How long do you think the day/night phases should last?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

How long should days and nights last (choose one for day and one for night)

12 hour days
3%
12 hour nights
No votes
24 hour days
No votes
24 hour nights
5%
48 hour days
5%
48 hour nights
34%
3 day days
No votes
3 day nights
No votes
4 day days
No votes
4 day nights
No votes
week long day
24%
week long night
5%
10 day days
18%
10 day nights
5%

Total votes: 38

Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

How long do you think the day/night phases should last?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Sterling the steampunk »

for forum mafia I'd say 48 hour days and 24 hour nights, gives enough time for accusations and responses at day and enough time to submit night actions at night. for real time mafia (such as Town of Salem or meat world) I'd say 2 minutes to 12 minutes depending on how much discussion is taking place is sufficient time for day, and 60 seconds if all actions can be submitted at once, or 30 seconds for each action if you need to do each action separately
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

It depends on what the players want. Blitz deadlines of 48/24 can be great, but you see less of them here because they tend to be very hard on older players, whose work and family obligations make it near-impossible to keep up with those still in school. 3+ hours of play in one day is difficult but doable, but 3+ hours a day for 4 or 5 days in a week is impossible. I say 3+ hours because typically anyone spending less gets overwhelmed or shut out by higher activity players in those games.

The style of play and argumentation also develops very differently based off of the deadlines. Playing well while playing fast is a valuable skill, but longer deadlines can result in a level of polish to arguments and games that make them absolutely beautiful to read.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 0, Sterling the steampunk wrote:for forum mafia I'd say 48 hour days and 24 hour nights, gives enough time for accusations and responses at day and enough time to submit night actions at night. for real time mafia (such as Town of Salem or meat world) I'd say 2 minutes to 12 minutes depending on how much discussion is taking place is sufficient time for day, and 60 seconds if all actions can be submitted at once, or 30 seconds for each action if you need to do each action separately
dude the site isn't going to change to accommodate what literally every other forum mafia site does

this is the niche that we like that has worked for many people, with longer phases.

you are the same person who was talking about the L word stuff the other month - if you don't like how things are run around here you don't *have* to stay here. there are options that accept the things you want in games.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I think a long game can be rewarding
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:48 am

In post 2, DkKoba wrote:
In post 0, Sterling the steampunk wrote:for forum mafia I'd say 48 hour days and 24 hour nights, gives enough time for accusations and responses at day and enough time to submit night actions at night. for real time mafia (such as Town of Salem or meat world) I'd say 2 minutes to 12 minutes depending on how much discussion is taking place is sufficient time for day, and 60 seconds if all actions can be submitted at once, or 30 seconds for each action if you need to do each action separately
dude the site isn't going to change to accommodate what literally every other forum mafia site does

this is the niche that we like that has worked for many people, with longer phases.

you are the same person who was talking about the L word stuff the other month - if you don't like how things are run around here you don't *have* to stay here. there are options that accept the things you want in games.
If people are this toxic outside of games here, I'd hate to see how toxic they are in game

and of course you have they/them pronouns. people like y'all are always self centered.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Prism »

For the next website you wind up on, consider not attacking people on the basis of their gender identity and restricting it to their own actions/words. I regret giving you a real answer.

Sayonara.
Sterling the steampunk
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Sterling the steampunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:28 am

I'm not going to use her preferred pronouns. also she was a jerk anyways
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:08 am

Post by AniX »

Just a housekeeping note: We've seen this, we've already banned Sterling from posting (and blanked their abuse of the pronoun field), we'll sort out the bureaucracy of it a little later.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Good riddance.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Mafia Discussion”