Oddball Pick Your Evil Interest Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Oddball Pick Your Evil Interest Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

This is a thread seeking interest in a WIP Mafia project I am currently working on. It's still in production but will constitute in 17 player closed setups with 2 different atypical factions. Which ones? I don't know, but the list of them is posted below. The players will vote on two of them to use, then a modular system of adding roles (think adding roles like in Twofold 2d3, but instead of being random its determined by the faction picked)

Some Information will be public to all players: Alignment Ratios (Most often 11:3:3, but 10:3:4 is possible), example Modules for the Mafia and Werewolf factions to gauge power level, thematic elements of each faction to clue in what there personal powers may be, Theme Names of the Standard Mason, Cop, And Doctor associated with the faction, and a full* role Pm of the vanilla** member of that faction.

*One Faction has its ability hidden by design from the other players
** Some factions do not have traditional vanilla members since it doesn't work with their faction's gimmick, the given role will be considered vanilla to vanilla cops.

So what is this thread for? Questions, Pre-Ins, discussion, general awareness, my sanity for not keeping this idea solely in my head

Anticipated questions?

When will the game be hosted? - It enters the queue whenever the balance is finalized for the modules and a co-mod is found.
When will balance be finalized? - Hard to say, reviewing should start either later today or tomorrow once I finish some role PMs.
If there's so many factions, what happens to the unused ones? - I plan to host this setup with the already used factions excluded at a later date than the original run, making changes if needed
Why did you make possibilities for so many factions? - I'm insane and love the idea of atypical factions.
How will you react if a combination of factions result in one faction to be overly powered or overly weak? - Unobtrusive last second revisions will be a part of the setup if something becomes outragous.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Factions:

Replicants
- Factional Kill, Factional Mimic + Follower
Dark Creatures
Factional Combined Poison Roleblock
Starkin
- Conditional Power Increase for all members, Factional Non-Multitasking Visit, Factional One Shot Automatic Condition Meet
Sunshine Club
- Factional day kill, all their abilities are during the day
Arsonist Cartel
-Factional Arsonist ability
Mysterious Electricians
- Factional ability to charge players for ??? effect. May charge themselves or not automatically on day 1.
Negach Syndicate
-[/color] One Shot Factional Kill, +1 use for each dead member, Factional Complicated Watch
Apparitions
- Factional Combined Strongman Cannibal Role Stealer, usuable once per player
Astral Creatures
- Factional Roleblock, becomes Factional Enforcer (Kill + Roleblock) at 2 members, Factional OS Godfather-Bulletproof by last living member
Goo
- Factional Ability to give their goo ability to another player instead of use them themself. Only have activated reflexive abilities. Have 4 Members
Munitionate
- Factional Ability to kill target if they don't visit. If the target visits the target will instead kill whoever they visit.
Druids
- All personal abilities are delayed. Factional Flytrap ability (delayed kill or delayed 2 nights strongman kill)

Town
They have to put up with the above. Main strength is numbers.
Last edited by MegAzumarill on Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

For Clarification of you have interest please post here so I know if there is any or not.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:42 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Due to lack of interest/ reviewer and another large entering queue I have decided to delay this setup until either sufficient interest is present or I feel like hitting this brick wall again

Return to “Mafia Discussion”