Nancy Drew mafia Q & A/FEEDBACK thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Nancy Drew mafia Q & A/FEEDBACK thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This thread is for anyone to ask me/comment on/give feedback on anything to do with my playstyle in mafia games you’ve been in/spectated/read and also vice-versa. I can also do the same courtesy for anyone who is curious about my opinion of their play.

Anyone is welcome of course to weigh in on any of this. Please be civil and constructive and as helpful as possible. Go nuts! :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Ythan »

Ego next time we play together I'll try to generate some feedback can't wait.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1, Ythan wrote:Ego next time we play together I'll try to generate some feedback can't wait.
<3

I very much look forward to that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Bell »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive ... al_therapy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_(process)
https://www.pon.harvard.edu/daily/confl ... s-it-work/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost%E2%8 ... t_analysis

Stuff like this usually helps me. We all have our own ethical and personal framework in seeing the world and what we're comfortable with. Planning out how we want to feel, recognizing what works and what doesn't work. Understanding what starts conflict and how to avoid that if we're not interested in the emotional burden or time commitment involved. Recognizing patterns and trying to choose a different approach and more gibberish like that.

I hope this is considered civil and constructive. My intent is to share some of what helps me get out of cycles or avoid conflicts that I don't want because of how it makes me and the other party feel.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3, Bell wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive ... al_therapy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_(process)
https://www.pon.harvard.edu/daily/confl ... s-it-work/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost%E2%8 ... t_analysis

Stuff like this usually helps me. We all have our own ethical and personal framework in seeing the world and what we're comfortable with. Planning out how we want to feel, recognizing what works and what doesn't work. Understanding what starts conflict and how to avoid that if we're not interested in the emotional burden or time commitment involved. Recognizing patterns and trying to choose a different approach and more gibberish like that.

I hope this is considered civil and constructive. My intent is to share some of what helps me get out of cycles or avoid conflicts that I don't want because of how it makes me and the other party feel.
Thank you, that’s very helpful, I will check that out.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I don’t know if anyone else but me has noticed this or not but due to a convo with a friend a few weeks ago, I was made embarrassingly aware of how unintentionally abrasive and confrontational some of my past posting has been. Now that I actually understand how it regrettably came across and as a result ineffectively communicates my true intentions I try to make that a lot clearer and veer on the side of trying my damndest to avoid offense.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Ythan »

I think your intentions come through at least fwiw.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 6, Ythan wrote:I think your intentions come through at least fwiw.
I had a very serious misunderstanding with someone I care a lot about where I unintentionally said things that upset them and suddenly it just snapped in my head just how often I have been unintentionally either abrasive or confrontational not only in games but probably everywhere, when there was really no good reason to be but thank you for saying that anyway. <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Ramcius »

You have to be confrontational in mafia, but you need to know limits. From our few games i had really hard time having any discussion with you, cause you were so convinced in your opinions that anything I said you simply dismissed, so in the end I simply opted to ignore you unless I really needed talk to you
Tact is for liars and politicians.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8, Ramcius wrote:You have to be confrontational in mafia, but you need to know limits. From our few games i had really hard time having any discussion with you, cause you were so convinced in your opinions that anything I said you simply dismissed, so in the end I simply opted to ignore you unless I really needed talk to you
Which opinions in particular?

Spoiler:
Not sure if I will sign for tm again. I have serious concerns how the mods dealt with problems in that game.

I do think that I could definitely have handled things a lot better though. Do you have any specific suggestions on how I could have done better?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I just want to clarify that while all feedback is welcome so long as it’s respectful, the main purpose of this thread is to hopefully receive constructive feedback and helpful suggestions.

So, please feel free to share any advice or insights about my play I may have previously overlooked. I will do the same if requested. Anyone is also welcome to give feedback on anyone who’s posted if the request it/have zero objections to that as well.

ETA: This also goes for myself as well as anyone else giving any kind of feedback.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 9, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8, Ramcius wrote:You have to be confrontational in mafia, but you need to know limits. From our few games i had really hard time having any discussion with you, cause you were so convinced in your opinions that anything I said you simply dismissed, so in the end I simply opted to ignore you unless I really needed talk to you

Spoiler:
Not sure if I will sign for tm again. I have serious concerns how the mods dealt with problems in that game.

I do think that I could definitely have handled things a lot better though. Do you have any specific suggestions on how I could have done better?
Hm, you form reads really easily, but you're willing to die on the hill defending those gutreads for example. Another thing is that you shouldn't demand other people to townread you, it's for them to decide, if they are confident enough in their ability to read you. Leaving your friendships, personal likes/dislikes outside the game is a good thing too, not just because you might lose game for refusing to elim a friend, but also you may get in fight, because you defend a friend, or attack someone you dislike for no good reason and that'll might cause conflict with other people.
Tact is for liars and politicians.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11, Ramcius wrote:
In post 9, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Spoiler:

Hm, you form reads really easily, but you're willing to die on the hill defending those gutreads for example. Another thing is that you shouldn't demand other people to townread you, it's for them to decide, if they are confident enough in their ability to read you. Leaving your friendships, personal likes/dislikes outside the game is a good thing too, not just because you might lose game for refusing to elim a friend, but also you may get in fight, because you defend a friend, or attack someone you dislike for no good reason and that'll might cause conflict with other people.
How and when do you think I have allowed personal feelings to have influenced my reads? Can you give some examples of that, because I really don’t ever recall actually doing that?

Spoiler:
Only connection I see personal friendships/likes/dislikes affected me in that game, was I probably got more upset at FL’s very hurtful comments than I might have otherwise but that is obviously not the same thing.

Yes, I need to handle being wrongly sr better.

Also, I no longer deathtunnel and for quite some time now. I try to listen to others’ reads as well but if I am 100% certain, I’m usually not wrong.

ETA: Wrt to personal likes and dislikes, exactly who are you referring to? I didn’t have any grudges with anyone on that playerlist. Although I really hated voting Akarin but thank freaking God, I realized she was town, so I didn’t have to. :)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
I did something I probably shouldn’t have done a couple of days ago and I only did it out of sheer frustration and desperation. I would publicly like to apologize to anyone who was offended by my post. It is sincerely intended to try to clear up any past misconceptions but I fear I inadvertently probably just made tgings worse for myself. I’m just trying so fucking hard to right past wrongs but everything I do just keeps blowing up in my face. :cry:

. . .
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm not even sure what you you're talking about (and no need to point it out to me!) but hey everyone fucks up it'll be fine. Sorry you seem to get so much stress here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 14, Ythan wrote:I'm not even sure what you you're talking about (and no need to point it out to me!) but hey everyone fucks up it'll be fine. Sorry you seem to get so much stress here.
<3

Spoiler:
It’s just that I feel totally helpless because acceptable avenues like this thread/pms/dms are being ignored and I’m not allowed to directly ask, so I’m basically fucked. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:58 am

Post by redtea »