Describe the Playstyle Above You

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Natirasha is a good player. Seems like he needs to post a little bit more, though.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Kison »

ForbiddanLight
: I haven't completed a game with you in a good long while, but from what I can tell by comparing your play in Cicero's game with your play as Mrs. "Pacman", the neighborhood fence sitting, subway murdering scumbag, you've improved significantly. Now that I think about it, I was actually in another game with you where you prematurely announced your victory, although aside from that one blunder, I think you did very well trying to frame me. One observation is that you are very defensive, causing your focus to shift easily.

animorpherv1
: Try playing more attentively. Although I don't see very many completed games of yours, and a relatively low post count. The few games I did find you posted too sporadically. I take it you're more interested in Mish Mash than Mafia.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I've only had the pleasure of playing with you as scum on multiple occasions. I have to admit you are one of the most enjoyable players I've gamed with on site. This gives me the feeling that others may be reluctant to lynch you because they do not want you to leave the game. As scum you behave in ways that were clearly not in the scum's best interest and this totally threw me in Space Monkey. I think in the Minivitational you (and me alike) coasted a bit too much, but you were certainly proactive in iPick. I'd like to see your town abilities some day.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Oman »

A little wordy :D

Shaft.ed you're often correct, and you often describe it well, the problem is that you choose the wrong times to be certain. That is, early in the game you portray a very confident player who has it all figured out, but that slowly decays as the game progresses. I haven't played with you too much, so these may be isolated, but I remember you pinning me midgame in "that" mini (forgot the number), you were confident and right on and it just tore me apart.

But yeah, you seem to work well on your proactive advances, I can't say much for how you react to situations that approach you though, I simply can't remember.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Porochaz »

This guys playstyle could be described as moronic but that would be to nice, when you get more sense out of a poster when hes drunk you know somethings wrong, I think he tries typing with his nose or something. Hes worse than a newbie who flakes without one post. He's worse than John McCain pretending to be on QVC. Take it from me, you dont want to play with this low life, he who flakes, flames and generallly fucks games over. You have been warned.

And his avatar sucks

Im joking of course, the exact opposite applies to it all.

Apart from his avatar.

That does suck.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by armlx »

Tends to run the blend into background a lot with average relevant content, which can be good (Weather Mafia) or lead to awkward scenarios (Pikmin Mafia). When called out usually steps it up quite well though.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by kuribo »

I would agree with a previous poster that armlx tends to lean toward the use of meta, but I don't think he relies on it TOO much. Although, in general, I find him to be a knowledgeable player when he's pro-town, and a dangerous one when he is and I'm not. (Haven't played with armlx-scum, I don't think). Armlx tends to combine his use of meta with pretty solid scum hunting and this seems to often get him favorable results.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by roflcopter »

kuribo was doing well in the one game we've played together until a serious emotional self destruction, complete with self vote and asking to be hammered, as town. i haven't played with him since.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by kuribo »

roflcopter wrote:kuribo was doing well in the one game we've played together until a serious emotional self destruction, complete with self vote and asking to be hammered, as town. i haven't played with him since.
yeah, that wasn't one of my brightest moments, I've been trying to rein in the festering anger lately
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by Korts »

roflcopter. impulsive gut player, very aggressive, DGB-style badgering; simply awesome. He has no faults.
scumchat never die
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Kison wrote:
animorpherv1
: Try playing more attentively. Although I don't see very many completed games of yours, and a relatively low post count. The few games I did find you posted too sporadically.
I take it you're more interested in Mish Mash than Mafia.
Yes. I immediatly came for mafia, and joined one, but it went by too fast, and I ended up lurking, so I went and played MishMash. I recently got back into playing MS Mafia again.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:43 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Korts:
Drom what I've seen, Korts is a level headed player. He seems willing to listen, and take some strong points. A well rounded player, if you ask me.

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:55 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Ani:
I haven't played any mafia games with you, but I'd be very interested to. I was about to say that I thoroughly enjoy playing Mish Mash games with you, but then I remembered you shot me in Paranoia. ;P Kidding, though I do make the observation you seem to only be looking out for yourself. You seem very active in the MS section, and a good contributer (and certainly make any game fun.) If only you weren't always out to get me. ;P
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ShadowGirl wrote:
Ani:
I haven't played any mafia games with you, but I'd be very interested to. I was about to say that I thoroughly enjoy playing Mish Mash games with you, but then I remembered you shot me in Paranoia. ;P Kidding, though I do make the observation you seem to only be looking out for yourself. You seem very active in the MS section, and a good contributer (and certainly make any game fun.) If only you weren't always out to get me. ;P
:P Very funny, I always DO seem to be out to get you, I don't know why.

(skip me and playstyle ShadowGirl)

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:22 am

Post by icemanE »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by icemanE on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Caboose »

icemanE

Needs to reread thread before posting in a game you replace into. :p

ShadowGirl

Always seems like scum in games that she's town and seems like town in games that she's scum. Uses the " :/ " thing a lot.

Korts

Hard to read. I really don't have a scum meta on him as he was hammered page 1 in the only game I've played where he was scum. Cool avatar.

roflcopter

Extremely aggressive and funny. Is a pain in the @$$ to scum when he's town. Has something against capitalization.

armlx

Another one who's a real pain in the @$$ to scum when he's town. Never lurks.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Caboose's style is all about conciseness, admits having problems keeping focus. Sometimes gets him into trouble, that. Conciseness, I like and am working on that myself.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Claus »

I have never played or modded with CarnCarn (I think). I read his posts from two of his recent games, and what I can say is that he is a player who posts a lot of short posts which seem relevant to the current events of each game.

I like that. I think I would enjoy playing with you.

You _seem_ to follow more than lead, but that is something that I can't really tell from just reading a few of your recent game posts. If that is true, I would try to work on it.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Very pleasant and level player, clean, active and nice play, with brilliant moments of scumhunting too.

Always sounds calm and collected when making a case, which lends him credibility and force of conviction, in fact sounds so towns it triggered my 'too townie alert' both time I played with him.

Cases are interesting with insights going beyond the clichés, and with risk taking, which is IMO pretty much what distinguish a game from another.

An agreeable player to converse with, not an ounce of ego transpires in his post and is gracious in wins as in loss.

I enjoyed greatly both games I played with you, and in both I think you contributed much to the good atmosphere and to an interesting game, I don't think you should change anything. However in an attempt to make this post sounds less sycophantic, I'd have to say that the avatar is terrible.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Caboose »

I liked this thread. Not sure why it died. :(
I haven't played a full game with springlullaby yet.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Or I with Caboose.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Springlullaby: I'll wait until our ongoing is done (only game I've seen you) to comment here.

Caboose: Polygamist was the only game I played with you. It was hard to really form an opinion, since you lurked most of the game. I guess my advice would be to become more invested in games and keep up to date.

MafiaPlayer: is a player I have not played mafia with.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Simenon »

From my small experience, Goat has many virtues. His posts are concise when they need to be concise, large when they need to be large, and his arguments are always sensible and logical. He didn't post as much as he could the in the game I played with him, though.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Simenon.

Thoughtful, concise and logical.

Doesn't go for the jugular enough.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I have never played with the Fonzie. I do wish I was able to. Same for Simenon.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Return to “Mafia Discussion”