Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Phoenicks
Phoenicks
Goon
Phoenicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Phoenicks »

In post 57, Remembrance wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by that? What's scummy about not wanting to die as town? Meta is a weak tell at best and I'd do it as either alignment. I'm town this game so if you guys don't want to lose, then lynch Leafsfail VOTE: Leafsfail. He's reaching and it's obvious he has nothing of value to contribute! :o

(I'll stop now, thanks again for the advice!).

When you start playing from a script*, others will assume you've taken the part of Dogberry or Polonius. "What's he going to horck up next." If you're reading lines, you lose sincerity.

There was an English Prime Minister who visited a shipyard and extolled the values of shipyards. Pausing in his lubrications of what value the industry was, how ships benefited England, and of the power of the sea, he asked "Now, why am I saying all this?" Someone answered: "Because you're in a shipyard!"

Don't be the Prime Minister. Authenticity is one of a townie's best strengths -- he does not have to lie. He can be reckless in places scum would be cautious.

*This is different from a list of guidelines, which is what you're should (and are) distill(ing).

tl;dr If you'd do it as any alignment, it loses power and becomes more of a null tell.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”