A Query About Suggesting Role Ideas

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

A Query About Suggesting Role Ideas

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by RH9 »

Dear MafiaScum,

I'm new to the forum (even though I joined in 2019) and I was wondering how the roles are suggested. May you please inform me on how this works? I've seen in other sites (which I'm not going to mention because that would be against the rules) that roles can suggested by users. I was wondering whether MafiaScum has something like this.

Thanks and sorry for being a potential nuisance,
RH9
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by T3 »

Hi :]
There is no set place where you can suggest roles, but if you want to suggest roles that may be put in a role madness game then you can check "Grand Idea Mafia"
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Grand Idea Mafia is a role madness game you can add roles to if you feel like it, it has over 10000 roles.

The Deck of Astral Roles is another role madness game, this time designed around Greatest-style play where the alignment/role split is vital.

The "I need this role to be defined somewhere" thread is a thread you can add roles to that is not part of a role madness game.
time will end
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

Critically, mods here mostly make up their own setups, so there isn't like an official role list for the site at large.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Isis »

Whitelisted roles for the normal queue are suggested by any user in the "changes to normal games" thread in this subforum, then ideas that seem good enough get further discussion from Normal Review Group members in a private subforum, and based on the consensus, or in spite of it in a fit of omnipotence, the current normal queue listmod (currently implosion) can decide a new role will join the whitelist.

For theme games and open games mods make up their own setups and make up roles on the spot. Oftentimes in those games, roles that would not work well in any other context are perfect for the setup.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by RH9 »

Thank you, all! I think I'll just play some games to get the idea of Forum Mafia and the way its works.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

You can look through this wiki page to get a general idea of what roles exist.
You can also look through this wiki page to see what role modifiers exist.

Here is the list of all normal roles (which are all the roles that are allowed in the Normal Queue)

If you'd like to see a large selection of (mostly nonstandard or bastard roles), you can look up Grand Idea Mafia. I'd also suggest putting any interesting roles you come up with there in case you don't really know where else to put them.

Finally, if you'd like to see how I generally format role PMs, come ask me. (Or just look at my recent contributions in Grand Idea Mafia, Deck of Astral Roles, or other Grandesque decks)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”