Describe the Playstyle Above You

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Elmo »

imaginality was obv obv town and pretty good in ehabanohar. I can't really say much more due to the nature of the setup, it didn't really encourage deep analysis :)

Korts had the misfortune to be SK in one of the best towns I've ever seen. I'm just including him here to note that I love his GWTBW avatar and so he doesn't feel left out. =]

Adel thinks scarily like me in many respects. People vastly underestimate her approach of experimenting to see what works and what doesn't, I have found many effective ideas that would probably have been classed insane by most people. She was very difficult to play against for the brief time I was scum against her, mostly because it was hard to figure out what she thought or what she'd do next. The only other game I can remember her in, she smacked EA down hard for bussing ClockworkRuse, and just played really well. So yeah, :thumbsup:

roflcopter destroyed all the scum as doc in Crackers. He's really in-your-face, when he's pressuring you, he'd have been a royal pain in the ass if I was scum. Also, he won as SK. So someone I want sharing an alignment with me.

ShadowGirl.. I actually drove a wagon on her and realised she was town about 24 hours later, haha. It was quite literally like SHE'S SCUM SHE'S SCUM OH SHIT SHE'S TOWN. I would say her kinda low content style is nice, but hard to do well, I'd advise her looking up some of VitaminR's games (or MeMe) for inspiration, because I love the guy. Just, the amount of 'content' - whatever that is - is proportional to how good a read people get on you, so one is pretty much always walking a fine line if you keep it trimmed; having said that, I really hate producing content 'just for the sake of it', so I can't disagree with her style at all, just that it is very double-edged by nature. I like her, though, if that wasn't obvious :)

populartajo is notable just for being someone I saw in his first couple of games and then a year later. The improvement to a ridiculous degree is probably the sole reason I'm still promising myself I will IC, it's uplifting to see the shift in someone's play. Also, hi!

JDodge is good at finding scum, and hates walls of text, which makes him awesome. My most vivid memory of him is replacing into a game and realising that he was killed off night 1 by both the mafia and the SK. He has a very effective "short & sweet" style, although sometimes this degenerates into simply lurking if he gets bored. If that doesn't happen, though, he's far better than some people seem to think the word count indicates.

Shanba is basically my inspiration as scum. I don't think I've had anyone else so frequently come so close to giving me "oh, please god, no..." moments. And daytalking as scum with him in Nervous was great, even if the game didn't live up to expectations. Apparently he's good as town as well, I can't wait for the point I see this firsthand, you dirty begger <_<

Xtoxm is surprisingly good at finding scum once you get past the exterior, and generally a good town player as long as people think he's town. Things get stickier if he's scum or if someone's trying to push a lynch on him. I think he has great potential if he meditates on the fact that virtually every experienced player has a game where ___ was obv scum but just wasn't getting lynched. That's as much a part of the game as finding them in the first place; indeed, there are people who play with some degree of success in a way where it's very easy to tell when they're scum, but generally real hard to actually get them lynched. It's valid, and it works, and you just gotta deal with it.

PokerFace CAN SOMEHOW CLAW BACK THE TOWN WIN, EVEN AFTER HE GOT LYNCHED, DAMNIT. Hi. <3

Simenon played extremely well in Traditional, where he was a scum mason in a 5-strong masony and managed to fool pretty much all of them, from what I recall. Even though they figured one of them was probably scum, he endgamed a bunch of people with only a couple left alive. I liked his style throughout.

I have to begger off now, don't feel left out if I've missed you, this was done quickly <_<

(Please do not do PYP3, thank you)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Elmo »

Pokers is perhaps the only person I know whose gambits don't backfire horribly. Much to my chagrin. IRC seems to have infected him with the notion that Vanilla Townie is "boring" and therefore unworthy of actual sustained effort, but seemingly he frequently manages to pull out the win anyway. My spies tell me he's good scum too but I don't think I've seen him play that yet.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

Return to “Mafia Discussion”