

You win when you have successfully enabled four types of roles, leaving the game. You may choose to stay in the game after fulfilling your win condition to enable more role types at the risk of getting killed and losing the game instead. The songs may not be changed by the host or the player. You may only enable one type of role per cycle.
Last edited by Guillotina on Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Town Bastard Cop
(Town / Bastard Cop)
Each Night, you may target a player. If that target has a role that would be normally considered bastard (Jester or similar, alignment-changing, hidden wincon, hidden role aspects, roles that involve mod lies e.g Mafia Innocent Child, chance-based roles, and so on), you will receive a "Bastard" result. Otherwise, you will reveive a "Not Bastard" result.
~Vasex
~Enchant
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:17 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Monk or Neighbor
(
Town
/ Monk or Neighbor)

This role card is different depending on whether you apply it to a
Werewolf
alignment card or any other alignment card.

If this is applied to a
Werewolf
alignment card, you are a Neighbor.

If this is applied to any other alignment card, you are a Monk.

NeighborYou are in a PT with other Neighbors.

Two random other players will be a Neighbor if you select this role card.

MonkYou are in a PT with other Monks, who are confirmed to not be
Werewolf
-aligned.

A random other Non-
Werewolf
aligned player will be a Monk if you select this role card.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Thu May 13, 2021 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
time will end
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by samantha97 »

Mafia Doppelganger
(Mafia / Doppelganger)

You may target another player at any point in the game, replacing your role with a copy of their role. Your alignment remains the same. This role is revealed on death instead of the copied role.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Ircher »

Werewolf Psychic Medium
(
Werewolf
alignment, Psychic Medium role)
Each night, those who are in the dead thread can vote to send one post in the dead thread to you.

Mod Notes: Requires moderator to not reveal spoilers in the dead thread.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by samantha97 »

Town Townizer
(Town / Townizer)

Once per night you may target another player and attempt to change their alignment to 'Town'. Targeting a player solely aligned with the Town, or a member of an informed faction with more than 1 member alive, will result in the ability failing. If successful, that player will retain their role abilities and lose all non-Town win conditions. A successful Townization will result in a blastwave that will change your role to 'Vanilla' (you will be notified of this).
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Mod Chooses After Picks Bastard
(? / ?)

The mod must give this card a role they consider bastard, and a non-standard faction.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Flavorless Townie (Townie / Flavorless)

Anything to do with flavors (like vanilla) or colors does not work while you are still alive.
In post 190, Guillotina wrote:
Independent Dj
(
Independent
Alignment / Dj Role)

If you rand this role everyone starts the game vanillaized.
wait wouldn't that mean the DJ vanillises himself and thus can't actually do any of his cool songs
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Astral Townie
(Town/Named [Astral])

You have no special attributes.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 197, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Flavorless Townie (Townie / Flavorless)

Anything to do with flavors (like vanilla) or colors does not work while you are still alive.
In post 190, Guillotina wrote:
Independent Dj
(
Independent
Alignment / Dj Role)

If you rand this role everyone starts the game vanillaized.
wait wouldn't that mean the DJ vanillises himself and thus can't actually do any of his cool songs
Well no, it is obvious that the Dj is no vanillaized but I edited it so it is 200% obvious ;)

Town Doctor
(
Town
/ Doctor)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”