Help for the mech challenged

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Help for the mech challenged

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I actually enjoy mech complex games but I struggle when playing them solo. So if a mech complex game doesn’t
allow hydras, I’m kind’ve stuck.

A concept I wonder how people feel about is game mods possibly allowing a solo player to to hydra with a silent mech competent player who never posts, just helps the solo mech challenged player out with mech things.

There’s so many games I could join, if mods allowed this accommodation for players like me and finding someone to help me with that either as an active or in the case of no hydra games - a silent partner - would be extremely helpful to players like me. Currently mods either allow active hydras or they don’t but how would people feel about allowing silent partners for mech challenged players in games disallowing active hydras? I think if most people would be cool with it, more game mods would allow it.

I don’t want to stay away from mech complex games but I will struggle in them if I can’t have any help and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

Thoughts?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by Titus »

My biggest recommendation is to learn by doing. There is no universal way to balance. mastina and I have wildly different ideas of balance, and we're both smart and she's very respected. The biggest things when doing mech analysis are 1) Does it make sense and 2) Can both sides reasonably win?

Most games aren't breakable by mech alone. In fact some punish attempts to do so.

The silent partner thing you're looking for can't really happen because claims need to be looked at based on the context when they are made. Reads impact mech and mech impacts reads.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1, Titus wrote:My biggest recommendation is to learn by doing. There is no universal way to balance. mastina and I have wildly different ideas of balance, and we're both smart and she's very respected. The biggest things when doing mech analysis are 1) Does it make sense and 2) Can both sides reasonably win?

Most games aren't breakable by mech alone. In fact some punish attempts to do so.

The silent partner thing you're looking for can't really happen because claims need to be looked at based on the context when they are made. Reads impact mech and mech impacts reads.
I suggested a silent partner in games where hydras aren’t welcome because I struggle in extremely mech complex games but I still want to be able to play them, hence my dilemma.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”