Mafia Universe Championships - Representative Nominations

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 119, Prism wrote:To be clear, if there's strong support for private ballots and the modteam is not willing to be the one to count them, we can work with a dubious system and I (and/or someone else!) can be the one to take them. CC'ing someone else can add some layer of safety but people will forget, the most energetic atm is Lukewarm who shares my view on who should go, etc.
I volunteer to be CC'd on private ballots to confirm the count if people want that
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by AniX »

I think mods counting the secret ballots, if this is a route the community wants to go, is doable.
In post 122, Prism wrote:Thanks for all the work in 117 Lukewarm, especially with adding in all of the single-nominees+splitting off those who confirmed interest. I definitely don't object to PMing them, and I think a combination of self-recusals and the modteam veto (which will only be utilized for final candidates) should solve the behavioral issue.

As a reminder, I at least assume the modteam's PMs to be open to behavioral concerns/ban history. (If that much isn't available we are truly fucked)...But as much as Lukewarm and I can believe this isn't the thread for it, the modteam has made it clear that litigating ban history is a valid topic of discussion. If people actually want to do that, we have no authority to stop you. I just hope we don't go that route.
Yes, absolutely, as with all matters relating to site behavior and moderation action, our PMs are always open.

To be clear, though LITIGATING (that is, discussing, disputing, or debating) ban history is not a valid topic of discussion in this thread because there is no need to. The Ban Announcement thread is publicly available to read and every ban that would count for C is listed in that thread. There is no need for discussion or debate beyond a factual accounting of "User X has been banned within the past two years and would not qualify."
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by Prism »

I can't say I enjoy these "clarifications" being portrayed as something that has always been the case-for example the two year guideline was only put down by yourself last night with no accompanying suggestion for healthy discussion-but at least we're getting somewhere.

I'm happy enough with the guidelines themselves, so thank you.

Concretely, ND39 has faced mod action in the last year. Mastina has in the last two years, but is right on the border at April 18th, 2020. 2 years will elapse before the final date for MU, which leaves room for ambiguity.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Got sidetracked, but the PMs to the people nominated just went out
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

appreciate whoever was thinking of me. i have some experience playing on MU but am probably a little too washed up to really represent MS. probably better for one of you youngsters to take the lead
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Prism »

>youngsters
>catboi, age 66, has been playing mafia nonstop since 1998
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by mastina »

I realize that I can do deadlines of this length.

I was a very very prominent werewolf/mafia player on one of my other sites I frequented as often as I did on mafiascum;
I have played plenty of Blitz games on here;
I even played in I think a previous version of either this tournament or one very very very similar to it years upon years ago.

So I realize I CAN do it.

But honestly, especially with my work schedule: I genuinely just have no desire to. The offsitedness of it, the lack of familiar faces in it (in my games I like a mixture of new faces and players I don't know, like ~50:50 new:old, or 75:25 old:new, not like...95:5 new:old), the setups involved, all of it, it's just...not my thing. I CAN do it. I just...especially with how out-of-the-way I would need to go for it going to a different website and constantly logging in...I have no desire to.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Prism »

Makes sense, and also solves our ambiguity issue. Thanks for letting us know mastina!

...(and northsidegal!)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey all, I'm flattered to have been considered but it's highly unlikely I would be able to keep up with 600-700 posts per day and short deadline well enough to represent the community here. I see several fantastic players have also been nominated and I would be happy to throw my vote behind any of them
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nom morning tweet
Nom dannflor
Nom rc
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by Menalque »

nom oka

nth MT
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:09 am

Post by shiki »

thankyou for nominating me prism

and thankyou to rh9, pooky and datisi for the nths

and also thankyou to prism as well as lukewarm for letting me know about the nomination via pm, as otherwise i would not have as i was unaware of this thread/the mafia universe championships and so forth

(and sorry for not checking my pms in a more timely manner)

however i guess i do not feel as though i am particularly qualified to play in this nor do i feel as though i would be very representative of mafiascum as a whole

so i will decline the nomination in hopes of us sending a better ambassador
feel free to delete this ghost
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

As people check in or nominate additional people, I will be updating post 117.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:33 am

Post by catboi »

In post 130, Prism wrote:>youngsters
>catboi, age 66, has been playing mafia nonstop since 1998
im tom brady
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

I can count votes/ballots, whatever you all think is the best method, I am on board for.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Prism »

I think we would all love that. It's probably better if you post the voting thread to avoid any mixups. I can draft up the post giving the short (and long) explanation of the voting system and the final list of nominees when you have them, so that all you have to do is paste it in.

No one seemed to disagree with my suggestion of the 10th as a deadline. Give some time now that we've got renewed interest, but don't let it completely die out before the voting stage. Start the vote the next day, and assuming we close votes a week later on the 18th, should give us 5 days to find a backup plan in case of any disasters.

(expired on 2022-04-11 00:00:39) is the nomination deadline.

(That's April 10th, 11:59PM EST)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:39 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I'm bad and washed and MUs website is scary

Mena is back?

nom mena
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Prism »

There are a few more voting procedure details, such as the order of elimination for ties (Ex. Three users have only one first place vote, who gets kicked first?) but at this point I don't want to design an entire constitution in thread.

Recount ballots after removing the first winner to get alternate (so a universal second place vote doesn't get scammed), tiebreaks probably broken by Borda count (alternative is elim simultaneously, too risky to rank honestly given low total number of ballots), nominees can put themselves #1 if they want, worst case scenario mith picks whose username he likes best.

Not perfect but they work
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Thank you for the nominations :)

This is such a cool event! There's not a chance in hell I could do it! But I very much appreciate being nominated, even more so when it's by players i admire :)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I appreciate the nomination but I believe the two year period was specifically chosen to make sure that I wasn't a viable nominee and if I wanted to participate this isn't the site I would represent.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:43 am

I'll
Nominate MariaR

The people that would have received nominations before her from me are either disinterested or representing other sites and I think that her general proficiency, experience with MU meta, non controversy as a pick as a prior listmod, and relative balance of scum and town performance make her a good choice.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 145, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll
Nominate MariaR

The people that would have received nominations before her from me are either disinterested or representing other sites and I think that her general proficiency, experience with MU meta, non controversy as a pick as a prior listmod, and relative balance of scum and town performance make her a good choice.
She was one of the very first noms from me ya noob ;P
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:50 am

I'd add that if your goal with a nominee is a strong performance and you pick someone that is not experienced with the MU meta you will be disappointed performance wise. It takes adjusting time as both alignments.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm really flattered to be nominated! but I think I'll have to decline, sadly. I don't think I can meet the high density time commitment required for playing in this. Looking forward to passively following the games of whoever does end up nominated though!
I prefer they, thanks :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

Does anyone mind if I submit myself? I am not MathBlade on MU and haven’t played there in a while but still have some awards from there.

If I can’t submit myself I don’t want to out my MU account as it has a better rep than I do here
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mafia Discussion”