Mafia Normal Project: Role + Modifer Mod/Player FAQ

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

I don't want to be accused of misgaming Large Normal 235 for an interaction that didn't actually come up but could have
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

random question: Activated Informed would get the same piece of information each successful activation right?
time will end
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 26, TemporalLich wrote:random question: Activated Informed would get the same piece of information each successful activation right?
Yes.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Cook »

Welcome! You are a
Town Activated Informed Activated Informed Activated Informed Activated Informed

• Use your voice and your vote to help eliminate the scum.
• In addition, at night, you may PM me to activate your ability. Once activated, you will learn a piece of information.
• In addition, at night, you may PM me to activate your ability. Once activated, you will learn a piece of information.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
The game thread is here. Please confirm with your role and alignment.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Cook »

Welcome! You are a
Town Activated Informed Jack of All Trades
with a Visitor and an Activated Informed Jack of All Trades shot (with a Visitor and an Activated Informed Jack of All Trades shot (with a Visitor and Activated Informed Jack of All Trades shot)).
• Use your voice and your vote to help eliminate the scum.
• In addition, you possess a single-shot use of the abilities below:
• At night, you may PM me to activate your ability. Once activated, you will learn a piece of information, and gain single-shot uses of the abilities below:
• At night, you may PM me to activate your ability. Once activated, you will learn a piece of information, and gain single-shot uses of the abilities below:
• At night, you may PM me the name of another player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will visit a player in the game, but this will have no effect beyond visiting that player.
• At night, you may PM me the name of another player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will visit a player in the game, but this will have no effect beyond visiting that player.
Last edited by Cook on Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Cook »

:P
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

If anybody is looking at those roles Cook just suggested, as he just asked in the discord if they're mechanically normal.
I would like to point out the aim of normal games.
reasonably balanced and not deviant from what one would reasonably expect in a standard game of Mafia.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i mean a multi-activated informed would be fun but it would actually moreso break the rule on RNG elements.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 31, Cheery Dog wrote:If anybody is looking at those roles Cook just suggested, as he just asked in the discord if they're mechanically normal.
reasonably balanced and not deviant from what one would reasonably expect in a standard game of Mafia.
*she
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 31, Cheery Dog wrote:If anybody is looking at those roles Cook just suggested, as she just asked in the discord if they're mechanically normal.
only one of Cook's Role PMs is possibly Normal (mechanically Normal is still up in the air as idk if the same role existing more than once in a Role PM is Normal - and it is unlikely to be actually Normal even if it were mechanically Normal - unlike a Combined Cop Commuter (which I'd say is not actually Normal because of balance reasons) the reason I'd say it isn't actually Normal is Normality reasons as a quad activated informed is very distant from Normal expectations.

Shot gaining is abNormal to my knowledge.
time will end
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 33, Cook wrote:
In post 31, Cheery Dog wrote:If anybody is looking at those roles Cook just suggested, as he just asked in the discord if they're mechanically normal.
*she
Apologies. My mind has a tenancy to focus on not paying attention to itself when mentioning people that are indirectly related to the point I am making in a post.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Cook »

In post 35, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 33, Cook wrote:
*she
Apologies. My mind has a tenancy to focus on not paying attention to itself when mentioning people that are indirectly related to the point I am making in a post.
thumbs up
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im going to actually get the document set up properly tonight since we're alreafy on page 2
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

Return to “Mafia Discussion”