Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Tom
Tom
Goon
Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Tom »

InflatablePie wrote:Just overlooked (didn't exactly mod) a large game offsite with the following role(s) that I recommended. They were generally well-liked by both the mods and players (when the roles were explained in postgame):

TOWN Mason (Yin) - Unlynchable as long as Mason (Yang) is alive.
TOWN Mason (Yang) - Bulletproof as long as Mason (Yin) is alive.

To prevent a breaking strategy of Mason Yin claiming ASAP for doc protection or the like, they were also informed that if any protective roles targeted them (doc, bodyguard, etc.), those actions would fail. [EDIT] Actually, this didn't apply in said game. But the thought did cross my mind, so consider it more of a "tweak" to the role(s).

I haven't seen anything similar to this, but I have the feeling someone beat me to this idea...
Similarly,

In August '09, I hosted a Final Fantasy VII: Mafia game (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246723) in Smashboards' Decisive Games forum where I included a pair of independent siblings, one who was unlynchable and one who was bulletproof, and their win-condition was to be the last two players alive (like an SK).

Not so similarly,

I also made another pair of independent siblings for a Dragon Ball Z game on the same forum, where it took 2/3 majority (rounded down) to lynch one of them, but votes on each sibling also counted (secretly) towards the other sibling. So with 12 players alive, it would take 7 to lynch a normal player but 9 to lynch one of these siblings, but if one had 4 votes and one had 5 votes, they would both die.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”