Library of Atypical Factions [108/1000 roles]

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Town Hawk
(
Town
/ Hawk)

Role (Hawk)
: Each day, target up to two players. At the beginning of the following night, all players who are a threat to you who possess killing abilities are informed that "A watchful eye is circling over [Players]".

You will be informed of the identities of all players who visit your targets that night. You will not be informed who visited who.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Town Watcher
(town/watcher)
In post 49, Morning Tweet wrote:
Town Shrike
(
Town
/ Shrike)

Role (Shrike)
: Each night, target a player. If they are a member of a groupscum faction, they are roleblocked and incapable of killing so long as you are alive.

After your death, all groupscum players successfully targeted by this ability are informed of each other's identities.

I would like to add roles like the horsemen of the apocolypse, since they're the definition of a strange groupscum. However, since they're technically just a faction that is informed of each other and has a PT, they're actually not allowed.

This is caused by their specialty being their roles. I tried adjusting them to be third party or work with other factions, but the faction apart from the role isn't special (The special part about Horsemen is that they have no factional abilities, but their personal abilities get supercharged if they fulfil a condition. I couldnt think of a way to make an alignment for them that isn't a standard SK or groupscum since their whole point is they have no factional abilities.)

Am I misinterpreting anything about this format? The only option that comes to mind is attaching the roles to some other alignment, I suppose

You could take the approach I did With starkin, and make them have different factional abilities based on what alignment card is chosen, and be buffed after a condition is met.

The main difference between the 2 is starkin gain temporary buffs from relatively easy conditions while the horsemen seem to have permanent buffs from difficult condition.

Tldr: Make the abilities factional, they work like that.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Town Aware 1-shot Cop
(Town/Town or Nowt Bound Aware 1-shot Alignment Cop)

Alignment:Town
Role:Aware Alignment 1-shot Cop
Once, at night, you may target a player to learn their alignment. If neither you nor your target are Town and/or Nowt, you will get the result "Nowt" or "Town",randomly.
You will be notified about your real target.

In post 46, Guillotina wrote:
Town 3-shot Day Vigilante
(Town / 3-Shot Day Vigilante)

In post 42, Not Known 15 wrote:
Not Known 15's VETO
(Evil Person/Informed)
If this is rolled as a card for any player, re-roll all previously rolled cards in the following VETO LIST and instantly re-roll any card on the VETO LIST that is rolled after this one.
VETO LISTCard 15, Card 19

Alignment:
Evil Person

You win if the factions Town and Nowt lose the game.
Role:Informed:You know that the post numbers vetoed by this post are not in the game.

No, don't worry, I will not submit any other list like this as a card.
I am submitting this list to make certain entries rarer, entries that I believe to be either generally unfun, breaking the usual structure and/or expectations of card choosing games.
Card 15: The role on this card coupled with self-aligned players could lead to "I will never release anyone". Players in this game expect role madness, not near-Vanilla games.
Vanillaizers only affect one person at a time, and target due to other's behaviours. None of this applies to that Passive Game-Start Global Vanillaizer.
Card 19: The alignment... where do I even begin? N0 hostile conversions are unfun. Extremely unfun. You didn't do anything in the game yet, and you were probably not able to. BOOM. Oh, you now have a giant target on your back and your role you chose for your faction is now potentially useless and you have a new alignment! Wait there's more! If you die you lose! And you need to compulsively pick someone else to give them the same alignment! And the one who chose Assassin might be even a dayvig who instakills you! Does this sound
fun
? Or even remotely fair? Is this what you'd normally expect from card choosing games?
You forget that the role in card 15 comes with a separate win condition forcing the player to enable 4 types of roles before they can win.

But if you are going to create cards that VETO other people's cards, two can play that game bud. One thing is saying that someone will veto the card as a mod if it ever rands, another is making a card to impose your will on this collaborative deck.
One card, not more. I have no issues with you creating one veto card as well...

The issue is "seperate". This is for a game with people choosing one card for role, and one for alignment. So either that one part is for alignment, or that part is not where it should be - a win condition on a role card.
The problem with Assassin is not merely that it is difficult to fulfill, or even maybe impossible for the person who picked it.
The problem with Assassin is that it might give others a win condition that they did NOT pick and may be unfulfillable for THESE people and that it does so before Day 1.
The mark isn't really(unless there are tons of cards like it) that a card is potentially unfun for the picker but rather for many people who DIDN'T pick it.
Last edited by Not Known 15 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

Nowt Vengeance Taker
(Nowt Alignment / Vengeance Taker Role)

A Vengeance Taker may kill any player who created one of the cards they were dealt at the beginning of the game once during the game. For the purposes of this role, Jingle and Bingle are the same.

If anyone would like me to edit in a list of their alts to make this effect them, let me know. Mods may choose to apply this to all alts, if so they must publicly state before the game that secret alts are not allowed.

I DO have a problem with everyone getting one Veto Card, because it doesn't solve the issue that Veto cards are functionally enforcing your will on a game that you theoretically have nothing to do with with no agency of the player who rands it to you know... Not do that. It's a card that exists solely to remove the collaborative nature of the deck and I disagree with that fundamentally.

I will point out that your argument of "It's only one role." applies to the assassin card as well. I will point out that as it is, the Assassin card only ever changes 2 people's alignment, which is an odd definition for "many". I will point out that the assassin card is solved by all of the Troll cards, 13, 45, and at the very least any future cards that can't have their alignment changed. I will point out that 13 is a card that is inherently unfun for anyone who chose a role that has anything to do with alignment change because it makes the game functionally unwinnable for them N0 without them having any say in the matter.

But really, none of that matters. I'm not advocating that 13 be removed or making a veto for it, because this is a collaborative deck. There will inevitably be situations like 1 town in an 8 Nowt game where the town can't win and is stuck with their thumb up their ass playing a game that CANNOT go their way. That's the whole point of collaborative idea decks. Crazy shit happens and roles like 13 are half the fun. Do I take the cult like roll, or will there be some anti-cult measure that makes that a bad choice? And I would like to point out that when someone privately brought up issues with Assassin as a faction, I did make a good faith effort to improve the role based on their feedback.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

Paint-By-Numbers Role Wordcount Cop
(Paint-By-Numbers Alignment / Role Wordcount Cop Role)

Paint-By-Numbers: Each night you may guess a hexadecimal number. If that number is either the sum or product of the hexadecimal color code of all living players, you will be told. If you manage to guess the sum and product of the hexadecimal color code for all living players over the course of the game, you win the game. As long as you have not left the game via death or winning, the Town and Nowt cannot win the game.

Role Wordcount Cop: Each night you may target a player. You will be told how many words are in the posts their cards are from, as one sum total.

Mod notes and other forms of hidden text are included in the wordcounts.

In post 51, MegAzumarill wrote:Tldr: Make the abilities factional, they work like that.
Particularly, you could make the individual Horsemen into Factional inventions like the aliens get.
This is a Parachute.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Mysterious Electrician Roleblocker
(Mysterious Electricians / Roleblocker)

You are a member of the Mysterious Electricians, and win when all threats to the Mysterious Electricians have been eliminated.
Spoiler: Boilerplate
All Mysterious Electricians are constantly charged with a Mysterious Energy, and are informed of what it does. If another role does not automatically define what Mysterious Energy does, then the moderator may define what it does.
Mysterious Electricians have two factional abilities, and both may be performed at the same time, but not by the same player.
The two factional abilities that Mysterious Electricians are the following:
During the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will charge a player with Mysterious Energy.
During the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will discharge a player of Mysterious Energy.

During the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be unable to act tonight.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Guillotina »

Troll Undone
(Troll / Undone)

Troll is an independent third party that wins when they have converted every player that remains alive to a different third than their own at least once. You lose when you can't obtain your wincon or you ended up targeting yourself with your factional for some reason. Trolls cannot co-exist in the same game, so they have to be converted for you to win.

Factional:
Every night you may target a player to convert them to a third party faction of your choice (that exists in the DoAR multiverse). You also passively convert your visitors to a random third party.

Undone:
Every night, you may target a player to remove a random win condition from a player if they have more than one. If the target had a groupscum win condition originally, the new wincon gets removed.

If groupscum or masons are converted they will keep their old wincon along with the new one.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Town Alarmist
(Town/Alarmist)
Alignment:Town
Role:Alarmist
At night, you may target a player to prevent them from being converted. You cannot target yourself at all.
In post 53, Jingle wrote:Crazy shit happens and roles like 13 are half the fun. Do I take the cult like roll, or will there be some anti-cult measure that makes that a bad choice?

Yeah, and that's why I didn't put Troll into it. There aren't many Trolls, and
it doesn't pick before the end of Day 1
Player's behaviour still influences the usage of this role.

Now, I do not know why you have an issue with public feedback, because it allows others to give their opinion on the matter.
And I want to point out that "Do I take alignment X or" is the difference between 13 and Assassin. With 13, your alignment was still your choice. With Assassin, your never have a chance to even play under your original win condition, so your choice was effectively taken for you by another player before you had a chance to play. And I want to point out that there is still a maximum of 4 players affected.
13 is also not invulnerable, it can be killed, opening up conversion. There's a way around 13 stopping your conversions that's always avaliable:Get rid of it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Jingle »

Miser Blind Inventor
(Miser Alignment // Blind Inventor Role)

Miser Alignment: The Miser team wins if the fewest possible number of non miser players wins the game, given the wincons present when the game ends. Do not take into account any potential alignment changes that could have occurred. The miser team has a factional poisoning, where they may target a player. That player will die at the end of the next day phase. This action is not a nightkill, and thus is not prevented by doctor like effects, although it may be roleblocked as normal. A random living miser is notified that they are responsible for choosing the poisoning target each night. Misers may not join PT's as the result of any effect.

Blind Inventor: Each night you may target a player. That player will receive a 1 shot version of a random active ability in the game. You will not be informed of the nature of the ability. (It is possible that ability will be this one.)

I'm explicitly not against feedback (Note: I did actually change the role when given feedback, as compared to confronted with a fuck you in the form of your Veto).

I'm giving you the legitimate reasons that I think your role is against the spirit of collaboration. As an olive branch because I really don't want this to escalate, I intend to change the Assassin role to trigger the conversion N1 instead of N0 (I'll need to log across accounts because I can't edit Bingle posts) although I will point out the reason I didn't initially do so was that letting the Assassin see the landscape of the game before making the choice of who they need to target is massively powerful for the initial Assassin. Actually, I have a thought about how to do that that may make the balance concern a non issue and I think will solve your stated issue as well.

WRT your issues with Guillotina's role, I think there's a fairly simple fix there as well. @Guillotina: simply edit your role to be a factional action and add another role onto the card. It solves NK's issue with stapling additional wincons to roles (which is fair, tbh) and it doesn't inherently change the card itself other than giving the person receiving it another role option. If the goal of the card is to have it be possible for it to fall into the hands of scum/3p/town, you could instead change the additional wincon to a "You cannot win via any win condition unless you have..." Which is 100% a role thing. (I forget the name of it, but there's a mafia role that makes it so you can only win if you're the last living member of the mafia, but the player is still absolutely a member of the mafia.)

And no, isn't something you can play around because by the time you know you need to play around it you're already dead. Which, again, is not a bad thing.
This is a Parachute.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

Peace Goon
(Peace / Vanilla)

You are a member of the
Peace
faction. You share a PT with the rest of your faction, and have a factional protect that cannot protect members of the faction. This protect will protect from only one elimination which can be by a kill or by the Town's day elimination. (if someone get's protected by the day elimination, a death message will not occur nor will a flip occur either)

You and your faction win and exit the game when you successfully prevent 2 eliminations from occuring.

You have no other special abilities.

Idea idea :)
Last edited by camelCasedSnivy on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
master at being scum(my)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Jingle »

Group Hug Groupthinker
(Group Hug Alignment // Groupthinker)

Groupthinker: As long as you are alive, all investigative results will be posted in the day start instead of sent via PM. All names and other identifying information will be redacted from these posts, replaced by the text "Your target." This does not effect messages sent by messengers imitating investigative results but does effect fake investigative results.

You might consider making the Peace faction need to save more people the larger the faction is. 2 is probably a good number if there's only one Peace Goon, but if there are 3 Peace people two saves is probably trivial. (One peace goon fakes a guilty on a save target, then is protected at night.)

I'd go with 1+X saves, where X is the number of members of the Peace faction at gamestart.
This is a Parachute.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:40 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

Peace Even-Night Rolecop
(Peace / Even-Night Rolecop)

You are a member of the
Peace
faction. You share a PT with the rest of your faction, and have a factional protect that cannot protect members of the faction. This protect will protect from only one elimination which can be by a kill or by the Town's day elimination. (if someone get's protected by the day elimination, a death message will not occur nor will a flip occur either)

You and your faction win and exit the game when you successfully prevent 2 eliminations from occuring.

On even nights, you may target a player and learn their role. (
Vanilla Townie
and
Vanilla Nowtie
both show up as Vanilla)

In post 60, Jingle wrote: You might consider making the Peace faction need to save more people the larger the faction is. 2 is probably a good number if there's only one Peace Goon, but if there are 3 Peace people two saves is probably trivial. (One peace goon fakes a guilty on a save target, then is protected at night.)

I'd go with 1+X saves, where X is the number of members of the Peace faction at gamestart.
Thought it was not obvious that members of the Peace faction cannot target each other. My bad.
master at being scum(my)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Harbinger One-shot Bulletproof Bodyguard
(
Harbinger
/ One-shot Bulletproof Bodyguard)

Role (One-shot Bulletproof Bodyguard)
: Each night, you may target a player to take one kill attempt for them. The first time you are attacked, you are immune to that attack.

Alignment (Harbinger)
: A groupscum with a factional PT, but no inherent ability to kill. If a Harbinger attempts to kill a player using a personal ability, the kill will fail automatically. They win when all threats to the Harbingers are gone, or if no one is left alive at the end of the game. There can be no more than four Harbingers alive at one time in a single game.

On the first night, each member of the Harbingers must choose a Horseman to call upon. Each member must select a different Horseman. There are two components to a Horseman:

The Horsemen grant their devotees an additional night action which they are automatically multi-tasking with. Harbingers may use their Horseman's abilities immediately starting night one.

In addition, if a certain condition is met with that night action, then every member of the Harbingers will lose their previous role's abilities and transform into a new role determined by their Horseman. Any lingering effects that their previous role may have had on other players will remain.

After transforming, a Harbinger's role is replaced by the name and abilities of the Horseman, including for flip. Additionally, all Harbingers become immune to all forms of death except for exile. When this occurs, a public announcement is made to the thread that
“The apocalypse is upon us.”

All Harbinger posts should refer to post for alignment/horseman information.

Spoiler: Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Pestilence -

Regular Ability
: Each night, you may visit a player’ house to infect them with the plague. Infection is permanent. All players who visit an infected player, all players visited by an infected player, and all players who visit you are also infected by the plague. Infection is permanent. Harbingers cannot be infected by the plague. Your targetted infection resolves instantly at the beginning of the night resolution, while all others resolve at the end. At the beginning of each night phase, you passively learn who is currently infected.

Transformation
: The apocalypse will activate if all players who can be infected are infected at the start of a day phase. Your new ability is to target a player at night to unstoppably kill them and all of their visitors. Additionally, you passively and unstoppably kill all of your visitors.

Death -

Regular Ability
: Each night, you may visit a player’ house to attempt to reclaim their soul. They cannot affect Harbingers with actions on that night. If they are killed on that night, you harvest their soul. Harbingers' souls cannot be harvested. On following nights, you are multi-tasking with all of the non-factional actions that players whose souls you have harvested could perform.

Transformation
: The apocalypse will activate at the start of a day phase after you have reaped a certain number of souls determined by the game moderator. Your soul reaping ability attacks your target, harvests their soul, and is performed without leaving your house. In other words, this kill cannot be detected. You retain your old stolen abilities, as well as multi-tasking.

Famine -

Regular Ability
: Each night, you may visit a player’ house to wither their strength, roleblocking them. All players who visit a famined player are crippled in the same way, becoming famined and having their action blocked. This can chain indefinitely. Harbingers cannot be famined, nor can their actions be affected by others being famined.

Transformation
: The apocalypse will activate at the start of a day phase after you have prevented a certain number of deaths, determined by the game moderator, using this ability. Your famine ability now kills players in addition to roleblocking them.

War -

Regular Ability
: Each night, you may visit a player’ house to challenge them to a duel. If they are capable of killing players at night, they will be forced to attack you, preventing them from visiting anyone else or performing any other actions. If they unable to kill players at night, they are unaffected by this ability and the duel fails. You cannot be killed by players you are duelling with, and in addition, you gain permanent immunity to being killed by players you have successfully had a duel with before. You will be informed whether or not a duel is successful. You may not duel with Harbingers.

Transformation
: The apocalypse will activate at the start of a day phase after you have successfully duelled a certain number of times, determined by the game moderator. All players, not just those who can kill, are now forced to accept your duel. You now attack players you duel with. Each night, you gain an additional duel -- for example, on the second night after the apocalypse begins, you may choose two players to duel.

The moderator should inform the players how many times they need to successfully activate each ability before horsemen picks are made. Typically, the threshold for apocalypse activation will be made more difficult the more Harbingers are present, as well as the higher the total playercount is.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:25 am, edited 11 times in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Harbinger Vagrant
(
Harbinger
/ Vagrant)

Role (Vagrant)
: Each night, target a player. You hide behind that player, and then kill them at the end of the night. Every action taken on the player, aside from your own kill and investigation-type actions, are copied onto you.

Alignment (Harbinger)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Peace First Responder
(
Peace
/ First Responder)

Role (First Responder)
: On nights one through two, you may target up to three people to heal at night.

Alignment (Peace)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Group Hug Relocator
(
Group Hug
/ Relocator)

Role (Relocator)
: One during each day phase, you may privately target a player by PMing the mod. Your target is jailkept the following night (protected from all kills and roleblocked). The moderator will announce that the player has been "shuttled off to an undisclosed location for their safety" in the game thread as soon as you submit this action.

Alignment (Group Hug)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Arsonist Cartel Hypnotist
(
Arsonist Cartel
/ Hypnotist)

Role (Hypnotist)
: Each night, target a player. At the beginning of the following day, their role card is switched with a random role from the Library of Atypical Factions. Vanilla roles cannot be chosen, nor can a role that is a copy of the role they already have. They are informed of this.

Alignment (Arsonist Cartel)

What is the idea behind "Nowt", gameplay-wise? It just doesn't seem fun for town or nowt.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Dark Horse Deadeye
(
Dark Horse
/ Deadeye)

Role (Deadeye)
: Once during day and night phases, you may target a player and call out one of the following options:
Town/Nowt
Groupscum
, or
Third-Party/Other
. If you call out that player's alignment successfully, kill them. If you are incorrect, you die instead. You cannot call out the same alignment twice in a row.

Alignment (Dark Horse)
: You belong to the groupscum faction with the fewest players at the beginning of the game. For all purposes except flip, you are a member of that faction. If there is a tie between multiple factions, the moderator will decide which. You partake in any PTs that faction may possess and share any factional abilities, but you will flip as a
Dark Horse
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Nemesis Electroshocker
(
Nemesis
/ Electroshocker)

Role (Electroshocker)
: Each night, you may target a player. If they are attacked at least once, you heal them from all attacks. If they are not, you attack them.

Alignment (Nemesis)
: You win if all groupscum factions lose the game.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Starkin Magnet
(
Starkin
/ Magnet)

Role (Magnet)
: Each night, you may target a player. If you target someone other than yourself, you force them to use their personal night abilities on you that night. If you target yourself, all abilities targeting you on that night are reflected back at their users. Each of these abilities can only be used once every three nights. (Ex: You may use the first N1, the second N2, nothing N3, then the first again N4).

Alignment (Starkin)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Arsonist Cartel Role Nexus
(
Arsonist Cartel
/ Role Nexus)

Role (Role Nexus)
: While you are alive, all vanilla and named vanilla roles in the game are instead a random role from the Library of Atypical Factions. Vanilla roles cannot be chosen, nor can a role that is a copy of the role they already have. They are not informed of the swap. Upon your death, they revert back to vanilla state.

In addition, each night, you have access to the abilities of a random active role from the Library of Atypical Factions. Your abilities are randomized at the start of each night.

Alignment (Arsonist Cartel)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Harbinger Hexcaster
(
Harbinger
/ Hexcaster)

Role (Hexcaster)
: Each night, except for night one, target a player. After your death, players you targetted will die unstoppably one by one on the following nights in the order you targetted them.

If at any point all players in the game other than yourself have been hexed, all hexed players die.

Alignment (Harbinger)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Town Raptor
(
Town
/ Raptor)

Role (Raptor)
: Once per game, target a player at night. As long as you and the target are alive, you will protect them every night for the rest of the game, taking one kill attempt for them.

If you are killed while taking a kill attempt for someone, the player who performed that kill attempt will begin to bleed. They will be informed of this. Bleeding players will die at the end of the next night if they do not receive healing.

If you are killed any other way, you will grant your target a One-shot Commute invention.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Town Avenger
(
Town
/ Avenger)

Role (Avenger)
: Each night, target a player. You become immune to their actions for the rest of the game. Attempt to kill them.

At the beginning of the game, you have no shots of this ability. For every phase in which at least one member of your alignment dies, gain a shot.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Town One-for-All
(
Town
/ One-for-All)

Role (One-for-All)
: Once per game during any phase, submit an ordered list of the playerlist. Upon your death, this role and all of its associated abilities will be transferred to the highest living player on the list, adding it to their existing role (including in flip). If you die without selecting a target, it will be passed randomly.

This role begins with a bodyguard ability. Each time it is passed, a random active role's abilities from the Library of Atypical Factions is added on. This role is multi-tasking with all of these abilities, as well as with any previous abilities the holder had before gaining this role. In other words, each time this role is passed, it will have another ability added on, stacking indefinitely.
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”