Is there a Standing Order for Mafia/Town?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ace3359
Ace3359
Watcher
Ace3359
Watcher
Watcher

Is there a Standing Order for Mafia/Town?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Ace3359 »

I'm been running a Mafia game for the first time in a long while, and I've had some interesting timing issues develop. On the same night, I had the Vigilante and the Godfather target each other, as well as having the Mafia Deceiver target the Town Drunk as the Drunk tries to target the Godfather.

So I was wondering, is there a standard order in most people's minds for who gets to have their move first?

If it's Mafia, the Godfather and Mafia Deceiver get to act, while the vigilante dies and the Town Drunk gets blocked.

If it's Town, then the Godfather would die and the deceivers won't really matter.

If it's simultaneous.... *raises hands with no clue*
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:39 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I'm not sure what those roles are in this context (for example, Godfather is a passive role that returns a false innocent result to Cops on MafiaScum) but here is the action resolution scheme most people use in MafiaScum: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... Resolution

basically any action that modifies how other actions work should take place before the actions that are modified.

Also note that kill actions (such as Vigilante) don't interfere with other actions.
time will end
Ace3359
Ace3359
Watcher
Ace3359
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Ace3359 »

Thanks, this is a good read and helps clarify things for me.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:52 am

Post by T-Bone »

If you have questions regarding ongoing games, whether on site or off, please PM a Listmod instead of making a public topic. You never know who is watching. If your players discover this topic, now they know something about your game.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Mafia Discussion”