Mafia Universe Championships - Let's enter this year

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I do not see why you are so against me, when this is simply clerical work and organizing info into 1 place and updating a thread.

I am not someone who is immune to input, as I've already even updated the OP to reflect the requested self nom system
(something I feel was something you pushed for your own self interest due to your self nom being inserted and nobody nominating you)
- But At the end of the day I am not choosing who goes, I am definitely offering my input and discussion however and you will not silence me as an active player.
Let's keep remarks like this out of the discussion, please. The process cannot work if criticism of the process is mixed in with accusations and implications about user's personal positions. You asked others not to speculate about you and whether you taking a greater hand in organizing was indicative of sabotage and that is a fair thing to ask. You need to extend the same to others.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Prism »

My #1 vote is still N_M.

I will think more carefully over whether or not I'd be eager to play. The chance to play high-level games is always a treat, but I have severe reservations about nominations, awards, competitions and the like. I always find even simple compliments difficult to stomach. I would want to commit fully rather than pull my hat in or out whimsically.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Ythan »

I firmly trust that Koba is not trying to undermine MS but I also agree with LLD that there is a conflict of interest here. That's not a judgment of Koba, who I feel has done a nice thing by making this thread, at all, it's just the reality of the circumstances.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I do not see why you are so against me, when this is simply clerical work and organizing info into 1 place and updating a thread.

I am not someone who is immune to input, as I've already even updated the OP to reflect the requested self nom system(something I feel was something you pushed for your own self interest due to your self nom being inserted and nobody nominating you) - But At the end of the day I am not choosing who goes, I am definitely offering my input and discussion however and you will not silence me as an active player.
Kay so a few things.

First of all, I'm not against you, I'm for Ethics. But since you seem determined to take this personally and make it personal by insulting me, lemme go down the line a bit here.

I never volunteered. I asked a question wondering if I even could play again, both as a method of saying "I am a person who also had MU Champs experience" and because I was genuinely curious if I could because if I want to play, I'd probably rep Liar's Club again. I have 0 interest in Repping MS on MU, or playing on MU again.

Your insult here is proof why you should not have any hand in this decision whatsoever. You took a valid ethics concern backed by moderation and chose violence to insult me instead. You have in the process of this thread insulted Prism, N_M and myself.

It is not okay to act as you have because people are uncomfortable with how you are handling things.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I wasn't aware I had executive control over who gets to go
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 79, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I am not someone who is immune to input, as I've already even updated the OP to reflect the requested self nom system(something I feel was something you pushed for your own self interest due to your self nom being inserted and nobody nominating you) - But At the end of the day I am not choosing who goes, I am definitely offering my input and discussion however and you will not silence me as an active player.
Kay so a few things.

First of all, I'm not against you, I'm for Ethics. But since you seem determined to take this personally and make it personal by insulting me, lemme go down the line a bit here.

I never volunteered. I asked a question wondering if I even could play again, both as a method of saying "I am a person who also had MU Champs experience" and because I was genuinely curious if I could because if I want to play, I'd probably rep Liar's Club again. I have 0 interest in Repping MS on MU, or playing on MU again.

Your insult here is proof why you should not have any hand in this decision whatsoever. You took a valid ethics concern backed by moderation and chose violence to insult me instead. You have in the process of this thread insulted Prism, N_M and myself.

It is not okay to act as you have because people are uncomfortable with how you are handling things.
I did not insult anyone.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:00 pm

In post 78, Ythan wrote:I firmly trust that Koba is not trying to undermine MS but I also agree with LLD that there is a conflict of interest here. That's not a judgment of Koba, who I feel has done a nice thing by making this thread, at all, it's just the reality of the circumstances.
This was my point from jump, yes. It's morphed a bit given the pushback I've been given by Koba but, yes this was the original concern and still is a concern. ty.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

If you wish to discuss things like that, bringing them up in this thread is not appropriate.
retired
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:03 pm

In post 83, DkKoba wrote:If you wish to discuss things like that, bringing them up in this thread is not appropriate.
This is absolutely the thread to bring up conflicts of interest about your control over MU Champs nominations.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I am stepping away from doing this because I don't want drama. I will still be voicing my opinion in the new thread, and still pushing my own voice. I don't wish to constantly have to respond to misrepresentations of what I have said or am doing - and frankly I am probably one of the most active members of this community and I am disappointed by how some have treated me just because I was trying to do something for others.

This was supposed to be something that was supposed to be fun and bring people together, not incite drama and it just makes me sad that that is what it devolved to.

I did not intend to insult anyone, what happened with Prism was simply because I know they have a grudge against me, and knowing how NM usually plays in games makes it feel like for a competition like this it was a joke submission, even though I am aware NM has good reads and such it did not seem like a good faith nomination since I also am aware that NM dislikes MU and has expressed that in games I have played with him, so I falsely assumed that this was known about him as well.

I never thought NM was bad I just didn't think he particularly cared not wanted to participate.

LLD I did not mean to insult, but rather found it hypocritical that they were accusing me of special interests while advocating for a system that would push them into being a nominee much more easily when it seemed like they were interested. I was wrong it seems and I acknowledge that - however this was how it felt when I was trying to simply help the community and they kept pushing this specific system.

I wish to be recognized as an active member of the community, and not feel alienated as I just did. I pushed to get us to play here, because I like this community. Please don't make me regret that.

That is all the clarification of things I was misrepresented on and I want to squash this drama - > if you have anything further to discuss bring it to my DMs, do not please discuss it in public any further. I hate drama. I do not want it. I want peace.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I am putting this is a new post but there will be a new thread, I talked with a moderator and that's what it seems like will happen so sit tight.
retired
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by AniX »

Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Mafia Discussion”