A Hypothetical Question About Town Flagbearer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

A Hypothetical Question About Town Flagbearer

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

Dear Everybody,

I heard on the wiki that a Town Flagbearer that "functioned as described would likely be considered a strong indication of bastard modding". I have a question. If every other Town player was informed of the identity of the Flagbearer or if the Flagbearer themselves were informed of the identities of every Mafia player as wellas being Night 1 Bulletproof, what would that end up causing? Will Town continuously try to protect the Flagbearer or will it become an unwanted burden? Will it eventually become an endless game or an extremely short game? And does Town Flagbearer even exist?

Thanks,
RH9
Last edited by RH9 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I think Assassin in the Palace is basically what you're thinking of, except the mafia goal is to eliminate the king via nightkill. I'm under the impression that there is basically a way to play it such that it's impossible for town to lose, so this doesn't get played very often (and when it is, it's usually very short).
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by RH9 »

Oh yes, that was kind of what I was thinking of, except that if some Guards were added and a pre-existing Guard was replaced with a Informed Indecisive Doctor, another with an Informed Bulletproof PGO, another with an Informed Tracker, and the Assassin was replaced with something similar to Dragon Phoenix's version (but having to not NK to activate), would the games become longer or would that be eventually a lot shorter than Assassin in the Palace? Sorry if I overcomplicated it.

Also, is the second version, essentially like a overpowered Cop? They pretty much can get Mafia killed unless they have Indecisive Doctor for Town with a Bulletproof PGO and a Compulsive Self Publishing Watcher (which I've never seen used on MafiaScum), a Combined Town Neighboriser Encryptor and the rest are Vanilla Towns. Wait, what would that cause?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo

Return to “Mafia Discussion”