Your best scum game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Your best scum game

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I was kind of surprised to search the Discussion forum and not see that this topic already existed!

Just what the title says: drop a link to the game that you think contains your best
personal
performance in an anti-Town role, and maybe say a few words about what made that performance stand out. Bragging is explicitly encouraged!
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Umlaut »

My own contribution:

Open 679: Jungle Oligarchy

I replaced into a slot that was the most likely elimination for the day and turned it into the most townread slot in the game. Then I
used
that town cred, cashing it in to push three consecutive miselims, including one on a highly active and influential town player who would probably have been impossible to get elimmed otherwise.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by RH9 »

What if in what I consider my best scumgame, I ended up not being on the winning side?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2, RH9 wrote:What if in what I consider my best scumgame, I ended up not being on the winning side?
Same thing! Post it, and say why it's your best scum game.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1, Umlaut wrote:My own contribution:

Open 679: Jungle Oligarchy

I replaced into a slot that was the most likely elimination for the day and turned it into the most townread slot in the game. Then I
used
that town cred, cashing it in to push three consecutive miselims, including one on a highly active and influential town player who would probably have been impossible to get elimmed otherwise.
hey i was in that game
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I guess since this is a thread now I'm going to add my one strong scum game here.

Newbie 2084

Some people I've heard call it my strongest scum game (best onsite but off site it's above average) due to how I played it and managed to take advantage of town's mishaps, but a good chunk of it was also my partner setting things up for one of us to win in the end so it would also probably be one of Meg's strongest scum games as well.
Last edited by StrangeMatter on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by RH9 »

In my opinion, my best scumgame is Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress, which was modded by .
I replaced , who I think I need to share credit with.

In that game, I avoided getting eliminated or even voted at all, even though I personally thought that I was extremely scummy from my over-the-top passive-aggressive interactions.
In the beginning, I distanced from .
I 'reaction-voted' and pondered over voting him. I later unvoted. When returned after a period of inactivity, he considered voting .
In post 2130, Aristeia wrote: I think your first readlist was a borderline scum claim and then your later posting won me over.

You played extremely well!
Here is a quote from .

Side Note: I am probably going to stop imitating after this.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

Fire on the Mountain

I replaced in day two and was so widely townread for most of the game that even the dead thread was almost universally certain I was town, and when RC and I made a plan for which slots we were going to use as day kills, we only had one short of a full gamewinning list. I brute forced that extra kill on day three.

I did catch some suspicion on the last day (day 7), but by that point it was far too late.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Farren »

Eh, why not. This one's offsite:

No Reveal 15er XI

My first scumgame after returning from a long hiatus. Flipless game; 3 scum team that opened with one of my partners getting eliminated on D1 and my other partner getting shot by a vigilante on N1. It ended with a scum win, on a performance I have never managed to replicate since.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by T3 »

mini normal 2245 (something like that)

i correctly identified a pr, killed the only person who was scumreading me night 1, successfully deathbussed a partner d2.
I had everyone townreading me by day 3, and mislimmed a claimed cop in 5p elo.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Bell »

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=87534'

:> fond memories.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Probably mini normal 2207.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86364&hilit=Alicek

I hard bussed both my teammates on first days and then went on to solo sweep.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by implosion »

i have exactly one scumgame that i am extremely proud of and it's this one which was unfortunately mostly lost to the crash.

I replaced in on d1 in a slot from a player notorious for always replacing out as scum, with a scumbuddy who was absolutely doomed (and who wound up limmed d1), and crafted a fakeclaim that saved the game: that i was a 1-shot daycop who tried to investigate on d1 but the mod wasn't online so I had to save my shot for d2 and then I faked an inno on a widely scumread slot d2. (I also got lucky and shot the town's actual important PR, a watcher, n1). That claim and people's reactions to it, at least, weren't lost to the crash.

The effect of this was essentially that I landed myself squarely in the middle of the player list in terms of towniness - there were 2 people that i could nightkill without arousing any suspicion (my inno and the bodyguard), but my claim looked like a really unlikely thing for scum to do so i was essentially next after them as town. Part of the reason I'm proud of the game is that I convinced Regfan I was town from the claim (which is not something I think I historically am anywhere near good at) and then won the 1v1 with him in eLo (when he eventually figured me out). He's one of the players whose towngame I historically most respect/am most afraid of.

Basically it was a case, I think, of recognizing that I was losing by a lot and that therefore a high-risk play was justified because with a playerlist containing Regfan and Retrospective (both good players who I'd played a lot with on EM) it was not likely I was gonna make it through the game on regular play alone. I think this game also partially eventually inspired this stratagem; since I knew scum were both actually goons, I was able to hide behind speculation that maybe the second scum was a godfather or a roleblocker or something of that ilk to explain the somewhat high town power.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Probably my only good one: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=67612

Perfect win as cult leader with a really fun player list
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:43 am

Post by Yume »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75101

That one, period. You can say I sucked in it all you want, but I sucked more in all the others, so it remains my best one.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Faraday »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=17388

this was great because it was fun as fuck and i rocked it, i think before this despite having never lost as scum i'd been a bit underestimated and so basically pulled out all my shitposting skills against a good playerlist.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Adorable »

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=81496
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82679

I only have 3 scum games here and both of the links I posted here it's hard for me to decide which one is the best since I did good on both of them. The first link I replaced in for a scum slot as a mafia goon, was being put in the poe, claimed vt in massclaim and on the night before lylo the vanilla cop checked me and got vanilla town result on me. Alot of town played scummy in that game and I won by being less scummy.

The second link I replaced in for another scum slot on night 1. One of my scum buddies got lynched on day 1 and on night 1 it was just me and another scum buddy. Day 2 some of the players were town reading me because my predecessor was the second player on my scum buddy wagon and because of the interaction. On day 3 we mass claimed, I claimed vt and town started putting me in poe saying there are two scum in the 4 vt claim which was false because my scum buddy claimed neighborizer and she was being widly town read due to her claim and analysis. I got in a 1 on 1 with one of the vt claims which gave me a headache and I ended up having to take a step back cooling my head for 24 hours while my buddy takes over trying to shift the wagon to the town babysitter since me and my buddy really wanted him eliminated and his previous night action choices were scary and he eventually got eliminated. The next day which was lylo a vt voted another vt and my scum buddy and I quickly hammered at the same time.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:38 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Simpsons Mafia this might be more 3P than mafia

Good Omens this is a groupscum game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Ythan »

The one I always remember is a marathon game where I won as a serial poisoner.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19136

Edited for grammar
Last edited by Ythan on Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My best scumgame for realsies is on another site
On here, it’s probably Dance of the Dark Fairy. Didn’t have a great start but managed to fend off the initial suspicion on me to actually make it to endgame.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:23 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Unfortunately I don’t have the link to the game because the site I played it on crashed in 2008. The site is back up now, but we lost the files pre-08. Anyway…

My best anti-town game was when I was part of a 5-player wolf team. The then was set in 1799 Amsterdam. My wolf team were a bunch of veterans and I was relatively new, but there was heavy roleplay that game but multiple players. I roleplayed as a Sherlock Holmesesque detective trying to crack the case of mysterious deaths in Amsterdam. I had a partner (someone who I had pocketed to trust me) and the rest of my wolf buddies made it so that we never even interacted with each other in case one died there would be no connection.

To make it short, I convinced the town I was the junior seer after we night-killed the real seer. I had everyone in my pocket until the last night (unbeknownst to us, that next day the real junior seer was going to claim) when we made the final kill to clinch the game. My roleplay story had been a huge part of the game and once we won I sent the moderator the final reveal of me actually being a wolf and not a detective and it made for a real bragging rights moment and what made people saw I had potential to be a dangerous player. My wolf games just went up and up from there.

I don’t think any scum games on here compare to anything I’ve done offsite.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”