Describe the Playstyle Above You

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Describe the Playstyle Above You

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by skitzer »

I decided to create this thread because it will show just what people think of you. It can also show what you need to improve on, and generally I don't think people are really getting themselves across when their posting.

You don't have to be nice, but be positive. We are trying to improve quality of games here.

Why You Should Post Here:

1. It helps get out what everyone's thinking and displays common thoughts.
2. It's like a fun Mish Mash game, only productive!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Korts »

The one game I played with you, very lurkish. Annoyed the heck out of me, since we were scumpartners. Still, it worked pretty fine up until you got caught on some faulty logic.

The things you gotta work on are thinking through arguments, and the thing that made you be that lynch in Desperate Mafia, don't lose your head. There's always some way to get what you want, you just have to keep at it.

This may be out of date, though, that was more than half a year ago I think.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

Korts: Both times I played with you, you were town and both times I felt you didn't really try and find scum except at the start of the game and then at the end. This can hurt the town as in what happened with hascows game and leave you guessing, see shaft's game. In shaft's game you were wrong and didn't look at the big picture. In hascow you got the big picture but it was too late. I feel you need to work more on the middle part of the game as hard as the start and end.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Farside22: As I've had the pleasure of mod'ing you in all of my games, I'd say your a good level headed townie (haven't see you as scum yet). I think your main hang up is that you can tend to make up your mind quickly on players, and I think this can color your later game perspective. Sometimes this plays well as in Monty Python/Pick a Player, other times it doesn't as in our Open Game and YAWYE. As far as reading you, you generally give off a strong town vibe from my perspective. This might make your scum game harder to pull off, but more effective when you do (and is my preferred playstyle).
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Guardian »

shaft.ed: Sneaky sneaky bastard. Can discuss any situation he finds himself in in a way that makes sense, explaining his actions as if they could only have had pro-town motivations. Is a decent determiner of scum and can persuasively argue to lynch town or scum; it seems that actual truth has very little to do with how well he can argue for a situation, making it hard for others to figure out whether the person he is attacking is worthy of attack, even if they know shaft.ed is town.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Simenon »

Oooh, this is fun.

Guardian: Very experimental. I remember when he faked that post restriction in Julius Caesar and posted in Haiku in Ork Mafia. He's very direct and logical, but also very emotional. As I recall, he's better at scum. He sometimes self-destructs as town, although that might be outdated.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

<<Posting based on my old irc expierence with him sionce I ain't played with him on forum.

Probably has the best skills at bussing his teammates i ever seen when he is scum. I got lightly pressured on irc by a town player. He said "You know what your saying makes a little sence sutherlands. I'm going to look back and see if I can generate more of a case for a pf lynch. a couple minutes later sim had a huge case on me that got me lynched bigtime. Suth didn't even vote me he just fosed me and simienon looked at that, made a case and bussed me so hard and well I almost thought he was town. He coasted to endgame and won easy without ever getting voted outside of the random stage since everyone was so convinced he was town by his bus of me. If my role pm had not told me he was partner I would not have. Best busser ever so his dream role would probably be mafia usurper.

Rarely played with him when he was town. Liked to pressure people especially lurkers to get there real side out and see if a case should be built there. He doesn't lurk and likes to speed things up activity wise as town and this can play into his scum style since speed can catch people off guard sometimes.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7993
Here is a game of his I read once that has alot of what I talked about exhibited when he is scum.

Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 am

Post by armlx »

Tends to be good at acting generally pro-town regardless of alignment, but tends to more support cases then make them from my experience. The support tends to be generally solid however.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Max »

armlx: seems to base a large amount off meta, I always seem to think you are scum and vice-versa, but is good at presenting strong cases often right, if they were better verbalised they would probably result in more lynches.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 am

Post by dahill1 »

only really joins experimental/changed rules games, not that that's a bad thing. i don't think i've ever played with you but from what i've seen you always seem to be actively lurking. that is, just gliding along with a few filler posts and not really generating too much content. usually seems to follow cases instead of building them
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

dahill1 is a clever, cautious player who strives to walk a tightrope and not step on to anyone's toes. That way, he actively avoids to make himself a target for scum kills, or vig kills. He is eager to strategize and takes the time to think things through.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Terrible.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Phate »

Plays with alts. Better with town than scum, from what I've read. Active, at least in games he's interested in. Gives an impression of being slightly manic, especially early game, but is ready and sometimes willing to back his actions up with logic or good-sounding bullshit, and argue for it successfully. Gambits; likes traps. Tends to confuse newer players. Moderately abrasive.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 am

Post by hasdgfas »

A bit lurkish from what I've seen. I haven't played too many games with you, but if you think about the games as much here as you do on IRC, you'd be very good. As is, I usually find you scummy in every forum game I've read of yours.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by icemanE »

From what I remember has is a cow, all the time. Also a good and consistent mod.

Playstyle-wise: very town meta if you ask me. Haven't been in a game where I was overly suspicious of him, though I think I've only played two he was in.
Taro Aso
Taro Aso
Watcher
Taro Aso
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Taro Aso »

Very good at staying scummy but not the most scummy. Doesn't seem to make his own case very often, and they don't seem to be ironclad when he makes them, but uses that as a springboard to following another wagon.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Edit: Wait a minute, that's a BlakAdder alt. Give me a minute to update...

Sadly, you're still too new for me to have a good read on your playstyle. From what I can tell, you're noncommittal as town and very defensive as scum. Unfortunately, you need to die/Mafia 86 needs to end before I have a really good idea on your style...
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I don't know how you play, but I want to be in on this, so I'm just going to talk about your crazy modding. Mod Screw after all. You're very inventive, but sometimes you seem to go off the edge and over again.

Adel: I'll take that as a compliment. :)
Last edited by Lord Gurgi on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Adel »

You are like a young and innocent JDodge: slightly more active, slightly more townie as a baseline average, but not as good in endgame.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

Tarhalindur wrote:Edit: Wait a minute, that's a BlakAdder alt. Give me a minute to update...
Who is? I don't have an alt.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

BlakAdder wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Edit: Wait a minute, that's a BlakAdder alt. Give me a minute to update...
Who is? I don't have an alt.
PWNED
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Adel wrote:You are like a young and innocent JDodge: slightly more active, slightly more townie as a baseline average, but not as good in endgame.
As this thread derailed very slightly Im going to do Adel based on her reputation, ideas and modding having never played with her. Her immense reputation on this site after only being here a shortish time is commendable and is held in high regard. Her idea's (the ones that dont involve killing kittens) are out there and usually offer alternative viewpoints to the norm and whilst a fair amount of the time I disagree she puts a well reasoned case up each time. She can be disturbing and occasionally take things to far, but as a regular member of GD, I just have to remember which threads shes posted in which I cant look at in public places... The modding of her themed game, Adel's Nightmare was very well done and frequently updated, if slightly too complex. However I highly suspect her mini normals are well, more normal.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Adel »

more than "slightly" too complex I'm afraid, but thanks!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Adel, I've played one game with you and I forgot if I remember correctly you were town. Very theoretical and methodical in your play, come off as very smart, and seem to try to find a dataset to find scum rather than informal behavior analysis. This is probably more accurate but sounds like less fun :P.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Adel, your just too analytical, I think it clouds your judgement when it comes to more logical thought processes. Take a step back and look at the big picture a bit more.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”